Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 183 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #93947
July 10, 2010
2180 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:53 am - IP Logged

I'm up well over $16 million on my predictions, and I don't think anyone else on LP can make that claim.

http://www.lotterypost.com/predictions-statistics.asp?i=118221

$16 Million ?

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2012, 2:11 am - IP Logged

Science or not lotteries are very exact what has to be done to win the jackpots.  Being close doesn't pay even a percent of what the jackpots pay even though the combinations close enough to be worth anything are less than 2% of the possible combinations.

Some level playing field, you are either at the one point on the field that wins out of millions or you lose.

I Agree!

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2012, 2:24 am - IP Logged

I think you are taking my post too literally.  My point is it's all completely unpredictable.  I'd be willing to bet there is nothing you can do to pick 28 numbers which match more often than a random set would, if you could play long enough to hit the long run.  Although re-reading this post, I'm not quite sure what your intentions are.  Like I'm not sure if you're trying to argue against a point I made or not.

I also don't know what you mean by the mean is about 7.  The mean of what?  Honestly I have no idea what you meant in that second and thrid paragraphs.  I really have no idea what you're talking about so I can't properly respond.....  such as the fact that you said you know that many groups will match 5 numbers in the next 5 drawings.  That's a true statement, sure, but what is it's relevance?

The mean of the LFF.

He means in the thrid paragaraph that if the it was completely unpredictable, then how can he break even over time, even without hitting the JP.

And I dont mind sharing as well, just I pull much more weight and then am more reluctant to share, but its very precise, and all this yapping about odds and stuff is not going to help in your precision.

Its about variables, and how many of them are you willing to track.

Now if Ronnies want to increase is odss by say a mean of 3% then i can help him.  But i need some help of the chart wizards and its a very simple chart do in VBA.

It is basically tracking six very important variables. While looking of course still for the LFF.

I dont bother too much as time is limited, but I do have my moments of success.

And ronnie instead of doing a 50 dollar wheel on the boards, its more lucrative and wise to do 2 twenty five dollar wheels, and two bonus balls.   And you still have look for the LFF and GF.

I am not here to give a clinic, so dont ask me what those abbreviations are. I will post at my blog if requested. But where is blue duck, he could probably make an easy chart to looking for the LFF/D, where LFF/D, need only go back approximatly 30 games.  I dont bother with wheels, because I can win on one line.

Besides filling in 100 playslips is not something for the feint of heart.

Boney dont you have a dictionary?

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        4076 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2012, 5:31 am - IP Logged

jimmy bozo

I agree, I should have said 80% of his original investment.  LP prediction board is a waste of time

as far as I am concerned.  You are welcome to harp on it as much as you want but you are not going

to cause me to change my mind.   I have very little time for my normal day to day functions so adding

an hour or so to my schedule just so I can prove to you something that has already been proven is a

even bigger waste of my time.

Have you forgotten the previous attempt where I decided to take up you meaningless challenge.  I

started playing and scanning my tickets over I think it was nine days.  I don't remember exactly what

the results were but I think I played 6 or 7 games and made a profit on all but two plays.  If I also have

my facts straight I am sure that I done better than the odds even on the days I missed.   Again here I

am working from memory but I think my total winnings after the cost of the tickets was over $300.00

and I don't think that I played over 15 lines for any of the games except for the MO lotto game which

plays 2 lines for a buck.

The two things that I do remember most about the challenge was 1st, getting a PM from you in which

you asked me not to post my tickets? What?    The second thing was that you turned up the rhetoric to the 

point that Todd had to lock the topic.  What?What?What?What?What?    Now you suggest a new challenge, what do you 

have in mind this time?  The only thing that I can think of is that you have your kin in Missouri poised and

ready to make some quick cash.   This fish ain't bite'n that hook no matter how you dress it up.

