Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Weak Powerball Sales?

Topic closed. 147 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lottoguru$-!624.

Page 9 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7295 Posts
Posted: February 27, 2012, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

Good day to you again Stack! Sun Smiley

Well at this point, it's becoming obvious that you have other agenda's beyond an LP crusader, fighting to help us clarify lottery prize structures.

So here's the crux of your "issue", you question why a "true believer" didn't get multiple tickets or Power Play if it was an option in "07"   Crying

Try to get over it Stack.........and yourself. You'll feel so much better, I promise!   Hyper

With all your incredible knowledge, experience and passion for the lottery structure, why is it you haven't won at least one second tier prize?

Tell you what Stack, I'll let you get back to what you really EXCEL at best...... copying, pasting and............... Rant 

Have a lovely day!       Lovies

How many times are you going to pat yourself on the back for getting lucky on a QP and matching 5+0 five years ago?

"With all your incredible knowledge, experience and passion for the lottery structure, why is it you haven't won at least one second tier prize?"

You didn't even know until a couple of days ago that Power Play guaranteed $1 million for matching 5 numbers for the last three years, but you just can't say you're wrong. The odds of matching 5+0 were not the same in 2007 so the "old PB game" you mentioned with the same odds had to be the one starting in 2009 when they changed the matrix from 5/55 to 5/59 and added the Power Play $1 million guarantee.

Is it that difficult for you to admit it when you were flat out wrong?

Reading and understanding the payoff structure of any Lottery game isn't that difficult. The odds against winning PB and MM jackpot must be irrelevant to the players because millions of dollars are wagered on every jackpot. The only time in either game when players get the same payoff odds as the odds against is when the jackpot exceeds $175 million and they take the annuity.

Just the fact that you questioned me winning "at least one second tier prize" must mean you believe PB is the game of choice of every lottery player. A very strange or silly observation on your part considering you posted it in a "Weak Powerball Sales?" thread. With the $2 ticket price, any drawing sales has to be over $20 million to expect just TWO second prize winners. Back in "07" SIX second prize winners were expected when any drawing sales were over $20 million.

Your ignorance of the 5 million to 1 odds against matching 5+0 for the past 3 years just proves how incredibly silly that question is. I'm assuming you don't know there are other lottery games with odds low enough that winning a secondary tier prize is expected with sound playing methods. But as I've learned, discussing sound playing methods with QP only players is impossible.

"Try to get over it Stack"

There are several other "look at me, look at me" posters so it's not like you're unique to this board. If you keep on boasting about your lucky one time win long enough, you can set the Lottery Post record for the most "congrats" received.

"Tell you what Stack, I'll let you get back to what you really EXCEL at best...... copying, pasting and"

I can see why you were annoyed when I called you out and quoted from your posts to prove my point. I've only been on LP member for six years and not nearly enough time to learn and convince me how to "absolutely believe" I'll win a jackpot with 175 million to 1 odds against me.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19816 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2012, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

You are telling me that I will be happy to win back $20 after spending $5 to $10 a week on lottery tickets.

Spending $260 to $520 annually on lottery tickets in order to win $20 once in a while is a losing proposition.

They should raise lottery games prices to  $5 for a single line and lets see how you feel about that spending money on lottery games.

I've read your posts of $1 for 1 ticket per draw many time so what I posted wasn't meant for you.  I stopped playing PB when its price changed to $2 so I know I wouldn't play any lottery that charged $5 a line.   I simply stated increasing prices and limiting payouts have been tried before in my state and failed. 

Any game has to find a market large enough to support it to be successful.  With MM staying at $1 per line with similar odds and jackpots and many state games having better odds but smaller jackpots, PB may have a hard time finding a market the size it was hoping for.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2012, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

How many times are you going to pat yourself on the back for getting lucky on a QP and matching 5+0 five years ago?

"With all your incredible knowledge, experience and passion for the lottery structure, why is it you haven't won at least one second tier prize?"

You didn't even know until a couple of days ago that Power Play guaranteed $1 million for matching 5 numbers for the last three years, but you just can't say you're wrong. The odds of matching 5+0 were not the same in 2007 so the "old PB game" you mentioned with the same odds had to be the one starting in 2009 when they changed the matrix from 5/55 to 5/59 and added the Power Play $1 million guarantee.

