Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia Lottery Scratch Offs

1122 replies. Last post 4 days ago by Dracos.

Page 53 of 75
PrintE-mailLink
Douglasville, GA
United States
Member #126604
April 12, 2012
869 Posts
Posted: February 2, 2015, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

The store was M&A Mart & Gas in Thomson (thought it was Augusta).  I took everyone's advice who advise to contact the GLC.  Now I'm just waiting to see if they contact me back or takes any action.

GetReal720, my tax return isn't huge compared to others I know, however I like to take a little money from it each year and just buy an assortment of lottery tickets.  I take a zero deduction on my taxes through out the year so I know I'm guaranteed to get a refund.  As far as the tickets here are the results:

$10 Million Dollar Cash Spectacular
#006 - Ticket
#007 - Ticket
#008 - $150
#009 - $60 ($10 + $25 X2 Symbol)

I was freaking out when I scratched the these tickets since the first six tickets were all losers.  I was worried that I had purchased a bum pack.

Max the Money
#001 - $50
#005 - $100 ($20 5X Symbol)
#006 - $60 ($10 + $10 5X Symbol)

So all in all I only went down $120, however I won my first pick 3 win of 2015 on Friday ($250 on a straight box .50 play) so I may use part of that to help buy two additional books.

Not too bad there! The pick 3 win made up the difference. Thanks for sharing!

Douglasville, GA
    United States
    Member #126604
    April 12, 2012
    869 Posts
    Posted: February 2, 2015, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

I'm officially done with lottery and scratch offs, it's rigged and the winnings are not the same, I was told from a GA lottery employee the least you can get back on a roll is $120, we I went through a whole roll of the $30 tickets and only one $110...1 ticket had the 2x symbol with $25 under it and 2 free tickets that's it....I'm so mad , I know it's a gamble but you should get at least have your money back. ....

I feel you ladyB. I played a similar roll and i was highly pissed. That was when i quit as well. I haven't played in 27 days. I was tired of putting kids through college! Lol! Good luck if you continue!

Lexington, SC
      United States
      Member #153877
      March 28, 2014
      81 Posts
      Posted: February 2, 2015, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Hi LadyB1217,

I feel your pain.  I actually have felt the same way about the South Carolina Education Lottery here in my home state.  For years I have poured money into system, with the small dream of hitting a jackpot or at least winning one of the significant prizes.  Thus far, I have not  been successful.  I have won a couple $500 prizes here and there over the years but when I looked at the "winners" list the website puts out daily of people cashing in $1,000, $2,000, $5,000 and so on prizes from scratchers and I couldn't even get close it frustrated me.  It really was the reason that led me to start going over the border last May and playing the Georgia lottery from time to time.

The thing with the lottery is that it has to do a lot with luck more than anything else.  Being in the right place at the right time and picking the right ticket from the right bin.  I would say don't give up...take a break if you need to (we all do from time to time) but don't give up completely unless you feel there's no option.  Hopefully the post I'm going to post after this will give you inspiration.

Lexington, SC
        United States
        Member #153877
        March 28, 2014
        81 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2015, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

So last night while many people were watching the SuperBowl, I had an itching to go to Georgia to cash in my tickets that I had won and scratched earlier in the week.  It was about 6:30 so I know by the time I reached the Georgia border it would be close to 7:30 and I didn't know how many stores would be open at the time or even selling tickets.  Anyways, I bought 2 more books although I had to really go searching to find someone who was willing to sell me a $30 Max the Money pack of tickets as they seem to be hot sellers at the moment.  Anyways, I got back home and scratched away...here are the results.

Max the Money
        #004 - Ticket
        #007 - Ticket
        #008 - $50

I was horribly disappointed with that pack and figured if I was going to get bad news, I might as well get it over with.  So I scratched the pack of $10 Million Cash Spectacular, and the results were.

$10 Million Cash Spectacular
        #000 - $40
        #001 - $40
        #002 - $40

At this point, the remaining tickets were duds.  I was resigned to the fact that I just spent $600 and was going to make out with $230 at best.  Then I scratched this beauty below...

