Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 313 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I realize RJOH was presenting some interesting history.
I doubt any visitors here actually played the combinations, although you never know!

Seems everything said here is taken as a 'personal attack!'

I don't play the jackpot games that often, but when I do, I usually choose 8 to 10 numbers, depending on
which Decade structure I choose to use as a base foundation.

I have a paper and pen workout with tracking charts that are unique.
I evaluate lottery history in small pieces, as opposed to looking at a really big picture - like most players.

If I ever took the time to generate 28 numbers, I would be reluctant to post them - for fear some
unsuspecting visitor might use them and possibly lose money.

I swear, I don't know why I jumped in!

Have a good day!

No offence was taken bobby623, I was just pointing out that RJOh (and others) don't typically play hypothetical number sets like some of us others do. I respect the fact that they don't for whatever reason. 

I dodnt worry about posting my 28 numbers because everyone here knows that the "overall odds" of a 5 of 5 match playing a full 5 if 5 of 28 wheel (98,980 lines) is around 1 in 39.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

I will avoid the lottery insanity. I will buy a lottery ticket today.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

United States
        Member #93947
        July 10, 2010
        2180 Posts
        Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

I doubt any visitors here actually played the combinations, although you never know!

I don't play the jackpot games that often, but when I do, I usually choose 8 to 10 numbers, depending on

I evaluate lottery history in small pieces, as opposed to looking at a really big picture - like most players.

If I ever took the time to generate 28 numbers, I would be reluctant to post them - for fear some

Have a good day!

"If I ever took the time to generate 28 numbers, I would be reluctant to post them - for fear some unsuspecting visitor might use them and possibly lose money."

You have no reason to be concerned about that Bobby623.

What you should be concerned about is the time you might spend generating the 28 numbers.  If you've been following this thread recently, you should have noticed that RJOh found that the set [1..28] performed comparably to thousands of random sets that I generated over 798 draws.  If he was not reticent to do it, you would also see that the actual 798 draws he has would do approximately as well with the sets [29..56], [28 ODDS], and [[28 EVENS].  And if he REALLY wanted to reveal the truth, he would write code to generate a unique set of 28 for each draw based on the [in]frequency counts of previous draws.

Apparently, nobody is curious about what might be revealed by this.

--Jimmy4164

P.S. I find it amusing that some people here believe so strongly in their fallacies that they cannot conceive of the possibility that more than a small handful of people could hold an opposing view.  Witness the below. Smile

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

• You have chosen to hide this message posted by  jimmy4164.

Thanks for the post jimmy....... Or is it Marc?

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: February 20, 2013, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Sleep

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5591 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Have a good day!

Hey bobby, don't look at it as an attack, I didn't read it that way. Actually, I checked this morning and saw the same thing you did. I would think (maybe wrongly) that out of those 28 numbers it would be a rare occurance to have none show in a draw like last night. But, in lottery, anything can and at some point in time will happen.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5591 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Good luck Ronnie!

I hope one of us wins.

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                  Park City, UT
                  United States
                  Member #69864
                  January 18, 2009
                  993 Posts
                  Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Description:  Minimum 4-number match, if 4 numbers drawn fall within your set of 8 numbers.

Input:  4, 8, 36, 40, 46, 47, 51, 56

We hit 1 of 5 on this set. Does this mean they are still in play for Fri?

These numbers were for February only so its down to 7 numbers which fully wheeled is 21 combinations.

04-08-36-40-46-47-51

Jimmy

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                    San Angelo, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #1097
                    January 31, 2003
                    1394 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2013, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

These numbers were for February only so its down to 7 numbers which fully wheeled is 21 combinations.

04-08-36-40-46-47-51

Jimmy

Winning numbers are 3.17.19.25.32+17

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5591 Posts
                      Posted: February 20, 2013, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

I just bought my Texas 2 Step, MM, PB, and Texas Lotto tickets yesterday for the first half of the week. I almost always pick my own numbers but this time I wanted to take a break so I just got all QP's.

Kinda interesting that most of them are not weird, 1-2-3-4-5-6, etc, but, on my Lotto tic, the numbers are over 6 decades. A single, a teen, a 20's, 30's 40's and a 50's. Personally, I would never pick 6 numbers over 6 decades for this game, because numbers like that are draw maybe once or twice a year. So, yes it is entirely possible it can happen, and it will happen sometime, it's just numbers over 4 decades are drawn the majority of the time. 

RJoH said it best some time ago, "What happens most often is most likely to happen again".

Well I had to laugh at tonight's Texas Lotto draw. For the first time in over a year 6 decades of numbers were drawn. Which is what my QP was. That's the good news. The bad news is that they don't pay out for having the right decades. LOL.

Try again Saturday.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19821 Posts
                        Posted: February 21, 2013, 2:12 am - IP Logged

"If I ever took the time to generate 28 numbers, I would be reluctant to post them - for fear some unsuspecting visitor might use them and possibly lose money."

You have no reason to be concerned about that Bobby623.

What you should be concerned about is the time you might spend generating the 28 numbers.  If you've been following this thread recently, you should have noticed that RJOh found that the set [1..28] performed comparably to thousands of random sets that I generated over 798 draws.  If he was not reticent to do it, you would also see that the actual 798 draws he has would do approximately as well with the sets [29..56], [28 ODDS], and [[28 EVENS].  And if he REALLY wanted to reveal the truth, he would write code to generate a unique set of 28 for each draw based on the [in]frequency counts of previous draws.

--Jimmy4164

P.S. I find it amusing that some people here believe so strongly in their fallacies that they cannot conceive of the possibility that more than a small handful of people could hold an opposing view.  Witness the below. Smile

Yes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodI Agree!Yes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes Nod

If they were, they would spend some time looking for the answer.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                          San Angelo, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #1097
                          January 31, 2003
                          1394 Posts
                          Posted: February 21, 2013, 7:18 am - IP Logged

Well I had to laugh at tonight's Texas Lotto draw. For the first time in over a year 6 decades of numbers were drawn. Which is what my QP was. That's the good news. The bad news is that they don't pay out for having the right decades. LOL.

Try again Saturday.

The "QP" strikes again!!

The ticket was sold in Fort Worth.

Good luck next Saturday!

United States
                            Member #93947
                            July 10, 2010
                            2180 Posts
                            Posted: February 21, 2013, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

Yes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodI Agree!Yes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes NodYes Nod

If they were, they would spend some time looking for the answer.

Actually, I don't think it's a lack of curiosity - there seems to be plenty of that here.  I think they've either checked it out and are ASHAMED to admit it's a waste of time to search for subsets of 28 numbers to choose 5 from, or they are AFRAID of what they might discover and put their heads in the sand.

Perhaps it's better that you don't post the results.  It would be much more compelling for most Viewers if one of the principal proponents of the idea would do the tests and have the courage to admit they were wrong.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7298 Posts
                              Posted: February 21, 2013, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

• You have chosen to hide this message posted by  jimmy4164.

Thanks for the post jimmy....... Or is it Marc?

When kids "choose up sides" to play baseball, basketball, or football there is an obvious reason why one of the kids is always the last one chosen. It might take a year or two to understand why, but usually when they reach junior high, the light bulb comes on in their head.

Apparently on this thread, someone light bulb is still in the "off" position.

Page 313 of 353