Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can math and logic improve chances of winning a jackpot?

Topic closed. 557 replies. Last post 3 years ago by sflottolover.

Page 20 of 38
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5600 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2013, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

garyo1954 says,

"I can prove there are no frogs in my house."

But when presented with the possibility he may be overlooking "invisible" frogs, he says,

"I'd suggest a thermal imaging camera to find your invisible frogs."

First of all, if invisible frogs ARE found in garyo1954's house, they would be HIS frogs, not mine, and his claim would be proven FALSE.  Secondly, if such frogs are NOT found, the searcher can claim garyo1954's invisible frogs are from another galaxy and are immune to our earthly detection methods. And so on, ad infinitum If garyo1954 were a reasonable and logical person, he would see the analogy between his claim that no frogs exist in his house and mine that no systems exist that predict future lottery draws from past ones.  But garyo1954 is not a reasonable and logical person.

WIN D claims systems have "already been proven with math and logic," without presenting evidence to support his claim.

RJOh says, "What is the up side of a system player (especially one who's is scoring a few wins) to explain to you[Jimmy4164] why his system is successful?  For all he knows you could be a frustrated lottery system developer looking for some ideas that work."

This conjecture, which appears with some regularity here in rebuttals to my posts, is one of the most profound examples of the insidious nature of innumeracy and the depths to which it can invade someone's thinking.  RJOh is so convinced that his winnings in Ohio are the result of his system that he can't conceive of the possibility that anyone would have no need or desire to learn its details.  I have none.

Dream on people...

--Jimmy4164

P.S.  https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174

RJoh has had success with his method of play. That's more than most people can say, including YOU!

LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1691 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2013, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

garyo1954 says,

But when presented with the possibility he may be overlooking "invisible" frogs, he says,

First of all, if invisible frogs ARE found in garyo1954's house, they would be HIS frogs, not mine, and his claim would be proven FALSE.  Secondly, if such frogs are NOT found, the searcher can claim garyo1954's invisible frogs are from another galaxy and are immune to our earthly detection methods. And so on, ad infinitum If garyo1954 were a reasonable and logical person, he would see the analogy between his claim that no frogs exist in his house and mine that no systems exist that predict future lottery draws from past ones.  But garyo1954 is not a reasonable and logical person.

WIN D claims systems have "already been proven with math and logic," without presenting evidence to support his claim.

RJOh says, "What is the up side of a system player (especially one who's is scoring a few wins) to explain to you[Jimmy4164] why his system is successful?  For all he knows you could be a frustrated lottery system developer looking for some ideas that work."

This conjecture, which appears with some regularity here in rebuttals to my posts, is one of the most profound examples of the insidious nature of innumeracy and the depths to which it can invade someone's thinking.  RJOh is so convinced that his winnings in Ohio are the result of his system that he can't conceive of the possibility that anyone would have no need or desire to learn its details.  I have none.

Dream on people...

--Jimmy4164

jimmyninny4164,

I'm shocked. I'm stunned. Two days and this (crap) is all you have?

Please restore my faith in the American education system. Tell me you employed two monkeys with a Big Chief Tablet and a couple of crayons to do your critical thinking. Then posted two hours of their work.

Obviously, I'm not reasonable, nor am I logical. If I were I wouldn't continue this 'discussion' knowing the inevitable is that you will continue to flounce like a flounder, flip like Flipper, and crawl like a crab to avoid direct responses.

It's quaint and trollish to suddenly shift the responsibility to WIN D to present evidence of "his claim." Yet, faced with the indentical task from  the opposite point, you, like Jame Randi, claimed it doesn't exist, so you can't prove it doesn't exist. To shift the responsibility to WIN D is most certainly a grade B flounce. You show no imagination, simply striking the next nearest target.

Now RJ offers a true motive for your obstinance. You wouldn't be the first (troll) to come here in expectation of goading others to reveal their systems. Some go so far as to take them as their own. But most wise up and disappear realizing that tactic doesn't work here any longer. 

Do you have something against Todd causing you (to attempt) to disrupt LP? Or, as WIN D hypothesizes, are you in De Nile (spelling Nazis please read that as denial) of the reality that systems exist?

Remember I told you about George, my Downes syndrome kitten. He still can't judge distance but he will use his claws to pull himself up on the sofa, where he lounges. When I'm opening a can in the kitchen, he'll set up and raise is paw giving a come here motion. And when I get there, he'll put both front paws together making a sweeping motion up and down in a begging manner. It's the cutest and darndest thing I've ever seen an animal do. He is conveying he wants off the sofa.

