Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: New National Game October 19th - Will You Play?

Topic closed. 94 replies. Last post 2 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

Will you play the upcoming national MONOPOLY Millionaires' Club game?

Definitely! [ 18 ]  [21.18%]
Maybe, I don't know. [ 21 ]  [24.71%]
No, $5 is too much for a ticket! [ 34 ]  [40.00%]
Depends on how it lives up to its claims. [ 12 ]  [14.12%]
Total Valid Votes [ 85 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
Indiana
United States
Member #129225
June 13, 2012
546 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2014, 8:10 am - IP Logged

Thanks LottoMetro for all the information on the game over the last six months.  I will try it when it comes out in October and then see I how feel about it.  I am not excited about the television program as I tend to stay away from those tickets here in Indiana.  But the game does have some interesting twists!

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1649 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2014, 11:25 am - IP Logged

You know, I actually told my buddy Thrifty that I wasn't really interested in this game for several reasons and downplayed it at the onset of its' introduction. But, after really looking over the details lately and the 1-52 parameters, it may just be worth a few shots and I'll explain why. When we look at other games like Pick 5/ Cash 5 and others which contain a much smaller parameter (1-38), it's understandable why participation is so limited. The payouts are structured in such a way that it's hard to justify playing and I'm surprised that this game is surviving. Granted, and I always say, winning any amount of money is better than none but folks take it too far when they opt to wait for a jackpot on PB/MM's to rise so high to justify playing. A five number win is 'life-changing' money on that front no matter how high the top prize is.

That said, if enough people are playing this game consistently and nearly maxing out the total combos, people will win fairly frequently which is why they've implemented such a cap. Gotta remember, 1-52 is way better than the 1-56...don't be fooled by the 'it's only four numbers' rationale. Think of it in terms of removing four numbers from the Pick 3 parameters. It's still a lot of numbers but, it'll be much easier to 'max out' on the combos IF enough people play regularly. That's the secret...some one should technically become a millionaire often while the game still does well. More players with less total combos for an easier shot at $1M just might make some real noise in the lotto world...even at $5.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1129 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2014, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I would really like to see full details of the game, the payouts and if you can claim anonymously.

Maryland seems to have made the list, but there has not been a mention of the game on the Maryland lottery website.

Which isn't surprise to me, as MDSL website is usually JACKED UP and late with the lottery news.

I may give it a try. 

Perhaps since Texas has started posting info, the other states will follow; I know that Indiana lottery has been making press announcements the last few weeks and New York a few. We're only 2 months to launch so things should definitely pick up soon. As far as anonymity it should be same as PB/MM...depends on state.

Maryland authorized the game back in their April commission meeting, they joined MUSL in July, and I'm assuming got legislature approval sometime since then.

My poll looks like a mixed bag; right now a little more than 40% say no while the others are confident, unsure, or skeptical that they will participate. Less than 17% know for sure they will play, but I imagine that will change as MMC evolves. This game is certainly going to be interesting. Thanks for voting Smile

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1649 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2014, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

I've decided I'm gonna play the first five draws...what the hell. No sense in waiting to see any type of draw results because you can't develop any type of real system for it anyway...too much variance. With any spark of luck I may be surprised sense I haven't played any JP game in well over a year anyhow.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Happyland
          United States
          Member #146344
          September 1, 2013
          1129 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2014, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

I've decided I'm gonna play the first five draws...what the hell. No sense in waiting to see any type of draw results because you can't develop any type of real system for it anyway...too much variance. With any spark of luck I may be surprised sense I haven't played any JP game in well over a year anyhow.

L.L.

No sense in waiting to see any type of draw results because you can't develop any type of real system for it anyway

LL, I imagine the fact that the Bonus ball/property is quick-pick only will discourage players from system play as well.

I will probably play but am going to wait to see how the first few rolls play out. The increase in Club prizes after the initial 10 is minimum 2 per draw, so this could get interesting if there are dozens of guaranteed millionaire prizes. This will depend of course on the level of participation, but most new games at least initially generate high play rates. Would be quite boring if the rollover was only 2 added Club prizes per draw....would take 5 draws to double the reset number.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
          If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19835 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2014, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

As you all know, the new national game by MUSL, MONOPOLY Millionaires' Club, is launching October 19th and will draw once weekly on Friday nights. The game is RNG, and players choose (or QP) 5 from 52 balls; the secondary bonus pool features 1 from 28 Monopoly properties and will be quick pick-only. It will cost $5 per ticket, feature annuity jackpots between $15 million and $25 million (top odds around 1 in 72.8 million), and claims the potential for hundreds of millionaire "Club" winners (minimum 10 winners, increasing by 2 each drawing; wins only when jackpot gets hit, however). Overall odds are about 1 in 10, the total player payout is 50%, and there will be instant/website-based second chance opportunities outside the main drawing.

There are 20 states signed up to participate thus far, so some are missing from this list. But as of today, the game is launching in Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Iowa, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, South Dakota (I think; pretty sure), and New Hampshire (I think; pretty sure). Virginia, Ohio and Delaware are expected to join next year. Illinois, Florida and California are still considering joining either this year or next. The accompanying game show will be hosted by Billy Gardell and launch in 2015.

