Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

why do black americans rarely win big jackpots

Topic closed. 135 replies. Last post 3 years ago by marcie.

Page 5 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #87423
February 24, 2010
93 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2013, 6:30 am - IP Logged

some people who are considered ignorant or being ignored.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
    Member #142499
    May 13, 2013
    1186 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2013, 7:34 am - IP Logged

people source of income is publicize. im tired of those around knowing how i live and i domt know much on them. the try to stwp in my life and control and think im suppose to make wonders out of nickels and dimes. its obvious they are a private network. let the next person come to me incorrectly with no respect. they feel they got authority on there side and set poor people up with people who dont believe them. im tired of the public vs private.

suppose to get that negative force off of me immediately

Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Did you miss your meds?

Hon, send me a private message and tell me where you live. I'll get someone to pick you up and get you to the psych ward at Bellevue, or any accredited psych institution. Don't be afraid. This'll be for your own good. 

You shouldn't be left on your own. No one should be walking around thinking like you do without some board certified shrink treating you on a regular basis. 

Something ain't right. Seriously. I'm not kidding. You really need to see someone. 

I'll even find someone suitably dark for you so you'll won't be afraid of who's watching you and recording your movements. 

Stretch Now just take your lithium and go have a little nap.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40613 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2013, 10:11 am - IP Logged

they using these cameras and the state lottery has their group tney want to get paid. i been to several different stores and to machine and had a person tell me the numbers i played. im getting tired of theses people with names that suppose to mean something trying to boss me.

Green laugh Don't go away angry, just go away!

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
        Beautiful Florida
        United States
        Member #5709
        July 18, 2004
        20126 Posts
        Posted: June 18, 2013, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Get back on those Meds. Then call Obammy when he gets back and explain situation to him.

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10356 Posts
          Posted: June 18, 2013, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Everybody posting on this board with the exception of sample and smooth know that the only color the lotteries are really concerned with is GREEN $$$$$$$$$$$.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

olplugger's avatar - moon2
            Mechanicsville, VA
            United States
            Member #84145
            December 23, 2009
            1523 Posts
            Posted: June 18, 2013, 10:52 am - IP Logged

YouR statement is obviously made without the facts. It's like when people say: " Why is it that this or that state always win the jackpot". You have to look at the demographics. Many blacks have won the lottery and so have hispanics and whites. Just worry about yourself winning. As long as you have the right numbers, it don't matter what race or color you are. If you really feel that the lottery is rigged, the solution is simple: STOP PLAYING!

I Agree!

Well Said!

"Whatever the human mind can conceive and believe it can achieve."

Napoleon Hill, Author of "Think & Grow Rich"

Toronto
              Canada
              Member #138397
              January 26, 2013
              179 Posts
              Posted: June 18, 2013, 11:30 am - IP Logged

some people who are considered ignorant or being ignored.

While I agree with their statements in this case, it amazes and saddens me how the EXACT same people who accuse me of being rude/arrogant for being logical about how the lottery CANNOT be beat are being so rude to this guy. Hypocrites much?

(there are a few exceptions though)

Well, at least now you guys understand how I feel when I see people who keep refusing to accept the simple fact that the lottery is fair and random, you can't calculate the draw from previous draws. It's the exact same thing here.

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: June 18, 2013, 11:36 am - IP Logged

While I agree with their statements in this case, it amazes and saddens me how the EXACT same people who accuse me of being rude/arrogant for being logical about how the lottery CANNOT be beat are being so rude to this guy. Hypocrites much?

Well, at least now you guys understand how I feel when I see people who keep refusing to accept the simple fact that the lottery is fair and random, you can't calculate the draw from previous draws. It's the exact same thing here.

Some of us here do think we can get BETTER ODDS by using strategic methods instead of randomness.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: June 18, 2013, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Perhaps being a white person is also helpful? After all, 75% of winners are white.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7325 Posts
                    Posted: June 18, 2013, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

Approximately 12% of the U.S. population is black (as Stack poointed out) yet 18% of federal employees are black.

Funny how people who start discussions such as this one never point out such things as disproportionate.

I don't know the percentage of Federal offices that are in D.C., but I know the population of D.C. is 50.7% Black Americans. Depending on the demographics where all the Federal offices are located, 18% could be proportionally low.

The OP is an opinion and with zero evidence to back up their claim so it's just a wild assumption. Even if the proportions were known, it won't prevent or persuade anyone of any color buying a ticket.

United States
                      Member #128790
                      June 2, 2012
                      5431 Posts
                      Posted: June 18, 2013, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

We're not being rude, we're just pointing out how idiotic his thread is, just like your posts past and present.

Well, at least now you guys understand how I feel when I see people who keep refusing to accept the simple fact that the lottery is fair and random, you can't calculate the draw from previous draws.

Well that's the final judgement on this everyone. What YOYO says is the GOLDEN truth because Peter St. Pierre who makes 70 grand a year for the last 5 years is just a very lucky person, because YOYO says NO ONE can calculate the draws from previous ones.

Dang, I wish I was as lucky as Peter.

YOYO, please get some help immediately. Crazy

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4808 Posts
                        Posted: June 18, 2013, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I don't know the percentage of Federal offices that are in D.C., but I know the population of D.C. is 50.7% Black Americans. Depending on the demographics where all the Federal offices are located, 18% could be proportionally low.

The OP is an opinion and with zero evidence to back up their claim so it's just a wild assumption. Even if the proportions were known, it won't prevent or persuade anyone of any color buying a ticket.

But people who work in DC, also live in VA or MD...so 18% sounds right to me. And actually, living in the area, the black population in DC fell below 50% for the first time in 2011. And the fed govt. is not the only employer in DC.  There is the local DC government, etc. and many private employers.

J'aime La France.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                          Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6290 Posts
                          Posted: June 18, 2013, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

He doesn't care about what Mrs.Louise White won or even that she wasn't white, he probably thinks she won because she acted "white".  After all he wrote when colored people win either they or their partners are too light.  He probably doesn't think all Americans of color are black even if they have relatives from Africa.

LOL or that her last name was White Green laugh

I Love Pink & Green 1908

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
                            Member #142777
                            May 18, 2013
                            263 Posts
                            Posted: June 18, 2013, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

i came to this conclusion. the usa through false teachings have attached badness and negativity with a skin color or class of people. i remember in school they explain black is not a color in a rainbow, even the bible characterize dark or black as bad. this country was raised on they idea of taking blessings from african americans.

so many of us dont bother too play because we know its rigged.they easy pick people by cameras.

Your not even a good TROLL but i see you got your view count up haha!Big Grin

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

NY
                              United States
                              Member #23835
                              October 16, 2005
                              3475 Posts
                              Posted: June 19, 2013, 2:56 am - IP Logged

i came to this conclusion. the usa through false teachings have attached badness and negativity with a skin color or class of people. i remember in school they explain black is not a color in a rainbow, even the bible characterize dark or black as bad. this country was raised on they idea of taking blessings from african americans.

so many of us dont bother too play because we know its rigged.they easy pick people by cameras.

Black people rarely win jackpots for two reasons.

1. Black people are a minority. There are fewer black people, so as a result of simple probability they win fewer jackpots.

2. Many black people don't bother to play because they know it's rigged. People who don't play don't win.

Page 5 of 10