Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

why do black americans rarely win big jackpots

Topic closed. 135 replies. Last post 3 years ago by marcie.

Page 3 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7310 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2013, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

that aint sh*** FOR every black winner i could find 3 non black  winners, look at the show how the lottery changed my life. im not  racist just fact. so please do not starting talking crazy like I know you guys will do

"FOR every black winner i could find 3 non black  winners, look at the show how the lottery changed my life."

According to the 2010 census, Black Americans are 12.6% of the U.S. population. If your statistics, one out of every four jackpot winners is Black is correct, 25% of the jackpot winners are Black. That means twice as many Black Americans are winning jackpots based on their population percentage. If your statistics are correct, Black Americans are purchasing on average twice as many jackpot game tickets and are averaging about the same number of jackpot wins as they should statistically.

There are seven states/jurisdictions including California and Texas that never won a PB jackpot and 29 that haven't won a MM jackpot. Vermont has no second prize winners in PB and only two in MM. We can find the percentage of total ticket sales by Vermont PB and MM players, but I doubt you'll find an actual statistics showing the percentage of ticket purchases made by Black Americans.

For those suggesting the games are rigged preventing any ethnic group from winning the jackpot should at least show an example of how it could be logistically done. Because without it, they have nothing but an extremely biased opinion supported by zero evidence.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2013, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

"FOR every black winner i could find 3 non black  winners, look at the show how the lottery changed my life."

According to the 2010 census, Black Americans are 12.6% of the U.S. population. If your statistics, one out of every four jackpot winners is Black is correct, 25% of the jackpot winners are Black. That means twice as many Black Americans are winning jackpots based on their population percentage. If your statistics are correct, Black Americans are purchasing on average twice as many jackpot game tickets and are averaging about the same number of jackpot wins as they should statistically.

There are seven states/jurisdictions including California and Texas that never won a PB jackpot and 29 that haven't won a MM jackpot. Vermont has no second prize winners in PB and only two in MM. We can find the percentage of total ticket sales by Vermont PB and MM players, but I doubt you'll find an actual statistics showing the percentage of ticket purchases made by Black Americans.

For those suggesting the games are rigged preventing any ethnic group from winning the jackpot should at least show an example of how it could be logistically done. Because without it, they have nothing but an extremely biased opinion supported by zero evidence.

I Agree! Nice work Stack. People who feel sorry for themselves like to cry tears of sadness on LP.

Crying

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
      Denver, Co
      United States
      Member #103046
      December 29, 2010
      546 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2013, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

it usually a colored guy and they win if fair or white skin is their partner or benefits. i want to see 2 black couples or an all colored group win

Seems to me that random is not prejudiced

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

smooth11484's avatar - Lottery-053.jpg
        ohio
        United States
        Member #125198
        March 26, 2012
        1894 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2013, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

SHOW me, 100 mill or more african american jackpot winners? its no point some people will even defend the reasons for slavery existing but thats here nor there

smooth11484's avatar - Lottery-053.jpg
          ohio
          United States
          Member #125198
          March 26, 2012
          1894 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2013, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Nice work Stack. People who feel sorry for themselves like to cry tears of sadness on LP.

Crying

you comment on every thread smh

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7310 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2013, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here. Confused

Even though 99.7% of all purchased PB tickets will not win over $100 ($150 in MM), I believe they still feel cheated because they never won the jackpot. It just can't be because the statistics prove only a tiny percentage of players will win a jackpot, they have to make illogical conclusions why they haven't won.

Saying Mindy gave up her chance of winning the PB jackpot to Gloria makes more sense.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2013, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

My question would be "why haven't we seen any lottery winners wearing a LP cap or shirt?".  Don't LP members play or don't they know how to win?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19826 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2013, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

that aint sh*** FOR every black winner i could find 3 non black  winners, look at the show how the lottery changed my life. im not  racist just fact. so please do not starting talking crazy like I know you guys will do

Why don't you start searching for all the winners and see what you end up with, you might be surprised.  I would do it myself if I had the time or energy.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7310 Posts
                  Posted: June 17, 2013, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

SHOW me, 100 mill or more african american jackpot winners? its no point some people will even defend the reasons for slavery existing but thats here nor there

My point was according to your statistics, Black Americans are proportionally winning more jackpots than the overall population. That could be explained by purchasing a higher percentage of jackpot game tickets. The question here is based on the opinion, proportionally Black Americans win less jackpots without any statistics to back up their claim.