My first $1,000 instant ticket win!  Been playing the SC lottery for years and never came close.  Less than a year of sporadically playing the Georgia lottery and I already have scored the biggest single win of my lottery scratching life, and it was the last fricking ticket in the pack I purchased!

My question now is how does taxes work in Georgia?  When I go to redeem this at some point, will they go ahead and take state and federal taxes out, or will they give me the whole thing and send me a W2-G form later?

I think (at least I'm going to try) I'm going to lay low for a little bit.  I know this hotstreak (won $250 on Pick 3 Friday) isn't going to last long and my mistake in the past when I got on a hotstreak was not knowing when to stop but man was this win sweet.

I got the pack at the Raceway on Washington Rd in Augusta.  If you know the store I'm talking about, there's a really hot Asian lady that works there (I may have mentioned her in the past) and always seems to be flirtatious.

LadyB1217's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Atlanta
          United States
          Member #121940
          January 20, 2012
          806 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2015, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

So last night while many people were watching the SuperBowl, I had an itching to go to Georgia to cash in my tickets that I had won and scratched earlier in the week.  It was about 6:30 so I know by the time I reached the Georgia border it would be close to 7:30 and I didn't know how many stores would be open at the time or even selling tickets.  Anyways, I bought 2 more books although I had to really go searching to find someone who was willing to sell me a $30 Max the Money pack of tickets as they seem to be hot sellers at the moment.  Anyways, I got back home and scratched away...here are the results.

Max the Money
          #004 - Ticket
          #007 - Ticket
          #008 - $50

I was horribly disappointed with that pack and figured if I was going to get bad news, I might as well get it over with.  So I scratched the pack of $10 Million Cash Spectacular, and the results were.

#000 - $40
          #001 - $40
          #002 - $40

At this point, the remaining tickets were duds.  I was resigned to the fact that I just spent $600 and was going to make out with $230 at best.  Then I scratched this beauty below...

My first $1,000 instant ticket win!  Been playing the SC lottery for years and never came close.  Less than a year of sporadically playing the Georgia lottery and I already have scored the biggest single win of my lottery scratching life, and it was the last fricking ticket in the pack I purchased!

My question now is how does taxes work in Georgia?  When I go to redeem this at some point, will they go ahead and take state and federal taxes out, or will they give me the whole thing and send me a W2-G form later?

I think (at least I'm going to try) I'm going to lay low for a little bit.  I know this hotstreak (won $250 on Pick 3 Friday) isn't going to last long and my mistake in the past when I got on a hotstreak was not knowing when to stop but man was this win sweet.

I got the pack at the Raceway on Washington Rd in Augusta.  If you know the store I'm talking about, there's a really hot Asian lady that works there (I may have mentioned her in the past) and always seems to be flirtatious.

Nice win, and thanks for the encouraging words, I know they out there but it's just finding the right ones, but as far as taxes go, they will issue you a tax form now, and when you file your taxes you claim it then,  they only take taxes out immediately if it's over $5000...

God is Able !!! Ephesians 3:20

Douglasville, GA
            United States
            Member #126604
            April 12, 2012
            869 Posts
            Posted: February 3, 2015, 9:24 am - IP Logged

Max the Money
            #004 - Ticket
            #007 - Ticket
            #008 - $50

#000 - $40
            #001 - $40
            #002 - $40

Nice win Hysteria! You finally broke the drought of posting a good win! I think it has been over a month since someone posted!

Atlanta, GA
              United States
              Member #153005
              March 3, 2014
              331 Posts
              Posted: February 4, 2015, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

Nothing big to report, but I played $20 today got 1 $10 Cash Bonanza & 2 $5 Taxes Paid. Originally wanted 2 Cash Bonanza's, but they ran out, and didn't want to play any other $10s, so just went with the 5s. Taxes paid tickets lost though #006 & #005. 

The Cash Bonanza on #000 won me $20 with 2 number matches. Got my money back, so I'm happy. I'll try the new $10 ticket maybe later this month or next month. 

I got nervous thinking the only Cash Bonanza left was there because someone played till they won. Hoping for a $100 winner on something soon. Even $50 would do, but its been a while since I have won $100 on any ticket.

