Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: New National Game October 19th - Will You Play?

Topic closed. 94 replies. Last post 2 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

Will you play the upcoming national MONOPOLY Millionaires' Club game?

Definitely! [ 18 ]  [21.18%]
Maybe, I don't know. [ 21 ]  [24.71%]
No, $5 is too much for a ticket! [ 34 ]  [40.00%]
Depends on how it lives up to its claims. [ 12 ]  [14.12%]
Total Valid Votes [ 85 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
Happyland
United States
Member #146344
September 1, 2013
1129 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2014, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

As you all know, the new national game by MUSL, MONOPOLY Millionaires' Club, is launching October 19th and will draw once weekly on Friday nights. The game is RNG, and players choose (or QP) 5 from 52 balls; the secondary bonus pool features 1 from 28 Monopoly properties and will be quick pick-only. It will cost $5 per ticket, feature annuity jackpots between $15 million and $25 million (top odds around 1 in 72.8 million), and claims the potential for hundreds of millionaire "Club" winners (minimum 10 winners, increasing by 2 each drawing; wins only when jackpot gets hit, however). Overall odds are about 1 in 10, the total player payout is 50%, and there will be instant/website-based second chance opportunities outside the main drawing.

There are 20 states signed up to participate thus far, so some are missing from this list. But as of today, the game is launching in Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Iowa, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, South Dakota (I think; pretty sure), and New Hampshire (I think; pretty sure). Virginia, Ohio and Delaware are expected to join next year. Illinois, Florida and California are still considering joining either this year or next. The accompanying game show will be hosted by Billy Gardell and launch in 2015.

There has been some light discussion regarding the game before but as a broader topic, do you think you are going to play? Why or why not?

Have fun Big Smile

P.S. The website for the new game will be http://www.playmmc.com

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1497 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2014, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

May-be not, at this point I'm not too happy with national games.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7302 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2014, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

As you all know, the new national game by MUSL, MONOPOLY Millionaires' Club, is launching October 19th and will draw once weekly on Friday nights. The game is RNG, and players choose (or QP) 5 from 52 balls; the secondary bonus pool features 1 from 28 Monopoly properties and will be quick pick-only. It will cost $5 per ticket, feature annuity jackpots between $15 million and $25 million (top odds around 1 in 72.8 million), and claims the potential for hundreds of millionaire "Club" winners (minimum 10 winners, increasing by 2 each drawing; wins only when jackpot gets hit, however). Overall odds are about 1 in 10, the total player payout is 50%, and there will be instant/website-based second chance opportunities outside the main drawing.

There are 20 states signed up to participate thus far, so some are missing from this list. But as of today, the game is launching in Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Iowa, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, South Dakota (I think; pretty sure), and New Hampshire (I think; pretty sure). Virginia, Ohio and Delaware are expected to join next year. Illinois, Florida and California are still considering joining either this year or next. The accompanying game show will be hosted by Billy Gardell and launch in 2015.

There has been some light discussion regarding the game before but as a broader topic, do you think you are going to play? Why or why not?

Have fun Big Smile

P.S. The website for the new game will be http://www.playmmc.com

Can't say I won't play, but it really depends on how much the other 9 secondary prizes pay because the odds of winning more than $25 million jackpot prize are better by buying 5 MM tickets. The chances of winning $1 million with one $5 ticket are much worse than trying to win $1 million with 5 MM tickets because it can only be on the nights when the jackpot is won.

The conditions that players can select 5 of the 52 numbers, but can't select one of the 28 properties IMO will stop many potential players. People will play, but how many is very debatable.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10348 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2014, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

I had to vote Discard vote as there was no plain No option.

As far as I know, my state isn't going to be in it, otherwise, maybe.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2014, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Curiosity would make me try it once it's released but the $5 cost doesn't bring joy to my pockets. MA is not in it from what I see.

The ticket price is high and the fact that it's an RNG game makes it NOT my game.

That money's gone fo ever

Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1129 Posts
            Posted: August 16, 2014, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

I had to vote Discard vote as there was no plain No option.

As far as I know, my state isn't going to be in it, otherwise, maybe.

Sorry about that, I tried to keep the options as few and simple as possible.

