Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why is the Ohio Classic Lotto so difficult to win?

Topic closed. 192 replies. Last post 2 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 6 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: April 29, 2014, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Precisely.

And tonight's drawing will be the 30th since the last time all Birthday Numbers were drawn.

Within the past year it's only gone longer than that once, which was 44 drawings after 9/11.

Since then, it's gone from a low of one drawing apart to a high of 18 drawings apart for an average of about 8 drawings apart.

The forecast is for Birthday Numbers and I am seeing silly Birthday Numbers, very silly ones, partially sequential and primarily low, nothing above 23.

Smoke Birthday Numbers my friend.

Light 'em up if ya got 'em.

I'm adjusting the upper limit of the Birthday Numbers from 23 to 25.

Nothing above 25.

I hope not too many have already booked flights or driven to Ohio and purchased tickets based on the previous calculus.

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: April 29, 2014, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

it's rolling for a couple of years that discourages local players.

That's it right there. When you have a game where it's hardly ever won, then people hardly ever want to play. Ohioans seem to have OCL fatigue.

Sales for last Ohio Classic Lotto draw were lower than both PB and MM, even though odds are better and JP is higher:

GameJPSales
    OCL$68.1M~$400K
    PB$40M$632K
    MM$59M$757K

Compare that to California SuperLotto Plus, which had higher sales than either PB or MM, when JP was higher or comparable and odds are better:

GameJPSales
    SLP$55M$3.83M
    PB$40M$2.35M
    MM$59M$2.62M

I told you the fracking fluid was making them dumb!!!!

At least people in CA are relatively intelligent.  Must be contact from the hippie days.

Who is the biggest employer in Ohio? 

It is either perhaps a natural gas company, or perhaps a military industrial complex company.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: May 1, 2014, 8:33 am - IP Logged

I'm adjusting the upper limit of the Birthday Numbers from 23 to 25.

Nothing above 25.

I hope not too many have already booked flights or driven to Ohio and purchased tickets based on the previous calculus.

"I hope not too many have already booked flights or driven to Ohio and purchased tickets based on the previous calculus."

From the size of the payouts amount I don't think you will have to worry about that, ticket sales seems to be normal.  Not many out of state buyers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
        Columbus, Ohio
        United States
        Member #128906
        June 5, 2012
        591 Posts
        Posted: May 1, 2014, 9:16 am - IP Logged

I've seriously been thinking about Ohio's other game, Rolling Cash.  Sure, the payout is less but 100k minimum and a 1 to 39 game seems decent.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: May 1, 2014, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

"I hope not too many have already booked flights or driven to Ohio and purchased tickets based on the previous calculus."

From the size of the payouts amount I don't think you will have to worry about that, ticket sales seems to be normal.  Not many out of state buyers.

"ticket sales seems to be normal.  Not many out of state buyers."

Yes, I have to assume the airlines were inundated with flight cancellations when word leaked out that I was changing the calculus.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19816 Posts
            Posted: May 2, 2014, 10:44 am - IP Logged

I've seriously been thinking about Ohio's other game, Rolling Cash.  Sure, the payout is less but 100k minimum and a 1 to 39 game seems decent.

If you ever expect to win Ohio's Rolling Cash5 you'll have to do more than just seriously think about it.  Good luck to you.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19816 Posts
              Posted: May 3, 2014, 11:33 am - IP Logged

it's rolling for a couple of years that discourages local players.

That's it right there. When you have a game where it's hardly ever won, then people hardly ever want to play. Ohioans seem to have OCL fatigue.

Sales for last Ohio Classic Lotto draw were lower than both PB and MM, even though odds are better and JP is higher:

GameJPSales
              OCL$68.1M~$400K
              PB$40M$632K
              MM$59M$757K

Compare that to California SuperLotto Plus, which had higher sales than either PB or MM, when JP was higher or comparable and odds are better:

GameJPSales
              SLP$55M$3.83M
              PB$40M$2.35M
              MM$59M$2.62M

GameJPSales
              OCL$68.1M~$400K
              PB$40M$632K
              MM$59M$757K

In spite of those MM sales compared with OCL sales,  Ohio has a promotion during May to increase MM sales when its jackpot is less than $100M.  Wagering $2 on MM tickets on draw night between 7:30PM and 10:45PM when its jackpot is less than $100M will earn a free MM quick pick.

