Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia Lottery Scratch Offs

1122 replies. Last post 2 days ago by Dracos.

Page 44 of 75
PrintE-mailLink
Georgia
United States
Member #158146
August 13, 2014
76 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2014, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

The reason people have to "go big" after "starting small" is because small didn't get them anywhere. Choose three cards with several large top prizes left, say two $10 cards and a $20, and stick with them.

I don't spend much money on cards $5 or less, because the top prizes aren't high enough to allow me to retire. After taking the lump sum and paying federal and state taxes, it wouldn't be enough to live on for more than a few years, so I'd have to keep on working. 

Stick with the $10s and $20s, and good luck! Smile

Sounds like a plan. I have the exact same thinking. Thanks

PA
    United States
    Member #129849
    June 29, 2012
    308 Posts
    Posted: September 9, 2014, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Some of the posts in here made me remember another piece of advice for you.

Some regular players scoff at the "lower" price tickets because of the relatively smaller top prizes. My advice is not to do that and this is why.

In the other thread I told you about how for my really small small town we have had winners of 30K, two 100K's, two 250K's and a 300K in just

the last few years, I forgot to mention that one of the two 100K's were on a $5 scratcher and the smallest of the wins, the 30K win, came on a $30

ticket that just came out in PA. It's the most expensive ticket I've ever seen in PA and we haven't had anything larger than twenty in at least 10 or more

years. While it's true the more expensive tickets have higher prizes, the little ones still have some great prizes. 20K, 30K or even 50K might not be enough

for you to quit working forever but it really can give you a lot of financial security!

Secondly, if your state has it, make sure to check the remaining prizes for the tickets your going to play regularly. I'm more of a numbers kinda guy myself so I 

like to go on an analyze the payouts over the ticket costs and the odds and so on. For example, PA came out with a $20 ticket called "Golden Ticket" recently and while it's odds are somewhat in line with the rest of the other $20 scratch cards... it seems to have way more $250 and $500 winners and less of the prizes in the range of $5K - $10K. Which is fine by me, because on anything under $600 you do not have to report it! Here in PA if you hit anything over $600 they automatically give you a claim form and file the win so that uncle sam gets his share. This is apposed to the very newest $20 which has way less $250 and $500 winners but has more higher priced winners. Your odds are not as good to hit a bigger winner, and then if you do hit you have to give some of it back!

Also golden ticket still has 4 of it's top prizes of $1,000,000.00 left. So I am more inclined to play it, than say a ticket that might only have one or two left. I'm more or less "playing" for those $500 and $250 wins but by playing tickets with more top prizes left I still have a "chance" at winning those as well.

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
      Member #158848
      September 5, 2014
      294 Posts
      Posted: September 10, 2014, 2:12 am - IP Logged

Different strokes for different folks. I'll stick with the $10 and up cards. 

I make more than 50K a year at my job, so winning 50K wouldn't allow me to quit working for even a year. It wouldn't even pay off my mortgage. Not much financial security to speak of, I'm afraid.

I live in NC, but I live close enough to Georgia and Virginia that I'm able to make an occasional trip to those states to stock up on their best scratchers also.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

Georgia
        United States
        Member #158146
        August 13, 2014
        76 Posts
        Posted: September 10, 2014, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Some of the posts in here made me remember another piece of advice for you.

Some regular players scoff at the "lower" price tickets because of the relatively smaller top prizes. My advice is not to do that and this is why.

In the other thread I told you about how for my really small small town we have had winners of 30K, two 100K's, two 250K's and a 300K in just

the last few years, I forgot to mention that one of the two 100K's were on a $5 scratcher and the smallest of the wins, the 30K win, came on a $30

ticket that just came out in PA. It's the most expensive ticket I've ever seen in PA and we haven't had anything larger than twenty in at least 10 or more

years. While it's true the more expensive tickets have higher prizes, the little ones still have some great prizes. 20K, 30K or even 50K might not be enough

for you to quit working forever but it really can give you a lot of financial security!

