Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who plays more, who loses more?

Topic closed. 98 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Stack47.

Page 3 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4106 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2015, 1:37 am - IP Logged

Whose ?

Image result for tin kitty  Image result for tin kitty

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2015, 1:45 am - IP Logged

I'll say QPs for both ? since it's fast and that's what most pools choose, but I've seen players fill out more lines on slips for MM then PB probably because of the cost.

Lisbon
      Portugal
      Member #167185
      June 29, 2015
      22 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2015, 5:51 am - IP Logged

When I play birthday numbers I included the year.  Since I'm fairly old that only gets me up to 42 but younger people could go all the way to 97.

So you were born in 42?

You are pretty old RJOH!!

Now tell me 42 b.c or a.c?

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2015, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

Gee savagegoose , do l understand you correctly that you gave this thread " One Star rating " because your return on your investment is pretty bad and that your own numbers really suck?. How is that Coin's fault?

ooops

i thought i clicked 4* i never usually rate any posts. so sorry  coin toss. but 1 is more than i usually give! how can i edit it?

but your conclusion is based on a false premise based on no data i think its called post hoc. " or this  comes after  this "   so it  must be the cause.

but my   bumbling clicking was the cause. i except  my numbers my fault.

ALTHOUGH !

my flat mate has  agreed to tell me his bets and winnings for the next    several months maybe a year, and he always plays quick picks, so i will have comparable data.  unless either of us hits a big one, that will be   cut off, as too exceptional so   likely to skew the data

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2015, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

If your returns are anything like your predictions stats, then you're doing even worst. Wink

ok challenge accepted. ill make some predictions using my 10 free per draw on mega and powerball,. for 7 draws using my  ea number only once  method

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2015, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

ok challenge accepted. ill make some predictions using my 10 free per draw on mega and powerball,. for 7 draws using my  ea number only once  method

If hard to win 20% of the cost on either PB or MM without winning a decent prize and that's seldom done by premium members with 50 picks but good luck. Wink

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
              TX
              United States
              Member #121193
              January 4, 2012
              1637 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2015, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Gotta beeeeeee.....the QP

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
                The Quantum Master
                West Concord, MN
                United States
                Member #21
                December 7, 2001
                3675 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2015, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

How quick pick does a self pick, pick, if a self pick could quick picks?

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                Wisdom is Not Censored
                Douglas Paul Smallish
                Jehocifer

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: July 31, 2015, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

How quick pick does a self pick, pick, if a self pick could quick picks?

In Ohio and I suppose in other states too you can replay and old ticket so an old ticket that was a QP is a Self Pick the second time around but a Self Pick is always a Self Pick no matter how quickly it goes around.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10348 Posts
                    Posted: July 31, 2015, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

savagegoose,

No problem, I know the star wasn't for spite.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7308 Posts
                      Posted: August 1, 2015, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Stack47,

As noise-gate pointed out, some here seem to be in denial about how many QPs are played.

Some people think that everyone else plays like they do.

But for the purpose of this thread, let's say I'm a $2 MM player, always play one line and the Megaplier.

Let's also say that you or someone else who put hours into theories, tracking past results, etc.  picks your own numbers and plays $10 a draw, a lot more if the JP is pumped up.

Neither one of us wins a thing.

Now, who lost more?

And for any given drawing, who loses more, people playing one line, often QPs, or people paying multiple lines of self picks?

In other words, who loses more relative to the buy in?

"In other words, who loses more relative to the buy in?"

In Friday's drawing, 15,604,534 million MM tickets were sold and assuming about 70% to 80% of those tickets were QPs, between 11 million and 12.5 million were QPs. There were 1,061,051 winning tickets sold (6.8% of the sales) and again assuming 70% to 80% of the winners were QPs 200K to 300K were self picks.

Without any exact sales figures of actual number of QPs and the exact number of QPs winners, it's impossible to determine "relative to buy in". But it's obvious for that drawing whichever the jackpot winner was (qp or self pick), won more than the other. If your 70% to 80% statistics are correct, QPs will always be that percentage of sales and winning tickets.

Do the math, if 10 players each bought 1 QP and if 1 player bought 5 self picks and none of the tickets won anything, who lost more?

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                        Wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #104962
                        January 23, 2011
                        1075 Posts
                        Posted: August 1, 2015, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

These words ring true Eternal..

Image result for remove all doubt

Keep in mind it applies to you too.

Trump 2016!

United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10348 Posts
                          Posted: August 1, 2015, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Stack47,

Assuming we're talking $1 per ticket, the QP players each lost $1, the self pick player lost $5.

For 'relative to the buy in', let's say there were two winners who won $500 each. One of them had played $1 and the other had played $50, now who won more, RELATIVE TO THE BUY IN.

For the gist of this thread (silly me, or so I thought) someone would mention that someone stops for gas, chips, etc...and the clerk says, "Want to play tonight's lotto?", so they spend a buck on a QP, as opposed to someone with a system who has multiple playslips already filled out.

I'm not sure any state lotto operator or the NUSL would release the stats, so ..................

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                            Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1686 Posts
                            Posted: August 1, 2015, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Stack47,

Assuming we're talking $1 per ticket, the QP players each lost $1, the self pick player lost $5.

For 'relative to the buy in', let's say there were two winners who won $500 each. One of them had played $1 and the other had played $50, now who won more, RELATIVE TO THE BUY IN.

For the gist of this thread (silly me, or so I thought) someone would mention that someone stops for gas, chips, etc...and the clerk says, "Want to play tonight's lotto?", so they spend a buck on a QP, as opposed to someone with a system who has multiple playslips already filled out.

I'm not sure any state lotto operator or the NUSL would release the stats, so ..................

Making up numbers doesn't change the fact QPs lose more than SPs.

People who play SPs buy QPs too. So you can't separate the whole bunch and say Qp'ers vs Sp'ers.

What you can do is say if 70% are Qps and 30% are Sps, then more than twice as much is lost on Qps as Sps.

Having seen people spend $20 to $50 on Qps, any thoughts that Qp'ers only spend $1 is laughable. If anything the Sp'ers are more money conscience.

That doesn't exclude the possibility that some might play just $1 on Qps or on SPs. I've seen people who tell the clerk to give them lottery tickets instead of their change. Most times that's a buck or two. I've done it too. But....

The facts, substantiated by the 70/30 statement, is

that if $10,000,000 in tickets are sold, then

$7,000,000 were bought by QP'ers,

and $3,000,000 were SP'ers.

With one winner, holding a QP,

$6,999,999 million was lost on QPS,

while only $3,000,000 was lost on SPs.

70/30 says this is a fact. No question.

And its irrelevant that a QP won because none of the losing QP'ers are going to get one dime of the jackpot.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10348 Posts
                              Posted: August 2, 2015, 12:45 am - IP Logged

Most here probably don't remember Casey Stengel, managed the Yankees. One of the things he was famous for saying was, "Go with the percentages."

Lep