Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 2:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 21 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
coolac5's avatar - 1 Million-Fortune_event_page.jpg
Oakland, CA
United States
Member #138260
January 23, 2013
42 Posts
Posted: April 28, 2013, 1:51 am - IP Logged

Picked up a 55 Fortune and a TC from a corner store in Oakland:

55 Fortune #14 0

TC #4 0

CA
    United States
    Member #141455
    April 14, 2013
    182 Posts
    Posted: April 28, 2013, 6:45 am - IP Logged

I finally found me some fortune 55 and some fortune with it *^^*

I went to my favorite chervon which has the scratchers vending machine...

bought 4 and guess what ... they were the exact same numbers as the ones Jon D posted ...

i was excited !!!! Got two TICKETs ... T.T

But thanks to Jon D ... (i love you !!! lol) ... i would never have bought this ticket because i had just won $6 on the previous one ...

but following your post and that fortune 55's are clumped i bought the next two ... and the exact next one !!!

the first number matched ... i was like dang another ticket until i scratched the prize ... it was $50 !!!!

my new high for $5 scratchers !!! woot !

$20 - 5 Million Jackpot $100 (#23) $50 (#29)
    $10 - Cali Gold $500 (#45) // Lucky for Life $50 // Diamond Million $50 (#18) // 20X Crosswords $100 (#32,#24,#14) $75 (#13)
    $05 - Lucky for Life $40 // Fortune 55 $50 // WinItAll $500 // MegaXWord $100
    $03 - 10x The Money $100 (#63) $50 (#58) || $02 - Season's Gold $100

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #103813
      January 5, 2011
      1530 Posts
      Posted: April 28, 2013, 9:43 am - IP Logged

I finally found me some fortune 55 and some fortune with it *^^*

I went to my favorite chervon which has the scratchers vending machine...

bought 4 and guess what ... they were the exact same numbers as the ones Jon D posted ...

i was excited !!!! Got two TICKETs ... T.T

But thanks to Jon D ... (i love you !!! lol) ... i would never have bought this ticket because i had just won $6 on the previous one ...

but following your post and that fortune 55's are clumped i bought the next two ... and the exact next one !!!

the first number matched ... i was like dang another ticket until i scratched the prize ... it was $50 !!!!

my new high for $5 scratchers !!! woot !

Congrats on hitting a new high with your $50 win! Good work!

See, that's why I say that chasing wins ain't always superior to buying bunches at a time. If you chase a win then stop, you could miss a bigger win a ticket or two away. It all kinda evens out.

I'm not sure if Fortune 55 is a "clumpy" game yet, only just started playing so I don't have a lot of stats on it. But if it is clumpy, that may benefit those buying bunches, but not as good for win chasers. Either way, always be on the lookout for long strings of losers, and most hits will still be singles, not sequential hits.

Oakland, CA
        United States
        Member #138260
        January 23, 2013
        42 Posts
        Posted: April 29, 2013, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Picked up 4 55's; two from a retailer in Oakland; two from a machine in San Bruno:

#46, #45      0      0

#34, #33      0       0

Not a good day!  And that makes me 0 - 5, if you include the single ticket purchased over the weekend, to start my Fortune 55 experience.

Northern California
          United States
          Member #141976
          April 29, 2013
          23 Posts
          Posted: April 29, 2013, 2:10 am - IP Logged

First post!!!

I've been lurking for a while, and I can't tell you how great it is to have a forum dedicated to the lottery.

So, here it goes:

Went to a 7-11 tonight and bought

2X Lucky for Life (2$)-One free ticket, one loser

2X Diamond Dollars (3$)- One free ticket, one loser

4X Cherry Twist (2$)- One free ticket, three losers

Oh well.  The other night I bought 2 lucky for life 2 buck tickets and won consecutive back to back tickets, one 20 and one 5.  19 dollar return, not bad for a 2 dollar ticket.  But this is after playing them for a long time and only getting 5 back here, free ticket there, etc.

