Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: New National Game October 19th - Will You Play?

Topic closed. 94 replies. Last post 2 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

Will you play the upcoming national MONOPOLY Millionaires' Club game?

Definitely! [ 18 ]  [21.18%]
Maybe, I don't know. [ 21 ]  [24.71%]
No, $5 is too much for a ticket! [ 34 ]  [40.00%]
Depends on how it lives up to its claims. [ 12 ]  [14.12%]
Total Valid Votes [ 85 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
Member #32537
February 12, 2006
698 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2014, 1:42 am - IP Logged

shout-out  to LottoMetro for sharing the info so far.  I think he even has access to the same stuff I do! LOL

Sense where so close to live, it's time for more details gentlemen.

This is just a good math guest of what rolls (may) look like.

According to the simulations that have been run, an average jackpot run is 12 drawings with a Top Prize of $25M and 77 Millionaires’ Club winners. That average is based on the full population of the game.

The Top Prize will be an annuity structure consistent with Mega Millions consisting of a 5% graduated annuity spread over 30 payments (29 years). There will be a cash option.

($15 million to $18 million, then $18 million to $21 million, and finally $21 million to $25 million). The club prizes start at 10, $1 million dollar prizes and increase each week the Top Prize is not hit.

Sense cap is Annuity of 25m, and  interest rates change how much cash is needed to fund 25 million annuity cap , the  cash option will change.

However $15,100,000 is what the 25 million mega millions offered in cash to fund 25 annuity a month ago, so it be around 15m give or take atm.

So it take about 4 weeks before cap of 25 is hit, and 1 million dollar prizes will only go up 2 per draw for about 5 draws!

It's the 6th draw that it really starts to take off for million dollar raffle growing more then 2 per draw.

As you know about 2nd chance  web game, When you get a  monopoly, you get entries awarded  per value of that monopoly

Here are the number of entries awarded per monopoly.

Mediterranean Avenue & Baltic Avenue 2
Oriental Avenue & Vermont Avenue & Connecticut Avenue 4
St. Charles Place & States Avenue & Virginia Avenue 6
St. James Place & Tennessee Avenue & New York Avenue 8
Kentucky Avenue & Indiana Avenue & Illinois Avenue 10
Atlantic Avenue & Ventnor Avenue & Marvin Gardens 12
Pacific Avenue & North Carolina Avenue & Pennsylvania Avenue 15
Park Place & Boardwalk 20
Reading RR & Pennsylvania RR & B&O RR & Short Line RR 16
Electric Company & Water Works 10

Am a fan of the Park Place & Boardwalk! Thumbs Up

Heads up very first time you guys play, you will be given a free monopoly.  so everyone gets a chance to go on show, in other words free entries the very first time you enter online!

If you win that trip this is what you get.

The trip includes airfare, hotel accommodations, ground transportation to and from the airport as well as to Game Show tapings and meals. Winners will also receive $500 spending money approximately 2 weeks before their travel date.

On a more personal level, i think it's bs they don't give top hats to jackpot winners.  it may be smallest of things, however as a monopoly fan, the top hat is a must!Green laugh

I have the anticipation  some winners will dress up as mr moneybags when they go to claim main prize, that will make my day.

No bees, no honey.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1129 Posts
    Posted: October 17, 2014, 10:58 am - IP Logged

shout-out  to LottoMetro for sharing the info so far.  I think he even has access to the same stuff I do! LOL

Sense where so close to live, it's time for more details gentlemen.

This is just a good math guest of what rolls (may) look like.

According to the simulations that have been run, an average jackpot run is 12 drawings with a Top Prize of $25M and 77 Millionaires’ Club winners. That average is based on the full population of the game.

The Top Prize will be an annuity structure consistent with Mega Millions consisting of a 5% graduated annuity spread over 30 payments (29 years). There will be a cash option.

($15 million to $18 million, then $18 million to $21 million, and finally $21 million to $25 million). The club prizes start at 10, $1 million dollar prizes and increase each week the Top Prize is not hit.

Sense cap is Annuity of 25m, and  interest rates change how much cash is needed to fund 25 million annuity cap , the  cash option will change.

However $15,100,000 is what the 25 million mega millions offered in cash to fund 25 annuity a month ago, so it be around 15m give or take atm.

So it take about 4 weeks before cap of 25 is hit, and 1 million dollar prizes will only go up 2 per draw for about 5 draws!

It's the 6th draw that it really starts to take off for million dollar raffle growing more then 2 per draw.

As you know about 2nd chance  web game, When you get a  monopoly, you get entries awarded  per value of that monopoly

Here are the number of entries awarded per monopoly.

Mediterranean Avenue & Baltic Avenue 2
    Oriental Avenue & Vermont Avenue & Connecticut Avenue 4
    St. Charles Place & States Avenue & Virginia Avenue 6
    St. James Place & Tennessee Avenue & New York Avenue 8
    Kentucky Avenue & Indiana Avenue & Illinois Avenue 10
    Atlantic Avenue & Ventnor Avenue & Marvin Gardens 12
    Pacific Avenue & North Carolina Avenue & Pennsylvania Avenue 15
    Park Place & Boardwalk 20
    Reading RR & Pennsylvania RR & B&O RR & Short Line RR 16
    Electric Company & Water Works 10

Am a fan of the Park Place & Boardwalk! Thumbs Up

Heads up very first time you guys play, you will be given a free monopoly.  so everyone gets a chance to go on show, in other words free entries the very first time you enter online!

If you win that trip this is what you get.

