Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia Lottery Scratch Offs

1122 replies. Last post 10 hours ago by Dracos.

Page 64 of 75
PrintE-mailLink
SARASOTA, FL
United States
Member #95778
August 17, 2010
1090 Posts
Posted: November 5, 2015, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Gold! However today I have decided I have had enough. Since winning that $500 I have lost over $1000. I said the other day my goal is to not purchase any scratch tickets in 2016. I will back that up to start tomorrow. Between all of the folks on this scratchers board no one has won over $200,000. If us hard players can't win the big one it is time to drop out. Wish me luck! This is going to be a long hard journey.

BRIZZLE - a member here several years ago won $250K -  bought 10 ten dollar tickets - put 'em in his wife's Christmas stocking and BOOM !! $250K

Have not heard from him for 4 years or more. He vanished.

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

United States
    Member #169356
    October 13, 2015
    18 Posts
    Posted: November 6, 2015, 7:39 am - IP Logged

Thank you so much for your input goherd. I appreciate it! I'll try my luck next week when I travel up there :).

Douglasville, GA
      United States
      Member #126604
      April 12, 2012
      869 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2015, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Needed this one!  Said I was going to get some money and head to Shell.  Instead I played a few at Publix.  Blew about $120 then decided to go to Shell.  Bought 2 tickets at the Shell and one was the above.  Should have stuck to what I said!

NY
        United States
        Member #167035
        June 22, 2015
        1340 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2015, 9:35 am - IP Logged

Needed this one!  Said I was going to get some money and head to Shell.  Instead I played a few at Publix.  Blew about $120 then decided to go to Shell.  Bought 2 tickets at the Shell and one was the above.  Should have stuck to what I said!

lol but nice $500 goherd

Douglasville, GA
          United States
          Member #126604
          April 12, 2012
          869 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2015, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Thanks yellow! 

GA Lottery has put out 4 new games that all look crappy.  The Shimmering Cash $20 ticket does not have any prizes over $500 except the jackpot which is 1:1.6 mill odds.  Even winning $500 is 1:1,100.  The $25 million Payout game has the same 1:1.36 mill odds to win $25,000 as it does $250,000.  They just keep pumping out more junk.  I will stick to the older games but at this rate a barely want to play anything.  Winning prizes of $500 and less are a bore now.  You spend almost $500 to win $500.  And the chances of winning anything over $500 are horrible. I only have a month and a half before I try to quit for an entire year.  I so hope I can stick to it so I can see how much money I save!  Maybe that will turn off the urge forever.  Good luck GA players.

NY
            United States
            Member #167035
            June 22, 2015
            1340 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2015, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Thanks yellow! 

GA Lottery has put out 4 new games that all look crappy.  The Shimmering Cash $20 ticket does not have any prizes over $500 except the jackpot which is 1:1.6 mill odds.  Even winning $500 is 1:1,100.  The $25 million Payout game has the same 1:1.36 mill odds to win $25,000 as it does $250,000.  They just keep pumping out more junk.  I will stick to the older games but at this rate a barely want to play anything.  Winning prizes of $500 and less are a bore now.  You spend almost $500 to win $500.  And the chances of winning anything over $500 are horrible. I only have a month and a half before I try to quit for an entire year.  I so hope I can stick to it so I can see how much money I save!  Maybe that will turn off the urge forever.  Good luck GA players.

probably only 2 jackpots as well which is what they seem to be doing w their $10 and $20 games lately the last time i was on their website

that is a great idea - a lot of the states there are many of the same complaints w the odds and payback

Douglasville, GA
              United States
              Member #126604
              April 12, 2012
              869 Posts
              Posted: November 20, 2015, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

my name is Goherd and I am a lottery addict. I have come to this revelation and I will never be  able to play again. Everytime I say I am going to quit I don't. I just continue to lose money, sometimes money I can't really afford, hoping my results will somehow be different. Yes I have won a lot but I have lost more. It is no longer fun to me yet I still do it. Which means it is an addiction. I remember almost this same time last year losing a ton at the end of the year and vowed to quit. I did for 3 months and decided to buy one ticket and have been playing every sense. Sure I am not as bad as I used to be but I still have no control. I have only one option. I have lost thousands 2 years in a row and I am determined not to make it 3! I will keep check from time to time but the way things are looking this thread will soon be locked from inactivity! Thanks for being my sounding board because I know people here understand better than a non-gambler. God help us all trying to quit! I am out!

