Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia Lottery Scratch Offs

1122 replies. Last post 2 days ago by Dracos.

Page 52 of 75
PrintE-mailLink
Douglasville, GA
United States
Member #126604
April 12, 2012
869 Posts
Posted: January 5, 2015, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for posting Gold i was just about to say the same thing! No posts since 12/21/14. Wish i had something to post but nothing here either. I wanted to turn over a new leaf this year and not play. Of course that didn't last long. I am probably down $500 for the year or close to it. I did hit $200 on the $30 ticket the other day but i was already in $100+. I want to lick my wounds and say that is it for the year but i am going to take it one month at a time. Playing one more today then i am hanging it up until March. I will keep you guys updated on my progress! Lol. The  store i play at near my job sold a $10,000 winner while i was on vacation on 100x.  It was the 100x symbol with $100 underneath. Just like someone posted on here months ago.

Well played one more and got $50. Instead of quitting played a few more. Ended up playing the dang roll. Only other win was a $50 ticket. I swore they had a minimum return and $100 was not it. I had them scan my losers to make sure and nothing. If i did throw one away i am sure it was a free ticket or $40. And with that i am done. I have to try something new. I started out this way last year too. I just cant make up for the losses.

2014 $500+ Wins: 2 - $500 Luck Loot, 2 - $500 Millionaire Jumbo Bucks, 2 - $500 50X the Money, 8 - $500 Cash Spectacular, 1 - $1,000 Monopoly Millionaire, 3 - $1,000 Cash Spectacular, 1 - $500 - $7500 a Week for Life, 1 - $500 100X the Money

Douglasville, GA
    United States
    Member #126604
    April 12, 2012
    869 Posts
    Posted: January 22, 2015, 9:56 am - IP Logged

This thread has died! Did everyone quit playing? I am on day 17 of sobriety! By the looks of it i am not missing a thing! I still like to visit to look at a winning ticket but nothing posted in a month!

2014 $500+ Wins: 2 - $500 Luck Loot, 2 - $500 Millionaire Jumbo Bucks, 2 - $500 50X the Money, 8 - $500 Cash Spectacular, 1 - $1,000 Monopoly Millionaire, 3 - $1,000 Cash Spectacular, 1 - $500 - $7500 a Week for Life, 1 - $500 100X the Money

Atlanta, GA
      United States
      Member #153005
      March 3, 2014
      331 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2015, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

This thread has died! Did everyone quit playing? I am on day 17 of sobriety! By the looks of it i am not missing a thing! I still like to visit to look at a winning ticket but nothing posted in a month!

I have cut back a lot. I just came to the realization that if I keep playing a lot, then I'll regret it.  My luck hasn't been good at all, so its for the best. I'll probably play again in a couple weeks, but won't spend a lot.

Atlanta, GA
        United States
        Member #153005
        March 3, 2014
        331 Posts
        Posted: January 27, 2015, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Wow they actually brought out another $30 ticket. They must have made good money on it last year. The odds on it are worse, but the odds are better to win $500 on the new one. 

$10 Lady Luck 7 looks terrible! Why are they bringing out $10 tickets with odds like this? With that being said I'm sure I'll try it once or twice like I did Cash King lol. 

The $2 Taxes Paid and $5 Taxes Paid tickets seem fine. I'll definitely try the $5 Taxes Paid soon.

Douglasville, GA
          United States
          Member #126604
          April 12, 2012
          869 Posts
          Posted: January 27, 2015, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

I knew they would come out with another $30 game. It sold very well and it is a cash cow for them.  I am staying out of the chase though. Day 22 for me! I have no desire to play either. I am very proud of myself! Lol

Lexington, SC
            United States
            Member #153877
            March 28, 2014
            80 Posts
            Posted: January 28, 2015, 2:45 am - IP Logged

I've been "sober" so to speak but that's because I have no spare money at the moment to use on lottery tickets here or in Georgia.  Although I just filed my taxes a little over a week ago and I expect my refund any day now.  I just may take a trip over the border to get a pack of the Max the Money tickets.  Looks like it has good odds, especially for $500.

