Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia Lottery Scratch Offs

1119 replies. Last post 4 days ago by skeptic.

Page 59 of 75
PrintE-mailLink
Douglasville, GA
United States
Member #126604
April 12, 2012
868 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2015, 8:31 am - IP Logged

My Caesars win from a late night gas run. Bought one from the vending machine.

PA
    United States
    Member #129849
    June 29, 2012
    308 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2015, 10:36 am - IP Logged

Goherd you have been doing insane lately, on a run that probably rivals most anything that

has been posted here before! Seems like you have to have about $4000 + in winners this month.

Out of curiosity, how much have you spent in tickets to get those winners? In other words, how

much of these great winnings lately are profit for you?

Douglasville, GA
      United States
      Member #126604
      April 12, 2012
      868 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2015, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Goherd you have been doing insane lately, on a run that probably rivals most anything that

has been posted here before! Seems like you have to have about $4000 + in winners this month.

Out of curiosity, how much have you spent in tickets to get those winners? In other words, how

much of these great winnings lately are profit for you?

None!  I posted a page or so back how this is all mostly an exchange.  I lose as much as I win because I play everyday.  I have cut back on how much I spend daily but until I win at least $10,000 - $20,000 in one shot I will not break even.  That is cumulative over the past 3-4 years of playing seriously.  I have only in the past 2 years had consistent $500 and $1000 wins.  Also my problem is I play mostly $20 and $30 tickets which you know if you get a bad run of those you can lose $400 - $500 easily.  I have started playing $5 games as to not lose so fast.  I can win $20 - $50 on those then trade up if I want.  I believe I would not do as well if I didn't play at so many stores.  I play at least in 10 stores so my wins are split amongst them.  I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone on these boards that is ahead.

Douglasville, GA
        United States
        Member #156081
        June 7, 2014
        83 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2015, 1:56 am - IP Logged

One and done this afternoon.,.

http://s7.postimg.org/pg1ko9odn/image.jpg

Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #153005
          March 3, 2014
          331 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2015, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

One and done this afternoon.,.

http://s7.postimg.org/pg1ko9odn/image.jpg

Nice! I like that only a symbol means you win, but these tickets have bad odds other than the $20.

Douglasville, GA
            United States
            Member #156081
            June 7, 2014
            83 Posts
            Posted: May 20, 2015, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Hmmm.. I took $40 out of the $50 I won and played 2 $20 Caesars.. Got a dud then this..

http://s9.postimg.org/x1ed55rgv/image.jpg

Douglasville, GA
              United States
              Member #126604
              April 12, 2012
              868 Posts
              Posted: May 21, 2015, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Nice win Speedy!  I like the Caesars ticket even though I hit very random and mostly $30 I still like it.  I am still motivated by it since no one has claimed a top prize.  I am still trying to figure things out.  I need to get a lottery budget or only play once a week.  I have been chasing a lot lately and getting my tail handed to me.  I did get this earlier this week:

I only bought one.  Nice win for a $5 ticket.  Of course I ended up blowing it later on in the day.  I was lucky enough to snag the below today.  I bought 2.  The first was a dud and the second was:

This is still by far my favorite game however I play it WAY too much.  Buying 3 - 5 of these and have them be losers sucks.  i am still looking for my $5,000+ hit which is motivating me to lose my money. :( 

So how do you guys play?  Are you chasers or budgeters?  I am a chasers however I seldom win $500+ chasing.  They are mostly within 1-3 tickets.  I can only remember hitting 1 or 2 $500+ wins chasing.  I know this yet I chase!  Makes no sense!

Douglasville, GA
                United States
                Member #126604
                April 12, 2012
                868 Posts
                Posted: May 22, 2015, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

So I did exactly what I said I would not do today. I was not going to buy any scratch offs. Well glad I did because I am done with GA lottery. I  ended up going through an entire book of Cash Spectacular today. There were 2 $50 winners in the entire pack. What a rip off. I called and asked if there was a minimum return one could expect from buying a book and I was told we do not have that informatIon. What? To make matters worse the 2 winners came on tickets 005 and 009. I  thought I was disgusted before, I truly am now. I  am not chasing anymore. I hope my ignorance helps you guys!

Atlanta, GA
                  United States
                  Member #153005
                  March 3, 2014
                  331 Posts
                  Posted: May 22, 2015, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Nice win Speedy!  I like the Caesars ticket even though I hit very random and mostly $30 I still like it.  I am still motivated by it since no one has claimed a top prize.  I am still trying to figure things out.  I need to get a lottery budget or only play once a week.  I have been chasing a lot lately and getting my tail handed to me.  I did get this earlier this week:

I only bought one.  Nice win for a $5 ticket.  Of course I ended up blowing it later on in the day.  I was lucky enough to snag the below today.  I bought 2.  The first was a dud and the second was:

This is still by far my favorite game however I play it WAY too much.  Buying 3 - 5 of these and have them be losers sucks.  i am still looking for my $5,000+ hit which is motivating me to lose my money. :( 

So how do you guys play?  Are you chasers or budgeters?  I am a chasers however I seldom win $500+ chasing.  They are mostly within 1-3 tickets.  I can only remember hitting 1 or 2 $500+ wins chasing.  I know this yet I chase!  Makes no sense!

