Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should a winning system be posted on the LP?

Topic closed. 392 replies. Last post 3 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 11 of 27
PrintE-mailLink

Should a winning system be posted on the LP?

Don't post a winning system? [ 41 ]  [34.75%]
Post your winning system? [ 77 ]  [65.25%]
Total Valid Votes [ 118 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 11 ]  
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7310 Posts
Posted: May 14, 2013, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

I had a friend years ago who very smart. He could answer Jeopardy questions correctly 90% plus of the time. It was amazing watchng him answer with such accuracy. But one thing he lacked was common sense.

I forgot to mention he was a small plane pilot as well.

Anyways, one day we were having a conversation about flying and he told me that it's much safer to fly than it is to drive a car based on the death toll statistics. I thought about that for a minute and I realized that data was flawed. At any given time there's about 3,000 commercial airlines in the air, and anywhere from 200 million to 250 million cars on the road. With those differences, of course you're going to have more accidents on the ground. If there were 5 million planes in the air, then yes, but his math just didn't work.

I was dumbfounded how such an intelligent guy couldn't understand such a basic comparison. We argued for about 20 minutes, and I just left. He's the type of person who's ego won't allow him to admit he's wrong.

Through legislation, some states are requiring their lotteries to return 35% of their sales to the general fund. To do it, those lotteries will have to cut expenses, reduce the prize fund, or both. What they don't understand is that by reducing the prizes the total sales will drop. They will get the 35%, but the total could be much less than what they received from the 30% or less in the past.

Which is better, 20% of $1 billion in sales or 35% of $500 million in sales?

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: May 14, 2013, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

Through legislation, some states are requiring their lotteries to return 35% of their sales to the general fund. To do it, those lotteries will have to cut expenses, reduce the prize fund, or both. What they don't understand is that by reducing the prizes the total sales will drop. They will get the 35%, but the total could be much less than what they received from the 30% or less in the past.

Which is better, 20% of $1 billion in sales or 35% of $500 million in sales?

Thinking of...

Let's shoot ourselves in the foot. Yeah, that's the ticket !

Crazy

lotteryfanatic's avatar - try 20this%202.JPG
      California
      United States
      Member #122106
      January 24, 2012
      924 Posts
      Posted: May 14, 2013, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

I regret I took time to read this forum.... I really didn't have time for it because I gotta get back to winning the lottery.... Isn't it time to give this subject a rest?

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: May 14, 2013, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I regret I took time to read this forum.... I really didn't have time for it because I gotta get back to winning the lottery.... Isn't it time to give this subject a rest?

You can only blame yourself for the lack of control over your curiosity. Regrets and lack of time are localized issues that you have to reconcile with yourself. Do what most people do, skip over a subject not interesting enough to follow.

It's just like people who call a radio show to complain about the radio show. No one is pointing a gun at your head to listen to the show.  Green laugh

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: May 14, 2013, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

I had a friend years ago who very smart. He could answer Jeopardy questions correctly 90% plus of the time. It was amazing watchng him answer with such accuracy. But one thing he lacked was common sense.

I forgot to mention he was a small plane pilot as well.

Anyways, one day we were having a conversation about flying and he told me that it's much safer to fly than it is to drive a car based on the death toll statistics. I thought about that for a minute and I realized that data was flawed. At any given time there's about 3,000 commercial airlines in the air, and anywhere from 200 million to 250 million cars on the road. With those differences, of course you're going to have more accidents on the ground. If there were 5 million planes in the air, then yes, but his math just didn't work.

I was dumbfounded how such an intelligent guy couldn't understand such a basic comparison. We argued for about 20 minutes, and I just left. He's the type of person who's ego won't allow him to admit he's wrong.

OnlyMoney,

It looks as though your friend had more "common sense" than you thought.  He was probably talking about the fatality RATE per mile traveled.

"Statistically speaking, flying is far safer than driving. However, it may feel more dangerous because risk perception is based on more than facts, according to David Ropeik, risk communication instructor at Harvard School of Public Health. Driving affords more personal control, making it feel safer. In addition, plane crashes are catastrophic, killing more people at once, which grabs more attention and makes people more sensitive to them. Car crashes happen every day and spread the loss over time, making their combined effects less noticeable."

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/air-travel-safer-car-travel-1581.html

--Jimmy4164

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19816 Posts
            Posted: May 14, 2013, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

You can only blame yourself for the lack of control over your curiosity. Regrets and lack of time are localized issues that you have to reconcile with yourself. Do what most people do, skip over a subject not interesting enough to follow.

