Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

why do black americans rarely win big jackpots

Topic closed. 135 replies. Last post 3 years ago by marcie.

Page 2 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
savannah, ga
United States
Member #37345
April 13, 2006
342 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2013, 9:48 am - IP Logged

it usually a colored guy and they win if fair or white skin is their partner or benefits. i want to see 2 black couples or an all colored group win

Some people I know say that more African Americans tend to play the lower pay out games such as pick3 or pick 4 and also purchase the lower cost scratch tickets . Very few participate in employee groups or employee pools as well. Lottery is a game of odds. If Caucasians purchase more $20 scratch tickets and play the higher pay out games what do you expect. I as well as my friends laugh about the fact that many of the large pay out scratch tickets are found in the predominantly white areas and small towns where few blacks live or play. It is however a mystery that I have found big pay out scratch tickets are also won by whites in stores which are frequented by mostly blacks. That happened just recently at a store I frequent. A white man won a million on a $20 scratch ticket. Bottom line, I would say go to different stores in different parts of town, play more big pay out games. And please stay positive. Csample76, You Can Win!!

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2013, 9:49 am - IP Logged

that aint sh*** FOR every black winner i could find 3 non black  winners, look at the show how the lottery changed my life. im not  racist just fact. so please do not starting talking crazy like I know you guys will do

You could ask the Statistic Brain....

http://www.statisticbrain.com/lottery-winner-statistics/

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1649 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2013, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Based on what I've seen in the past, and still do, there tends to be more non-black lottery players. On any given day when standing in line at any convenience or large grocery store, other ethnicities reasonably out number blacks. Then, we have the age groups to factor in. Most younger people don't mess with the lottery no matter which ethnicity you look at. It's always the older and mature, even elderly crowd that's dropping coin for a chance to change their lives.

On those huge by large record-type jackpots, I see more younger people taking a shot at it for whatever reason. Even then, only a handful were black.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2013, 9:58 am - IP Logged

that aint sh*** FOR every black winner i could find 3 non black  winners, look at the show how the lottery changed my life. im not  racist just fact. so please do not starting talking crazy like I know you guys will do

That would be just about right if 3/4 of the people who play the lottery are "non black".

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1649 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2013, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Some people I know say that more African Americans tend to play the lower pay out games such as pick3 or pick 4 and also purchase the lower cost scratch tickets . Very few participate in employee groups or employee pools as well. Lottery is a game of odds. If Caucasians purchase more $20 scratch tickets and play the higher pay out games what do you expect. I as well as my friends laugh about the fact that many of the large pay out scratch tickets are found in the predominantly white areas and small towns where few blacks live or play. It is however a mystery that I have found big pay out scratch tickets are also won by whites in stores which are frequented by mostly blacks. That happened just recently at a store I frequent. A white man won a million on a $20 scratch ticket. Bottom line, I would say go to different stores in different parts of town, play more big pay out games. And please stay positive. Csample76, You Can Win!!

This is very true and to the point. Blacks mostly stick to the lower cost games and tickets which is, coincidentally, where the lotteries' bread and butter really is. I do believe that demographics play a huge part in how the scratch tickets are distributed but, I could be wrong also. For this reason, when I want good scratch tickets, I go to the "high end" stores near the rich neighborhoods...and always manage to break even or end up at least $10 ahead in the end.

As far as I'm concerned, it's well worth it to play at least the $10 scratchers...and the $20's are even better.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

FLATRANSPLANT's avatar - yocco
            South Florida
            United States
            Member #71280
            February 22, 2009
            15318 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2013, 10:22 am - IP Logged

LMAO - did you all stop to think that winning the Lottery is ALL luck and did you ever stop to think that maybe more white people play than black people do?

This statement is way too funny......

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
              Denver, Co
              United States
              Member #103046
              December 29, 2010
              546 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2013, 10:28 am - IP Logged

i came to this conclusion. the usa through false teachings have attached badness and negativity with a skin color or class of people. i remember in school they explain black is not a color in a rainbow, even the bible characterize dark or black as bad. this country was raised on they idea of taking blessings from african americans.

so many of us dont bother too play because we know its rigged.they easy pick people by cameras.

"so many of us dont bother too play"

And there's your answer. 

You can't win if you don't play.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2013, 10:42 am - IP Logged

cdemo

United States
                  Member #87423
                  February 24, 2010
                  93 Posts
                  Posted: June 17, 2013, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

people source of income is publicize. im tired of those around knowing how i live and i domt know much on them. the try to stwp in my life and control and think im suppose to make wonders out of nickels and dimes. its obvious they are a private network. let the next person come to me incorrectly with no respect. they feel they got authority on there side and set poor people up with people who dont believe them. im tired of the public vs private.

suppose to get that negative force off of me immediately

United States
                    Member #87423
                    February 24, 2010
                    93 Posts
                    Posted: June 17, 2013, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

they using these cameras and the state lottery has their group tney want to get paid. i been to several different stores and to machine and had a person tell me the numbers i played. im getting tired of theses people with names that suppose to mean something trying to boss me.

elkton, maryland
                      United States
                      Member #85565
                      January 18, 2010
                      1028 Posts
                      Posted: June 17, 2013, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

people source of income is publicize. im tired of those around knowing how i live and i domt know much on them. the try to stwp in my life and control and think im suppose to make wonders out of nickels and dimes. its obvious they are a private network. let the next person come to me incorrectly with no respect. they feel they got authority on there side and set poor people up with people who dont believe them. im tired of the public vs private.

What is wrong with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #74096
                        May 2, 2009
                        22926 Posts
                        Posted: June 17, 2013, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

i came to this conclusion. the usa through false teachings have attached badness and negativity with a skin color or class of people. i remember in school they explain black is not a color in a rainbow, even the bible characterize dark or black as bad. this country was raised on they idea of taking blessings from african americans.

so many of us dont bother too play because we know its rigged.they easy pick people by cameras.

White isn't in a rainbow either.
                        And the bible? Consider the region...dark skin? Most of the people must've been bad then.
                        Blessings don't discriminate unless you want them to or imagine they do. Maybe you need
                        to count other blessings.
                        I see all kinds of players and winners too. I never thought someone shouldn't win or WAS winning
                        because of the color of their skin.
                        If you are just speaking of yourself, please don't include the rest of the population who mainly don't
                        think past the thrill of seeing a new winner without a second thought given to skin color.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

elkton, maryland
                          United States
                          Member #85565
                          January 18, 2010
                          1028 Posts
                          Posted: June 17, 2013, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

White isn't in a rainbow either.
                          And the bible? Consider the region...dark skin? Most of the people must've been bad then.
                          Blessings don't discriminate unless you want them to or imagine they do. Maybe you need
                          to count other blessings.
                          I see all kinds of players and winners too. I never thought someone shouldn't win or WAS winning
                          because of the color of their skin.
                          If you are just speaking of yourself, please don't include the rest of the population who mainly don't
                          think past the thrill of seeing a new winner without a second thought given to skin color.

I Agree!

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                            Denver, Co
                            United States
                            Member #103046
                            December 29, 2010
                            546 Posts
                            Posted: June 17, 2013, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

they using these cameras and the state lottery has their group tney want to get paid. i been to several different stores and to machine and had a person tell me the numbers i played. im getting tired of theses people with names that suppose to mean something trying to boss me.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #56506
                              November 21, 2007
                              6537 Posts
                              Posted: June 17, 2013, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here. Confused

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Page 2 of 10