There has been some light discussion regarding the game before but as a broader topic, do you think you are going to play? Why or why not?

Have fun Big Smile

P.S. The website for the new game will be http://www.playmmc.com

Yes Smash

Let it Snow Snowman

bub1964's avatar - cat anm.gif
              kentucky
              United States
              Member #158338
              August 19, 2014
              12 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2014, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

yes i will play it here in kentucky ..i like it because of the chance for a lot of million dollar winners

Happyland
                United States
                Member #146344
                September 1, 2013
                1129 Posts
                Posted: August 19, 2014, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Just wanted to update everyone and say that I have seen a copy of the final rules.

There were only a couple of changes, none affecting the matrix or how the game is played.

Namely, they will no longer refer to the jackpot as a jackpot, but rather "top prize." No idea why, other than perhaps distancing from PB/MM due to the "capped" nature of the prize. The Club prizes will drop the Monopoly moniker (probably a trademark issue) and just be called Millionaires' Club prizes. Now there will technically be "11" prize levels, just as I said there should have been in the beginning, since the Club prizes are actually separate from the jackpot and the odds depend on sales. They've also revised the prize pool % a bit but nothing significant. Most of the changes were just language and clarification. The rules are still considered draft but based on the changes made and how close we are to launch I think it's safe to say that they are set in stone, unless more than a minority of states bring up an issue, which is very unlikely.

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                  Northern Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #83350
                  December 5, 2009
                  1317 Posts
                  Posted: August 22, 2014, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

It depends on how the game treats lower- and middle-tier prize winners. If it robs them like Powerball and Mega Millions do, I'm not playing.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Happyland
                    United States
                    Member #146344
                    September 1, 2013
                    1129 Posts
                    Posted: September 2, 2014, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

22 jurisdiction have now signed on for the game; Minnesota and Washington D.C. are recent additions, and at least one of the Dakotas has also confirmed.

I found this recent tidbit hilarious: Minnesota's lottery director admitted that "Monopoly Millionaires Club is a complicated game."

If they think it's complicated, how do they think players will react? Second-drawings aside, I think the split player-pick / QP-only ticket will confuse players who are accustomed to having complete control over their ticket. Can you imagine someone getting a ticket and screaming at the clerk that the terminal chose a property/number they didn't want? LOL

Anyway, with less than 7 weeks until launch, I'm surprised that the lotteries haven't started advertising the game. The development committee bragged about jump-starting excitement for the game early, but I haven't even seen social media mentions. Perhaps they are waiting to see if any more states want to jump on board. I'm sure as we get closer to the end of the month they will start putting out campaigns.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #104962
                      January 23, 2011
                      1075 Posts
                      Posted: September 2, 2014, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

What states are in so far?

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                        Marquette, MI
                        United States
                        Member #20541
                        August 20, 2005
                        705 Posts
                        Posted: September 4, 2014, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

$25 million annuity is not at all tempting for $5.  If it was a LotoMax clone I would play for $50 million cash jackpots.

It is good to have choices but it looks to me as if the lottery is using that logic to divide and conquer.  There is going to come a time when there are so many games that nobody will win anything much on any of them.  That is probably the goal for all the lotteries.

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
                          Member #158848
                          September 5, 2014
                          294 Posts
                          Posted: September 10, 2014, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Not for me. RNG, ticket price too high, jackpot too low. Three strikes - I'm out!

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

Happyland
                            United States
                            Member #146344
                            September 1, 2013
                            1129 Posts
                            Posted: September 16, 2014, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Hello all,

Thanks to North Carolina lottery, I have come across an extensive Monopoly game show promotional video, it is about 6 minutes long:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B13c8k6XrexXUWxjOEp0eFQxSk0/

Tells how to play the game show, prizes, etc; not sure if "final" but it was attached to a slideshow presentation from last week (I assume Expo '14 conference).

Playslips should be hitting stores October 13th-ish. Also here is what ticket will somewhat look like (vary by state but layout theme is same):

MMC Ticket

Side note/disclaimer: content I have posted is public and reusable, no confidentiality embargo in place.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                              Marquette, MI
                              United States
                              Member #20541
                              August 20, 2005
                              705 Posts
                              Posted: September 16, 2014, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Hello all,

Thanks to North Carolina lottery, I have come across an extensive Monopoly game show promotional video, it is about 6 minutes long:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B13c8k6XrexXUWxjOEp0eFQxSk0/

Tells how to play the game show, prizes, etc; not sure if "final" but it was attached to a slideshow presentation from last week (I assume Expo '14 conference).

Playslips should be hitting stores October 13th-ish. Also here is what ticket will somewhat look like (vary by state but layout theme is same):

MMC Ticket

Side note/disclaimer: content I have posted is public and reusable, no confidentiality embargo in place.

Video said you need to collect a monopoly to enter to be on tv show.  It didn't say how long you had to collect it