It's just like people who call a radio show to complain about the radio show. No one is pointing a gun at your head to listen to the show.  Green laugh

Kinda like reading this Dead it wasted my time

Let it Snow Snowman

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: May 15, 2013, 10:27 am - IP Logged

It would have been nice if someone had actually posted a winning system and data to show how it actually won several top prizes is past drawings but this forum only asked the question should it be done.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #128790
                June 2, 2012
                5431 Posts
                Posted: May 15, 2013, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

OnlyMoney,

It looks as though your friend had more "common sense" than you thought.  He was probably talking about the fatality RATE per mile traveled.

"Statistically speaking, flying is far safer than driving. However, it may feel more dangerous because risk perception is based on more than facts, according to David Ropeik, risk communication instructor at Harvard School of Public Health. Driving affords more personal control, making it feel safer. In addition, plane crashes are catastrophic, killing more people at once, which grabs more attention and makes people more sensitive to them. Car crashes happen every day and spread the loss over time, making their combined effects less noticeable."

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/air-travel-safer-car-travel-1581.html

--Jimmy4164

Ok, so let me get this straight. You know what Peter St. Pierre's real intentions are, what my friend was PROBABLY thinking, and I guess you also know what the secrets of the universe are.

If you must know, he was only referring to death tolls, not miles traveled. I was there, not you.

BTW, he was also the landlord of the house who lived at the house. Let's see what kind of convoluted logic you come up with to defend this guy. I caught him upstairs one day with a toilet brush sitting in the sink half filled with some primortial concoction created by the brush. After confronting him about this, and telling him that I use that sink to brush my teeth, his response was.."I don't use this sink". Meanwhile, two other tenants do.

He also doesn't use toothpaste cause he doesn't like the taste, so what he does is clip his fingernails and rolls them around his teeth for about 15 mintues so, and by doing so, the clippings will scrub the dirt off.

I know you have another wise answer for this one too. Please enlighten me. Perhaps you have another cut and paste excerpt showing how used toliet brushes are cleaner than sinks, or perhaps a scientific journal on how nail clippings work better than toothpaste. Crazy

It figures that you and he agree. It makes all the sense in the world now.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7310 Posts
                  Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

It would have been nice if someone had actually posted a winning system and data to show how it actually won several top prizes is past drawings but this forum only asked the question should it be done.

There are many different definitions of a winning system and considering the number of PB and MM jackpots won each year, we can rule out "works every drawing". If someone did create a complex system maybe taking four or five years to win a jackpot, would they take the time to describe it in detail or would they be doing all the things they dreamed about doing?

It's possible there are players using pick-3 or pick-4 systems making a small steady income, but most lottery players are going after the life changing jackpots. Even if a jackpot winner posted their complex winning system, how many of the $5 a drawing QP players will spend the necessary hours knowing they might have to play it for four or five years to win a jackpot?

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                    Whiskey Island
                    United States
                    Member #90216
                    April 24, 2010
                    12740 Posts
                    Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

How about not Posting a winning system !! Someone posting the Winning Predictiion Line for PB ,MM or Pick 5 games with in say 5 - 50 lines for game Play .....

u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19816 Posts
                      Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

How about not Posting a winning system !! Someone posting the Winning Predictiion Line for PB ,MM or Pick 5 games with in say 5 - 50 lines for game Play .....

if you wanna win try steve player LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

Whiskey Island
                        United States
                        Member #90216
                        April 24, 2010
                        12740 Posts
                        Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Steve Players so called systems is TRASH !!!!!

u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: May 15, 2013, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Steve Players so called systems is TRASH !!!!!

how could you say that for sure unless you know this to be a fact Patriot

Let it Snow Snowman

Whiskey Island
                            United States
                            Member #90216
                            April 24, 2010
                            12740 Posts
                            Posted: May 15, 2013, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

I have a friend who bought several of his so called systems not just the cheap low end systems but  6 of the high end systems $150 plus range . All have failed at producing any Wins even minimum return on investment .

Just 1 of many bad reviews :

In the fall of 1999 S.Player mailed out a new system for Play 3. It was illustrated with a graph based on a simple formula. But in his new catalogue he usd a different graph for identically same draw data.
                            When asked by letter for an explanation he did not respond and when trying to contact him by e-mail on his site he asks for your "password".
                            It is a basic rule of computer security not ever to disclose your password to any third party, because it is often used by scam artists for identity theft. He refuses to refund your purchase money when you can prove his method or graph to be in error or the system not yielding a profit on backtesting.

What is Steve Player up to? Is he a purveyor of crap? Lots of members a LP seem to think so in Nov. 2003

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: May 15, 2013, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

how could you say that for sure unless you know this to be a fact Patriot

Is Player just a Player?

Page 11 of 27