Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why is the Ohio Classic Lotto so difficult to win?

Topic closed. 192 replies. Last post 2 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 4 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19831 Posts
Posted: April 24, 2014, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Winning combination 35-39-40-41-44-47 was completely out of the box and was only the third time that a winning combination didn't have any birthday numbers(1-31),  that's the reason Ohio Classic Lotto is so difficult to win.

If you want to win then play combinations completely out of the box.  Now the secret of winning OCL is out of the box too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #136507
    December 12, 2012
    55 Posts
    Posted: April 24, 2014, 8:38 am - IP Logged

Unless you were lucky to win the current OCL jackpot of $68 million and netting about $19 million after ALL taxes are deducted, forget about living off the interest of a smaller OCL jackpot as it starts as a $1 million annuity which would offer a cash option of about $300k after taxes.

Interest on the $19 million at today's rate would bring you about $80k per year. Interest on the starting jackpot cash option of $300k would support your lifestyle with about $120 in interest per month...not exactly enough to retire on.

The cash option on the curent JP is 34 mill, I didn't know they even take more taxs after that. Yea, a million aint worth nothing nowadays. I thought you would make more intrest on that much money. Though I suppose its how you invest it, you could possibly earn up to 100k or more if you get a good intrest rate. Though in todays market I doubt getting anything above 1.5 would be easy. I could live on 80k easy, I live with way less than that now lolJester

United States
      Member #136507
      December 12, 2012
      55 Posts
      Posted: April 24, 2014, 8:40 am - IP Logged

Thats what I've been doing lol but it keeps throwing curve balls. 1-2-3-4-5-6 might as well come out.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: April 24, 2014, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Thats what I've been doing lol but it keeps throwing curve balls. 1-2-3-4-5-6 might as well come out.

That could happen but that being the most popular combination played in six digit games you probably would be sharing the jackpot with fifty other winners if it ever came up.  When you compare how it has done in past drawings it has matched three 19 times and matched four once which is as well as most combinations that haven't won yet.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: April 24, 2014, 8:56 am - IP Logged

The cash option on the curent JP is 34 mill, I didn't know they even take more taxs after that. Yea, a million aint worth nothing nowadays. I thought you would make more intrest on that much money. Though I suppose its how you invest it, you could possibly earn up to 100k or more if you get a good intrest rate. Though in todays market I doubt getting anything above 1.5 would be easy. I could live on 80k easy, I live with way less than that now lolJester

The cash option is the real value of the prize before taxes.  The advertised jackpot is the amount that a 30 year annuity would payout if that cash was invested in one.

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2014, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

Winning combination 35-39-40-41-44-47 was completely out of the box and was only the third time that a winning combination didn't have any birthday numbers(1-31),  that's the reason Ohio Classic Lotto is so difficult to win.

If you want to win then play combinations completely out of the box.  Now the secret of winning OCL is out of the box too.

"...only the third time that a winning combination didn't have any birthday numbers..."

Exactly.

As we can clearly see now, everything is coming into alignment.

Expect more anomalies.

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11983 Posts
              Posted: April 24, 2014, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

"...only the third time that a winning combination didn't have any birthday numbers..."

Exactly.

As we can clearly see now, everything is coming into alignment.

Expect more anomalies.

Random is random. It takes 1 combination to win it all, but you can always buy more than 1.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7322 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2014, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

They added another $300,000 to the jackpot so the ticket sales weren't much more than that. Considering the sales, it's less than a 50% chance someone would purchase the correct birthday numbers even if every OCL player only played numbers under 32.

Maybe one of these drawings Ohio players will buy enough tickets where there is a reasonable chance of a winning ticket.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19831 Posts
                  Posted: April 24, 2014, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

They added another $300,000 to the jackpot so the ticket sales weren't much more than that. Considering the sales, it's less than a 50% chance someone would purchase the correct birthday numbers even if every OCL player only played numbers under 32.

Maybe one of these drawings Ohio players will buy enough tickets where there is a reasonable chance of a winning ticket.

There's always a reasonable chance of a winning ticket, someone just has to play the right combination.  I'll be doing my share toward that goal this Saturday by doubling the number of lines I play to 20. 

I'll be picking combinations I wouldn't normally play trying to stay out side the box.  Combinations I've rejected in previous drawings usually have never done better than a match 3 however there was a match 5 on my reject list a couple of months ago.

Evil Looking       

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11983 Posts
                    Posted: April 24, 2014, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Is winning the lottery a numbers game?

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11983 Posts
                      Posted: April 24, 2014, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

There's always a reasonable chance of a winning ticket, someone just has to play the right combination.  I'll be doing my share toward that goal this Saturday by doubling the number of lines I play to 20. 

I'll be picking combinations I wouldn't normally play trying to stay out side the box.  Combinations I've rejected in previous drawings usually have never done better than a match 3 however there was a match 5 on my reject list a couple of months ago.

Play previous drawings winning combinations.LOL

Seriously. Buy partial quick picks.

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11983 Posts
                        Posted: April 24, 2014, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

You are a true lottery player. You believe in randomness by playing 1-2-3-4-5 and 6.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: April 24, 2014, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Play previous drawings winning combinations.LOL

Seriously. Buy partial quick picks.

No winning OCL combination has ever repeated so previous winning combinations should be avoided, you'll be a day late and a dollar short.

Buying quick picks is fine if you have no strategy to pick particular numbers or to avoid repeating smaller combinations.

Evil Looking       

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            11983 Posts
                            Posted: April 24, 2014, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

No winning OCL combination has ever repeated so previous winning combinations should be avoided, you'll be a day late and a dollar short.

Buying quick picks is fine if you have no strategy to pick particular numbers or to avoid repeating smaller combinations.

What about partial Quick Picks? Combining QPS and SPS.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                              USA
                              United States
                              Member #152799
                              February 25, 2014
                              1094 Posts
                              Posted: April 24, 2014, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

What about partial Quick Picks? Combining QPS and SPS.

I'll be playing 3 of each for my next 10 draws. I only played QP's in my previous draws and have had (2) 3 out of 6 winners.

Page 4 of 13