Mattmccl's avatar - Lottery-054.jpg
                Augusta, Ga
                United States
                Member #161769
                December 10, 2014
                2146 Posts
                Posted: February 4, 2015, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Nothing big to report, but I played $20 today got 1 $10 Cash Bonanza & 2 $5 Taxes Paid. Originally wanted 2 Cash Bonanza's, but they ran out, and didn't want to play any other $10s, so just went with the 5s. Taxes paid tickets lost though #006 & #005. 

The Cash Bonanza on #000 won me $20 with 2 number matches. Got my money back, so I'm happy. I'll try the new $10 ticket maybe later this month or next month. 

I got nervous thinking the only Cash Bonanza left was there because someone played till they won. Hoping for a $100 winner on something soon. Even $50 would do, but its been a while since I have won $100 on any ticket.

ALL the taxes paid tickets are bunk!

GEORGIA LOTTERY can keep em!

Even a broke clock is right twice a day!

Atlanta, GA
                  United States
                  Member #153005
                  March 3, 2014
                  331 Posts
                  Posted: February 17, 2015, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Haven't played in about 2 weeks, and I feel great. I came to realization that buying all the time wasn't worth it. Might play next week, but might wait till the first week of March. My days of buying $40-$50 at a time are done. I still want to try the new $30 ticket once, but I'll wait.

Douglasville, GA
                    United States
                    Member #126604
                    April 12, 2012
                    869 Posts
                    Posted: February 17, 2015, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Haven't played in about 2 weeks, and I feel great. I came to realization that buying all the time wasn't worth it. Might play next week, but might wait till the first week of March. My days of buying $40-$50 at a time are done. I still want to try the new $30 ticket once, but I'll wait.

Welcome to the dark side! Lol!  I am on day 45. It does feel awesome.

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
                      Member #71120
                      February 19, 2009
                      1209 Posts
                      Posted: February 18, 2015, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Wait till you get to that year mark....Its like what was I thinking?? No one wins in Tennessee much.I never won anything ... in 10 years I had enough.

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
                        Member #158848
                        September 5, 2014
                        294 Posts
                        Posted: February 19, 2015, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Wait till you get to that year mark....Its like what was I thinking?? No one wins in Tennessee much.I never won anything ... in 10 years I had enough.

There's no doubt that Tennessee scratchers suck. The good news is that Tennessee is close to Georgia and North Carolina, both of which offer a number of excellent scratchers.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

Atlanta
                          United States
                          Member #164138
                          February 19, 2015
                          26 Posts
                          Posted: February 19, 2015, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys. Recently got bit by the scratch off bug again after seeing the new $30 ticket.. brought back memories.

I started out on monday with $10. Bought (2) of the five dollar 350,000 taxes paid and won $35 / $5 .

I went over to another store and bought a $20 Caesars, and won $50. 

At this point I'm +$60 profit for the day, So I came back to that store at night and played Caesars again, lost once - then the second time I hit $100 on the bonus wheel at the top. I'm now at $130 total gain.

Today I went out with $60, to Publix, and played Caesars (3) times, losing each time. It started with ticket 12, so I figured I'd chase it at 1:3 odds. ( and only 2 previous had been bought from the pack) 

Went to pull out $40 more, and lost both times. My gut wasn't feeling it anymore, so I left it at -$100 for the day. But still, up $20 from my initial $10 investment on monday. 

I'm starting a youtube channel to document the scratches, my name is the same as my username here. It's got a video of the $100 Caesars win too.

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
                            Member #158848
                            September 5, 2014
                            294 Posts
                            Posted: February 19, 2015, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

ALL the taxes paid tickets are bunk!

GEORGIA LOTTERY can keep em!

I have a gut feeling you're right, but please explain.  Smiley

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

Atlanta
                              United States
                              Member #164138
                              February 19, 2015
                              26 Posts
                              Posted: February 20, 2015, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Just won $50 on ticket 013 of Caesars From GA lottery. 

Nice one and done tonight. I seem to be have more luck with that recently. (won $100 on a one&done then lost that $100 yesterday chasing losers from same game).

Page 53 of 75