You're in Illinois right? Yeah, I don't see them getting in soon but they're still discussing it so never know. Minds change alot

I do think Massachusetts is in. Could be wrong and they haven't announced anything though. They (MUSL) are pushing for the "big" states to jump on-board because without high participation the game will quickly fail. But it's obvious that doubt exists because 43 states participate in MM/PB versus 20 for this.

My complaints as mentioned before: poor payout for $5 level, overall odds should be more like 1 in 5, jackpots capped too low (especially since they are annuitized). RNG is disappointing, but I understand that they did it to compliment the Club prize drawings and shift more of the budget from drawing procedures into marketing and advertising, and doing the game show. The other prize levels have been posted in another thread; however, I've heard that even at this last minute they are making a few tweaks to the game rules...not sure if the modifications just involve rule language or the actual prize matrix, though. I think some issues involve conflict with the various lotteries' statutes (i.e. "instant" prize opportunities and the game show).

I will probably give the game a go just for fun but I won't be in from the start....going to wait until the # of Club prizes is high.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
              United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3854 Posts
              Posted: August 16, 2014, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

I first thought I would be playing every now & then, but RNG, no thanks.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                Member #135804
                November 29, 2012
                318 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2014, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Are those numbers real? There's no way I'm putting down $5 a ticket for 1 in 72.8 million odds to win $15-25M annuity

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #94283
                  July 17, 2010
                  2284 Posts
                  Posted: August 16, 2014, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Someone asked the Idaho Lottery about this on their facebook page just about a week ago.  They said it's true there's a new national game, and they would keep us updated with Idaho Lottery's involvement.  I assume this means they're not sure if Idaho will have it.

I took a survey for them about 6 months ago about whether I would play various games that were $5.  But in their scenarios they all were daily draws, so I said no way that's too much money.  Now they're trying to figure out if Idahoans would buy a $5 ticket once a week.  That may have been easier if they had bothered to add that scenario to the survey.  Typical.

Happyland
                    United States
                    Member #146344
                    September 1, 2013
                    1129 Posts
                    Posted: August 16, 2014, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Are those numbers real? There's no way I'm putting down $5 a ticket for 1 in 72.8 million odds to win $15-25M annuity

Yes, very real. Originally the cap was going to be $50 million and the prize was going to be cash payout....this was even published in a lottery magazine. But then, they changed it to a measly $25 million and made it an annuity. I think they're afraid of the game competing with MM and PB and local games.

They're banking on players paying more attention to the "many" million-dollar Club prize winners, but since that only happens when the jackpot gets hit, I just don't see how the game will be exciting enough. The jackpot cap is just way too low for what they're asking in terms of ticket price and payout.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                      NY
                      United States
                      Member #121961
                      January 21, 2012
                      3157 Posts
                      Posted: August 16, 2014, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Not impressed but I'll think about it when todd gets the offical info.

Happyland
                        United States
                        Member #146344
                        September 1, 2013
                        1129 Posts
                        Posted: August 16, 2014, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Btw I was checking some of the participating lotteries' websites and came across this announcement posted on Texas' lottery home page:

"MONOPOLY MILLIONAIRES' CLUB™ GAME STARTS OCTOBER 19, 2014. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS." And attached was an informational document.

It's pretty much the same stuff so I guess all the rules are set in stone already. Shame, I was hoping they would re-consider the jackpot cap Disapprove

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                          Los Angeles, California
                          United States
                          Member #149492
                          December 2, 2013
                          919 Posts
                          Posted: August 16, 2014, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Nope.  No interest whatsoever with this game.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5592 Posts
                            Posted: August 16, 2014, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

I saw the info on TLC's website, but didn't even read it because as of right now I have no plans to play it. I'm not opposed to dropping $5 or more at a time on a game, but this game just seems too complicated. Maybe it's old age kicking in, but I'm content to just buy some numbers, and then check 'em.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Litebets27's avatar - power
                              Maryland
                              United States
                              Member #10465
                              January 14, 2005
                              6065 Posts
                              Posted: August 17, 2014, 7:20 am - IP Logged

I would really like to see full details of the game, the payouts and if you can claim anonymously.

Maryland seems to have made the list, but there has not been a mention of the game on the Maryland lottery website.

Which isn't surprise to me, as MDSL website is usually JACKED UP and late with the lottery news.

I may give it a try. 

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!