Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia Lottery Scratch Offs

1122 replies. Last post 20 hours ago by Dracos.

Page 46 of 75
PrintE-mailLink
Georgia
United States
Member #158146
August 13, 2014
76 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2014, 6:37 am - IP Logged

When I have a hundred bucks to spend, I usually do better when I buy ten $10 cards, than when I buy five $20 cards. More chances to win, plain and simple.

I'll remember that today. I'm buying more tickets throughout the week. I'm not looking to buy any books this time. My last experience was awful. Went to two different stores and lost half the money.

Georgia
    United States
    Member #158146
    August 13, 2014
    76 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2014, 8:29 am - IP Logged

I went to the Publix this morning to cash in the $110 tickets I had. I bought an array of tickets. Here's  what I got:

3 $10 Cash King

017- Ticket

018- $30

019- loser

2 $5 Falcons Player Payday

015- loser

016- $8

3 $30 -Cash Spectacular

000- loser

001- loser

002- loser

7 $10 Million Match

021- loser?

022- loser

023- loser?

024- $15

025- loser?

026- loser

027- loser

The reason I have loser with a question mark is because, I'm not sure what symbol is suppose to be the winner under the bonus area for $100. I don't know how to upload a pic from my phone or my galaxy tab but it's says 'bar'. Not sure if it's suppose to say "gold" like in the picture or what. I highly doubt I won $300 from this stack. Just wasn't sure. I didn't feel like walking back to the store just to check. So, at this store I spent $200 and I only won $53. I know you guys don't normally spread it out like that but I figured I'd try a different method. Besides, that was the last of the$30 tickets in the machine. At least, I got second chance with the $30 Cash Spectacular. I did put in $10 for the Powerball tonight.  Good luck everyone!

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
      Member #158848
      September 5, 2014
      294 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2014, 10:53 am - IP Logged

I see you decided to play the $10M Cash Spectacular, luckyladie. You previously mentioned that $30 was more than you wanted to spend on a scratcher, but I see the chance of winning $10M lured you in! Big Grin

Don't overlook the $1,250,000 Cash Bonanza - last time I checked all the top prizes were left.

I never buy by the book/pack, nor from vending machines. I only buy at places that sell from a good old-fashioned roll, preferably in a small town. Here in NC, a lot of the big scratcher wins are in small towns.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

Georgia
        United States
        Member #158146
        August 13, 2014
        76 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2014, 11:03 am - IP Logged

I see you decided to play the $10M Cash Spectacular, luckyladie. You previously mentioned that $30 was more than you wanted to spend on a scratcher, but I see the chance of winning $10M lured you in! Big Grin

Don't overlook the $1,250,000 Cash Bonanza - last time I checked all the top prizes were left.

I never buy by the book/pack, nor from vending machines. I only buy at places that sell from a good old-fashioned roll, preferably in a small town. Here in NC, a lot of the big scratcher wins are in small towns.

Yep! I'm just not sure if the store that is closest to me right now will have a jackpot winner since they just had a $20k from the $10 Maximum Fortune game back in June. That is the only big prize winner i have seen from this store since i moved to the area back in 2012.

United States
          Member #158848
          September 5, 2014
          294 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2014, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Yep! I'm just not sure if the store that is closest to me right now will have a jackpot winner since they just had a $20k from the $10 Maximum Fortune game back in June. That is the only big prize winner i have seen from this store since i moved to the area back in 2012.

I can't speak for Georgia, but here in NC there usually aren't back to back big winners at the same store in a short time span. If a store in my area has sold a recent big winner, I try to buy elsewhere for at least a few months.

United States
            Member #158848
            September 5, 2014
            294 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2014, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

It's about time for me to head for Georgia to stock up on some Cash Spectaculars and Cash Bonanzas! Cool

Georgia
              United States
              Member #158146
              August 13, 2014
              76 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2014, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

I cashed my winnings in for $63 and got $100 worth of $10 Cash Bonanza. That's tickets 013-022. The only winners were 015, 021 and 022. Those winners were $45. :( That might be enough for me today.

Douglasville, GA
                United States
                Member #126604
                April 12, 2012
                869 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2014, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

I cashed my winnings in for $63 and got $100 worth of $10 Cash Bonanza. That's tickets 013-022. The only winners were 015, 021 and 022. Those winners were $45. :( That might be enough for me today.

Hey Luckyladie! No taxes on $1000 winners. You do have to claim it on your taxes though. I have never claimed at the airport because it is too hard to get in and out of. They have better hours though. I need to leave these alone for awhile and enjoy some of my winnings. GA lottery will turn on you very quickly. I was getting a $500 winner every week for about 2 months then hit a dry spell. That is when you give all of your winnings back. Good luck!

