Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can math and logic improve chances of winning a jackpot?

Topic closed. 557 replies. Last post 3 years ago by sflottolover.

Page 26 of 38
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7322 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2013, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

"Playing 10 lines gives you 10 chances and can be expressed as 10 in 175,223,510 or 1 in 1,7522,351."

I also am no professor emeritus of mathology, but doesn't 10  in  175,223,510 reduces to 1 in 17,522,351?

Makes me think of the movie office space, where the guy says, " I probably put the decimal in the wrong places.  I always do that! Mess up some mundane detail."

Well in lottery there are really no mundane details I suppose, if you really LOOK at it.Evil Looking

Thats a good point as well shane. 

Can the mathematicians explain why 1 2 3 4 5 6 has never been drawn?

Welcome to LP shaneuk BTW!

"I also am no professor emeritus of mathology"

But back in the day professors emeritus were designing wheels for Gail Howard and Robert Serotic and still probably collecting checks from the sales of those books. It was before computer software was the norm and when people purchased one of their books, they were given a "free gift". One free gift was pick-3 wheel created by a "Harvard math professor" and I'm currently using that wheel to find out if its "all state" predictions are as amazing as what I read by an LP predictor.

After 14 days, the wheel had a box match in all but 6 pick-3 of the 69 jurisdiction drawings and is showing a profit in 15. There is nothing amazing because it's 10 lines using each digit in each digit position with a 2 digit box match guarantee and the probability of getting a box win is 1 out of 8. It's a great tool for "all states" prediction bragging rights and online $900 to $1 payoffs because the wheel has 141.5% online prize ratio over the last 14 days. I wouldn't recommend it for daily state specific play because a player has no chance to win in 28% of the drawings. However it maybe useful for spot play.

So anyways while some professors emeritus are calculating the odds against winning and telling us it's a poor wager, others developed useful mathematical tools to improve our chances of winning.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7322 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2013, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Yep, it's all about the field of numbers and combining those numbers into combinations. The larger the field, the harder and more expensive it becomes to get closer to the winning combination. To Ronnie316's credit, though, he's proven that it can be done...albeit at an astronomical cost, and, several tries. Certain combinations can, in fact, be played at certain times which increase odds of winning by a substantial margin. Just gotta have that kind of coin to do it. We're only dealing with numbers here...but a lot of 'em.

If I had lots of $$$ to play with, I see where hitting (5) of (5) wouldn't be terribly hard at all. Timing would be the key and I'd be willing to lose a couple of times to get there, too, because I'd still see a very handsome profit. $200K-$300K after all taxes and losses is nothing to sneeze at...especially when it can be repeated.Wink

L.L.

We discussed the downside of playing 98,280 lines in every drawing both from monetarily and the logistics of accurately filling out over 19,000 bet slips. The day after Ronnie matched five numbers with the bonus number, I ran his 28 numbers using his order and the five number match appeared on a less than 5000 line 4 if 4 wheel. 1000 bet slips is logistically possible, would need at least $200,000 for starters, and we know groups were wagering much more than that on one drawing in the Mass Cash Winfall game.

IF a player could match 5 of their 28 numbers in 6 out of 40 drawings, they could play at a nice profit using a 4 if 4 wheel with the Megaplier option without winning the jackpot. They could win the jackpot on their first five number match, but statistically it shouldn't take more than 3 years.

There are many "IF's" and "COULD'S" but that's what high stakes gambling is all about.

bgonçalves
      Brasil
      Member #92564
      June 9, 2010
      2126 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2013, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Winning the lottery is all based on mathematical 60% the rest are =, algorithms and patterns!
      If you know how to work comalgum patterns that give 80% to 100% of the time and make the algorithm with the appropriate coordinates and put the effort mathematically you can be rich!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2013, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Winning the lottery is all based on mathematical 60% the rest are =, algorithms and patterns!
        If you know how to work comalgum patterns that give 80% to 100% of the time and make the algorithm with the appropriate coordinates and put the effort mathematically you can be rich!