PS.  Not interested in proving something over and over, not my style.   As for the group play we have not 

done so well yet but it's only a matter of everyone coming together.  I expect we will all be in the JP

circle at point down the road.  While chance may play a role I think it will favor us and our efforts.  If

chance was removed from the game then there would be no game.  Where is that fat lady when we

need her???   I sure wish she would start singing so you could move on with your life.   

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2012, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Start here............

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/247020/45

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7342 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2012, 10:46 am - IP Logged

I think you are taking my post too literally.  My point is it's all completely unpredictable.  I'd be willing to bet there is nothing you can do to pick 28 numbers which match more often than a random set would, if you could play long enough to hit the long run.  Although re-reading this post, I'm not quite sure what your intentions are.  Like I'm not sure if you're trying to argue against a point I made or not.

I also don't know what you mean by the mean is about 7.  The mean of what?  Honestly I have no idea what you meant in that second and thrid paragraphs.  I really have no idea what you're talking about so I can't properly respond.....  such as the fact that you said you know that many groups will match 5 numbers in the next 5 drawings.  That's a true statement, sure, but what is it's relevance?

"I also don't know what you mean by the mean is about 7."

We were talking about beating probability and a group of 28 numbers should match five numbers once every 39 drawings. In 39 drawings, the mean is 1 and in game history, about 300 drawings, the mean is around 7.

I pointed out there are groups of 28 numbers that matched five numbers in 7 consecutive drawings so we know it's possible to do much better than 1 in 39. It's not really an anomaly because there is a probability out of "X" number of drawings we should see seven consecutive drawings with 28 or less numbers. I guess I should have said any 28 number group matching five numbers in 5 consecutive drawings will beat the probable 1 in 39 because at the most, there are only 25 numbers drawn in five drawings. In any 39 drawings there will be groups of 28 numbers that match five numbers in 5 consecutive drawings in all 39 drawings.

"That's a true statement, sure, but what is it's relevance?"

Because the odds of having a five number match are are reduced to 98,820 to 1 when five of the 28 numbers match. I'm not saying someone could create a system will produce a group of 28 numbers that matches five numbers in every drawing or in 5 consecutive drawings, but it's possible to create one that averages 4 or 5 out of 39 drawings.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2012, 11:01 am - IP Logged

I used 98,820 lines in my predictons for 39 draws......................

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/247020/45

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2012, 11:02 am - IP Logged

7 people participated, I was the biggest winner and Boney was the biggest loser........

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2012, 11:07 am - IP Logged

I posted my 47 lines on the prediction board in case I hit 5+1 tonight.......

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #99032
                    October 18, 2010
                    1439 Posts
                    Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

He's only including his recent shenanigans and isn't counting losses.  It's all VERY scientific.

New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #99032
                      October 18, 2010
                      1439 Posts
                      Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

I have already "proven" that the power of prediction and intuition works. Ive done it both here AND on the predictions board but because it can't be verified with a math formula it was dismissed as "just luck".

You didn't prove anything.

If I guessed the next card of a deck of cards was the Ace of Spades and I was right, I didn't prove anything at all.

Your predicitons board barely has any plays.  That's hardly proof.

New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #99032
                        October 18, 2010
                        1439 Posts
                        Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

"I also don't know what you mean by the mean is about 7."

We were talking about beating probability and a group of 28 numbers should match five numbers once every 39 drawings. In 39 drawings, the mean is 1 and in game history, about 300 drawings, the mean is around 7.

I pointed out there are groups of 28 numbers that matched five numbers in 7 consecutive drawings so we know it's possible to do much better than 1 in 39. It's not really an anomaly because there is a probability out of "X" number of drawings we should see seven consecutive drawings with 28 or less numbers. I guess I should have said any 28 number group matching five numbers in 5 consecutive drawings will beat the probable 1 in 39 because at the most, there are only 25 numbers drawn in five drawings. In any 39 drawings there will be groups of 28 numbers that match five numbers in 5 consecutive drawings in all 39 drawings.

"That's a true statement, sure, but what is it's relevance?"