Your posts are identical to George's waving. You are in need of an audience to hear what you want to say. Unlike George, once you have the audience listening you begin your crab walk because you have nothing to say.

Again......

Here are the CliffNotes for your review:

"What I clearly know and understand better than you is you can NOT BEAT the odds by looking back at past draws for guidance during your selection process."  - Jimmy4164 3July 2:14PM

"What you are obviously compelled to discredit is the fact that PAST DRAWS HAVE NO EFFECT ON PRESENT OR FUTURE DRAWS!" - Jimmy4164 4July 9:36AM

"How about posting your proof that past draws have no effect on  present or future draws?" - garyo1954 Yesterday 1:38AM

"You can ask all you want but when what you ask for is IMPOSSIBLE to deliver, you will wait a very long time to receive." - Jimmy4164 Yesterday 3:56PM

Notice carefully you said "IMPOSSIBLE to deliver."  That is an admission that you have no proof, if ever there was one.

Capiche? Comprende? Comprendre? Verstehen? Wakarimasu ka?

If it is "IMPOSSIBLE to deliver", why do you continue to post (troll)?

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2013, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

First...... Jimmy4164,

What would qualify as a "winning lottery selection method" ?

What per cent of this  picking success method would qualify as winning in your opinion ?  51% ?  What ?

Jimmy4164

Still..... need to know the answer to the question. ????????  You don't mean 100% success rate by any chance do you?  Really ?   Surely you don't .... 

Other wise,... what is the point ?   What do you want?   

We are here to please. 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2013, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Ronnie .....isn't there something a couple of levels below ....or above a simple "scoffer?"   Something more intense perhaps? LOL 

Actually, it's a little scary when someone as highly verbal, well read, and obviously bright takes such a disturbed ...intractable position on math and logic.(social studies majors)

Such a person may have a dark secret nagging them. They are a victim. They're a victim of their own visions.

Perhaps they had a shock one day. A brief moment of clarity....and saw something that made sense but disturbed them and their notions deeply. That fleeting moment of clarity has been haunting them ever since. Now, they search endlessly to end this torment. 

In reality they are looking for .......or even begging for validation of that experience. It's the fear that moment of logic and clarity will become their NEW reality. 

It's what makes them so angry and "scoffing".  The closer they get to this new sustained clarity .....the more piissed off they become.  LOL 

"disturbed" I like that description. I should think it would be quite disturbing to chose to live the life of an unbeliever in whose world nothing new will ever be created and nothing new will ever be discovered. 

I think the "dark secret" that is nagging Jammy is the fact that a God that cant be proven DOES exist.

If God knows what numbers will fall before they fall does it make them any less random on our part, or any more NON-random on his part? 

What Jammy fails to realize is that things can be BOTH ways, random AND non-random at the same time.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2013, 11:15 am - IP Logged

I like the idea of "reduced randomness" http://gat.anastasios-tampakis.net/resources/

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7310 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2013, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

"disturbed" I like that description. I should think it would be quite disturbing to chose to live the life of an unbeliever in whose world nothing new will ever be created and nothing new will ever be discovered. 

I think the "dark secret" that is nagging Jammy is the fact that a God that cant be proven DOES exist.

If God knows what numbers will fall before they fall does it make them any less random on our part, or any more NON-random on his part? 

What Jammy fails to realize is that things can be BOTH ways, random AND non-random at the same time.

"What Jammy fails to realize is that things can be BOTH ways, random AND non-random at the same time."

With the exception of the very first pick-3 drawing, there is a 65.7% chance at least one of the digits from the previous drawing will repeat. There is 72% chance all three digits will be different too. The reason it is a random drawing is because only one three digit number will be drawn, but that doesn't change the fact that number will either be 1 of 720 numbers or 1 of 280 numbers. Does one have to be a mathematics professor emeritus to understand 720 is 2 and 1/2 times more than 280?

It's the same logic as saying because 70% of PB ticket purchased are QPs, 70% of the jackpot winners should be QPs. If you purchase a QP for a pick-3 game, it's the same 72% chance it will have three different digits because 72% of the total choices are that. The distribution of 1000 QPs for one drawing should be about the same as the distribution of 1000 random drawings. We'll never see where in 1000 random drawings all 1000 numbers were drawn and another reason why I'm very critical of Jimmy's simulations. He shows the monetary results but never shows the QP distribution or the drawing results.

