Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: New National Game October 19th - Will You Play?

Topic closed. 94 replies. Last post 2 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 3 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

Will you play the upcoming national MONOPOLY Millionaires' Club game?

Definitely! [ 18 ]  [21.18%]
Maybe, I don't know. [ 21 ]  [24.71%]
No, $5 is too much for a ticket! [ 34 ]  [40.00%]
Depends on how it lives up to its claims. [ 12 ]  [14.12%]
Total Valid Votes [ 85 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
Happyland
United States
Member #146344
September 1, 2013
1129 Posts
Posted: September 17, 2014, 2:53 am - IP Logged

Video said you need to collect a monopoly to enter to be on tv show.  It didn't say how long you had to collect it

I think it's done on an ongoing basis; each lottery picks 3 players at random who have completed a monopoly, those players go on the show. There will be multiple episodes produced every season. During the off-season they will just keep collecting players into the pool that they will choose from for the next episodes. I don't think it's going to be 'easy' to make a monopoly...remember players have to buy a ticket to collect each property, doesn't even factor in duplicates....obviously the lottery has it all figured out and can estimate how many players will be in the running and eligible. Also, since it's a point-based system where each property has a different number of points, some players will have a more valuable monopoly than others etc.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Think's avatar - lightbulb
    Marquette, MI
    United States
    Member #20541
    August 20, 2005
    705 Posts
    Posted: September 18, 2014, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Did you notice "www.playmmc.com"  ?

Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1129 Posts
      Posted: September 19, 2014, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Did you notice "www.playmmc.com"  ?

Yes Big Smile

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/279345/3740543

I wonder when they will put stuff on it though. One month to launch and nothing about it. I'm surprised they aren't hyping it up now

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

Happyland
        United States
        Member #146344
        September 1, 2013
        1129 Posts
        Posted: September 22, 2014, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure if other states will be doing this, but the first drawing (Oct. 24th) the North Carolina Lottery will be conducting a separate drawing and giving away a guaranteed $1 million (regardless if the jackpot gets hit). This is in addition to the regular drawing. I assume that anyone in NC who buys a MMC ticket will qualify.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6290 Posts
          Posted: September 23, 2014, 9:32 am - IP Logged

Doesn't look like Oklahoma is participating Mad $5 is a lot of money but at least give me the option. I guess that's why our lottery games suxs and they wonder why sales are down.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
            Member #158848
            September 5, 2014
            294 Posts
            Posted: September 23, 2014, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Doesn't look like Oklahoma is participating Mad $5 is a lot of money but at least give me the option. I guess that's why our lottery games suxs and they wonder why sales are down.

Oklahoma's lottery is weak because the state population is so small. Other small states have the same problem - not enough players to build large jackpots. Scratchers usually suck in smaller states also, for the same reason.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

United States
              Member #149820
              December 9, 2013
              644 Posts
              Posted: September 25, 2014, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Im sure alot of people will play in the beginning, but if a whole lot of people start winning like they say then it might take off pretty good. Hardcore players wont care anyways theyll buy a ticket just to be in it

Happyland
                United States
                Member #146344
                September 1, 2013
                1129 Posts
                Posted: September 25, 2014, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

What states are in so far?

Okay here's the skinny on states. 23 will be in it from the start (Florida is latest addition), and 7 will be joining in January (Ohio is latest addition).

As far as confirmed participating jurisdictions, I have:

• Arizona
                • Arkansas
                • Georgia
                • Kentucky
                • Iowa
                • Indiana
                • Maine (pending)
                • Maryland
                • Michigan
                • Missouri
                • New Mexico (pending)
                • New Jersey
                • New York
                • North Carolina
                • Pennsylvania
                • Tennessee*
                • Texas
                • South Dakota
                • Florida
                • Minnesota
                • Washington, D.C.
                • Ohio (2015)
                • Idaho (2015)
                • Delaware (2015)
                • Virginia (2015)
                • North Dakota (2015)

*TN lottery's director is on MMC committee so participation is assumed.

Yes, I'm missing some. Unfortunately many lotteries are slow at announcements. I think it's safe to say all or most MUSL member states will be participating.

Happyland
                  United States
                  Member #146344
                  September 1, 2013
                  1129 Posts
                  Posted: September 27, 2014, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Okay, New Mexico is definitely playing (was only 99% sure before), and California will be joining in 2015 (let the conspiracies on Club prize winners commence) Big Smile

http://www.nmlottery.com/games/mmc/

By the way, probably have said this before, but only 1 play is printed per ticket, regardless how many you play. So if you fill out all 4 boards on a playslip you will receive 4 tickets. They had to do this because each play is assigned a unique Millionaires' Club number. There is no advance play or subscriptions. No cancels either.

Happyland
                    United States
                    Member #146344
                    September 1, 2013
                    1129 Posts
                    Posted: October 1, 2014, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

Missing from my list for those participating at the start (October) is New Hampshire* and Rhode Island. Maine is also a yes.

Kansas, Vermont, Wisconsin and West Virginia are on the shortlist to join in 2015, in addition to those already mentioned.

Any other states not listed either aren't planning to join whatsoever, or they may do so in 2016.

*Originally listed but omitted from list above.

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11978 Posts
                      Posted: October 2, 2014, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

This game will be a failure. $5 for a single line is insane.

Happyland
                        United States
                        Member #146344
                        September 1, 2013
                        1129 Posts
                        Posted: October 3, 2014, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

This game will be a failure. $5 for a single line is insane.

Whatever happened to "it's okay to dream!"? LOL

I think it will be a success if they end up with as many millionaires as they expect. The problem is getting there; hit too often and only get a handful, not often enough and players will tire and get bored.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                          Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #129225
                          June 13, 2012
                          546 Posts
                          Posted: October 3, 2014, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Whatever happened to "it's okay to dream!"? LOL

I think it will be a success if they end up with as many millionaires as they expect. The problem is getting there; hit too often and only get a handful, not often enough and players will tire and get bored.

I agree!  I saw the first advertisement for it today when I picked up my MM/PB tickets.

Happyland
                            United States
                            Member #146344
                            September 1, 2013
                            1129 Posts
                            Posted: October 5, 2014, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Snagged this little gem from Maryland Lottery's website....just to give an idea of how it will look. This is dummy data of course (drawings will be Fridays), but I think it's interesting that they are distancing from the cash option (on the website you have to click the "+" to see the cash option). I wonder how the digital signage will deal with 2 different prize representations.

MMC MD

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                              Lavender Rocket

United States
                              Member #124616
                              March 16, 2012
                              2642 Posts
                              Posted: October 5, 2014, 4:59 am - IP Logged

Nope - no one sells it close to my home - so my choice has been made for me!  However, even IF it was sold at the corner store, I would take a pass.  It's still a struggle to mentally grasp spending 3$ for a PB ticket... 5$ would not fly for me.