I play 2-4 times a week so I will keep all of you updated!  And good luck!  I'm hoping to find some of those new fortune 55 tickets asap.

CA
            United States
            Member #141455
            April 14, 2013
            182 Posts
            Posted: April 29, 2013, 3:46 am - IP Logged

drew87 hello and good luck ...

$10 - Cali Gold $500 (#45) // Lucky for Life $50 // Diamond Million $50 (#18) // 20X Crosswords $100 (#32,#24,#14) $75 (#13)

Northern California
              United States
              Member #141976
              April 29, 2013
              23 Posts
              Posted: April 29, 2013, 4:34 am - IP Logged

Thanks Suldor!

I've been looking up all of the information on this website and I have learned a lot. 

Anyone have any advice for me?  I like to spend about 20 bucks per visit to a store now and days.   I tend to buy the $2, $3 and $5 scratchers most often. I almost never buy 1 or 10 dollar tickets.  But after reading a bunch of posts on this website, I think i'm going to focus more on the $3 and $5 scratchers and less on the $2 tickets for a chance of a higher payout.

So, if i bring 20 bucks in to a store:  Should I buy 4 of the same $5 ticket?  Or five $3 tickets and one $5?  What's the best method, what's worked for you?  I pretty much buy my tickets from one or two liquor stores and i'm thinking they may not be the best to play at.  Whenever I go somewhere else I seem to get higher payouts. 

So i've been thinking about changing things up a bit.  For example, theres a CVS pharmacy near my place with a scratch off ticket machine, but I don't think its a very high volume place, BUT I doubt theres any chance of people lurking around or clerks playing.  Would this be a good place to try my luck?  Theres also a donut shop nearby which is pretty much known for lotto...thinking about trying there too. Any advice on where I play (really busy place with high turnover on lotto?  lonely liquor store?  stick to machines?).   

Any help would be much appreciated.  Sorry for all the questions, just hope a veteran may be able to give me some more useful info.

CA
                United States
                Member #141455
                April 14, 2013
                182 Posts
                Posted: April 29, 2013, 7:08 am - IP Logged

i just joined recently too and love this forum format where we can share ideas and results ... and ppl are nice and quite insightful ...

here are my results from today:

$5 F55 - (19,18,17) $0 (16) $20, (15) TIX

$10 LFL - (31,32) $0

I went today to see how much volume sale they have at the store ...

Turns out its very low on the $10 .. but not so bad on the new $5 ...

Will test after a week again *^^*

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                  Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103813
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: April 29, 2013, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Some more Fortune 55 results at a couple stores:

0, $15, $6, tkt - small clump

0, 0, 0, 0 - wiped out previous clump...

Anyway, this new game seems to be selling at a pretty rapid clip, expect the 1st top prize claim this week.

Northern California
                    United States
                    Member #141976
                    April 29, 2013
                    23 Posts
                    Posted: April 29, 2013, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Got some scratchers today from a machine inside a CVS.

Fortune 55: 0, 0, $10

Ruby Red 7's:  0, 0

Next time I think i'll buy more at the same time, instead of 2 or 3, I'll buy 4.  I read Jon D a while back say its a good idea to buy enough to match the odds on the back.

LA CA
                      United States
                      Member #118691
                      November 6, 2011
                      416 Posts
                      Posted: April 30, 2013, 12:23 am - IP Logged

2 $10 Fortunes from a Korean market in Valencia..

040 - $20

041 - $30 

Profit $30 :-)

CA
                        United States
                        Member #141455
                        April 14, 2013
                        182 Posts
                        Posted: April 30, 2013, 6:44 am - IP Logged

nice find mnsweeps *^^*

could you guys post the ticket number with the posting ... its makes a fun statistical gathering *^^*

finally ran my losing clump of Fortune55

$5 F55 (64-67) $0

$5 RR7 (53-54) $0

So i bought $10 worth of drawing games lol ...

Oakland, CA
                          United States
                          Member #138260
                          January 23, 2013
                          42 Posts
                          Posted: April 30, 2013, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Suldor!

