Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think this is real?

Topic closed. 184 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
Massachusetts
United States
Member #37433
April 14, 2006
2747 Posts
Posted: February 25, 2014, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

I think Stack is right.  When I first saw the picture, I thought he must have played the same 5 and bonus from 1 to 35.  He played Power Play and based on the New Hampshire breakdown, there are 34 Match 4 winners playing Power Play.  It's probably him.

It's real, but the question is "how much does he play?"  It's like Richard Lustig, he plays a lot.  They never tell you what their returns (ROI) are.  They only talk about or post photos of their "wins."

They rarely tell how much they spend.

That money's gone fo ever

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19830 Posts
    Posted: February 25, 2014, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

That is some incredible faith in a bunch of numbers because if he did play 35 tickets at $3 a whack, that's $105 for one game only. Either that or he is a wealthy man and that is pocket change for him.

Four other players  else where matched 4+1 with PowerPlay, I wonder why they aren't bragging too?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: February 25, 2014, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

Four other players  else where matched 4+1 with PowerPlay, I wonder why they aren't bragging too?

They are missing out on easy money from gullible people. I bet if Steve decides to sell his "system" he will make more than the money he won on this drawing.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
        Kentucky
        United States
        Member #35086
        March 12, 2006
        10374 Posts
        Posted: February 25, 2014, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Yes Nod            Good   One   RJOh

And   True   Thumbs Up

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7314 Posts
          Posted: February 25, 2014, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

That is some incredible faith in a bunch of numbers because if he did play 35 tickets at $3 a whack, that's $105 for one game only. Either that or he is a wealthy man and that is pocket change for him.

That's $105 for each five number combo they played and no telling how many. It's like the guy who won $200,000 playing pick-4; we know how much he bet to win that amount, but we don't know what else they bet or how much.

He will be wealthy if people believe his system can consistently pick four of five numbers and buy it.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:11 am - IP Logged

Think of it as an advertising expense. The goal is to convince people that they should send him money. It's a lot easier to  get people to part with their money if you can convince them that you've won a bunch of money.

Showing a real ticket and a real check doesn't mean much. We still have no way of knowing who bought the ticket and why. I'd happily pay 10% extra to buy such a ticket from somebody who won by random chance if I though it would let me sell my "system" for 5 or 10 times that much. Documenting that the winning numbers were suggested in advance, and that the suggestions didn't require spending substantial amounts of money would be far more persuasive, but we'd also need to see that this is just one of many instances.

Unless you think that the lottery isn't random, which by definition doesn't create predictable patterns, how can you believe that somebody's "predictions" have any success that isn't just luck or the result of probability (which requires spending more than you win)?

TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
              Ontario
              Canada
              Member #137286
              December 31, 2012
              93 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2014, 8:18 am - IP Logged

Wrong on the tax part Luke..

This is an excerpt from the New Hampshire Lottery):

Q: If I win, how much of my prize will be taken out in taxes?A: The Lottery Commission is required to report any winnings over $599 to the Internal Revenue Service using a W2-G document; this will be sent to you at the end of the year. There is a federal tax withholding of 25% for any winnings over $5,000. The top federal graduated tax rate is 35%. Lottery winners may be at a tax rate other than the 25% withholding rate. Non-residents of the United States will have a 30% tax withholding for any winnings over $599.

******************************************************************************************************************************

There is no State tax on lottery winnings in New Hampshire...!

Thanks for pointing that out MADDOG10. After a little research I found info that said NH cancelled the gambling tax back in 2011.

I currently purchase my Powerball and Mega Millions tickets in NY State and from what I understand I would pay 30% non-resident tax + an additional 8.97% State Tax = 38.97%.

I think I might consider buying my tickets in NH from now on.

Sunny California
                United States
                Member #40295
                May 31, 2006
                7712 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2014, 8:43 am - IP Logged

Yes this is most probably real. Anyone who is familiar with "Steve Player" and his systems knows that he boasts his winning tickets heavily. Just take a look at his catalog,lol. And his newsletters (which I still receive once in awhile though I only bought one of his cheaper systems YEARS ago.)

I have seen his winnings posted before on the NH site many many times.

This company sells many high priced systems. They can afford to buy tons of tickets,I'm sure.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2014, 11:21 am - IP Logged

I don't know but I am fairly certain he didn't spend $39,000 worth.  Tell me, what's wrong with Steve Player, what is it that you don't like about him.

"Tell me, what's wrong with Steve Player, what is it that you don't like about him."

I didn't say anything is wrong with him or that I don't like him.

And I'm not saying it's intentionally deceptive to show your winning ticket without mentioning how much you spent to get it or how much you spent in countless previous attempts to get a winning ticket to promote sales of your system.

I'm just cordially suggesting that it might be helpful to know that stinkin' information.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19830 Posts
                    Posted: February 26, 2014, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Just think if he had all five numbers right playing that way, he would have won the jackpot plus $68M in seconds prizes and NH might have had to use some back-up plan to avoid going bankrupt.  Now that might be worth bragging about.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Just think if he had all five numbers right playing that way, he would have won the jackpot plus $68M in seconds prizes and NH might have had to use some back-up plan to avoid going bankrupt.  Now that might be worth bragging about.

Yessir that would be a real quandary for NH Lottery.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                        Member #106923
                        February 27, 2011
                        478 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2014, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Steve Player -" I WON THE POWERBALL GAME LAST SATURDAY!!! That's right - take a look at my winning ticket. I had four numbers right plus the Powerball number, and since I Power Played it, this combination was worth $50,000.00!!! I also had 4 numbers right four more times on the same ticket which won an additional $2,000.00. That's $52,000.00 in winnings (or $39,000.00 after taxes)!!! This is the second time I have had four numbers right plus the Powerball - next time I plan to get all five numbers right for a Jackpot win!!! It just goes to show you that my winning Lottery systems and wheels really do work; for me and for thousands of my friends and customers around the country. I have posted my winning ticket and winning check below for everyone to see".       GOOD LUCK...Steve Player

I question the authenticity because of the date on the check.  How does someone receive the money so fast.  I thought it was at least 6-8 weeks before a check can be issued.  So if my math is right, he hit on the 2/21 and then on 2/24 receives a check, just 3 days later, something does smell right, who's with me?

Ummmm.... Don't pay attention to the check.  Look at the actual ticket.  Particularly the NHLottery LOGO and the barcode style, the side banner, the color... 

PB ticket

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                          Member #106923
                          February 27, 2011
                          478 Posts
                          Posted: February 26, 2014, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Two questions:

How many stinkin' tickets did "Mr Player" buy?

And:

I forgot the other question.

But it was a very cogent question.

You can believe that.

I'm fairly certain of it.

Geesh Ridge, cogent... I had to pull up the web dictionary.  Now I have to find a way to use it three times in a sentence. 

1. All in all I think the evidence is less cogent than it once was.
                          2. Cogent evidence supports the aforementioned statement.
                          3. Ridge Runner provides a cogent analysis of the situation.

Im a feelin' a little more edumacated thanks to you RR!

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

spartan1707's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                            Tucson
                            United States
                            Member #119762
                            December 2, 2011
                            81 Posts
                            Posted: February 26, 2014, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Dead on FAKE.......!

United States
                              Member #129868
                              June 30, 2012
                              2454 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2014, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Ummmm.... Don't pay attention to the check.  Look at the actual ticket.  Particularly the NHLottery LOGO and the barcode style, the side banner, the color... 

PB ticket

Ummmmmm... I can duplicate that

Page 2 of 13