"its no point some people will even defend the reasons for slavery existing but thats here nor there"

The OP is suggesting not only do they rig the drawings, they select lottery agents in areas with a zero Black American population to sell the winning tickets. And all that is hidden from a Black American President who ordered the NSA to track billions of phone calls. 

It's true some people can logically defend the reason for slavery, but so far nobody has logically supported the opinion proportionally Black Americans win less jackpots.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7310 Posts
                    Posted: June 17, 2013, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

My question would be "why haven't we seen any lottery winners wearing a LP cap or shirt?".  Don't LP members play or don't they know how to win?

Headlines: Jackpot winner was waiting for a LP cap and shirt to arrive before validating a jackpot winning ticket.

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                      rekjavik
                      Iceland
                      Member #99537
                      October 27, 2010
                      177 Posts
                      Posted: June 17, 2013, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

When I was growing up I was always told that, the lottery is just a waste of money.

Me and my friends did not play the lottery until the pot was REALLY high...

So this maybe the simple reason why you do not see a great number of black lottery players...

Its not that we dont play, we just dont play that much. But I could be wrong...Cheers

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5120 Posts
                        Posted: June 17, 2013, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

i came to this conclusion. the usa through false teachings have attached badness and negativity with a skin color or class of people. i remember in school they explain black is not a color in a rainbow, even the bible characterize dark or black as bad. this country was raised on they idea of taking blessings from african americans.

so many of us dont bother too play because we know its rigged.they easy pick people by cameras.

cspl:

I Agree!>>>>>>>>we have many ???????????????????????>>>>>>THAT MUST B ANSWERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank GOD>>>>>4>>>>>TODD  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>Like that line cause, it "RHTYME'SSS!!

Big Grin AngelTHANK GOD 4>TODDBig Grin Angeland D >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOTTERY POST>>>>WARNING!!!!!!!!!

"No legimate lottery will ask you for money up-front"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"HOW CAN WE STOP THIS FRAUD"???

WHAT is D SKIN "COLOR" of dis FRAUD:

(1) Do they pick black?

(2) Do they pick white?

(3) Do they pick lite???

(4) Do they pick dark??

(5) Do they pick color?????????????????

(5) BILLION'$ FRAUD>from US people!

Thank GOD 4 Todd  cause it rhtymes!!

United States
                          Member #135920
                          November 30, 2012
                          1262 Posts
                          Posted: June 17, 2013, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

What a dumb azz ?....gotta be the dumbest post ,,,since i posted ...who farted....lmao

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: June 17, 2013, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Obviously Stack did an outstanding job pointing out the differences in population among blacks and whites. I had a similar debate with a guy years ago who claimed that whites cause more crime, yet when I pointed out that the higher ratio of crime was being commited with blacks because of the smaller population of blacks, he couldn't grasp it. You can't argue with ignorant people.

Another debate was with a friend of mine who was white and intelligent. He claimed that there were less fatalities flying than driving a car, but he didn't take in to account that there are many more cars driving at any given point during waking hours than planes flying in the air, so his stats were flawed. At any given time from morning till night, there are about 3,000 planes in the air, yet there are hundreds of millions of cars on the road during that same time period, so obviously you'll have higher fatality rates. And he too didn't want to admit he was wrong.

As far as the racism amongst the officials in the lottery office denying winning tickets to blacks, well, that's just absurd. Some here showed many blacks winning. If someone really believes there are hidden cameras watching people purchasing tickets with some computer program designed to cut back on blacks winning, needs to see a shrink. Even though I believe the Government is systematically encroaching onto our personal lives, especially in recent news, in no way would they spend that much money on logistics to ensure blacks won less than whites. Total paranoia there..lol

Lastly, there was slavery in just about every country throughout history. In fact, blacks had slaves before whites did. So please get your facts straight before you spew your nonsense. I'm not saying that racism is totally wiped out, but your assertions concerning the lottery and racism are rediculous.

BTW, neither black or white is considered a color. In fact, white is a mixture of the rainbow colors. That's why if you shine white light through a prism, you'll get a rainbow of colors. Again, get your facts straight.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10351 Posts
                              Posted: June 17, 2013, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Approximately 12% of the U.S. population is black (as Stack poointed out) yet 18% of federal employees are black.

Funny how people who start discussions such as this one never point out such things as disproportionate.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Page 3 of 10