Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 123 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #149492
December 2, 2013
919 Posts
Posted: June 12, 2014, 11:55 am - IP Logged

The new $20 game Million $$ Match is coming out with the batch in July along with another Tripling Crossword and two others.  A regular poster on Facebook posted a photo of the new games from some CA Lottery literature or advertisement.

Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #149492
    December 2, 2013
    919 Posts
    Posted: June 12, 2014, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

Yes, they are worried about colors and themes . They seem to have missed that players want different games. Haven't bought any scratchers and it feels good.

I can't wait to see how the Wheel of Fortune tickets are. I love the Wheel of Fortune slot machines. Maybe they can create a second chance or special drawing for it using the Bonus Round theme.

Yeah, I agree.  I see some interesting Scratcher game formats from other states.  It'll be nice for them to mix it up a bit.

I realize the Wheel of Fortune is the same numbers match game with a 2nd chance twist, but I'm kinda looking forward to that series.  Smile

The July batch is more of the same - numbers match, bingo, and crossword...

Pasadena, CA
      United States
      Member #153326
      March 13, 2014
      186 Posts
      Posted: June 12, 2014, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

The new $20 game Million $$ Match is coming out with the batch in July along with another Tripling Crossword and two others.  A regular poster on Facebook posted a photo of the new games from some CA Lottery literature or advertisement.

I remember seeing the prototype for the Million $$ Match a few months ago in that player survey; I hope the pay table is better. None of these BS "Free ticket" and $20 breakeven winners like on the 5MJP. 

As far as the other games...jeez. What another "Tripling Crossword" except that the ticket will be blue or something? There's been an incarnation of this game in different colors for at least four years now.

United States
        Member #147165
        September 24, 2013
        507 Posts
        Posted: June 12, 2014, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Awesome. I just saw the screenshot too. I hope there are more variety of lower tier prizes.

United States
          Member #147165
          September 24, 2013
          507 Posts
          Posted: June 12, 2014, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I remember seeing the prototype for the Million $$ Match a few months ago in that player survey; I hope the pay table is better. None of these BS "Free ticket" and $20 breakeven winners like on the 5MJP. 

As far as the other games...jeez. What another "Tripling Crossword" except that the ticket will be blue or something? There's been an incarnation of this game in different colors for at least four years now.

Same here. We will have to wait until the 23rd next month to find out the payout. This month's product plan that was shown on the screenshot probably covers the payout of the wheel of fortune games.

I would say I've seen Tripling Crosswords for 8 years now, probably every color you could think of there is a game, including pink, orange, and magenta.

United States
            Member #154794
            April 29, 2014
            60 Posts
            Posted: June 12, 2014, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

I agree the $20 prototype ticket looked great. I wish the $20 tickets wouldn't have free tickets. I had the worst luck with 5MJP.

Can they give the crosswords a break for a while. I think we have too many just like the lucky 777s. I can't wait until next month. More low end prizes sounds great. I believe everyone should win a little something once in a while.

United States
              Member #147165
              September 24, 2013
              507 Posts
              Posted: June 12, 2014, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

I agree the $20 prototype ticket looked great. I wish the $20 tickets wouldn't have free tickets. I had the worst luck with 5MJP.

Can they give the crosswords a break for a while. I think we have too many just like the lucky 777s. I can't wait until next month. More low end prizes sounds great. I believe everyone should win a little something once in a while.

With regards to FREE ticekts, the vast majority of the games have it. This was one of the few games that has a break even prize, and the combination for both were outrageous for 5M JP. When there is just an average of 1 $25, $50, or $100 win per 30 ticket rolls. It makes it harder to maintain a bankroll to buy more tickets, so its the most volatile game I've ever seen.

Bay Area, CA
                United States
                Member #155944
                June 3, 2014
                23 Posts
                Posted: June 12, 2014, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

With regards to FREE ticekts, the vast majority of the games have it. This was one of the few games that has a break even prize, and the combination for both were outrageous for 5M JP. When there is just an average of 1 $25, $50, or $100 win per 30 ticket rolls. It makes it harder to maintain a bankroll to buy more tickets, so its the most volatile game I've ever seen.

Not to mention the fairly consistent 4-5 losers in a row as well as 6-8 losers in a row on 5MJ. I have a spreadsheet of all my losers. Here is a list of how many losers in a row I have encountered so far. Needless to say, I've played 5MJ a lot without much to show for it. Just to give you an idea of my "sample" size, I have more than 500 losers.

