Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 241 of 353
PrintE-mailLink
Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
New Jersey
United States
Member #99032
October 18, 2010
1439 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Even though this is not about "me" getting better odds........ I can claim it because it was achieved in a 39 draw trial.

So in your mind, If I win a coinflip, as an equivalent example, I can say my odds were 100% since it was achieved in 1 trial?

Or if I win a roulette bet before 38 spins, I have better odds?

Clearly you can see that that is flawed, and does not correspond with reality.  You are free to have any opinion you want.  That doesn't mean your opinion will be right.  And when you start formulating opinions about facts, they should probabiliy not dispute those very same facts.

New Jersey
    United States
    Member #99032
    October 18, 2010
    1439 Posts
    Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Well I cant really do the simple math to explain the force of gravity.

But that doesn't keep it from holding me down, or refuting the existence thereof.

A better analogy would be "I can't do the math to explain gravity, so I don't attempt to disprove it."

Which is the opposite of Ronnie saying, "I don't understand basic math, but it's undisputable fact that my picks have better odds."

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

What you don't seem realize is that some people are not afraid, or embarrassed, or self conscience, or worried, or intimidated, about being wrong or making mistakes. 

In fact.... being wrong and making mistakes is A REQUIREMENT for those who choose to look for way to solve the "unsolvable" or do something that has never been done before................."

The way you guys act you'd would think that cars, and planes, and computers, and the 5 minute mile have all been around from the beginning of mans existence here on earth..........

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

A better analogy would be "I can't do the math to explain gravity, so I don't attempt to disprove it."

Which is the opposite of Ronnie saying, "I don't understand basic math, but it's undisputable fact that my picks have better odds."

Again boney, this is a discussion forum..... NOT a school lesson that YOU teach.......

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

So in your mind, If I win a coinflip, as an equivalent example, I can say my odds were 100% since it was achieved in 1 trial?

Or if I win a roulette bet before 38 spins, I have better odds?

Clearly you can see that that is flawed, and does not correspond with reality.  You are free to have any opinion you want.  That doesn't mean your opinion will be right.  And when you start formulating opinions about facts, they should probabiliy not dispute those very same facts.

Well, being creative, inspiring new ideas, and finding new ways of seeing things has to start somewhere.

New Jersey
            United States
            Member #99032
            October 18, 2010
            1439 Posts
            Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

No, but when there are mountains of evidence stacked against you, and virtually none with you, then you can safely assume that you are wrong, and should stop putting good money after bad.

What you seem to ignore is that when something has been proved in theory and implemented without chunks missing by millions of people over hundreds of years, it is sound and is, as Jimmy put it, a non starter.

It's like saying that 1+1 is not 2.  There are some things that are only somewhat true (think Newtonian physics) and can be improved upon, and there are those which can't.  1+1 will always equal 2.  Similarly, I'm positive that probability theory will remain sound forever.  There simply is no more significant addition to make to it.  The same theories have held solidily for so long, and have worked in every practical manner that the only possible additions will deal with the quantum world, far too out of touch with our reality to affect us directly.  At least in the context of gambling.

You keep likening it to the Wright Brothers.  But in the Wright Brothers time, there may have been more people who didn't believe flight was possible.  But a pretty significant chunk of researchers disagreed, and thought it was possible.  The math and the science showed that even if it would be hard, it was very likely that we could figure it out.  In these cases it takes a small minority, similar to people like you with the Lottery.  The difference is, those people who come up with great additions to science, math and the world have a thorough understanding of the subjects at hand.  Otherwise, they couldn't be useful.

I'm not telling you you are wasting your time.  It's a waste of time if you view this as a serious monetary endevour, and I'm advising you that it's more likely to fail than to succeed.  If it's actually entertaining enough to be worth the money, then it's fine.  Either way it's a bad investment, so you shouldn't view it as such.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Im NOT EVEN going to bother reading your lengthy statement Boney. Your nothing more than a wet blanket.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3962 Posts
                Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

You don't have to worry about many players using RL's glorified RNG, just the players in his pool use it.  He's no longer posting information about it for the general public to read.

RJOh

Which glorified RNG are you talking about, I don't remember putting a RNG up for download.  Everything needed

to use the software is in the post.  I remember another member that posted a so called system and after a time

figured he had covered everything.  I don't remember anyone hitting a JP using it.   DMP was downloaded around

4000 times overall and I get emails all the time asking how to do something.  Even after I was accused of adding

spyware which was totally false, it was downloaded around 100 times that week.   The thing that surprised me the

most was the number of downloads outside the US.   I have made friends in several countries and I could tour Europe

and never have to stay at a hotel, priceless.  My software uses a full matrix generator not a RNG, I think I told you of

the pitfalls of using a RNG to select numbers.  It's possible that you might have to generate 2 or more times the total

sets in the entire universe before every set is generated, this is something my line generator does not suffer from. 

Sorry your system is not doing so well but if belittling mine make you feel better then go for it. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #99032
                  October 18, 2010
                  1439 Posts
                  Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Again boney, this is a discussion forum..... NOT a school lesson that YOU teach.......

Would you prefer your discussions be intelectual, or filled with nonsense?

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to have a conversation that wasn't filled with BS, and I'd rather have a conversation based on reality.

Whether that be about lottery, or other matters, I don't like to have dumb converstaions.  Forgive me for using mathemetical concepts in a conversation about odds, I guess your goal was to monopolize the conversation and be praised universally.  Unfortunately for you, that's not going to occur.

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

I take it back.... lol. lol. lol. I read up to "mountains of evidence stacked against you" 

As I said, your nothing more than a wet blanket......

New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #99032
                      October 18, 2010
                      1439 Posts
                      Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Im NOT EVEN going to bother reading your lengthy statement Boney. Your nothing more than a wet blanket.

I love your logic.

"This is a discussion!  If you have a point to make, make it short, and make sure it doesn't use logic.  In fact, if you don't think I'm better at this than everyone else, just stay out.  This is a discussion, not a smart people place!  If you think that my impossible antics aren't real, go to school.  My mind wasn't built for thinking, so everyone with a brain get out!"

Good luck, bro.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

There is nothing nonsensical about being creative boney......

New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #99032
                          October 18, 2010
                          1439 Posts
                          Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

There is plenty nonsenical about making claims with no evidence, and then telling people who prove you wrong that that's not how your brain is wired.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

It was Mediabrat who inspired me to look for a way to simulate a 5+1 win without taking 9.6 years to do it...

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

I was talking about lenthy posts and replies when I mention my brain NOT being wired for that......

Page 241 of 353