I've been looking up all of the information on this website and I have learned a lot. 

Anyone have any advice for me?  I like to spend about 20 bucks per visit to a store now and days.   I tend to buy the $2, $3 and $5 scratchers most often. I almost never buy 1 or 10 dollar tickets.  But after reading a bunch of posts on this website, I think i'm going to focus more on the $3 and $5 scratchers and less on the $2 tickets for a chance of a higher payout.

So, if i bring 20 bucks in to a store:  Should I buy 4 of the same $5 ticket?  Or five $3 tickets and one $5?  What's the best method, what's worked for you?  I pretty much buy my tickets from one or two liquor stores and i'm thinking they may not be the best to play at.  Whenever I go somewhere else I seem to get higher payouts. 

So i've been thinking about changing things up a bit.  For example, theres a CVS pharmacy near my place with a scratch off ticket machine, but I don't think its a very high volume place, BUT I doubt theres any chance of people lurking around or clerks playing.  Would this be a good place to try my luck?  Theres also a donut shop nearby which is pretty much known for lotto...thinking about trying there too. Any advice on where I play (really busy place with high turnover on lotto?  lonely liquor store?  stick to machines?).   

Any help would be much appreciated.  Sorry for all the questions, just hope a veteran may be able to give me some more useful info.

Drew87, welcome to the board and thanks for contributing.

As Jon has mentioned, with scratcher games, you are competing against other players and sometimes the clerks!  You never know what ticket # in the roll the clerk is selling (and good luck getting that information from the clerk, because if they are players, they won't tell you).  Sometimes, they will stack rolls on top of other rolls so you cannot determine just by looking, either.

As others have theorized, usually the top prizes are between 40 - 80% of the roll.  My biggest win, in 1M Fortune, came on ticket #9 in the roll ($100 via multiple numbers match).  We will never know if the roll's "top" prize was that $100 ticket that I recieved, or if a bigger payout lurked even further down.  However, 1M Fortune is a $10 game, and I believe the max number of tickets on the roll is 45.  Therefore, ticket #9 is roughly 20% of the roll.

Your strategy should depend on how much you want to play and adhering to that limit.  For me, I like to mix it up but I understand the benefits of purchasing enough to cover the expected prize distribution.  (for example, 4 tickets in a row on one game).

When it comes to machines, I will choose a game, and after purchasing one ticket, see where the game is on the roll.  If the ticket # is too high or too low, I will select another game and go from there.  That is just my preference though, with machines, you obviously cannot tell what ticket number is next up.  When purchasing from a clerk, you may be able to obtain information from them prior to purchase.  But I'm generally pretty wary of clerks because they are too are just as likely to play (if not them, then friends / family).

Good Luck!

Oakland, CA
                            United States
                            Member #138260
                            January 23, 2013
                            42 Posts
                            Posted: April 30, 2013, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Picked up 2 F55 from a machine and a 1M Fortune from a Valero

F55 #57 (0) #58 ($15)

1M Fortune #30 (0)

My first hit on F55.  Interesting that it was on a number match ($5.00) and a 10x symbol ($1.00).  Oh, how I wish my prizes were switched, so 10x $5.00 would match!  Even though then my prize would not be possible ($51.00).  I got excited at first when I saw the 10x.  Regardless, a 1 in 20 chance prize of $15.00 makes up SOMEWHAT for my six losing tickets so far!

My 1M Fortune was a high number pack (#559), and regardless of the loss, I am now going to start paying attention to this game a little bit more.  Two top prizes have been claimed since December, still has 14 of 25 remaining.  Prime for a May hit?

LA CA
                              United States
                              Member #118691
                              November 6, 2011
                              416 Posts
                              Posted: April 30, 2013, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

I am wondering why you guys are all into the new F55 scratcher ? The chances of hitting the top prize which is small $100,000 is same as that of hitting a $1 million one on the $10 ones..

Page 21 of 182