Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 227 of 353
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7299 Posts
Posted: January 8, 2013, 1:11 am - IP Logged

RJOh,

When you say, "Don't you think that the increase in computing power have allowed the individual to think about theories that no one dared dream about back in the days you were programming?" you disappoint me.  Just when I think you're a true seeker of knowledge, you join with those intent on discrediting my remarks.  The MILS equipment I worked on early in my computing career was mentioned merely to bring RL-RANDOMLOGIC up to date.  Please note that the days of my programming started with that period and include today.

Your friends here like to dwell on the fact that >IF< they correctly select a subset of the total field of balls in [EG] a Powerball game, >THEN<, their probability of winning is greater than those of us who don't know which subset is the correct one.  You would really impress me if you would use the knowledge I'm pretty sure you have to point out to them that when they calculate their probability of selecting the correct subset, and multiply it by the one they tout, they will find themselves in the same boat as the rest of us. Smile

--Jimmy4164

"Your friends here like to dwell on the fact that >IF< they correctly select a subset of the total field of balls in [EG] a Powerball game, >THEN<, their

probability of winning is greater than those of us who don't know which subset is the correct one."

I've told you many times that you have no idea how people play lottery games and it looks like you don't even understand gambling in general. Making a bet starts with "IF" I win or lose and "THEN" what will my next bet be. Almost everyone making a bet with the exception of your pen pal whom you showed the errors of their ways, knows losing a bet is a possibility. Probability means nothing to players betting a buck for a life changing jackpot.

It's bad enough your Monte Carlo simulations are based on an extraordinary amount of players purchasing pick-3 QPs, but you take it another step and leave out all the common sense betting elements. It's silly enough to suggest even one real player would start with a $9125 bank roll and make five $1 QP bets in every drawing, regardless of winning or losing continues to make the same bet for 5 years, but you actually add 24,999 players and then try to con people into believing there is a significance to the results.

Do you really think any real player would buy five pick-3 QPs every day for 5 years to win $500 when for the same amount of money they could win millions in the jackpot games?

"You would really impress me if you would use the knowledge I'm pretty sure you have to point out to them that when they calculate their probability of selecting the correct subset"

To get you up to par, nobody has suggested a method (or offered one for sale) that gets enough five number matches to get a benefit from "IF".  I suggested a betting strategy (free to everyone that read the post) "IF" someone has a method. Here's an thought, instead of being the constant critic and a distraction, why not do something useful and contribute ideas for a method.

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: January 8, 2013, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Because the balls are NUMBERED, it is not a random event.

If half the balls were RED, and half the balls were BLUE, what would be the odds of getting all red or all blue?

Are odds the same for odd/even combinations, because half the balls are odd, and half the balls are even?

No, but that is of no consequence to the team that watches over the threads here.

Truth is not a goal here.

I avoided the temptation to post here for over a year, with fairly good success.  But more recently, I thought I'd give it another go.  Based on the paucity of participation in this thread from anyone other than the same cast of characters who crusaded against my efforts in 2010-11, I think my decision was ill advised.

Anonymity on the Internet can awaken the best, and worst qualities in individuals.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of the latter posting here.  Personally, I try to post here truthfully.  Thus, when I state that I stayed in three different Four Seasons hotels, or worked with early computers in the military, it's because I did.  I will, and HAVE challenged claims that I believe defy the laws of probability, but when other members make claims about something in their lives which I have no way of verifying, it never occurs to me to challenge or rebuke them.  People who do this willfully, under the cloak of anonymity, in my opinion, do not deserve applause, and definitely, not respect.  But they get applause, even when they use ugly, crude, and abusive language.  It's hard to know for sure how many unique humans are behind the many active personas here, the ones acting as Minders, or House Keepers, so to speak.  So it's hard to know how big of a group to expect if one were to stumble upon their annual summer Picnic In The Pine Barrens some day.

In the meantime, I hope a few of the quiet readers here have the curiosity necessary to learn more about how the world of probability works by taking the recommendation here.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174 

--Jimmy4164

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
      Whiskey Island
      United States
      Member #90216
      April 24, 2010
      12732 Posts
      Posted: January 8, 2013, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Thats funny LottoBoner..........................

LB ,

I had this exact set up with the C64.. It should be in storage some where , I need to dig it up . Maybe the old girl will fire up again for me !!

CW4

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: January 8, 2013, 2:05 am - IP Logged

LB ,

I had this exact set up with the C64.. It should be in storage some where , I need to dig it up . Maybe the old girl will fire up again for me !!

CW4

Type

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #99032
          October 18, 2010
          1439 Posts
          Posted: January 8, 2013, 10:38 am - IP Logged

On this specific, individual, particular, lone and singular night I was playing with BETTER ODDS. Can anyone deny the reality of this simple truth without convoluting it into a book chapter from a mad scientist?