Lexington, SC
              United States
              Member #153877
              March 28, 2014
              80 Posts
              Posted: January 28, 2015, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Well that didn't last very long for me.  Part of my tax return posted to my account this morning and I took a little trip to Georgia.  Picked up 2 $30 books (1 Max the Money and 1 $10 Million Cash Spectacular).  Can't scratch at the moment, but I'll let you guys know how I do soon enough.

However, I do have one question.  While at this particular store, I wanted to get one of the Jumbo Bucks Holiday Pack (5 tickets for $20).  The attendant said she had them, but won't sell to me unless I buy the entire bundle (which would be another $300).  I explained to her that I only wanted 1 gift pack which is $20.  I even pulled it up on my cell phone and showed her.  She says she has it in the back and then starts to explain to me the tickets are slow movers and if she opens the pack that she would be "stuck" with them because no one else would buy them.  She said she would happily sell it to me if I buy the entire $300 bundle.

Since I don't know much about the Georgia lottery, I guess what I'm asking is can retailers refuse to sell a particular lottery ticket to a customer because that particular game is a slow mover or was I being fed a bunch of hogwash?

Mattmccl's avatar - Lottery-054.jpg
                Augusta, Ga
                United States
                Member #161769
                December 10, 2014
                2146 Posts
                Posted: January 28, 2015, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Mustve been in augusta! 

Seems like 90% of retailers here , dont have a clue about lottery.

im willing to bet she was wrong. Was she the manager?

o and bought 20 $2 taxes paid new tickets...won 10 bucks.....next

Even a broke clock is right twice a day!

Lexington, SC
                  United States
                  Member #153877
                  March 28, 2014
                  80 Posts
                  Posted: January 28, 2015, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

You are correct sir!  It was Augusta.  I assume she was the manager, she was there managing the place by herself which I didn't think was safe for her (pretty big store with only one person working) unless she's got a shot gun behind the counter...but that's another issue for another time.

She seemed knowledgeable but kept trying to steer me towards the new $10 Lady Luck ticket which I wasn't interested in.  Just didn't understand why wouldn't sell it.  I mean she was nice and all but just don't know why she wouldn't.

Douglasville, GA
                    United States
                    Member #126604
                    April 12, 2012
                    869 Posts
                    Posted: January 29, 2015, 9:44 am - IP Logged

Well that didn't last very long for me.  Part of my tax return posted to my account this morning and I took a little trip to Georgia.  Picked up 2 $30 books (1 Max the Money and 1 $10 Million Cash Spectacular).  Can't scratch at the moment, but I'll let you guys know how I do soon enough.

However, I do have one question.  While at this particular store, I wanted to get one of the Jumbo Bucks Holiday Pack (5 tickets for $20).  The attendant said she had them, but won't sell to me unless I buy the entire bundle (which would be another $300).  I explained to her that I only wanted 1 gift pack which is $20.  I even pulled it up on my cell phone and showed her.  She says she has it in the back and then starts to explain to me the tickets are slow movers and if she opens the pack that she would be "stuck" with them because no one else would buy them.  She said she would happily sell it to me if I buy the entire $300 bundle.

Since I don't know much about the Georgia lottery, I guess what I'm asking is can retailers refuse to sell a particular lottery ticket to a customer because that particular game is a slow mover or was I being fed a bunch of hogwash?

Slow mover or not she should have given you what you asked for. I would report that store to the lottery office if i were you. Who knows what was in that pack. She could have denied you a $150,000 win! Good luck with your books. Cant wait to see the results.

PA
                      United States
                      Member #129849
                      June 29, 2012
                      308 Posts
                      Posted: January 29, 2015, 10:44 am - IP Logged

My guess is that she didn't have any obligation to sell them to you, but it was pretty shady

and I would tend to think that a place doing things like that would hurt their client base. Once

the word spread and enough people got irritated with it, they  would move on to other stores.

