Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: New National Game October 19th - Will You Play?

Topic closed. 94 replies. Last post 2 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

Will you play the upcoming national MONOPOLY Millionaires' Club game?

Definitely! [ 18 ]  [21.18%]
Maybe, I don't know. [ 21 ]  [24.71%]
No, $5 is too much for a ticket! [ 34 ]  [40.00%]
Depends on how it lives up to its claims. [ 12 ]  [14.12%]
Total Valid Votes [ 85 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7322 Posts
Posted: October 24, 2014, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

That's correct. In fact, one of the commercials I saw for MMC actually shows a ticket with XX as the first two characters in the Millionaires' Club number. The ticket layouts and encoding methods are identical for every state. They are aiming to be more 'uniform' with this game.

Thanks and thanks for doing a nice job of explaining a somewhat confusing game.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1129 Posts
    Posted: October 25, 2014, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Thanks and thanks for doing a nice job of explaining a somewhat confusing game.

Looks like no jackpot winner in the first draw which means no millionaires either, so you will have plenty of time to figure it out Wink

There were no $100K winners either, but there were six $20K winners (nationwide)! In total over 114,000 winners, with nearly 70,000 at the $5 prize level.

Sales figures should be interesting.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1129 Posts
      Posted: October 25, 2014, 2:38 am - IP Logged

Update:

I got sales reported by one of the larger participating lotteries and amazingly, the numbers align perfectly with the "average" I crunched from their forecasts back in June. These guys know their numbers! No idea how the other jurisdictions have fared. I've seen a bunch of confused players on Monopoly's Facebook page so the question remains if the game can sustain even this expected level of sales (lots of people wondering what to do with their MMC number etc). Mega Millions looks like it might be gearing up for frenzy mode soon so we'll see if MMC takes the back burner for awhile.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
        Member #71120
        February 19, 2009
        1209 Posts
        Posted: October 25, 2014, 5:26 am - IP Logged

When you lose thousands in your own state ,I have to give this poll a big fat never......RNG ..

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
          TX
          United States
          Member #121193
          January 4, 2012
          1637 Posts
          Posted: October 25, 2014, 8:16 am - IP Logged

I just noticed on my 2 tickets that in the 4th set of number/letter combos it was identical on both tickets "M04K5"....What?

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1129 Posts
            Posted: October 25, 2014, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I just noticed on my 2 tickets that in the 4th set of number/letter combos it was identical on both tickets "M04K5"....What?

On the web code? It is likely an identifier for the retailer. I can't really disclose how the web code is generated but it consists of a number of elements including the retailer ID. I haven't personally gotten a chance to examine tickets to identify each element though.

United States
              Member #160355
              October 25, 2014
              101 Posts
              Posted: October 25, 2014, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Look at the odds for the 2nd prize. The $100,000 one.  1 in 2,695,218. What a joke. Odds are much better playing your states cash 5 games.

Games should not be this confusing to play. Whoever designed this game should be fired ASAP. 

They are saying that they wanted to create a game offering more chances to "be a millionaire"..

if that is the case IMO offer a weekly Multi-state raffle at $20 price point. That would create winners every single

week instead of "nickel and diming" us with these ridiculous odds of winning games.

Happyland
                United States
                Member #146344
                September 1, 2013
                1129 Posts
                Posted: October 31, 2014, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

So 1,106,188 tickets were sold nationwide (23 jurisdictions) for this game's first draw. They're expecting to sell about 800,000 for tonight's draw.