5MJ Losers in a row encountered

3 losers in a row: 25 times

4 losers in a row: 11 times

5 losers in a row: 9 times

6 losers in a row: 2 times

7 losers in a row: 1 time

8 losers in a row: 1 time

The 7 in a row was ticket 18 to 25. Ticket 26 was a free ticket, 27 was a loser, 28 was a break even, and 29 was a loser.

The 8 in a row was ticket 11 to 20. That same pack also had 5 losers in a row ticket numbers 2 to 6. I don't know what was on 7 to 10. Maybe a nice win cluster but who knows.

United States
                  Member #147165
                  September 24, 2013
                  507 Posts
                  Posted: June 13, 2014, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Not to mention the fairly consistent 4-5 losers in a row as well as 6-8 losers in a row on 5MJ. I have a spreadsheet of all my losers. Here is a list of how many losers in a row I have encountered so far. Needless to say, I've played 5MJ a lot without much to show for it. Just to give you an idea of my "sample" size, I have more than 500 losers.

5MJ Losers in a row encountered

3 losers in a row: 25 times

4 losers in a row: 11 times

5 losers in a row: 9 times

6 losers in a row: 2 times

7 losers in a row: 1 time

8 losers in a row: 1 time

The 7 in a row was ticket 18 to 25. Ticket 26 was a free ticket, 27 was a loser, 28 was a break even, and 29 was a loser.

The 8 in a row was ticket 11 to 20. That same pack also had 5 losers in a row ticket numbers 2 to 6. I don't know what was on 7 to 10. Maybe a nice win cluster but who knows.

Despite the painful experiences with those losses, thanks for sharing as you've played a much larger sample than I have. I did not want to share that I bought 5 of those 5MJP tickets last week thinking my luck would change but I lost on all of them. Tickets 9 - 13. I kept track of my playing stats when I joined this forum, and I've once lost 6 in a row in that game when I bought 10 tickets. Now my ROI is now under 50%, Normally $1000 bankroll can last 4 months of weekly ten ticket play for $5 and $10 games, but this one just lasted 1 1/2 months.

I have won $100 on $5 games at 1 in 400 odds a good amount of times, but I never got the $500 prize at 1 in 420 odds, the volatility prevents me from playing enough to experience that win.

LA CA
                    United States
                    Member #118691
                    November 6, 2011
                    416 Posts
                    Posted: June 14, 2014, 2:53 am - IP Logged

Got 5 $10 Golds from 3 different places and all I won was a ticket on one of them... $40 lost :-(

California
                      United States
                      Member #147209
                      September 25, 2013
                      90 Posts
                      Posted: June 16, 2014, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Got another $100 winner on $10 LGL.  Money Bag

Ticket #1180620-040

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
                        Costa Mesa
                        United States
                        Member #150634
                        December 27, 2013
                        157 Posts
                        Posted: June 16, 2014, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Got another $100 winner on $10 LGL.  Money Bag

Ticket #1180620-040

Keep it up OCScratchdevil.  Congrats on the $100 W.

Costa Mesa
                          United States
                          Member #150634
                          December 27, 2013
                          157 Posts
                          Posted: June 16, 2014, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

Not too excited about the Wheel of Fortune 2nd Chance Bonus Draw.  Win a Wheel of Fortune Hollywood Audition Trip?  Sounds like winning a potted plant.

Regarding the  new $20 Million Dollar Match, has anyone seen the odds and available prizes sheet on it?

Costa Mesa
                            United States
                            Member #150634
                            December 27, 2013
                            157 Posts
                            Posted: June 16, 2014, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

Not too excited about the Wheel of Fortune 2nd Chance Bonus Draw.  Win a Wheel of Fortune Hollywood Audition Trip?  Sounds like winning a potted plant.

Regarding the  new $20 Million Dollar Match, has anyone seen the odds and available prizes sheet on it?

Found a $20 Million $$ Match on the Pennsylvania Lottery website.  Wondering if the game & odds will be somewhat the same in CA.

PA Million $$ Match Odds PDF

They show odds & consolidated odds, whatever that is.

Los Angeles, California
                              United States
                              Member #149492
                              December 2, 2013
                              919 Posts
                              Posted: June 16, 2014, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Found a $20 Million $$ Match on the Pennsylvania Lottery website.  Wondering if the game & odds will be somewhat the same in CA.

PA Million $$ Match Odds PDF

They show odds & consolidated odds, whatever that is.

Hopefully, our overall odds are going to be better than 1 in 3.22 though their odds for a top prize win is better than our $20 game.  I like how they itemize the different prize scenarios for each dollar amount.

Page 123 of 182