Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why is the Ohio Classic Lotto so difficult to win?

Topic closed. 192 replies. Last post 2 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4105 Posts
Posted: April 20, 2014, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

The last time the Ohio Lottery jackpot was won was back on December 7 2011 when one ticket matched the six main numbers to win a jackpot worth $2.7 million.

Folks have won MM & PB jackpots with greater odds since 2011- whats the deal with the OCL? Perhaps Ohioans have given up trying- what be your theory apart from" They have not figured out the right combination yet!

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40341 Posts
    Posted: April 20, 2014, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

Soon as I drive down and get my ticket, the problem will be solved.Big Grin

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: April 21, 2014, 12:36 am - IP Logged

The last time the Ohio Lottery jackpot was won was back on December 7 2011 when one ticket matched the six main numbers to win a jackpot worth $2.7 million.

Folks have won MM & PB jackpots with greater odds since 2011- whats the deal with the OCL? Perhaps Ohioans have given up trying- what be your theory apart from" They have not figured out the right combination yet!

There you go again not understanding basic math.

Seems like people in Ohio truly got it. Did you think about that?

Forget whether they have or haven't figured out the right combination, you can't even wipe the snot off your nose the correct way.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4105 Posts
        Posted: April 21, 2014, 12:43 am - IP Logged

There you go again not understanding basic math.

Seems like people in Ohio truly got it. Did you think about that?

Forget whether they have or haven't figured out the right combination, you can't even wipe the snot off your nose the correct way.

Instead of criticizing the post- why don't you tell us why it has not been won apart from them not " hitting the right combination"?

Since you mentionedForget whether they have or haven't figured out the right combination"

Why don't you educate us on how basic math works so that Ohioans can win this lotto- you have the floor, go for it!!

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2014, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Instead of criticizing the post- why don't you tell us why it has not been won apart from them not " hitting the right combination"?

Since you mentionedForget whether they have or haven't figured out the right combination"

Why don't you educate us on how basic math works so that Ohioans can win this lotto- you have the floor, go for it!!

The lower the JP prize, the less people play, therefore, the JP will take longer to hit. And the opposite works just as well but quicker. Like when a JP is large like PB/MM. In fact it behaves faster in the opposite. The media blitz enhances the sales exponentially, leading to an explosion of a major JP win eventually, just soley based on the sheer number of participants. 

Hope that explained it.

oh438's avatar - dragon1
            youngstown, ohio
            United States
            Member #80604
            September 30, 2009
            4229 Posts
            Posted: April 21, 2014, 12:51 am - IP Logged

My personal belief is with liquidity (not enough players per drawing) vs the odds of a winning ticket.  Most drawings see an increase of 100k to 300k in prize poll.  I do not know the formula used for ticket purchased to increase prize poll but let's say it's 5 to 1 for every 5 ticket solds will add $1 to the prize poll.  5x300k = 1.5 tickets sold for the drawing. If all are unique and non repeats then there are about 12 million that can be drawn that no one has.  If we increase the ticket sells to 20 to 1 that's 4x more 20x300k= 6million tickets sold thus that's still 7.5 million possible combos that can not win. 

This is is just my theory not a proof of numbers.

Oh438

Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4105 Posts
              Posted: April 21, 2014, 12:53 am - IP Logged

The lower the JP prize, the less people play, therefore, the JP will take longer to hit. And the opposite works just as well but quicker. Like when a JP is large like PB/MM. In fact it behaves faster in the opposite. The media blitz enhances the sales exponentially, leading to an explosion of a major JP win eventually, just soley based on the sheer number of participants. 

Hope that explained it.

The jackpot is not lower... have you taken a look lately?

You assuming that there are not enough Ohioans playing the game, or have abandoned the game and gone onto trying the MM/PB instead. That is a guess on your part. You are full of hot air as you always have been.

United States
                Member #128790
                June 2, 2012
                5431 Posts
                Posted: April 21, 2014, 12:55 am - IP Logged

The jackpot is not lower... have you taken a look lately?

You assuming that there are not enough Ohioans playing the game, or have abandoned the game and gone onto trying the MM/PB instead. That is a guess on your part. You are full of hot air as you always have been.

2.7 million to 1 is much smaller than 175 million to 1. Duh !

See, you must be a troll. You have to be. lol

Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4105 Posts
                  Posted: April 21, 2014, 12:58 am - IP Logged

2.7 million to 1 is much smaller than 175 million to 1. Duh !

See, you must be a troll. You have to be. lol

The Ohio Classic Lotto is sitting at $67 Mil at present- you still have not answered the question, why it has not been won.