Is it that difficult for you to admit it when you were flat out wrong?

Reading and understanding the payoff structure of any Lottery game isn't that difficult. The odds against winning PB and MM jackpot must be irrelevant to the players because millions of dollars are wagered on every jackpot. The only time in either game when players get the same payoff odds as the odds against is when the jackpot exceeds $175 million and they take the annuity.

Just the fact that you questioned me winning "at least one second tier prize" must mean you believe PB is the game of choice of every lottery player. A very strange or silly observation on your part considering you posted it in a "Weak Powerball Sales?" thread. With the $2 ticket price, any drawing sales has to be over $20 million to expect just TWO second prize winners. Back in "07" SIX second prize winners were expected when any drawing sales were over $20 million.

Your ignorance of the 5 million to 1 odds against matching 5+0 for the past 3 years just proves how incredibly silly that question is. I'm assuming you don't know there are other lottery games with odds low enough that winning a secondary tier prize is expected with sound playing methods. But as I've learned, discussing sound playing methods with QP only players is impossible.

"Try to get over it Stack"

There are several other "look at me, look at me" posters so it's not like you're unique to this board. If you keep on boasting about your lucky one time win long enough, you can set the Lottery Post record for the most "congrats" received.

"Tell you what Stack, I'll let you get back to what you really EXCEL at best...... copying, pasting and"

I can see why you were annoyed when I called you out and quoted from your posts to prove my point. I've only been on LP member for six years and not nearly enough time to learn and convince me how to "absolutely believe" I'll win a jackpot with 175 million to 1 odds against me.

Hey Stack...see your still hungry, coming back for third's now or is it fourth's?   Crazy

Still trying to  razzle dazzle everyone with your continued ridiculous Rant ,which are not even annoying.........as they are pathetic.

What is your "payoff" to get a gold star of approval on your forehead for all to admire?   Star

My facts in recent posts spoke for themselves. But please, by all means continue your daily posts, for months on end if necesscary until

you get it out of your system. I can't wait for my 6th year anniversary with LP, so I can become just like you.   Puke

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7295 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2012, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

god im all for dropping lower prizes altogether? i mean if you dont walk out with a wad of cash in your hand and a big grinn on your face, why bother  winning. $2 or $20 just doesnt do it for me..

anyhow could the jackpots slow so much  that it is 6 months between wins?

With the current PB smaller ($100 or less) secondary prize payoffs, it's difficult winning back the amount spent. 6/49 lotto and pick-5 games may the limit for system players that try to generate enough small wins to continue playing. Players spending $20 to break even and playing back their winnings can say they doubled their chances, but half their chances are already gone when they replay their winnings.

With odds of 30 to 1 against winning any prize, $10 players are lucky if they collect $4. The good news is there are other games with better odds of winning; the multi-million winner take all PB jackpot is not the only game in town. I seldom played PB when the price was $1, but I did play Power Play so the price increase won't affect me when the jackpot reaches $250 million and I play to get a small piece of the action.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7295 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2012, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

Hey Stack...see your still hungry, coming back for third's now or is it fourth's?   Crazy

Still trying to  razzle dazzle everyone with your continued ridiculous Rant ,which are not even annoying.........as they are pathetic.

What is your "payoff" to get a gold star of approval on your forehead for all to admire?   Star

My facts in recent posts spoke for themselves. But please, by all means continue your daily posts, for months on end if necesscary until

you get it out of your system. I can't wait for my 6th year anniversary with LP, so I can become just like you.   Puke

"My facts in recent posts spoke for themselves."

Yes they did.

mcginnin56: "There was no "GUARANTEE" to get $1 million  in the "OLD" Powerball with Powerplay."

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2012, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

"My facts in recent posts spoke for themselves."

Yes they did.

mcginnin56: "There was no "GUARANTEE" to get $1 million  in the "OLD" Powerball with Powerplay."

Again my friend, You always FORGET to specify which "older" version you have been referring to. There were several....remember now!   Roll Eyes

The devil is "in the details" my friend.........always in the details. One day you might appreciate this concept.    Type

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11975 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2012, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

I've read your posts of $1 for 1 ticket per draw many time so what I posted wasn't meant for you.  I stopped playing PB when its price changed to $2 so I know I wouldn't play any lottery that charged $5 a line.   I simply stated increasing prices and limiting payouts have been tried before in my state and failed. 