After 600 different three digit QPs are issued, there is a 60% chance the next QP will be one of them. The chances of getting a number already issued grows higher until the final 1000 QP is issued. If Jimmy's QP distribution was done raffle style where each of 1000 numbers were issued to 1000 imaginary players in each of his imaginary drawings, the results will always prove a 50% edge. Changing it to 25,000 imaginary players each purchasing five QP will still show the same results because the QPs weren't randomly selected.

Simply put, his simulation must simulate a random QP distribution and a random drawing distribution and must be shown to get any credibility.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2013, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Right on Stack, I already proved self pick could perform 5 times BETTER than QPs. NOT including the 5+1 match that I accomplished on Aug, 10, 2012. http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/247020/45 

Jammys proof that QPs work just as good as self picks was to show us how 2 QPs drawn at the same time never match each other. Can anyone say Buffoon?

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: July 9, 2013, 10:48 am - IP Logged

garyo1954 says,

Dream on people...

--Jimmy4164

Funny that you should mentioned "ad infinitum" Jammy, because I was wondering if you know that Jesus is the High Priest of God's people forever after the order of Melchizedek?

I noticed that you have become embarrassed and quiet Jammy. Is there a chance that you have come to the realization that your belief system is futile, unrewarding, and disturbing? Not to mention pathetic.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7310 Posts
                  Posted: July 10, 2013, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Funny that you should mentioned "ad infinitum" Jammy, because I was wondering if you know that Jesus is the High Priest of God's people forever after the order of Melchizedek?

I noticed that you have become embarrassed and quiet Jammy. Is there a chance that you have come to the realization that your belief system is futile, unrewarding, and disturbing? Not to mention pathetic.

I saw on another thread where he mentioned we were "ganging up on him". I really hope it's just a persona he just uses on messages board because if he insults as many people has he has on LP, he doesn't have very many friends.

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: July 10, 2013, 10:06 am - IP Logged

I saw on another thread where he mentioned we were "ganging up on him". I really hope it's just a persona he just uses on messages board because if he insults as many people has he has on LP, he doesn't have very many friends.

Well if one of us went to a school homework board and talked lottery for months on end, Im sure we would be "ganged up on" too.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: July 10, 2013, 11:45 am - IP Logged

Ronnie316,

If you had received the kinds of threatening messages that I received early on, you wouldn't have given up your identity as you have.  Even though you don't seem to pose a threat to anyone here, I think it was foolish to do it.  If you check out my first posts here at LP you'll find that I provided a brief bio of myself.  This is more than can be said for the posters here who view themselves as "gurus" and feel compelled to attack and try to discredit nearly everything I post because it calls their thinking into question.

BTW, I don't think I've accused you of posting under multiple member names, but I have accused you of posting writing "FED" to you by others.  If I'm misguided about this, you could avoid confusion by annotating your posts with the persona you have chosen at the time of posting.

If you look above at the post you replied to, and seem annoyed by, you'll find it was NOT addressed to you.

--Jimmy4164

p.s.  Where is all the contact info you mentioned?  I don't see it in your profile.

Visit any time Jammy. I will clean out your toilet 4 U. 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/59-rooter-and-plumbing-service-phoenix

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: July 10, 2013, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

IMA clean D toilet for you Jammy when ever U R ready. Just pay a small trip charge. OK?

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7310 Posts
                          Posted: July 11, 2013, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Well if one of us went to a school homework board and talked lottery for months on end, Im sure we would be "ganged up on" too.

I almost emailed Don Catlin asking if he knew that Jimmy was misquoting him on LP. Catlin isn't anti-gambling or anti-lottery and gives almost the same advice as Thrifty. The only logic necessary for winning a jackpot is cutting in line buying a ticket.

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: July 11, 2013, 1:31 am - IP Logged

I almost emailed Don Catlin asking if he knew that Jimmy was misquoting him on LP. Catlin isn't anti-gambling or anti-lottery and gives almost the same advice as Thrifty. The only logic necessary for winning a jackpot is cutting in line buying a ticket.

Maybe Jimmy and Thrifty ARE both Don Catlin?

And maybe Todd is Gail Howard?

And Maybe Joe Pesci really married sharon stone and then divorced her for

Marisa Tomei

Its all about sales and links and clicks and profits after all? NO?

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: July 11, 2013, 2:08 am - IP Logged

I am having a hard time describing the razors edge and selling Catlin books at the same time.

Perhaps Catlin is playing the role of "Ace" in the movie CASINO.

Jimmy is a L.D.S.

A Last Digit Same system player..

He controls the MORMON Orgazmo ray.

Page 20 of 38