Secondly, if your state has it, make sure to check the remaining prizes for the tickets your going to play regularly. I'm more of a numbers kinda guy myself so I 

like to go on an analyze the payouts over the ticket costs and the odds and so on. For example, PA came out with a $20 ticket called "Golden Ticket" recently and while it's odds are somewhat in line with the rest of the other $20 scratch cards... it seems to have way more $250 and $500 winners and less of the prizes in the range of $5K - $10K. Which is fine by me, because on anything under $600 you do not have to report it! Here in PA if you hit anything over $600 they automatically give you a claim form and file the win so that uncle sam gets his share. This is apposed to the very newest $20 which has way less $250 and $500 winners but has more higher priced winners. Your odds are not as good to hit a bigger winner, and then if you do hit you have to give some of it back!

Also golden ticket still has 4 of it's top prizes of $1,000,000.00 left. So I am more inclined to play it, than say a ticket that might only have one or two left. I'm more or less "playing" for those $500 and $250 wins but by playing tickets with more top prizes left I still have a "chance" at winning those as well.

I totally agree! If I won $5k, even though I must pay tax, that at least pays off a few bills I won't have to see again. I live well beneath my means. Besides, it would be nice to see a $500 win (tax free) and spread it out over a few weeks. My theory is, play the tickets that haven't been claimed yet first. Depending on how many get claimed from the new tickets, some of the remaining tickets may start to surface after a month or two has gone by if half the new tickets have been claimed. For example, there are 5 jackpot tickets available for the $5 game 21 Series. It came out about a month ago. 3 have been claimed already. I'm not touching that one. I may try a $5 ticket that has been out since last year cause they could be ready to get those games out of the way before the holiday season rolls around. That's just my theory.

Georgia
          United States
          Member #158146
          August 13, 2014
          76 Posts
          Posted: September 10, 2014, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Different strokes for different folks. I'll stick with the $10 and up cards. 

I make more than 50K a year at my job, so winning 50K wouldn't allow me to quit working for even a year. It wouldn't even pay off my mortgage. Not much financial security to speak of, I'm afraid.

I live in NC, but I live close enough to Georgia and Virginia that I'm able to make an occasional trip to those states to stock up on their best scratchers also.

Believe me, I hear ya. I'm trying to hit something over $250k if possible. But I sure wouldn't be crying if I only won $5k right now. Big Smile

Georgia
            United States
            Member #158146
            August 13, 2014
            76 Posts
            Posted: September 10, 2014, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys,

Here's some notes I made from the Ga Lottery site for updates on the scratchers. Apparently, they updated the list of prizes claimed on the scratch-off games as of Sunday. However, the winners list has also been updated and some winners are in newsfeed instead of the winners story area.

In Fitzgerald, $500k winner in 21 Black Series

In Savannah, $2.5 million winner in the Millionaire Jumbo Bucks (760,845). This appears to be the last ticket with that prize. Still prizes for the $5 million jackpot but that is a different series game. 

In Thomasville, $100k winner in the 50X The Money

In Griffin, (near my house :-( $500k winner in the 21 Black Series

In Cedartown, $500k winner in 21 Black Series

In Cedartown, $250k winner in 21 Black Series

All of these stories I pulled that are dated as of 9/5 are from the winners page, newsfeed and the top prizes claimed page.

Good luck!

Atlanta, GA
              United States
              Member #153005
              March 3, 2014
              331 Posts
              Posted: September 10, 2014, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Tried 2 of the $10 $1,250,000 Cash Bonanza's (#019 & #018) and on #019 I won $15. $5 loss ain't too bad, but hopefully I'll be hitting profits again soon. 

About those posts above, I tend to stick to $10 tickets just because I have the best luck on them. My luck isn't too great on $20 tickets. The most I have won on a $20 ticket is $100. The jackpots are nice on $20 tickets, but the risk of losing $20 is why I don't play them too often. $20 losers can definitely add up quickly. Winning a jackpot would be amazing, but I'm happy with $100, $500 and $1000 prizes. I tend to stick to the tickets that have the best odds of winning $200-$1000 when I can.