Any game has to find a market large enough to support it to be successful.  With MM staying at $1 per line with similar odds and jackpots and many state games having better odds but smaller jackpots, PB may have a hard time finding a market the size it was hoping for.

Sorry, I get your point RJOH. Lotteries are good because they benefit education somehow.

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11975 Posts
                Posted: February 27, 2012, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

With the current PB smaller ($100 or less) secondary prize payoffs, it's difficult winning back the amount spent. 6/49 lotto and pick-5 games may the limit for system players that try to generate enough small wins to continue playing. Players spending $20 to break even and playing back their winnings can say they doubled their chances, but half their chances are already gone when they replay their winnings.

With odds of 30 to 1 against winning any prize, $10 players are lucky if they collect $4. The good news is there are other games with better odds of winning; the multi-million winner take all PB jackpot is not the only game in town. I seldom played PB when the price was $1, but I did play Power Play so the price increase won't affect me when the jackpot reaches $250 million and I play to get a small piece of the action.

Stack, you can increase your chances of winning by spending $5 to $50 per drawings on any lottery game. I am a big fan of buying 1 quick pick ticket for jackpots games, but I am changing my mind after reading some of your posts.  I feel that we should play whatever we can afford.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19816 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2012, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, I get your point RJOH. Lotteries are good because they benefit education somehow.

"Lotteries are good because they benefit education somehow" is just political talk not to be believed any more than the words of a politician saying "Elect me and you'll have $2/gal gasoline again".

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: February 27, 2012, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Stack, you can increase your chances of winning by spending $5 to $50 per drawings on any lottery game. I am a big fan of buying 1 quick pick ticket for jackpots games, but I am changing my mind after reading some of your posts.  I feel that we should play whatever we can afford.

Try the MO' MONEY Method!

It's sweepin' the nation!  White BounceWhite BounceWhite Bounce

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10344 Posts
                      Posted: February 27, 2012, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

The place in Memphis? That hit the news here, too, Ridge. I can't believe the news people can keep a straight face saying MO' MONEY.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3854 Posts
                        Posted: February 27, 2012, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

they prolly practice on slow news days.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3300 Posts
                          Posted: February 27, 2012, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

ohhh  i see what you mean by people who dont play telling us how the lotto should be ran.

sorry rjoh thought that was directed at me.

personally id prefer an equitable prize structure, ie the same % if  takings paid to ea prize catagory.

or for the technically minded, a table for ea ticket, where the gambler can assign waht % he wants to go to ea catagory. and that portion of the gambling dollar goes to that level, they could then quote payouts as %1 of pool values, so if i said 90% to 1+B and 10% to jackpot.

90% of my $1 bets prize money, ie 90% of 50c, or 45c would go to the pool for `1+B the payout toble would have the total, cash pool for that prize number of winners, and the payout for %1 then player just has to multiply the %1 amount by the number of % he assigned to the prize level.

man you think they'll go for this? i should email it in as a suggestion ;)

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: February 27, 2012, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

The place in Memphis? That hit the news here, too, Ridge. I can't believe the news people can keep a straight face saying MO' MONEY.

You're probably way closer to Memphis than me. We don't hear anything about Memphis here.

I see it's a tax outfit though, maybe I should have copyrighted my Mo Money Method to Mountains of Marvelous Money, lol.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1648 Posts
                              Posted: February 27, 2012, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

"Lotteries are good because they benefit education somehow" is just political talk not to be believed any more than the words of a politician saying "Elect me and you'll have $2/gal gasoline again".

I fully agree with you on this and tend to believe that it benefits the people who actually run the organization more than others. If we consider all the money a state's lottery takes in versus the payouts, it's kind of a bad deal for players in the long run. I have said since day one that the lotteries can definitely afford to pay out lots more than they do...all while still generating very, very good profit. That's the reason I don't mess with 'em any more. The odds are no good in any way, shape, or form. With a better payout structure, which will allow a player to run more numbers for better coverage, more money will be won by more players.

LL

Page 9 of 10