The trip includes airfare, hotel accommodations, ground transportation to and from the airport as well as to Game Show tapings and meals. Winners will also receive $500 spending money approximately 2 weeks before their travel date.

On a more personal level, i think it's bs they don't give top hats to jackpot winners.  it may be smallest of things, however as a monopoly fan, the top hat is a must!Green laugh

I have the anticipation  some winners will dress up as mr moneybags when they go to claim main prize, that will make my day.

That would be a correct assessment Thumbs Up

Thank you for adding/repeating some interesting stuff. It should be pointed out that the lottery will be operating with a loss for the first few drawings given the sales they are projecting for the partial population to start. The number of Club prizes may in fact only increase by the minimum 2 for more draws (worse sales than expected), or may in fact increase significantly after the first two (better sales than expected). I also think they made a flaw in their simulations by using a constant annuity factor (I don't have access to the 'actual' simulations so can't say whether they modeled that or not, I just know the game structure presentation used 58.5%). Since the top prize is funded first they might have to revise downward the number of Club prizes in the event of a interest rate drop.

Adding to what you mentioned about the online game, I will remark that PLAYERS CANNOT TRADE MONOPOLY PROPERTIES and they are only allowed one account. So the whole trading thing that goes on with the McDonald's game won't work....although technically I guess you could swap tickets with someone in your state before entering the codes (?). You are also advised to enter your webcode BEFORE cashing the ticket as many retailers will not give you back the ticket.

I too am puzzled why the top prize winner doesn't get a top hat other than the fact they technically aren't a "Millionaires' Club" winner. Hopefully they change that, I mean it's not like the extra $100 (Green laugh) is going to kill them.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
      Baltimore, MD
      United States
      Member #143332
      May 30, 2013
      398 Posts
      Posted: October 17, 2014, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Since I like Monopoly, I'll give it a shot.

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #129225
        June 13, 2012
        546 Posts
        Posted: October 19, 2014, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

I have my ticket for the Monopoly game.  I was hoping for Park Place but I got Baltic Ave. instead!  But I am officially a player in the new game.

DetroitLionBoy's avatar - Detroit01

United States
          Member #159085
          September 12, 2014
          111 Posts
          Posted: October 19, 2014, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

im just waiting on how this game still works. ima see how results work on this

Cash 4 life 3/5 numbers= $25 (9/1/14)
          TAKE 5 4/5 numbers= $775.00 (2/21/15)

im bound to win the jackpot!!  Cool

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
            Winning makes me smile.
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90251
            April 24, 2010
            4878 Posts
            Posted: October 19, 2014, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Well this probably won't sway you but I heard something that also makes this game kinda unique. Every club prize winner is going to receive a custom-made top hat, embroidered with their initials (container will be embroidered with name) and everything. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the top prize winner won't get one Disapprove Interestingly, some states may withhold extra $$$ for taxes since this could be considered part of the prize.

Based on the marketing materials I've seen it looks like they are going to be pushing the Monopoly top hat icon so much you will be sick of it in a few months LOL

You're right. I don't like wearing hats either...

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
              Winning makes me smile.
              bel air maryland
              United States
              Member #90251
              April 24, 2010
              4878 Posts
              Posted: October 19, 2014, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

This monopoly game gonna flop harder than Paris Hilton singing career

What!!?? Paris Hilton had a singing career? Dam*, I can't believe I missed it.  LOL

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Happyland
                United States
                Member #146344
                September 1, 2013
                1129 Posts
                Posted: October 19, 2014, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

You're right. I don't like wearing hats either...

Green laugh

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                  Marquette, MI
                  United States
                  Member #20541
                  August 20, 2005
                  705 Posts
                  Posted: October 19, 2014, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

I forgot the game started today.  This is the first game I remember where I didn't rush out to be the first one on my block to buy a ticket.

If I ever buy a ticket for this one it wont be til next year if at all.Yawn

NASHVILLE, TENN
                    United States
                    Member #33372
                    February 20, 2006
                    1044 Posts
                    Posted: October 19, 2014, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Since I can not pick 5 numbers from 39, I will give 5/52 a pass.

United States
                      Member #145267
                      August 1, 2013
                      1534 Posts
                      Posted: October 22, 2014, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Another national game that the same states will win over and over again, no.

Happyland
                        United States
                        Member #146344
                        September 1, 2013
                        1129 Posts
                        Posted: October 22, 2014, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Another national game that the same states will win over and over again, no.

Which states do you believe will win the most? FYI California's not going to be in it until 2015.

Depending on the number of prizes this game could have one or more winners in every state. That would be pretty cool Smile

noahwill's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                          Melbourne
                          Australia
                          Member #160219
                          October 22, 2014
                          42 Posts
                          Posted: October 23, 2014, 4:49 am - IP Logged

Will this be available online, like the other big multi-state lotteries? So if you're not in one of those states or even not in the US, can you play it?

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7314 Posts
                            Posted: October 24, 2014, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

When I got some tickets, I noticed the Millionaire Club Numbers have a "KY" before the 12 numbers. I'm assuming that each state lottery's Monopoly tickets use their state initials, but am asking to make sure.

Happyland
                              United States
                              Member #146344
                              September 1, 2013
                              1129 Posts
                              Posted: October 24, 2014, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

When I got some tickets, I noticed the Millionaire Club Numbers have a "KY" before the 12 numbers. I'm assuming that each state lottery's Monopoly tickets use their state initials, but am asking to make sure.

That's correct. In fact, one of the commercials I saw for MMC actually shows a ticket with XX as the first two characters in the Millionaires' Club number. The ticket layouts and encoding methods are identical for every state. They are aiming to be more 'uniform' with this game.