Who all is playing tonight? Or is Mega Millions more your style Wink

DetroitLionBoy's avatar - Detroit01

United States
                  Member #159085
                  September 12, 2014
                  111 Posts
                  Posted: October 31, 2014, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

i like this game due to more than 1 person can be millionaires its just satisfying when someone wins it and than some1 else will win it to its a fun game. IMO much better than cash 4 life i didnt like it :/. Also have a chance to be on show to vegas which is awesome. I hope someone wins tonights monopoly game so i get to see someone win a million :). (i played the mega to and im hoping i win that than monopoly tonight OR MAYBE BOTH) who knows :)

Cash 4 life 3/5 numbers= $25 (9/1/14)
                  TAKE 5 4/5 numbers= $775.00 (2/21/15)

im bound to win the jackpot!!  Cool

frontenac, kansas
                    United States
                    Member #67724
                    December 3, 2008
                    199 Posts
                    Posted: November 3, 2014, 9:37 am - IP Logged

I just cant believe people claiming they cant understand the game, its pretty simple actually.  And as it was said it was designed to have several millionaire winners.  The game just got started but once it reaches jackpot status of 25 million and someone hits it then thats when the other millionaires will be drawn....if its not hit at 25 million its still capped at that amount and draws continue with the number being raised each draw until someone hits the main jackpot.

I see many complaining they not playing so be it...you dont play you have no chance of being one of the millioaires. 

Also I see people not playing the extra dollar on PB and MM.... I always do,  If i can hit the first 5 numbers and i put in the extra dollar then I will win at least a couple million, depends on the number drawn on PB number which is somewhere between 2, 3, 4 or 5 . If 4 is drawn then you win 4 million.  I like that concept and I am not going to let a buck keep me from haveing a better chance of winning a million plus.

So i am in on Monopoly.... its a good game and fun

DrMiracle's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcSZfr3g-6xRNhDA2-tgWdb5fVaacJgb_ybXvQWgy-qL1s6p
                      MARYLAND
                      United States
                      Member #119884
                      December 5, 2011
                      1636 Posts
                      Posted: November 3, 2014, 9:49 am - IP Logged

If there is NO Grand Prize winner, AND you didn't hit anything, Discard the TicketEek 

Shouldn't be like..wait! don't be upset!...there are more chances for you since you have paid $5 dollar per ticket

But exactly the opposite, IF someone HIT the jackpot, then you have more chances...so to get more chances 

& Jackpot..I have to spend $5 every week

I'd rather spend more on Mega Millions...more tickets more chances Yes Nod

"You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job and not be paid  for it." - Oprah Winfrey

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7322 Posts
                        Posted: November 3, 2014, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

If there is NO Grand Prize winner, AND you didn't hit anything, Discard the TicketEek 

Shouldn't be like..wait! don't be upset!...there are more chances for you since you have paid $5 dollar per ticket

But exactly the opposite, IF someone HIT the jackpot, then you have more chances...so to get more chances 

Many excellent pros and cons on this game and doesn't look like they are subject to change like when a MM or PB jackpot reaches record highs. I doubt there will be a ticket buying frenzy when the jackpot reaches $25 million so the selling point in this game should be the number of $1 million winners if the jackpot is won.

Because of the odds, it's more likely the number of $1 million winners will roll several drawings after the $25 million jackpot limit is met so the advertised jackpot should be $25 million cash value.

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11983 Posts
                          Posted: November 6, 2014, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Looks like no jackpot winner in the first draw which means no millionaires either, so you will have plenty of time to figure it out Wink

There were no $100K winners either, but there were six $20K winners (nationwide)! In total over 114,000 winners, with nearly 70,000 at the $5 prize level.

Sales figures should be interesting.

The buying frenzy will start at $25M top prize.

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            11983 Posts
                            Posted: November 6, 2014, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Many excellent pros and cons on this game and doesn't look like they are subject to change like when a MM or PB jackpot reaches record highs. I doubt there will be a ticket buying frenzy when the jackpot reaches $25 million so the selling point in this game should be the number of $1 million winners if the jackpot is won.

Because of the odds, it's more likely the number of $1 million winners will roll several drawings after the $25 million jackpot limit is met so the advertised jackpot should be $25 million cash value.

Can you imagine this game with a $100M starting jackpot? Hundreds of millionaires would be created trying to win that $100M top prize.

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11983 Posts
                              Posted: November 6, 2014, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

Which lottery game offers better prizes relative to money spent? You have to focus on the overall odds of winning something. Small prizes reduce your lottery losses, they keep you in the game.