Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 244 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: January 17, 2013, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Got a fresh set of tix. Sorry you can't play boney.........

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: January 17, 2013, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: January 17, 2013, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

A sure fire way to increase your odds of winning would be to free up some of the hours you currently spend pondering your selections and spend them on a part time job, using all the money earned to buy  MORE TICKETS like those above.  Not only Boney, Mediabrat, and myself will agree that you are increasing your odds of winning something, but every mathematician in the world as well!

I get BETTER ODDS than you when I buy ONE ticket..................

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: January 17, 2013, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I thought mathematical acceptance was when we first understood 5 of something is more than 1 of something; like 5 pennies are more than one penny and any 5-year-old that understands it, is generally accepted. Calculating the probability of any group of 28 numbers having a five number match is a little more complex math, but the results show there should be 1 five number match in the next 39 outcomes.

You ran a test using a group of 28 numbers and had 5 five number matches in less than 39 drawings and I understood that 28 numbers is more than 25 numbers and knew that 25 or less numbers are drawn in five consecutive matches. So there are thousands of groups of 28 numbers that will match 5 numbers every five consecutive drawings.  If my mathematical argument still doesn't prove it to them, your use of specific groups of 28 before the drawings should.

If Jimmy and others still can't believe some number combinations do get better odds, they can ask a 5-year-old why 5 pennies is more then 1 penny.

Yeah, like when our 98,820 lines proved to be 10 times BETTER than mediabrats 175,000 lines.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: January 17, 2013, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Run a Monte Carlo simulation based on 50,000 $1 QP players playing you mythical game every day for five years and give a detailed report; maybe that will empress someone.

I don't think JimmyApril1,1964 wants to DO anything. He just wants to make up stuff for other people to do.

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: January 17, 2013, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

You seem to be forgetting that statiscal analysis requires far more work than you're pointing out.  FAR more.  In fact your argument is inherently fallicious, in that you are comparing two entirely different branches of mathemtics, as if they're exactly the same concept.  They aren't even close.  Arithmetic and Statistics are just far too differnt to be compared in that manner.

Of course it's convenient for people to just over simplify things like you just did, to the point where they aren't even using the right math, but that doesn't make it correct.

Igorance is bliss, isn't it?

C'mon boney, your back to the "ignorance" theme? Just because we dont agree dosnt mean were ignorant.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: January 17, 2013, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Yes, the address is JimmyApril1.1964.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/255566/2882656

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: January 17, 2013, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: January 17, 2013, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy was here......................................................Agree with stupid

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: January 17, 2013, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy was here................................................Agree with stupid

United States
                      Member #93947
                      July 10, 2010
                      2180 Posts
                      Posted: January 17, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Run a Monte Carlo simulation based on 50,000 $1 QP players playing you mythical game every day for five years and give a detailed report; maybe that will empress someone.

When unable to answer a simple, straightforward, yet difficult question, an honorable person would admit to their inability.

If your goal [or assignment] here is to wear down people like me who want to shed light on truth, you may soon succeed unless a few of the many viewers of this thread at least express an interest in knowing the truth.

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/255566/2882656

--Jimmy4164

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7344 Posts
                        Posted: January 17, 2013, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

When unable to answer a simple, straightforward, yet difficult question, an honorable person would admit to their inability.

If your goal [or assignment] here is to wear down people like me who want to shed light on truth, you may soon succeed unless a few of the many viewers of this thread at least express an interest in knowing the truth.

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/255566/2882656

--Jimmy4164

Why do you want me to answer a question about a game that pays 75 cents on a $3 "match any number" bet when I can get 50 bucks doing the same thing playing any pick-3 game?

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7344 Posts
                          Posted: January 17, 2013, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Stack for trying to stay on topic in spite of all the disruptive posts of boney and jim.

It occurs to me that the 5 times BETTER ODDS I achieved in the 39 draw trial DID NOT include hitting the bonus number on one of those 5 of 5's which adds the 1 in 46 element to those odds........

What are the odds? lol.

The odds are 45 to 1.

Most of our math "gurus" don't really understand gambling and they figure odds as chances to win compared to the total possibilities. The same gurus will say the odds are 46 to 1, but then quote Roulette odds as 37 to 1 because they read it somewhere.

The probability of 25 numbers having a five number match is 71 to 1, yet in every drawing several thousand groups of 25 numbers will have five consecutive five number matches.

I'm pretty sure that getting 14.2 to 1 odds against is better than 71 to 1 odds against, "but it's impossible for any group of numbers to get better odds".

Wink

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                            Member #133462
                            September 30, 2012
                            5946 Posts
                            Posted: January 17, 2013, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

I find it interesting that line D on both tickets repeat one of the white ball numbers as the bonus ball number. Just a coincidence I'm sure...

"Everything works  ONCE!"

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                              u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19964 Posts
                              Posted: January 17, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy was here................................................Agree with stupid

Green laughOMG! should'nt be wheres Jimmy ( he gone )

Let it Snow Snowman

Page 244 of 353