Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

why do black americans rarely win big jackpots

Topic closed. 135 replies. Last post 4 years ago by marcie.

Page 4 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2013, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

that aint sh*** FOR every black winner i could find 3 non black  winners, look at the show how the lottery changed my life. im not  racist just fact. so please do not starting talking crazy like I know you guys will do

If what you and stoolsample76 are saying is true, you'd have to be incredibly stupid to be playing the lottery.

You're not playing are you?

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2013, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Approximately 12% of the U.S. population is black (as Stack poointed out) yet 18% of federal employees are black.

Funny how people who start discussions such as this one never point out such things as disproportionate.

I'm hoping I'm the only one who just got this thought, although I doubt it. lol

"There's nothing wrong with ignorance. It's what you do to lessen it's influence on your life by educating yourself, which is what counts." Now that's a Million dollar quote. Of course after I leave this planet. lol

ESCARGOT!

Green laugh

Thanks Cointoss. It's part of LP life right? Green laugh

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5143 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2013, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

If what you and stoolsample76 are saying is true, you'd have to be incredibly stupid to be playing the lottery.

You're not playing are you?

THANG "GOD" for >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TODD>>>>>>>>>>don't get RIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd does not cook bok'sssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cussing Face>>>>todd>>BARB>B>QUE'sssssssssssssss!!!!

Partydon't sprinkle drug's on SMAK'sParty

Thank GOD 4 Todd >>>>>it >RHYMEYOUALL!!!

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2013, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5143 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2013, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

THANG "GOD" for >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TODD>>>>>>>>>>don't get RIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd does not cook bok'sssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cussing Face>>>>todd>>BARB>B>QUE'sssssssssssssss!!!!

Partydon't sprinkle drug's on SMAK'sParty

Thank GOD 4 Todd >>>>>it >RHYMEYOUALL!!!

BUY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>REI>>>>>>>>>>>>investment>>>>>>>>>TRUST>>>>>>>>>>>>>

START with D>>>>>>>>>>>>>>REAL>>>>>>>>>>>ESTATE>>>>>>>>>>>>MARKET>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!

puur>>>> D..........>>>>>>>>>>TODD>>>>>>>>>>LOST>D>>>>>>>>>>>>MARKET on dis ONE!!!!!!

WARNING: don't get ripped>>>off!!!!!!!!

(D) president will set U free RD bad pres

Mail For YouBedBedMail For You>thank>U>PRESIDENT!!!

his researd must B>>>"TRUSTED"!!!!!!!!PartyHurray!PartyHE>>>IS GREAT PREZ!!!

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2013, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
              Connecticut
              United States
              Member #61623
              May 29, 2008
              20581 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2013, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

i came to this conclusion. the usa through false teachings have attached badness and negativity with a skin color or class of people. i remember in school they explain black is not a color in a rainbow, even the bible characterize dark or black as bad. this country was raised on they idea of taking blessings from african americans.

so many of us dont bother too play because we know its rigged.they easy pick people by cameras.

I can't even believe this would remotely be up for discussion.

...and I thought Rosa Delauro took the cake

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                East of Columbus, OH
                United States
                Member #120843
                December 28, 2011
                451 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2013, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Seriously???

Me thinks you are just trolling.

I thought the exact same thing. Roll Eyes

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                  Member #142499
                  May 13, 2013
                  1203 Posts
                  Posted: June 17, 2013, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

i came to this conclusion. the usa through false teachings have attached badness and negativity with a skin color or class of people. i remember in school they explain black is not a color in a rainbow, even the bible characterize dark or black as bad. this country was raised on they idea of taking blessings from african americans.

so many of us dont bother too play because we know its rigged.they easy pick people by cameras.

I didn't want to respond to this and therefore keep it at the top, but as a non-white person (and I really didn't need to announce that except I need you to hear me) stop it. Either you're someone masquerading as black person to draw people's ire, or I feel sorry for whoever warped your views into such racist nonsense. I don't even know if you realize what a disservice you do to the rest of us when you spout off such crap. 

As a wise man once said:

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;  None but ourselves can free our minds.