01 02 03 04 05 09 10 12 14 15 16 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 29 31 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 41 42 43 46 47 51 52 54 55 56 57 58

Wednesday, November 28, 2012              05 · 16 · 22 · 23 · 29      06                  $587.5 Million

That's only true if you admit that on any day that you don't have your 5 right, your odds of winning are 0%.

And it all balances out so that you have the same odds as anyone else, because if you MISS a number then you can't win 5/5.  You don't play with better odds, you pick and choose draws from the past which work in your favor.

That's why people BACKTEST their lotto systems here.  Testing them on future draws would not result in any better results than the average player.

Not that anything I say makes a difference.  I can already tell that, because you call me names like an immature 12 year old and you make things up about me.

Like the fact that you call me a liberal constantly (which I am NOT) and your buddy LottoBoner is clearly liberal as hell but you agree with him all the time.  Yet you make fun of a Conservative because he disagrees about probability theory with your non provable nonsense.  You'r so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just say this.

I hope you never do end up buying those 100K tickets.  You could win that day, but more likely - you will lose.  It's pretty much the worst bet you can take, and you're so clueless about probability theory that you think it's a good bet, that you have "better odds."  I assure you, there are better ways to utilize that money.  There are better investments to take, charities to help, more fun ways to gamble, etc.  There is no need to give that money to the STATE - where they can waste it on welfare that's growing out of control.

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: January 8, 2013, 11:05 am - IP Logged

That's only true if you admit that on any day that you don't have your 5 right, your odds of winning are 0%.

And it all balances out so that you have the same odds as anyone else, because if you MISS a number then you can't win 5/5.  You don't play with better odds, you pick and choose draws from the past which work in your favor.

That's why people BACKTEST their lotto systems here.  Testing them on future draws would not result in any better results than the average player.

Not that anything I say makes a difference.  I can already tell that, because you call me names like an immature 12 year old and you make things up about me.

Like the fact that you call me a liberal constantly (which I am NOT) and your buddy LottoBoner is clearly liberal as hell but you agree with him all the time.  Yet you make fun of a Conservative because he disagrees about probability theory with your non provable nonsense.  You'r so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just say this.

I hope you never do end up buying those 100K tickets.  You could win that day, but more likely - you will lose.  It's pretty much the worst bet you can take, and you're so clueless about probability theory that you think it's a good bet, that you have "better odds."  I assure you, there are better ways to utilize that money.  There are better investments to take, charities to help, more fun ways to gamble, etc.  There is no need to give that money to the STATE - where they can waste it on welfare that's growing out of control.

Your the one who refuses to admit things boney. I have openly stated many times that Im willing to GIVE UP my chances of winning on some draws so that on other draws.......

Some number combinations have better odds............

New Jersey
              United States
              Member #99032
              October 18, 2010
              1439 Posts
              Posted: January 8, 2013, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Hypocrisy is only one of boneys numerous left wing tendencies.

Oh really?

Let's use your words....

(referencing ME) " I'm sure is quite painful for the selfish one to face......."

"From your profile" "I love greedy rich people."

I'm not sure where, but you've stated that I'm greedy.  It may have been on another thread.  What's wrong with my greed?  Huh?  Or are you the one with left wing tendencies?  Do you see nothing hypocritic about saying that you love greedy people, but using greedy and selfish with a negative connotation about me?

Or do you see nothing hypocritic about stating that you had better odds on that one draw, without acknowledging that on evey other draw your odds were 0%?  See I'm no hypocrit.  I say what I believe and stick to my guns unless I'm proven wrong.  And the only reason I hold those beliefs are because they've been proven true.  So HOW does that make me a hyporcit?

I guess I could be a hypocrit to you, since you've shown the ability to make up your own definitions of words in this thread.

But as anyone who is viewing this thread without a bias lens on can see that you are the Hypocrit, LottoBoner is the crazy guy who doesn't understand anything he posts so he quotes wiki articles which have thus far, all been irrelevant, and that RJOh is the guy whose just interested in the conversation and is being reasonable without attacking people.

Jimmy's trying to knock sense into you using simulations of the math and I'm just sitting here dropping truth bombs.  Of course, take that how you want, because to you 1+1 can equal, 2.5 as long as you can magically make up the difference.  Of course those of us in the real world know that a dollar is a dollar, and 1 in 4 million is 1 in 4 million.

New Jersey
                United States
                Member #99032
                October 18, 2010
                1439 Posts
                Posted: January 8, 2013, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Your the one who refuses to admit things boney. I have openly stated many times that Im willing to GIVE UP my chances of winning on some draws so that on other draws.......

Some number combinations have better odds............

As long as you realize that gives you no advanatage over a QP player or any other player, fine.