Georgia
                United States
                Member #158146
                August 13, 2014
                76 Posts
                Posted: September 10, 2014, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Tried 2 of the $10 $1,250,000 Cash Bonanza's (#019 & #018) and on #019 I won $15. $5 loss ain't too bad, but hopefully I'll be hitting profits again soon. 

About those posts above, I tend to stick to $10 tickets just because I have the best luck on them. My luck isn't too great on $20 tickets. The most I have won on a $20 ticket is $100. The jackpots are nice on $20 tickets, but the risk of losing $20 is why I don't play them too often. $20 losers can definitely add up quickly. Winning a jackpot would be amazing, but I'm happy with $100, $500 and $1000 prizes. I tend to stick to the tickets that have the best odds of winning $200-$1000 when I can.

Ikr! I think multiple people have said to spend what you won't miss. I think tomorrow I will try the new $10 Bonanza. But I do tend to spend at least $50 bucks on those. If I don't win, I figured, i might get something back if I spend another $20. Look at it this way, if you spend $100 on $10 tickets, you have practically bought almost half the book anyway, depending on what number you buy first. That is the tough thing to decide when buying from a machine. Which is where I usually will buy from. But tomorrow, I think I'll hit up one of my favorite stores so I'll know what numbers I'm buying or at least see what's still left in the case.

United States
                  Member #158848
                  September 5, 2014
                  294 Posts
                  Posted: September 11, 2014, 1:33 am - IP Logged

Believe me, I hear ya. I'm trying to hit something over $250k if possible. But I sure wouldn't be crying if I only won $5k right now. Big Smile

I'm happy to break even some weeks!  Banana

I've had my best luck buying ten $10 cards at a time.

Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #158146
                    August 13, 2014
                    76 Posts
                    Posted: September 11, 2014, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

I'm happy to break even some weeks!  Banana

I've had my best luck buying ten $10 cards at a time.

Cool! I didn't get my cash this week to play like I wanted but I did spend $20 on the Falcon's Player Payday.

I bought them all from the machine. 014-017

014- loser

015- loser

016- ticket

017- loser

I can almost bet, if I were to purchase five more, it probably would be $20 bucks worth of winners. Oh well, at least I got it out of my system. 

I might not try again until tomorrow or next week. One thing I noticed is that use the same winning numbers on all the tickets. They use numbers 1-40. Something has got to be shady about this. I see the number 14 was used on 3 out of 4 tickets as a winning number. While the number 13 was in the play area on all 4. Why are they reusing the same numbers on multiple tickets? I would think the odds would be better if the numbers weren't so limited and reused so much on 3 back to back tickets like that. ijs Oh well...good luck to everyone still! Not giving up, just changing my games.

United States
                      Member #158848
                      September 5, 2014
                      294 Posts
                      Posted: September 11, 2014, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

I recommend the $1,250,000 Cash Bonanza. New card with plenty of top and second prizes left.

Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #158146
                        August 13, 2014
                        76 Posts
                        Posted: September 11, 2014, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

I recommend the $1,250,000 Cash Bonanza. New card with plenty of top and second prizes left.

That game was actually my first choice. I should have stuck to it. oh well.. I'll try those next time.

United States
                          Member #158848
                          September 5, 2014
                          294 Posts
                          Posted: September 12, 2014, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Do not buy $1,000,000 Gold Rush ($10) - only one top prize left.

SARASOTA, FL
                            United States
                            Member #95778
                            August 17, 2010
                            1093 Posts
                            Posted: September 12, 2014, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

bought a couple 100X here n there and got these two - oddball mix of winning values - eh what ?  :)

United States
                              Member #158848
                              September 5, 2014
                              294 Posts
                              Posted: September 12, 2014, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Nice winners, skeptic, but didn't you mean to post them in the Florida scratchers thread rather than Georgia?  Smile

Page 44 of 75