You, sir, are still living in a mindset of deep mental slavery and everything bad is someone elses fault. LET IT GO! Or if you're going to believe everything is rigged, skewed, unfair, the VERY LEAST YOU CAN DO is research your facts, plug in the numbers to see if your opinion actually has any BASIS IN FACT! With all the black people in the news winning JPs, you should have at least paused to see if you'd end up looking like a moron if you made such a claim that wasn't supported by any evidence

When you make these baseless accusations all you're doing is keeping racism alive and well.  Don't you have anything better to do? 

No No

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6305 Posts
                    Posted: June 17, 2013, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Why would you say these things? You know darn well the lottery is not racist. Mrs Louise White won $336 million dollars in Rhode Island for Pete's Sake!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19900 Posts
                      Posted: June 18, 2013, 12:08 am - IP Logged

Why would you say these things? You know darn well the lottery is not racist. Mrs Louise White won $336 million dollars in Rhode Island for Pete's Sake!

He doesn't care about what Mrs.Louise White won or even that she wasn't white, he probably thinks she won because she acted "white".  After all he wrote when colored people win either they or their partners are too light.  He probably doesn't think all Americans of color are black even if they have relatives from Africa.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                        Whiskey Island
                        United States
                        Member #90216
                        April 24, 2010
                        12808 Posts
                        Posted: June 18, 2013, 12:16 am - IP Logged

The Lottery does not care if your Yellow , Green , Black ,White ,Blue or even Purple . All thats matters if you bought the tickets that matches the drawn digits !

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #92330
                          June 5, 2010
                          887 Posts
                          Posted: June 18, 2013, 12:30 am - IP Logged

The same reason midgets, billionaires and aborigines rarely - or never - win.

The lottery commission follows those people around and make note of their numbers and then rig the drawings so they don't stand a chance. Next time you see a white person in line behind a black person playing the lottery, that's an agent of the commission. It's because of people like that the black community made the movie "Lottery Ticket", sort of as a nod to the white man that they know the only way they can win their game is by doing so in a fictional setting.

So, do I win the "let's make a wild claim that is factually false" game?

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #74096
                            May 2, 2009
                            23235 Posts
                            Posted: June 18, 2013, 1:28 am - IP Logged

they using these cameras and the state lottery has their group tney want to get paid. i been to several different stores and to machine and had a person tell me the numbers i played. im getting tired of theses people with names that suppose to mean something trying to boss me.

What?....'had a person tell you what numbers you played'??
                            Um, if you hand a playslip over, you'll have that.

The only group being paid are the ones who have the right winning combination. My group of me, myself and I
                            don't get paid often in these big games. I'm lucky if I win a bonus number.

The black man who was in line a day before winning $400+ on something must've been being watched!! because
                            they, by <snip>ed, let him win...I was standing right next to him, why not me? They didn't like my shirt? My hair?
                            My breath?...darn then by what you say, I know it wasn't my skin color because he was darker than ME! And if
                            we believe you, he shouldn't have won at all. If I thought like you, I would be saying: The lottery doesn't let
                            people wearing blue win the big lottery....they 'watch' them..and give the wins to people wearing white.
                            How dumb is that?

There is no one watching you...they don't give wins to all the white people..this man who won the $400+ wins
                            a lot and I'll be...he's so black he's almost blue. Don't the cameras work in my neck of the woods or is it just
                            true anyone can win?

I don't care who wins, I'm happy for any winner and don't cry foul or discrimination when someone of color wins.
                            Chinese, Japanese, Hispanic, African American, White...anyone can win.

It's not your color, it's your numbers. Get some new ones.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

010 122 963 824 684 584 0000 6837 4061 1207 2319 4901 1009 1347 1537

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                              Wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #123290
                              February 17, 2012
                              3087 Posts
                              Posted: June 18, 2013, 5:23 am - IP Logged

I can't even believe this would remotely be up for discussion.

...and I thought Rosa Delauro took the cake

Had to google Rosa Delauro.

This has been up for discussion before and then the older black women won

Powerball and the one who started the thread pretty much disappeared. lol

Page 4 of 10