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: April 21, 2014, 1:06 am - IP Logged

The Ohio Classic Lotto is sitting at $67 Mil at present- you still have not answered the question, why it has not been won.

I just done told you !

Ok, let me explain it this way. As time goes by, even though it's a 2.7 million to 1 odds, you'd think people would jump on the chance of winning 67 million. But this goes back to what I wrote earlier the other night. When you base your tacticts on emotion, you slowly lose problem solving abilities. The best reason I can think of is because most people are thinking that even if they play at a chance at 67 million, there's a really good chance they'll be splitting it with a whole lot of people, so they don't bother playing. So, in effect, because the majority don't play is why the odds haven't been caught up to, so to speak.

Many years ago when I was like 12 years old, my older cousin told me something interesting about beautiful women. He said that most guys won't walk up to a beautiful women and start a conversation because the guy already assumed he wasn't worthy, and there's a very good chance that beautiful woman already has a mate, how can she not?

We're always assuming.

Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4105 Posts
                      Posted: April 21, 2014, 1:13 am - IP Logged

I just done told you !

Ok, let me explain it this way. As time goes by, even though it's a 2.7 million to 1 odds, you'd think people would jump on the chance of winning 67 million. But this goes back to what I wrote earlier the other night. When you base your tacticts on emotion, you slowly lose problem solving abilities. The best reason I can think of is because most people are thinking that even if they play at a chance at 67 million, there's a really good chance they'll be splitting it with a whole lot of people, so they don't bother playing. So, in effect, because the majority don't play is why the odds haven't been caught up to, so to speak.

Many years ago when I was like 12 years old, my older cousin told me something interesting about beautiful women. He said that most guys won't walk up to a beautiful women and start a conversation because the guy already assumed he wasn't worthy, and there's a very good chance that beautiful woman already has a mate, how can she not?

We're always assuming.

At long last you admitted something that l AGREE  with...." We Always Assuming"- so by your own admission, you cannot claim the high ground on this issue because you " assuming", your snot comment notwithstanding.

For instance Pennsylvania has a pop of 12.7- yet we find them winning jackpots.

Ohio has a pop of 11.5 and l think they have won either MM/PB  as well- my point is and always has been" why not win your own State Lottery?"- in this case Ohio's.

Posted: Jun 03, 2010 5:12 AM PDT

By Donna Willis

SUNBURY, Ohio -- Ohio’s first jackpot-winning Powerball ticket was sold at Hub Carryout in Sunbury.

NBC 4 reported.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19821 Posts
                        Posted: April 21, 2014, 2:42 am - IP Logged

At long last you admitted something that l AGREE  with...." We Always Assuming"- so by your own admission, you cannot claim the high ground on this issue because you " assuming", your snot comment notwithstanding.

For instance Pennsylvania has a pop of 12.7- yet we find them winning jackpots.

Ohio has a pop of 11.5 and l think they have won either MM/PB  as well- my point is and always has been" why not win your own State Lottery?"- in this case Ohio's.

Posted: Jun 03, 2010 5:12 AM PDT

By Donna Willis

SUNBURY, Ohio -- Ohio’s first jackpot-winning Powerball ticket was sold at Hub Carryout in Sunbury.

NBC 4 reported.

It's not the state population size that wins lotteries, it's ticket sales and Ohio is selling less than a million lines per drawing in a game that has almost 14 milliona possible combinations.  Their Rolling Cash5 game reached more than $860K recently before it was won.  Stuff like that happens with random games.  I'm sure players in neighboring states are starting to take notice and at some point they'll start playing too which will increase sales.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #124814
                          March 20, 2012
                          219 Posts
                          Posted: April 21, 2014, 5:30 am - IP Logged

It's not the state population size that wins lotteries, it's ticket sales and Ohio is selling less than a million lines per drawing in a game that has almost 14 milliona possible combinations.  Their Rolling Cash5 game reached more than $860K recently before it was won.  Stuff like that happens with random games.  I'm sure players in neighboring states are starting to take notice and at some point they'll start playing too which will increase sales.

Sounds like Ohio is a place to move to.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19821 Posts
                            Posted: April 21, 2014, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Sounds like Ohio is a place to move to.

You don't have to live in Ohio to play its games, out of state players use to buy Ohio lottery tickets all the time until they could buy PB and MM in their states.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #150370
                              December 20, 2013
                              451 Posts
                              Posted: April 21, 2014, 8:38 am - IP Logged

I live in ga. I flew up to buy 1 line for 10 draws

Page 1 of 13