Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 246 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: January 18, 2013, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

Not that it means anything, but with the lottery I've been playing on a regular basis, I've noticed that if I add the numbers together , the next draw numbers will many times will have that number or the number will part of a number...Take for instance, 23  2+3= 5

Many times the next draw will contain the number 5 in some way....5, 15, 25, 35....

Not ALWAYS, but a lot of times....

And/Or times when the next numbers drawn will total the "5"...for instance: 32 (3+2) or 27 (7 MINUS 2)....

just sharing part of "my" strategy with ya...maybe someone else can share any observations they've noticed as well....

I'm just joking around, but it sounds like the movie where Jim Carry made all numbers that he saw add up to The Number 23...... lol. lol. In the end he was either already insane or went insane.... lol. lol.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: January 18, 2013, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

When unable to answer a simple, straightforward, yet difficult question, an honorable person would admit to their inability.

If your goal [or assignment] here is to wear down people like me who want to shed light on truth, you may soon succeed unless a few of the many viewers of this thread at least express an interest in knowing the truth.

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/255566/2882656

--Jimmy4164

Honestly Jimmy, I don't have a problem with MOST of the truths you share. The problem is in the fact that here on this thread we are interested in discovery of new and innovative ways of looking at the odds and TRYING to win 5+1 on purpose in spite of the odds arrayed against us. 

Everyone understands that you do not believe that is possible but none the less thats what we're doing here.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: January 18, 2013, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

I think the lotteries know that playing a large "group" of lines would give a player BETTER ODDS than what the general public can get a therefore created rules against mechanically generated play slips.

It would also be a good reason to "assign" a troll like Jimmy here to disrupt the discovery process.

Columbia, SC
        United States
        Member #135285
        November 21, 2012
        584 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2013, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

I'm just joking around, but it sounds like the movie where Jim Carry made all numbers that he saw add up to The Number 23...... lol. lol. In the end he was either already insane or went insane.... lol. lol.

Haha Ronnie...You have a point and I've pondered these thoughts myself....(the insane part, not the trying to make all the numbers add up to 23) lol.

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: January 18, 2013, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Set of 28 for MM. Fri. Jan. 18, 2013.

01 02 03 04 06 07 10 11 13 18 20 21 23 24 25 28 29 30 32 34 38 40 41 42 44 48 55 56

bonus ball 10

NASHVILLE, TENN
            United States
            Member #33372
            February 20, 2006
            1044 Posts
            Posted: January 18, 2013, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Honestly Jimmy, I don't have a problem with MOST of the truths you share. The problem is in the fact that here on this thread we are interested in discovery of new and innovative ways of looking at the odds and TRYING to win 5+1 on purpose in spite of the odds arrayed against us. 

Everyone understands that you do not believe that is possible but none the less thats what we're doing here.

I am with you on this.  The only way to make any lotto game profitable is by reducing the number pool.  Your efforts to accomplish this are to be commended.  More of us should think this way.

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: January 19, 2013, 2:26 am - IP Logged

Your writing style and grammar in this post are quite an improvement over your typical efforts.  It reminds me of how RL-RANDOMLOGIC occasionally produces an outlier.  Maybe you learned his secret. Smile

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: January 19, 2013, 2:47 am - IP Logged

I think the lotteries know that playing a large "group" of lines would give a player BETTER ODDS than what the general public can get a therefore created rules against mechanically generated play slips.

It would also be a good reason to "assign" a troll like Jimmy here to disrupt the discovery process.

The ODDS of a game are a function of the rules of the game, and don't change unless the rules change.  When you buy more tickets, the ODDS also stay the same, because the rules did not change.   IF you divide your [actual or expected] winnings by the amount you pay for your tickets, you'll see what I mean.

If you really believe the lottery commissions would find it necessary to send people to "disrupt" your ability to "discover" ways to win "on purpose," then you have a bigger problem than I originally thought.

Looking over your posts made during the many hours you have here without "disruption" I get impatient waiting for you and/or Stack47 to show us how to choose one of the CORRECT subsets of 28 numbers in the Megamillions game. 

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: January 19, 2013, 10:24 am - IP Logged

The ODDS of a game are a function of the rules of the game, and don't change unless the rules change.  When you buy more tickets, the ODDS also stay the same, because the rules did not change.   IF you divide your [actual or expected] winnings by the amount you pay for your tickets, you'll see what I mean.

If you really believe the lottery commissions would find it necessary to send people to "disrupt" your ability to "discover" ways to win "on purpose," then you have a bigger problem than I originally thought.

Looking over your posts made during the many hours you have here without "disruption" I get impatient waiting for you and/or Stack47 to show us how to choose one of the CORRECT subsets of 28 numbers in the Megamillions game. 

You should have said....................

The "overall" ODDS of a game are a function of the rules of the game

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: January 19, 2013, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Even the states calls them "overall odds" on their play slips.

Everyone clearly understands your point and not too many people are interested in why they cant win.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: January 19, 2013, 11:10 am - IP Logged

That's the same "show me how to win" attitude that mediabrat has. You refuse to even try to choose winning numbers and them try to stop people who are ALREADY choosing winning numbers. 

Try choosing for yourself Jimmy. Intuition is NOT that hard to use and everyone (at least most everyone) has it to SOME degree.I have used all even, all odd, consecutives, recently drawn and there are a host of others you can choose from. And if your timing is even slightly good you will be playing with BETTER ODDS.

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #99032
                        October 18, 2010
                        1439 Posts
                        Posted: January 19, 2013, 11:16 am - IP Logged

You should have said....................

The "overall" ODDS of a game are a function of the rules of the game

LOL.

I just gotta laugh at the lengths you go to to protect your skewed image of the lottery.

(They call them "overall" because they're giving you an overview of the many different ways you you can win.  That's why, if you look at Mega Millions as an example, the odds of each prize is given, and on the bottom it says "overall odds are about 1 in 40" which means if you add the probabilities of winning ANY prize, then it's about 1 in 40 tickets wins something)

In other words, they call it "overall" because they are adding the probabilities of each prize together.  That makes the word "overall" correct in this context if you are saying that the odds are constant.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: January 19, 2013, 11:25 am - IP Logged

LOL.

I just gotta laugh at the lengths you go to to protect your skewed image of the lottery.

(They call them "overall" because they're giving you an overview of the many different ways you you can win.  That's why, if you look at Mega Millions as an example, the odds of each prize is given, and on the bottom it says "overall odds are about 1 in 40" which means if you add the probabilities of winning ANY prize, then it's about 1 in 40 tickets wins something)

In other words, they call it "overall" because they are adding the probabilities of each prize together.  That makes the word "overall" correct in this context if you are saying that the odds are constant.

Now there is an opinion that I can even agree with. Nice work Boney. lol. lol.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: January 19, 2013, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Set of 28 for MM. Fri. Jan. 18, 2013.

01 02 03 04 06 07 10 11 13 18 20 21 23 24 25 28 29 30 32 34 38 40 41 42 44 48 55 56

bonus ball 10

3 of 5 of this draw......

Friday, January 18, 2013          08 · 18 · 25 · 42 · 49    143$70 Million

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: January 19, 2013, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Boney hit 3 of 5 as well.

Page 246 of 353