Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5248 replies. Last post 4 hours ago by jasefan.

Page 227 of 350
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #167757
July 29, 2015
355 Posts
Posted: June 16, 2016, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Spot on. 

I've called some places about 200MS. Out of three places that was listed as having it, only one clerk said he actually had a book. I'm going to buy a book tomorrow, and I'll post results. Now I can understand it from the clerk's perspective if it is a food store. If it is a food store, they might have a long line and they probably want the call to be quick and easy from a customer support perspective. Generally, alot of clerks don't know much about the lottery games. I did meet a couple clerks who actually track the prize page, and claim they played as well. 

Does anyone know when those new monopoly tickets are coming out? I'm not sure why the FL lottery creates so many games. Is it to generate more sales? I know some states keep a much smaller number of games, and only replace them when prizes are out.

I believe the new Monopoly tickets come out July 5th.

Florida
    United States
    Member #172872
    February 7, 2016
    597 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2016, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

I believe the new Monopoly tickets come out July 5th.

Ah, cool. Hopefully those have decent odds. 

I find it really interesting how some of the newer tickets, particularly $5 games, have better odds than some of the older tickets. Were the 2012-2014 years just really bad for lotto scratch off games?

King's Ransom for example has odds of 1 in 1.8m million for a $250k prize. (Possibly much better now with only 2-3% of tickets remaining) Winning Streak, and many of the other new $5 have odds around 1.26- 1.4 million for that type of prize.  Also, 1k prizes on those older $5 tickets like Margaritaville/King's Ransom have odds of 1/12k compared to 1/8k on the newer $5 games. I was thinking of focusing on those $5 games, but the more I think about it, I'd rather just buy $5 Gold Rush, $5 Winning Streak, and maybe even the $5 Wheel of Fortune. 

Has anyone requested any data on the $20 Lucky 200k/yr for life ticket? I wonder how many of those are remaining, and what the prospects look like for the 4 jackpots (2 $200k/yr for life and 2 $50k/yr for life) on that particular game. I see it all over the place in Jacksonville, but no one buys it. Is it because of how hard it is to scratch? Do any of you play that game?

Florida
      United States
      Member #171925
      January 13, 2016
      316 Posts
      Posted: June 16, 2016, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Spot on. 

I've called some places about 200MS. Out of three places that was listed as having it, only one clerk said he actually had a book. I'm going to buy a book tomorrow, and I'll post results. Now I can understand it from the clerk's perspective if it is a food store. If it is a food store, they might have a long line and they probably want the call to be quick and easy from a customer support perspective. Generally, alot of clerks don't know much about the lottery games. I did meet a couple clerks who actually track the prize page, and claim they played as well. 

Does anyone know when those new monopoly tickets are coming out? I'm not sure why the FL lottery creates so many games. Is it to generate more sales? I know some states keep a much smaller number of games, and only replace them when prizes are out.

I assume they get better sales from new games - all the advertising for them and what not. I felt like games were starting to have quicker runs lately, but I don't know for sure. I wish they wouldn't reorder games and just would let them run their course and end them quicker.

I've also been hoping they were trying to lower the number of games running at any one time. They ended 13 games already this year and have 12 more that end sales tomorrow. But none slated to end after that. I expect them to set a new list soon of games ending with maybe as many as the 22 that currently aren't orderable on that list.

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
        Member #154519
        April 19, 2014
        243 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2016, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Won $20 on a 50x The Cash then bought a Lucky $200,000 A Year for Life and lost! LOL

Show me the money!

Florida
          United States
          Member #172872
          February 7, 2016
          597 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2016, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

I'm Gainesville today. Stopped by a place that has a massive amount of scratch tickets, including several books of 50x. I bought a book of 200 MS. I will post results later. They also have books of Super Millions going.

FL
            United States
            Member #168858
            September 20, 2015
            131 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2016, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

I'm Gainesville today. Stopped by a place that has a massive amount of scratch tickets, including several books of 50x. I bought a book of 200 MS. I will post results later. They also have books of Super Millions going.

Good luck Dracos.  Hope you hit the mil!

United States
              Member #175371
              June 13, 2016
              203 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2016, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

AK's Qwik Shop? ... Isn't that a beautiful display of scratchers? and the ppl are sooooo nice .... feels like a Bikram (hot) Yoga studio in there though ;-)

Jacksonville
                United States
                Member #153806
                March 26, 2014
                345 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2016, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Best of luck to you.  Let us know if you hit a big one.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #172872
                  February 7, 2016
                  597 Posts
                  Posted: June 17, 2016, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

AK's Qwik Shop? ... Isn't that a beautiful display of scratchers? and the ppl are sooooo nice .... feels like a Bikram (hot) Yoga studio in there though ;-)

Yep! Some amazing people in that shop. Do you live in Gainesville? I'm moving to Gainesville in early July, and whenever I play scratchoffs that's going to be my new location. I wonder how often they have big winners at that place. I stopped there a few times today, and it seemed like they had lines of people playing scratch games.