I think it might be worth calling and issuing a complaint to the lottery. As far as I was aware, stores

weren't basically charged for the tickets. The lottery provides the tickets and the equipment and the

lottery then gets what is probably a fairly large cut of the sales. I would also assume the lottery pays

for most if not all of the winnings paid out by the store. So that store really wouldn't be "out" anything

if a particular game didn't sell. At least as far as I know.

And man oh man, must have been a sweet tax return to pick up two books of $30 tickets! How much does

a $30 book cost in that part of the woods?

Douglasville, GA
                        United States
                        Member #126604
                        April 12, 2012
                        869 Posts
                        Posted: January 29, 2015, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

My guess is that she didn't have any obligation to sell them to you, but it was pretty shady

and I would tend to think that a place doing things like that would hurt their client base. Once

the word spread and enough people got irritated with it, they  would move on to other stores.

I think it might be worth calling and issuing a complaint to the lottery. As far as I was aware, stores

weren't basically charged for the tickets. The lottery provides the tickets and the equipment and the

lottery then gets what is probably a fairly large cut of the sales. I would also assume the lottery pays

for most if not all of the winnings paid out by the store. So that store really wouldn't be "out" anything

if a particular game didn't sell. At least as far as I know.

And man oh man, must have been a sweet tax return to pick up two books of $30 tickets! How much does

a $30 book cost in that part of the woods?

GetReal books of $30 tickets in GA only have 10 tickets in them so $300.

United States
                          Member #152813
                          February 26, 2014
                          21 Posts
                          Posted: January 29, 2015, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

we used to own a gas station so how it works is you're not charged for the tickets that you haven't opened yet . . but once they open it and activate the roll they have to pay that $300 bucks regardless if they sell the whole roll by the time the moneys due (typically sunday, it's called the EFT or something like that) so I'm assuming that owner didn't wanna pay the $300 when they knew the pack wasn't gonna sell as quick and didn't think the couple ticket sales were worth it . . oh and they only make like $15 bucks per roll they sell and that was like 5 years ago so it may be less now. and they do pay the store back for all the cash payouts they do, it just lowers their EFT for the week. hope that helps clear the air a little bit lol

Lexington, SC
                            United States
                            Member #153877
                            March 28, 2014
                            80 Posts
                            Posted: February 1, 2015, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

The store was M&A Mart & Gas in Thomson (thought it was Augusta).  I took everyone's advice who advise to contact the GLC.  Now I'm just waiting to see if they contact me back or takes any action.

GetReal720, my tax return isn't huge compared to others I know, however I like to take a little money from it each year and just buy an assortment of lottery tickets.  I take a zero deduction on my taxes through out the year so I know I'm guaranteed to get a refund.  As far as the tickets here are the results:

$10 Million Dollar Cash Spectacular
                            #006 - Ticket
                            #007 - Ticket
                            #008 - $150
                            #009 - $60 ($10 + $25 X2 Symbol)

I was freaking out when I scratched the these tickets since the first six tickets were all losers.  I was worried that I had purchased a bum pack.

Max the Money
                            #001 - $50
                            #005 - $100 ($20 5X Symbol)
                            #006 - $60 ($10 + $10 5X Symbol)

So all in all I only went down $120, however I won my first pick 3 win of 2015 on Friday ($250 on a straight box .50 play) so I may use part of that to help buy two additional books.

LadyB1217's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Atlanta
                              United States
                              Member #121940
                              January 20, 2012
                              806 Posts
                              Posted: February 2, 2015, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

I'm officially done with lottery and scratch offs, it's rigged and the winnings are not the same, I was told from a GA lottery employee the least you can get back on a roll is $120, we I went through a whole roll of the $30 tickets and only one $110...1 ticket had the 2x symbol with $25 under it and 2 free tickets that's it....I'm so mad , I know it's a gamble but you should get at least have your money back. ....

God is Able !!! Ephesians 3:20

Page 52 of 75