Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who plays more, who loses more?

Topic closed. 98 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2015, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Who do you think plays more tickets (lines), people playing quick picks or self picks?

(Keep it to jackpot games)

Who do you think loses more, money wise? Consider that most tickets are losers.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1707 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2015, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I think people play more QP, and probably lose more $$ playing QP, in a Jackpot game.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4110 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2015, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

These words ring true Eternal..

Image result for remove all doubt

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2015, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

According to the media, 70% of tickets bought in most draws are quick picks. The qp crowd wins hands down. If they play more then it makes sense that they win/lose more.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
          Member #145267
          August 1, 2013
          1534 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2015, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

I think people who play quick picks loose more.  My thought is that people who play their own numbers may study the, say powerball numbers week after week, year after year to come up a feel good set of numbers.  They may not win big, but I think they may get some of there money back.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4110 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2015, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Who do you think plays more tickets (lines), people playing quick picks or self picks?

(Keep it to jackpot games)

Who do you think loses more, money wise? Consider that most tickets are losers.

QP's no doubt. Some people are not capable of picking their own numbers, they want machines to do everything for them. So yeah- Quick Picks.

Image result for if it's not your time

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
              nc
              United States
              Member #99520
              October 26, 2010
              375 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2015, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

My observation in line, is that most people play qp. I play one set that i picked years ago. I have a second set that I play obce in a while that was initially a quick pick.  So is it a qp or a chosen number... I hVe won larger prizes on my self pick, won more often with qp.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                Member #165541
                April 12, 2015
                545 Posts
                Posted: July 29, 2015, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

According to the media, 70% of tickets bought in most draws are quick picks. The qp crowd wins hands down. If they play more then it makes sense that they win/lose more.

Did you not know that the media is a Wh**e?

Do you believe everything you hear in the media?

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2015, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Did you not know that the media is a Wh**e?

Do you believe everything you hear in the media?

This is directly from the powerball website FAQ section

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?

About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10354 Posts
                    Posted: July 29, 2015, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

I'm thinking a little differently. I'd say that the mot common QP ticket is one line, but those that like to pick their own numbers are more likely to play more than one line.

So in volume of tickets sold, as the websites tell us 70 -80% are quick picks, but as for money made by the lottery per individual ticket I'm thinking self picks. Of course the lotteries love both methods of play and just count the $$$$ coming in.

To SilverLion,

It's no great surprise that you are part of the spite rating club, if that's all you got you must have one sad life.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                      Member #165541
                      April 12, 2015
                      545 Posts
                      Posted: July 29, 2015, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

This is directly from the powerball website FAQ section

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?

About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

Ok.  You win.   

MUSL does no wrong.   They dont lie.  They are incorruptible.

There website is the word of god.

Unless they work in Illonois.

They know the odds. 

They know nobody can win.

But they change the matrix anyway.

We need some more one stars here.  Cmon people!

United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10354 Posts
                        Posted: July 29, 2015, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

I didn't post the stat from the MUSL this time, Einstein.

I also don't spell Illinois like you do.

Making 1-star ratings is one thing, asking others to can get you sent to the land of no avatar.

You only proved yourself to be a low rent, bush league sleaze ball.

Lep

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3300 Posts
                          Posted: July 29, 2015, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

I cant say who pays more, or wins more. just that last yeare i had an average return of %32, and so far this years its tracking along at $22%.

meaning for every $100 I bet, I get back $22 in wins, and $32  last years.

oh and i play my own numbers, hehe usually the same one unless they really suck, then i might change them.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                            nc
                            United States
                            Member #99520
                            October 26, 2010
                            375 Posts
                            Posted: July 30, 2015, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Hey Silverlion,

thank you for reminding me to rate this thread! Almost forget to give it a 5 star salute! 

Savagegoose, my return is 19% this year....

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4110 Posts
                              Posted: July 30, 2015, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Gee savagegoose , do l understand you correctly that you gave this thread " One Star rating " because your return on your investment is pretty bad and that your own numbers really suck?. How is that Coin's fault?