Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 184 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Running your smart mouth isn't going to get you friendly discussion Boney.........

You could at least check your facts and try to make statements that are coherent.......

39 draws times $98,820. per draw = $3,853,980. USD. Subtracted from my Aug. 10, 2012 5+1 prediction equals around $16 million in profit (After taxes) 

Oh, and that only takes into account the single winning ticket (amonug 1000s) AND completely ignores the that that I hit it on the 18th draw.................................

Friday, August 10, 2012          10 · 18 · 36 · 38 · 44    08          4                         $29 Million

You can revert back now to something stupid like "It was just luck"............

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #99032
    October 18, 2010
    1439 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

It was just luck.

Like you said it only takes one winning ticket to be ahead.  Keep this going for several hundred million tickets draws and you will be about 10-60% of your dollars back.

So yeah it was just luck.  You're not going to beat the odds.  Out of all the tickets you've fake bought so far,you've calculated the cost.

If you keep that running tally for as long as you test this I can assure you you'll be behind at some point. And at some point, you'll stay behind.  You'll get so far behind there'll be no digging out of it.  Because these games carry a HUGE house advantage.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

lol. lol. lol. lol. lol. lol. lol. lol. lol. lol. .lol. lol. 

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

It was just luck.

Like you said it only takes one winning ticket to be ahead.  Keep this going for several hundred million tickets draws and you will be about 10-60% of your dollars back.

So yeah it was just luck.  You're not going to beat the odds.  Out of all the tickets you've fake bought so far,you've calculated the cost.

If you keep that running tally for as long as you test this I can assure you you'll be behind at some point. And at some point, you'll stay behind.  You'll get so far behind there'll be no digging out of it.  Because these games carry a HUGE house advantage.

REALLY......Oh, I had no idea..... Why do you keep acting like a highly intelligent, superior being who is talking to 5 years old children. Are you always this condescending toward people or is it just in the forums?

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2012, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

It was just luck.

It is luck, its just good luck because the fibonacci sequence is not an imaginary thing.  It is real, and thus can be measured.  Its just you have to have a working knowledge of probability.

I dont think you can count.  You should get some lessons from Kevin Spacey.

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2012, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

It is luck, its just good luck because the fibonacci sequence is not an imaginary thing.  It is real, and thus can be measured.  Its just you have to have a working knowledge of probability.

I dont think you can count.  You should get some lessons from Kevin Spacey.

I Agree!  It is good luck and I never said it wasn't. Good luck is just another word for predictive powers and intuition....... Too bad the doubter and sceptic uses it as a catch all, to make himself feel superior.

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2012, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  It is good luck and I never said it wasn't. Good luck is just another word for predictive powers and intuition....... Too bad the doubter and sceptic uses it as a catch all, to make himself feel superior.

gÛÛÐLepHippy

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2012, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

gÛÛÐLepHippy

Thumbs Up Perhaps Boney thinks there is a mathematical equation for when and how everything happens........ and there could well be, not that it will ever be discovered by mere mortals..... lol. lol. 

I have a good feeling about tonight's prediction and that's NOT something that can be calculated........

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2012, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up Perhaps Boney thinks there is a mathematical equation for when and how everything happens........ and there could well be, not that it will ever be discovered by mere mortals..... lol. lol. 

I have a good feeling about tonight's prediction and that's NOT something that can be calculated........

I dont think Boney ever learned math.

Take probability.  Supposed the lottery is not rigged.  There fore it obeys laws of probabability.

If something occurred 10 times in 100

and another thing occurred 0 times in 100, then this simple fact, will allow me to predict.  If the game is not rigged then these two variables should reverse at some point.  (with some good luckWink)

I dont think bonehead understands what a variable is, or even how to define one.

In order to predict you have to be looking for something.

People who play quickpicks never look for anything. 

And all boney is looking for is trouble.

Talking in terms of ROI, those with working knowledge can play longer with more house investment.

There is a limit on how deep the whole can be dug before you have a windfall.  You are gambling on a windfall.   Its only a matter of time, and many people on LP have done it already, and are just trying to do it again.

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: December 18, 2012, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Take probability.  Supposed the lottery is not rigged.  There fore it obeys laws of probabability.

and another thing occurred 0 times in 100, then this simple fact, will allow me to predict.  If the game is not rigged then these two variables should reverse at some point.  (with some good luckWink)

I dont think bonehead understands what a variable is, or even how to define one.

Talking in terms of ROI, those with working knowledge can play longer with more house investment.

There is a limit on how deep the whole can be dug before you have a windfall.  You are gambling on a windfall.   Its only a matter of time, and many people on LP have done it already, and are just trying to do it again.

I Agree! Its easy to see a trouble maker who keeps tyring to twist "BETTER ODDS" into beating the house, or somehow being able to make a winning lottery prediction on demand.......

Or that I would need to play for the next 29,000 years to prove that it would all even out in the end...... lol.  How bout I just take the money and run?

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: December 18, 2012, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Its easy to see a trouble maker who keeps tyring to twist "BETTER ODDS" into beating the house, or somehow being able to make a winning lottery prediction on demand.......

Or that I would need to play for the next 29,000 years to prove that it would all even out in the end...... lol.  How bout I just take the money and run?

29,000 years!ConeheadConeheadConeheadThud

Thats funny, thats a very common argument of the doubters and skeptics.

New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #99032
                        October 18, 2010
                        1439 Posts
                        Posted: December 18, 2012, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Not if the odds are still set...  deviations are normal in the short run.  Depending on what you're talking about, 100 trials usually isn't significant.....

There is no limit on how much you can lose before hitting a windfall.  And you're very likely to be very far behind by that time, if you're playing thousands of combos per draw.  I don't think YOU understand probability.  Probability for independent trials are unnaffected by previous trials.  So assuming that the lottery is not rigged, like you said, predictions are meaningless.  That's not true in codependent trials, but if the lottery is not rigged, then it's draws are independent by nature.

New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #99032
                          October 18, 2010
                          1439 Posts
                          Posted: December 18, 2012, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

29,000 years!ConeheadConeheadConeheadThud

Thats funny, thats a very common argument of the doubters and skeptics.

My sentence should have read hundreds of millions of tickets, not draws.  And since you're playing roughly 100,000 tickets, I really don't think it would take more than 200-300 draws to get there (so like 2 or 3 years) but for a much more certain result I'd say at least 1000.  I'm not actually gonna go pull out a statistics book to find the confidence interval math, b/c it's not like you'd believe it anyway.

The point is that you'r assuming that you will definetely have a windfall if you bought those many tickets. You may, at which point you'd likely be ahead but even then the odds are against you.  I don't remember how many tickets you had played, but 92820 seems to stick out in my head.  Assuming that, your odds of never winning a jackpot over 500 draws is 76.7823%.

New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #99032
                            October 18, 2010
                            1439 Posts
                            Posted: December 18, 2012, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Fair enough.

It can't be calculated.  Which is why I'm just saying it can't be proven.  And I won't invest in things that can't be proven to be profitable.  I won't invest my TIME or MONEY.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: December 18, 2012, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

Fair enough.

It can't be calculated.  Which is why I'm just saying it can't be proven.  And I won't invest in things that can't be proven to be profitable.  I won't invest my TIME or MONEY.

No one asked you to "invest" anything Boney. Do you need to be reminded that your posting here voluntarily?

Page 184 of 353