They have 13 books of 200 MS Spectacular, and 10 books of $10 Holiday Gifts. The $10 Holiday Gift book I saw had a distribution number of 51k on the back, making me think the other ones are possibly lower numbers. There were only 2 books of 50X cash, but the guy I spoke to told me that he thinks he can get more next week.

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #172872
                    February 7, 2016
                    597 Posts
                    Posted: June 17, 2016, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Hey all, 

So I went out, and played alot of scratch tickets today. No, I didn't become a millionaire like Adam YET! Wink I'm moving to Gainesville next month to start a new position at UF, and happened to stumble across this store courtesy of MrGray's information about it having 50X in stock. This is literally the promised land of scratchoff tickets in Gainesville. They have over 100 books going at a single time with about 8-10 $25 books, 4-6 $20 Gold Rush, and many other books down to $1 tickets. They even have the "hard to find" books such as $10 200 MS and $10 Holiday Gifts. The store is named AK's Kwin Stop. I was down quite a bit of money, but I had alot of fun taking the risk of hunting for a top prize on various different games.  With how much traffic this store gets, I have a feeling this is a prime location for a top prize to get hit. 

Book #1 - 200MS 

000-12 (literally, the first 13 tickets were winners)- Wow, I have never had 14 winners in a row. I have experienced 10 winners in a row on a $10 Holiday Gifts game, but this is extremely unusual. What is the probability of this? 

2 - $100 

8- $100 

23 - $100 

35 - $100

47 - $100 

16 Winners, 44 losers. There were FIVE $100 winners in this book. The odds for a $100 hit is 1/68 according to the website. 

Total payout $670.  Profit of $70 

Odds 1 in 3.75 (lower than game average) 

Book #2 - 200MS 

18 winners, 42 losers.  Odds 1 in 3.33. 

Total payout: 

1 $100 winner on ticket $23, but nothing else worth mentioning. 

Total payout: $345, so  -$255 from this purchase

2/3rd a $200 MS book (Started from tickets 21- 59) 

Total Payout: $115, so - $165 on this purchase 

Bought 3 $20 Gold Rush #7-9 

#8 hit for $50, the other two were losers.

Bought 8 $20 Super Millions ticket from two different roles. Only 1 winner for $30. Ouch! Even the $20 Flamingo Ticket isn't that harsh to me. 

Bought 20 50X Cash ticket, only 3 winners for a total of $40. - $160 here (ouch) this ticket has been absolutely horrible

Overall, I was down for the day. This was my "biweekly splurge", before I receive my summer pay. I played through 2 2/3rd books of $200 MS. I played through some random Super Millions, and some $2 tickets. I didn't get to take pictures of all the winners because my phone died during my visit, but here are some pictures below of the place and some of the highlight winners from today. 

Special Note about this store -  They have 10 books of $10 Holiday Gifts (lower distribution numbers around 50k), and 13 books of 200MS. I have a feeling that the second top prize for the $10 Holiday Gifts may still be out there, and that it is in one of the lower distribution books that has been shuffled around through warehouses and is going to find a store. They had 2 active books of the 50X Cash book, and the store owner told me he would try to get more of them next week when his lotto rep came back from vacation. 

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #172872
                      February 7, 2016
                      597 Posts
                      Posted: June 17, 2016, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Also, for anyone in Jacksonville interested in 200 MS...I know of a store by Regency Mall that has a book. PM me if you want to know the exact address. If anyone wants to split a book 50/50 I'd probably be down next week.

Jacksonville
                        United States
                        Member #153806
                        March 26, 2014
                        345 Posts
                        Posted: June 17, 2016, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on the wins Dracos.  Sorry you didn't hit the big one, but it looks like you were a kid in a candy store. 

I went around buying up Super Millions tickets in Jacksonville.  I had a bunch of small wins and losses.  I did get this win though.  This is the third time I've won with this combination. 

$500 win

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
                          Member #154519
                          April 19, 2014
                          243 Posts
                          Posted: June 17, 2016, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Is it better to buy a scratcher and lose right away or buy a number game and delay your loss? :)

Show me the money!

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #172872
                            February 7, 2016
                            597 Posts
                            Posted: June 17, 2016, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Gator - Congratz on the $500 win again on Super Millions! Are you playing this game exclusively? A $100k+ hit on that game would be absolutely wild. 

The store I went to earlier in Gainesville has this game (and pretty much every game) in bulk if the supply dwindles to where you can't find any.

Morgothaod - I'd say number games are probably a better habit because it is much harder to "chase loses". With instant scratchoffs you get the quick satisfaction of a big win, but it can also lead to chasing/losing more cash if a person doesn't have good discipline.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #151010
                              January 5, 2014
                              198 Posts
                              Posted: June 17, 2016, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to the UF family! Been working there for 2 years now, can't beat the benefits.

Glad you had some luck with the mega-store. I've bought a couple times from there but actually have never gotten any winner out of there. That place is hard to get to with all of the traffic. I hated Archer Rd so much I moved to Ocala and commute from there. 

I think that place has sold some big winners before so maybe it'll produce another big winner.

Did he have any King's Ransom?

Page 227 of 350