But that's not what you've been implying throughout this thread.  In fact you've stated the opposite many times, so clearly you think that giving up some chances of winning to increase your odds of winning other times doesn't just even out, (which it does) it helps you (which it doesn't.)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19823 Posts
                  Posted: January 8, 2013, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

Now that MM is at $47M/$36.4, I'm interested in playing again.  I'll be using some of the techniques I've read about in this thread to pick 20 lines for tonight's drawing.  If I match 5of5 or better I will post a complete breakdown of what I did.  I plan to post the first 10 lines on the prediction board.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: January 8, 2013, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Oh really?

Let's use your words....

(referencing ME) " I'm sure is quite painful for the selfish one to face......."

"From your profile" "I love greedy rich people."

I'm not sure where, but you've stated that I'm greedy.  It may have been on another thread.  What's wrong with my greed?  Huh?  Or are you the one with left wing tendencies?  Do you see nothing hypocritic about saying that you love greedy people, but using greedy and selfish with a negative connotation about me?

Or do you see nothing hypocritic about stating that you had better odds on that one draw, without acknowledging that on evey other draw your odds were 0%?  See I'm no hypocrit.  I say what I believe and stick to my guns unless I'm proven wrong.  And the only reason I hold those beliefs are because they've been proven true.  So HOW does that make me a hyporcit?

I guess I could be a hypocrit to you, since you've shown the ability to make up your own definitions of words in this thread.

But as anyone who is viewing this thread without a bias lens on can see that you are the Hypocrit, LottoBoner is the crazy guy who doesn't understand anything he posts so he quotes wiki articles which have thus far, all been irrelevant, and that RJOh is the guy whose just interested in the conversation and is being reasonable without attacking people.

Jimmy's trying to knock sense into you using simulations of the math and I'm just sitting here dropping truth bombs.  Of course, take that how you want, because to you 1+1 can equal, 2.5 as long as you can magically make up the difference.  Of course those of us in the real world know that a dollar is a dollar, and 1 in 4 million is 1 in 4 million.

I say what I believe and stick to my guns unless I'm proven wrong.  And the only reason I hold those beliefs are because they've been proven true.  So HOW does that make me a hyporcit?

I have watched Stack explain that to you more than once. Your lenthy argumentive posts are getting old.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: January 8, 2013, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

As long as you realize that gives you no advanatage over a QP player or any other player, fine.

But that's not what you've been implying throughout this thread.  In fact you've stated the opposite many times, so clearly you think that giving up some chances of winning to increase your odds of winning other times doesn't just even out, (which it does) it helps you (which it doesn't.)

Who cares if it evens out........ The jackpot only needs to be hit ONCE to satisfy any player.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: January 8, 2013, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

I have a huge advantage over QPs boney.........

If you or mediabrat EVER decide to step up to the plate I will prove it.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: January 8, 2013, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Now that MM is at $47M/$36.4, I'm interested in playing again.  I'll be using some of the techniques I've read about in this thread to pick 20 lines for tonight's drawing.  If I match 5of5 or better I will post a complete breakdown of what I did.  I plan to post the first 10 lines on the prediction board.

Sounds awesome RJOh Im working on my set of 28 now.........

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: January 8, 2013, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

No, but that is of no consequence to the team that watches over the threads here.

Truth is not a goal here.

I avoided the temptation to post here for over a year, with fairly good success.  But more recently, I thought I'd give it another go.  Based on the paucity of participation in this thread from anyone other than the same cast of characters who crusaded against my efforts in 2010-11, I think my decision was ill advised.

Anonymity on the Internet can awaken the best, and worst qualities in individuals.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of the latter posting here.  Personally, I try to post here truthfully.  Thus, when I state that I stayed in three different Four Seasons hotels, or worked with early computers in the military, it's because I did.  I will, and HAVE challenged claims that I believe defy the laws of probability, but when other members make claims about something in their lives which I have no way of verifying, it never occurs to me to challenge or rebuke them.  People who do this willfully, under the cloak of anonymity, in my opinion, do not deserve applause, and definitely, not respect.  But they get applause, even when they use ugly, crude, and abusive language.  It's hard to know for sure how many unique humans are behind the many active personas here, the ones acting as Minders, or House Keepers, so to speak.  So it's hard to know how big of a group to expect if one were to stumble upon their annual summer Picnic In The Pine Barrens some day.

In the meantime, I hope a few of the quiet readers here have the curiosity necessary to learn more about how the world of probability works by taking the recommendation here.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174 

--Jimmy4164

What a convoluted and messy post............. What are the "Pine Barrens"?????

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                              Whiskey Island
                              United States
                              Member #90216
                              April 24, 2010
                              12732 Posts
                              Posted: January 8, 2013, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

With my system , I was able to narrow down 1 line with 1 mm ball for tonights game . Will see in the next few hours hows its pans out !!

Good Luck to Everyone on Tonights Game !!!!

CW4

Page 227 of 353