Douglasville, GA
                United States
                Member #126604
                April 12, 2012
                869 Posts
                Posted: November 24, 2015, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Haven't played in 3 days and decided to buy one Cash Spectacular from the counter.  It lost.  I got 4 tickets from the machine and proceeded to win $100 on Cash Spectacular and $100 on 100x the Money.  The 2 $5 tickets I got lost.  I went back to the counter and debated between another Cash Spectacular, a 100X or just take my $200.  I got a 100X  and won another $50.  I thought well now I have my $20 back to make it $200, I will buy another Cash Spectacular from the roll I lost on.  Sometimes your day is your day:

Now back into hiding.....

NY
                  United States
                  Member #167035
                  June 22, 2015
                  1340 Posts
                  Posted: November 24, 2015, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

nice win go to the claim center and run away...

Lexington, SC
                    United States
                    Member #153877
                    March 28, 2014
                    80 Posts
                    Posted: December 3, 2015, 12:07 am - IP Logged

Nice hit on the $1,000 goherd14.  I know you've won your share of $1,000 prizes, I still remember how I felt when I won my first $1,000 earlier this year.  It seems like ages ago.  I actually haven't played any scratch offs (in or out of state) since my last venture to Georgia.  Quitting cold turkey is a very hard thing but after awhile the urge was purged from my system.  I plan to play Georgia lottery next year when my tax return is deposited.  The odds on South Carolina tickets seem to be going down the toilet as well.

I've become more than a little frustrated because all of the convenient stores I use to go to buy tickets all hit jackpots ($200,000 or more) during the summer earlier this year.  All these stores are within 3 miles max of my house.  I find it to be more than a little bit coincidental.

In a funny little story, I was on my way to the grocery store a couple weeks ago when my dad gave me his $10 scratcher to trade in for a new ticket.  He told me he didn't care what ticket I brought him back as long as it's a winner.  I brought him back a $10 Mighty Jumbo Bucks ticket and that son-of-a-gun was worth $200 large.  Although I was happy for him, I never felt so gutted.  I guess that's how the luck goes.

Hysteria's 2016 Big Wins (Georgia): None Yet!!!
                    Hysteria's 2016 Big Wins (S. Car): Gold Millions - $200 | $500 Frenzy - $500 | Gold Rush - $200 |

**Big Wins for me are anything at or above $200.**

Atlanta, GA
                      United States
                      Member #153005
                      March 3, 2014
                      331 Posts
                      Posted: December 16, 2015, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Haven't posted in a while. Not winning too much as of late. 

Bought 5 of the new $3 X The Money Bingo to give that a try. Only one of those won and it was a $15 winner (4 corners plus a line). Bingo's basically pay for themselves cause they take a good few minutes to do, but at least I won my money back. 

Bought 1 of the $5 Shimmering Cash tickets and won $10, but it was a weird combo. It was 5 $1 matches and 1 $5 match. How lame is that?!

Maximun's avatar - max
                        Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #132580
                        September 7, 2012
                        127 Posts
                        Posted: December 28, 2015, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Bought 4 of the $20 Shimmering and had 3 of the 4 as Winners. They were the last 4 of the pack.

Won two tickets and $100.

Douglasville, GA
                          United States
                          Member #126604
                          April 12, 2012
                          869 Posts
                          Posted: January 4, 2016, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

Closed out 2015 losing $100 which made sure I would stick to my resolution of not playing at all in 2016. I hope I can stick to the experiment to see how my pockets look at the end of the year. I will keep checking to see if anyone finally hits it big.

Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #153005
                            March 3, 2014
                            331 Posts
                            Posted: January 13, 2016, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

New $10 ticket with the back scratch hasn't been treating me well. I have played it 5 times and haven't won yet.

I played 4 of the $2 Taxes Paid tickets today, and got a star symbol on #064. Ended up having a $2 under there for a $20 win. 

Saw an ad at the store for the new tickets for this month. For the 3rd straight year they are bringing out a $30 ticket. This one is called Super Max The Money. Seems like all they did was raise the top prize and add 2 bonus spots. One bonus spot can win $100 and the other $500. 

Might give it a try at some point in 2016. Its been a long time since I have played a $30 ticket.

Douglasville, GA
                              United States
                              Member #126604
                              April 12, 2012
                              869 Posts
                              Posted: January 13, 2016, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Same here gold. Those new $10 tickets were my end of year try and I think I bought 1 more in 2016 and didn't win anything. I want to say I played 5 or 6. I saw the new ticket insert today while playing Powerball. I may try one of the new $30 game in June.

Page 64 of 75