Have knowing such things made you rich?  Or have you not made the effort?  Or is all that stuff crap?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2013, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

The Texas All or Nothing game was shut down because players were using math and logic trying to win that jackpot. It wasn't because it was easy to win the jackpot, but because of the payoff structure and the game didn't have an aggregate jackpot payoff. You and I were averaging over 22% winners for every prediction, which in real play cuts the cost of a $2 ticket to less than a buck and many of the Texas players were probably doing the same thing in real play. Had any of my predictions matched 12 numbers, it would be two jackpot wins. Eventually they could had several winners in one drawing with each winner winning the jackpot twice.

If you use mathematics and logic, you don't play the lottery, but you buy a garden and plant fruit trees and vegetables. You would keep chickens and rabbits. You would exchange eggs against a woolen pullover. Probably you would look for water in the ground and try to get energy out of the wind and the sunshine. Your car would be running on water or you would just walk and use a bicycle.

The sales declined heavily before they shut down TAON. I received a message that they would start drawing again in august. I don't know if this is true.

If I was living in Texas, I would surely prefer tickets of 50 cents or 1 dollar and settle with 125 000 or half of that as jackpot. Maybe the lottery was just playing with the leverage, high price ticket for bigger receipts.

I like small games. RJOH mentioned a game in Virginia, but I am in old Europe, and I have got to dance  with the dolls from here.

Players in Texas were not winning much at TAON, they must have closed it for lack of success. Honestly their tickets sucked! Play all even, or play all odds, put a cross there. Are you freakin' kiddin' me? Odd or even is just the same in that game. I would lynch the CEO for that, what an insult to the playing population? I feel my hate for managers coming up again and my name isn't Drucker.

TOAN is original in the way that the opposite ends pay, probably people can't live with that, also loosing 2 bucks for one line is alot of money gone. If you like to play bigger systems, this game can waste your budget.

Anyway, mathematics and logic won't do it. A program and the mentality of a bet raising gambler maybe can do it. That of course is not mathematics and it surely isn't logical to raise the bet in a game where there is a bankadvantage. (...)

Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2013, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

I think luck kicks butt!

Buy one ticket and win big!

bgonçalves
              Brasil
              Member #92564
              June 9, 2010
              2126 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2013, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Mathematically, you can go to some extent in predicting example on 49/6
                Mathematically with confidence can go up 4 hits, the two numbers is missing
                Has many variables to control ok, the patterns are very well hidden
                All we have is to discover, to go against the trend of a pattern is to go against the tide
                The lottery has no memory but has standards, the problem that we must think
                In hit within 01-100 raffles and many betting this is the way, try
                Hit a 10 bet in a single event (a draw) is going in circles.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5615 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2013, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

If you use mathematics and logic, you don't play the lottery, but you buy a garden and plant fruit trees and vegetables. You would keep chickens and rabbits. You would exchange eggs against a woolen pullover. Probably you would look for water in the ground and try to get energy out of the wind and the sunshine. Your car would be running on water or you would just walk and use a bicycle.

The sales declined heavily before they shut down TAON. I received a message that they would start drawing again in august. I don't know if this is true.

If I was living in Texas, I would surely prefer tickets of 50 cents or 1 dollar and settle with 125 000 or half of that as jackpot. Maybe the lottery was just playing with the leverage, high price ticket for bigger receipts.

I like small games. RJOH mentioned a game in Virginia, but I am in old Europe, and I have got to dance  with the dolls from here.

Players in Texas were not winning much at TAON, they must have closed it for lack of success. Honestly their tickets sucked! Play all even, or play all odds, put a cross there. Are you freakin' kiddin' me? Odd or even is just the same in that game. I would lynch the CEO for that, what an insult to the playing population? I feel my hate for managers coming up again and my name isn't Drucker.

TOAN is original in the way that the opposite ends pay, probably people can't live with that, also loosing 2 bucks for one line is alot of money gone. If you like to play bigger systems, this game can waste your budget.

Anyway, mathematics and logic won't do it. A program and the mentality of a bet raising gambler maybe can do it. That of course is not mathematics and it surely isn't logical to raise the bet in a game where there is a bankadvantage. (...)