I am definitely a budget type of guy or I at least try to be. Back when I was up by a lot, I chased a couple times and it only worked one time. Bought like 4 of the $10 Maximum Fortune's and snagged a $500 winner that I still have as a souvenir (they let me keep it after I cashed it). I chased a few times on $5 tickets and it never worked out. 

I see the chasers all the time, and it never seems to work for them. I want to go up to them sometimes and say "Just buy 2-4 tickets and leave, its not worth it". I have chasers to thank for my $1K win last year on the $10 Million Cash Spectacular. Dude went through at least $1K, so like 4-6 books probably, and a day or two later I find that huge winner in that machine.

I haven't played in almost a week and I feel great. I don't have any urge to play right now. I do want to play a $20 or $30 ticket sometime early June though. After my two failed attempts of $20 tickets, I think I should try a $30 ticket again. Its been a very long time, I don't even remember the last time I played a $30 ticket. Has to have been since August-October of last year. 

Good luck to everyone that does decide to play.

Atlanta, GA
                    United States
                    Member #153005
                    March 3, 2014
                    331 Posts
                    Posted: May 22, 2015, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

So I did exactly what I said I would not do today. I was not going to buy any scratch offs. Well glad I did because I am done with GA lottery. I  ended up going through an entire book of Cash Spectacular today. There were 2 $50 winners in the entire pack. What a rip off. I called and asked if there was a minimum return one could expect from buying a book and I was told we do not have that informatIon. What? To make matters worse the 2 winners came on tickets 005 and 009. I  thought I was disgusted before, I truly am now. I  am not chasing anymore. I hope my ignorance helps you guys!

Ouch sorry goherd. I can't believe theres no minimum return on books. 

Next time you even think about chasing just tell yourself "Is this really worth it?". Think about what you need your $ for, and then walk away. Every time I think about buying tickets after I lose I just tell myself that, and then I feel better and walk away. This is especially easier after you have chased a couple times, so you know first hand how it ends up. 

Hope what I said can help you out goherd.

Douglasville, GA
                      United States
                      Member #126604
                      April 12, 2012
                      868 Posts
                      Posted: May 22, 2015, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Yeah Gold I am officially done. The winners were nice but I am done. Over it. Good luck all..

Atlanta, GA
                        United States
                        Member #153005
                        March 3, 2014
                        331 Posts
                        Posted: June 2, 2015, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

I played a $20 Caesars #010 yesterday and just won back ticket. I'll probably play again tomorrow and cash that ticket in for either 2 $10s or another $20. Good luck to those still playing.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                          Florida
                          United States
                          Member #104435
                          January 14, 2011
                          2244 Posts
                          Posted: June 4, 2015, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

I was in Georgia a few days ago and I lost $400 in one day playing. Bought at least 3-4 of each $20 and $30 ticket they had on offer. Highest hit was $60 or $70 or something weird like that. I remember thinking is this the "new" $100.....

Sadly GA seems to have gone downhill the same way Florida has, and I used to really like playing in GA with their good odds. I checked the website and the odds have progressively gotten worse and worse each year.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Douglasville, GA
                            United States
                            Member #126604
                            April 12, 2012
                            868 Posts
                            Posted: June 4, 2015, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

I was in Georgia a few days ago and I lost $400 in one day playing. Bought at least 3-4 of each $20 and $30 ticket they had on offer. Highest hit was $60 or $70 or something weird like that. I remember thinking is this the "new" $100.....

Sadly GA seems to have gone downhill the same way Florida has, and I used to really like playing in GA with their good odds. I checked the website and the odds have progressively gotten worse and worse each year.

Yeah James and you can tell how sad it is by this board. You are right that the  $50 and $60 wins have replaced the $100 wins. The $100 has replaced the $500. I have lost $400 in A day more than once. It is like if you get $100 win you better call it a day. I have realized it is not worth it anymore. By the time you do win you have spent double of what you won which fuels you to keep playing and next thing you know you have given that win back and the cycle continues!

Atlanta, GA
                              United States
                              Member #153005
                              March 3, 2014
                              331 Posts
                              Posted: June 5, 2015, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I have only been playing about 2 years and I have noticed the odds getting worse and worse since then even. GA loves to put out $10 tickets that have great odds to win $100, but those tickets are so bad. I stick to the older $10 tickets still out and I have much better luck on them. I win $50 way more often than I win $100. I'd say I have only won $100 5 times, but I have won $50 like 10-20 times. 

I played a $20 Fast Bucks #009 and lost. Played $20 in tickets yesterday, 1 $5 Giant Jumbo Bucks #034, 1 $2 Money Multiplier (60 something I forget), 1 $2 Monopoly (60 something too), and 1 $1 Hot Cash #040 and 1 $10 50X The Money #015. 

Only ticket that won was the $10 50X The Money and I got 1 number match for $20. The code was TVF though, so I was confused. 

Between both days combined thats $40 in and $20 out. Thats not too bad, but I'd prefer to profit. 

I tried out Keno for the first time yesterday. I did 1 $1 4 spot QP and I picked my numbers on a 7 spot for a $1. My 7 spot won, matched 4 numbers and no bullseye, so got $3. I'll try that 7 spot one again sometime.

Page 59 of 75