Because the odds of having a five number match are are reduced to 98,820 to 1 when five of the 28 numbers match. I'm not saying someone could create a system will produce a group of 28 numbers that matches five numbers in every drawing or in 5 consecutive drawings, but it's possible to create one that averages 4 or 5 out of 39 drawings.

Again.  The mean what is 1 and the mean what is around 7?  Of course it's possible to win more than 1 in 39 in short tests.  I can also flip a coin and it's possible to have 3 heads and 7 tails.  What's the point?

It's not possible to create a system which averages more than the odds dictate.  A set of numbers can win more than they should an average in the short term, but not the long term.

I don't get what you guys don't understand about this simple concept.  It's like if the number "5" came out two draws in a row you'd claim that probability is wrong since that number should come out less than every draw on average.

New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #99032
                          October 18, 2010
                          1439 Posts
                          Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

The mean of the LFF.

He means in the thrid paragaraph that if the it was completely unpredictable, then how can he break even over time, even without hitting the JP.

And I dont mind sharing as well, just I pull much more weight and then am more reluctant to share, but its very precise, and all this yapping about odds and stuff is not going to help in your precision.

Its about variables, and how many of them are you willing to track.

Now if Ronnies want to increase is odss by say a mean of 3% then i can help him.  But i need some help of the chart wizards and its a very simple chart do in VBA.

It is basically tracking six very important variables. While looking of course still for the LFF.

I dont bother too much as time is limited, but I do have my moments of success.

And ronnie instead of doing a 50 dollar wheel on the boards, its more lucrative and wise to do 2 twenty five dollar wheels, and two bonus balls.   And you still have look for the LFF and GF.

I am not here to give a clinic, so dont ask me what those abbreviations are. I will post at my blog if requested. But where is blue duck, he could probably make an easy chart to looking for the LFF/D, where LFF/D, need only go back approximatly 30 games.  I dont bother with wheels, because I can win on one line.

Besides filling in 100 playslips is not something for the feint of heart.

Boney dont you have a dictionary?

Got no idea what you're talking about.  I'm not about to get into an argument about "Lottery Statistics" that are useless and futile.

And yes, if you're going to make a point at the basis of which is an abbreviation that most people probably do not know, it seems kind of silly to say you're not going to say what that abbreviation means. You can go back and look but I know that nothing you do has any affect on your outcomes.  Go ahead and don't believe me if you wish, I don't care that much, as you seem intent on seeing patterns where none exist with purpose.

A dictionary?  For what?  To look up your crazy terms like LFF?  Not necessary.  If you want to share w/ the board go ahead.  Unless I'm completely misinterpreting you, I don't think I will find them relevant.

New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #99032
                            October 18, 2010
                            1439 Posts
                            Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Again.  The mean what is 1 and the mean what is around 7?  Of course it's possible to win more than 1 in 39 in short tests.  I can also flip a coin and it's possible to have 3 heads and 7 tails.  What's the point?

It's not possible to create a system which averages more than the odds dictate.  A set of numbers can win more than they should an average in the short term, but not the long term.

I don't get what you guys don't understand about this simple concept.  It's like if the number "5" came out two draws in a row you'd claim that probability is wrong since that number should come out less than every draw on average.

I think I get what you were trying to say.

Is it that the average (mean) amount of times you should have won was 1, but instead in 300 draws, you won 7 out of 39 instead?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

He's only including his recent shenanigans and isn't counting losses.  It's all VERY scientific.

Running your smart mouth isn't going to get you friendly discussion Boney.........

You could at least check your facts and try to make statements that are coherent.......

39 draws times $98,820. per draw = $3,853,980. USD. Subtracted from my Aug. 10, 2012 5+1 prediction equals around $16 million in profit (After taxes) 

Oh, and that only takes into account the single winning ticket (amonug 1000s) AND completely ignores the that that I hit it on the 18th draw.................................

Friday, August 10, 2012          10 · 18 · 36 · 38 · 44    08          4                         $29 Million

Page 183 of 353