If you really want to know what happened, read the commission meeting minutes. GTech told TLC that it was possible that there would be hundreds of jackpot winners if all even or all odd numbers were draw. I played that way myself. To fix it they are putting a cap on the jackpot of $5 million. If there are more than 20 jackpot winners, then it becomes parimutuel. The commissioners will be voting on the rule change probably in August. When it's approved (and it WILL be), ticket sales will start again within 30 days or so. It had nothing to do with lack of success.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19831 Posts
                  Posted: July 31, 2013, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

Did any one else noticed tonight PB combination was almost ±1 off from Saturday PB combination?

07/31/13 - 08 24 39 49 59 +05
                  07/27/13 - 09 23 40 53 58 +06
                             -1 +1 -1  ? +1  -1

Evil Looking       

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                    Park City, UT
                    United States
                    Member #69864
                    January 18, 2009
                    993 Posts
                    Posted: August 1, 2013, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Did any one else noticed tonight PB combination was almost ±1 off from Saturday PB combination?

-1 +1 -1  ? +1  -1

Guess no one is playing that as a system.  With 6 numbers with 2 choices of either +1 or -1 at a cost of 64 * $2 = $128 would have guaranteed a 4+1 win for $10,000.  PowerPlay would have been 64*3 = $192 to win $40,000.

Any takers for the next draw?

Jimmy

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: August 1, 2013, 6:30 am - IP Logged

Guess no one is playing that as a system.  With 6 numbers with 2 choices of either +1 or -1 at a cost of 64 * $2 = $128 would have guaranteed a 4+1 win for $10,000.  PowerPlay would have been 64*3 = $192 to win $40,000.

Jimmy

I've heard about the ±1 system for pick3/4 but never noticed it in a jackpot style game before.  I'll have to check if it could have produced any noticeable winners in past drawings.

Evil Looking       

Economy class
                        Belgium
                        Member #123700
                        February 27, 2012
                        4035 Posts
                        Posted: August 1, 2013, 7:58 am - IP Logged

If you really want to know what happened, read the commission meeting minutes. GTech told TLC that it was possible that there would be hundreds of jackpot winners if all even or all odd numbers were draw. I played that way myself. To fix it they are putting a cap on the jackpot of $5 million. If there are more than 20 jackpot winners, then it becomes parimutuel. The commissioners will be voting on the rule change probably in August. When it's approved (and it WILL be), ticket sales will start again within 30 days or so. It had nothing to do with lack of success.

I don't see why they would not continue the game, unless it has no success.
                        They probably pay themselves first, so it is about breaking even for them, or making a certain amount of net benefit.

Don't you think that they are behind schedule for fixing and publishing payout limits?
                        Sloppy company!

I want to see published:

• amount of lines sold,
                        • the scores with payouts, scores going from 0 to 12, and I mean including 5, 6 and 7,
                        • other.

Economy class
                          Belgium
                          Member #123700
                          February 27, 2012
                          4035 Posts
                          Posted: August 1, 2013, 8:07 am - IP Logged

-1 +1 -1  ? +1  -1

?= -4

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5615 Posts
                            Posted: August 1, 2013, 9:07 am - IP Logged

?= -4

That info is available on the TLC website. BTW, thru the short history of the game so far, there have been 29 jackpot winners. When the game was introduced, they touted the overall odds of 4.5 to 1. They even stated the overall odds were as good as scratch offs. When you compare that with the jackpot amount to scratchoffs, $2 bucks isn't bad. We have scratchoffs in Tx that cost $50. A $2 scratchoff typically has a top prize of about $20000.

At any rate, it's a fun game to play. I played it quite a bit at first, but had cut back to focus on the bigger Tx Lotto. I'll play it some again when it comes back.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: August 1, 2013, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Jimmy

As a system before last night it hadn't produced anything over a $10 winner since PB went to the 59 numbers matrix.  For $128 there are plenty of better strategies available.

Evil Looking       

Page 26 of 38