Evil Looking       

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: May 3, 2014, 11:42 am - IP Logged

GameJPSales
                OCL$68.1M~$400K
                PB$40M$632K
                MM$59M$757K

In spite of those MM sales compared with OCL sales,  Ohio has a promotion during May to increase MM sales when its jackpot is less than $100M.  Wagering $2 on MM tickets on draw night between 7:30PM and 10:45PM when its jackpot is less than $100M will earn a free MM quick pick.

Whoa, I never heard of that one before! Wonder why only Ohio has that,(trying to kill OCL on purpose?) or other states have offered this promo too?(burning off excess cash?)

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                  The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
                  Elgin, IL
                  United States
                  Member #68867
                  January 1, 2009
                  1221 Posts
                  Posted: May 3, 2014, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Have I won anything. Here's my numbers

06-07-18-32-34-49

Kicker number 535176

If you played the above mentioned numbers in all 1,139 drawing, you would have matched 3 numbers 19 times. 

Within the 19 drawings:

6 hit 9 times

7 hit 9 times

18 hit 13 times

32 hit 7 times

34 hit 4 times

49 hit 13 times.

If you wheel the numbers 6 14 18 26 31 48 49 you will the following sets.

1. 06-14-18-26-31-48
                  2. 06-14-18-26-31-49
                  3. 06-14-18-26-48-49
                  4. 06-14-18-31-48-49
                  5. 06-14-26-31-48-49
                  6. 06-18-26-31-48-49
                  7. 14-18-26-31-48-49

If you played these 7 sets of numbers in all 1,139 drawings - You would have matched 4 & 5 hits as follows.

DATE#1#2#3#4#5#6Hits
                  2014-02-24610141848495
                  2014-02-12614182331495
                  2013-10-19618263848495
                  2013-02-06914183132494
                  2014-02-101826293748494
                  2007-10-271118263146484
                  2011-03-3019182631484
                  2008-03-151114263138484

Good Luck & Best Wishes To You.................................

LAKE HAVASU AZ
                    United States
                    Member #44729
                    August 8, 2006
                    446 Posts
                    Posted: May 3, 2014, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

heres my picks ...not in any order just random numbers it would take 3003 combos

18/33/19/40/08/43/11/15/02/07/01/16/36/41

some day....some day

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19816 Posts
                      Posted: May 3, 2014, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Whoa, I never heard of that one before! Wonder why only Ohio has that,(trying to kill OCL on purpose?) or other states have offered this promo too?(burning off excess cash?)

I think Ohio just wants to have more MM jackpot winners in state and keep more of its MM sales money at home.  Regardless of who wins OCL jackpots Ohio don't have to send 32% of its sales to another state to pay them and miss out on taxing it.

Evil Looking       

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                        Los Angeles, California
                        United States
                        Member #103813
                        January 5, 2011
                        1530 Posts
                        Posted: May 3, 2014, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

I think Ohio just wants to have more MM jackpot winners in state and keep more of its MM sales money at home.  Regardless of who wins OCL jackpots Ohio don't have to send 32% of its sales to another state to pay them and miss out on taxing it.

That's just it. Why pump up MM over OCL and send more money out of state?

For MM, about 1/3 of every dollar spent goes to the eventual-jackpot-winner retirement fund. And that winner rarely lives in Ohio, and won't pay income taxes or spend money there with the win.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: May 3, 2014, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

That's just it. Why pump up MM over OCL and send more money out of state?

For MM, about 1/3 of every dollar spent goes to the eventual-jackpot-winner retirement fund. And that winner rarely lives in Ohio, and won't pay income taxes or spend money there with the win.

I'm hoping by giving me an extra ticket for every two tickets I buy they are improving my chances of winning the jackpot and keeping it in the state.  I may buy 16 tickets for Tuesday drawing thus giving myself 24 chances to win.

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4102 Posts
                            Posted: May 3, 2014, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

I'm hoping by giving me an extra ticket for every two tickets I buy they are improving my chances of winning the jackpot and keeping it in the state.  I may buy 16 tickets for Tuesday drawing thus giving myself 24 chances to win.

RJOH- I am giving you a plug to win this thing.... when you ready!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19816 Posts
                              Posted: May 4, 2014, 11:30 am - IP Logged

RJOH- I am giving you a plug to win this thing.... when you ready!

Like anyone who buys a lottery I'm always ready to win when ever I spend a dollar for a ticket, it's just not likely to happen to me.  Like all lottery games it's not difficult for someone among a large group of players  to win but very difficult for a particular individual to win.

Evil Looking       

Page 6 of 13