2014 $500+ Wins: 2 - $500 Luck Loot, 2 - $500 Millionaire Jumbo Bucks, 2 - $500 50X the Money, 8 - $500 Cash Spectacular, 1 - $1,000 Monopoly Millionaire, 3 - $1,000 Cash Spectacular, 1 - $500 - $7500 a Week for Life, 1 - $500 100X the Money

Atlanta, GA
                  United States
                  Member #153005
                  March 3, 2014
                  331 Posts
                  Posted: September 24, 2014, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Tried 1 $5 Cadillac Riches (#034) and 1 $5 Hit $500! (#041) and both of them lost.

I think I'll stick with the Cadillac Riches ticket. Its made differently and the font is also different which is cool I guess.

Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #158146
                    August 13, 2014
                    76 Posts
                    Posted: September 24, 2014, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Hey Luckyladie! No taxes on $1000 winners. You do have to claim it on your taxes though. I have never claimed at the airport because it is too hard to get in and out of. They have better hours though. I need to leave these alone for awhile and enjoy some of my winnings. GA lottery will turn on you very quickly. I was getting a $500 winner every week for about 2 months then hit a dry spell. That is when you give all of your winnings back. Good luck!

Cool! At least the $1000 doesn't get taxed. It won't hurt me none for filing next year. All of my income so far is non taxable and I get write offs. I started to save my losing tickets too.

I haven't played in awhile so I'm getting a bit anxious about hitting a big one. I don't get many and the most I have ever won on a single scratcher is $100. Gosh! My pool of playing money is almost dry. I might hit my favorite store later tonite.

Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #158146
                      August 13, 2014
                      76 Posts
                      Posted: September 24, 2014, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Tried 1 $5 Cadillac Riches (#034) and 1 $5 Hit $500! (#041) and both of them lost.

I think I'll stick with the Cadillac Riches ticket. Its made differently and the font is also different which is cool I guess.

I passed on it earlier when I saw it. I really wish so many games weren't out all at once. Still a lot of new scratchers with prizes that haven't been claimed yet. A store I used to visit sold a $1 million $20 Extravangza ticket. That ticket was on my list but it wasn't in the area I had in mind tho. uuggghhhh!

Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #158146
                        August 13, 2014
                        76 Posts
                        Posted: September 27, 2014, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

What's good everyone? I've been spending between $50 and $100 on the Cash Bonanza. I only get back like $30 after spending $50 and maybe $60 after spending $100. The $30 tickets aren't so great either. I've tried almost ever store I normally shop at. Nothing to brag about. I did buy $100 worth of $20 21 Series Black tickets and won $70. I entered the losers in the drawing for the Kia Soul truck. I'd like to win that and give it to my son. At least that ticket offers something else to win. 

The new Cadillac game sucks. I haven't got much luck on that. Spent $50 and won $25 back. OH well...I can't spend everyday. This is getting depressing. Unhappy

United States
                          Member #158848
                          September 5, 2014
                          294 Posts
                          Posted: September 27, 2014, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

What's good everyone? I've been spending between $50 and $100 on the Cash Bonanza. I only get back like $30 after spending $50 and maybe $60 after spending $100. The $30 tickets aren't so great either. I've tried almost ever store I normally shop at. Nothing to brag about. I did buy $100 worth of $20 21 Series Black tickets and won $70. I entered the losers in the drawing for the Kia Soul truck. I'd like to win that and give it to my son. At least that ticket offers something else to win. 

The new Cadillac game sucks. I haven't got much luck on that. Spent $50 and won $25 back. OH well...I can't spend everyday. This is getting depressing. Unhappy

Don't spend more than you can afford, but keep playing! One thing is for sure - you can't win if you don't play. And keep registering for those second chance prizes as often as you can.

I like to stick with the best two $10 cards and the best $20 card. I don't spread myself too thin by buying 15 different cards, nor by buying different cards every time I walk in a store.

What area are you buying them in? I can't speak for Georgia, but in NC a substantial number of the big winners are hit in smaller cities/towns. I always try to buy in those areas, rather than in large cities.

Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #153005
                            March 3, 2014
                            331 Posts
                            Posted: September 27, 2014, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

My awful luck just keeps going. Spent $35 today and won back ZERO. 

I got 2 Cash Bonanza's, 5 $25,000 Paydays and 1 Mega Money Madness. This is just terrible! 

Limiting myself to $10 most weeks now until I can find a $50 winner or higher. I can't keep giving my money back to the Lottery.

United States
                              Member #158848
                              September 5, 2014
                              294 Posts
                              Posted: September 27, 2014, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

My awful luck just keeps going. Spent $35 today and won back ZERO. 

I got 2 Cash Bonanza's, 5 $25,000 Paydays and 1 Mega Money Madness. This is just terrible! 

Limiting myself to $10 most weeks now until I can find a $50 winner or higher. I can't keep giving my money back to the Lottery.

Stick with the $10 and up cards. Top prizes are bigger and odds are better.

A friend of mine buys $2 cards religiously, and gets raped repeatedly. One time he bought thirty of them at one time - 27 losers and 3 break even cards. So he lost $54 on a $60 purchase. Some people never learn.

I typically buy ten $10 cards at a time, and will usually hit at least a $100 card, along with two or three smaller winners.

Page 46 of 75