Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fallacies, and two REAL ways of improving your chances

Topic closed. 215 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Kumo.

Page 15 of 15
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7325 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2013, 1:11 am - IP Logged

And I suppose you're going to tell me you believe there is only one person responding to that button, moderating this fairly large and active enterprise all alone, a person with quite a few irons in the fire these days?  Which brings me back to my question that you're trying to avoid - why do you think the policy here is to deny the existence of moderators?

"why do you think the policy here is to deny the existence of moderators?"

I never saw a copy of that policy, but there are rules that are self explanatory. http://www.lotterypost.com/rules

If you have a question about moderators, ask the owner. If you don't like the format, click the red button on the upper right hand corner of your screen.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7325 Posts
    Posted: February 10, 2013, 1:14 am - IP Logged

Or perhaps Jimmy already kmows the answer and he is just trolling for responses?

Is there any medication for those suffering from delusions of grandeur?

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7325 Posts
      Posted: February 10, 2013, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2013, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh And delusional people agree.LOL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2013, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Is there any medication for those suffering from delusions of grandeur?

Yes, it's called reality and it best taken in small doses several times a day.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kumo's avatar - ebDWVf6 jpg?1

United States
            Member #122235
            January 27, 2012
            172 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2013, 2:26 am - IP Logged

Quoting Yoho:

"What are the ways to improve your chances?

1. Don't buy the same ticket more than once. Ya. That's my advice, haha. Sounds stupid, doesn't it? But well it works. you see news of people buying the same

numbers and then winning, but really its not a good strategy. I don't understand why anyone would buy the same ticket twice, lol.

2.This point is slightly more interesting. To maximize your chances of winning a jackpot, you should spend your whole lottery allowance on a singledraw. Note,

your whole LOTTERY ALLOWANCE, not all your money, lol. NEVER spend more money on the lottery than you can afford. With that said, its better if you bought

52 tickets for a single draw than if you bought 1 ticket per week for a year."

I have to disagree with the OP's first point. Repeat play of self picks (Birthday numbers, predictions, etc.) sometimes do win. Perhaps another way to look at things is that over time a certain combination of numbers will eventually come up, could be the next drawing or many years from now, but it will eventually happen and hopefully within someone's lifetime. I'd hate to be the guy that quit playing his regular numbers in exchange for a QP, only to have his numbers come up the very next drawing.

OP's second point is unreasonable. Imagine if someone blew their max annual $52 lotto allowance on a $200M jackpot and loses everything. A few months later, one of the big games hits $500M and one of his losing tickets (perhaps even the regular set of numbers) on the earlier jackpot matches 5 numbers for a nice 2nd place prize. At the very least, it would make for a sad story at the local pub.

I just like my chances better at 1 play per drawing for the throughout the entire year versus, multiple plays for 1 drawing once a year.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. ~Ronald Reagan

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." ~Wolfgang von Goethe

"It's preferable to be harmlessly paranoid than fatally stupid."  ~Anonymous

Page 15 of 15