Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who plays more, who loses more?

Topic closed. 98 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Stack47.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #165541
April 12, 2015
545 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2015, 7:28 am - IP Logged

"Who do you think plays more tickets (lines), people playing quick picks or self picks?"

Considering how many times you quoted the PB FAQ, that a very silly question.

"Who do you think loses more, money wise? Consider that most tickets are losers."

You should ask your imaginary friend "the lottery fairy" because that question is just as silly as the first one.

"The clerks where I usually play got tired of people calling out their numbers to them so put a sign up IF YOU'RE PLAYING MORE THAN THREE TICKETS FILL OUT A SLIP."

QP players don't need to fill out play slips because most stores allow players to ask for $2, $5, $10, or whatever worth of QPs.  Why don't the clerks in you favorite store just tell the players to fill out play slips like in almost every store where I bought lottery tickets?

"Call me silly"

You don't leave another option if you can't understand why "if more than 70% of ticket sales are QPs than 70% of the winning tickets are QPs".

"but calling out numbers can only mean self picks"

Probably two players out of 100 want to call out their numbers and you're pretending it's a huge number. Most stores prefer selling QPs because tickets can't be canceled. The only thing you proved is some players confuse jackpot games with pick-3 and pick-4 games.

You should ask your imaginary friend "the lottery fairy" because that question is just as silly as the first one.

LOL

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10354 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2015, 11:12 am - IP Logged

Stack,
    Probably two players out of 100 want to call out their numbers and you're pretending it's a huge number.

You sure do make a lot of assumptions and jump to conclusions Stack. If you would have visited the lottery counter in that store before they put the sign up you'd realize what a ridiculous assumption that is.
    You're the one pretending that everything is as you think it is.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7322 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2015, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Stack,
      Probably two players out of 100 want to call out their numbers and you're pretending it's a huge number.

You sure do make a lot of assumptions and jump to conclusions Stack. If you would have visited the lottery counter in that store before they put the sign up you'd realize what a ridiculous assumption that is.
      You're the one pretending that everything is as you think it is.

"You're the one pretending that everything is as you think it is."

Look, you showed the 70% to 80% quote several times, but apparently don't have the mathematical background to understand how ticket sales percentages applies to win and loss percentages. Oh and I would pass by thousands of other stores where intelligent clerks tell SP players to fill out play slips.

Like I asked before, do you have any actual statistical evidence that SP players even spend and lose the same as QP players?

United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10354 Posts
        Posted: August 9, 2015, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Let's say 100 people play at the same place. 70 of them buy $1 QPs.

Then one person with a system (good at tracking and with magnificent self perceived mathematical skills) plays 20 $1 tickets.

They all lose.

This is just an example.

Who played more and who lost more? Times thousands of stores, ad nauseam.

Bang Head

If you want to reply every time with a bush league attempt at an insult you're only revealing yourself to be a real clod.

A curve ball actually curves, it's not an illusion as some say. But the only actual evidence you'll ever get for that is to get in the batter's box.

Bye.  See Ya!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #165541
          April 12, 2015
          545 Posts
          Posted: August 9, 2015, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Then one person with a system (good at tracking and with magnificent self perceived mathematical skills) plays 20 $1 tickets.

They all lose.

This is just an example.

Bang Head

If you want to reply every time with a bush league attempt at an insult you're only revealing yourself to be a real clod.

A curve ball actually curves, it's not an illusion as some say. But the only actual evidence you'll ever get for that is to get in the batter's box.

Bye.  See Ya!

Are you saying they played the same line twenty times?

If a system player thought they had a magnificent and deluded self perceived mathematical skill, then wouldn't it be better for that person to play a twenty dollar balanced wheel instead of 20 $1 tickets?

A better question might be, who plays more, who loses more?

A Twenty dollar quick pick player or a system player with a twenty dollar wheel.

So stack is a clod and I am a buffon, hey stack lets hang out!!!

United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10354 Posts
            Posted: August 9, 2015, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Twenty different sets of numbers.

Lep

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
              Texas
              United States
              Member #86154
              January 30, 2010
              1649 Posts
              Posted: August 9, 2015, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

I can't believe that this is still even a relevant conversation, or, comparison. This study has already been discussed and proven, with merit, in the following thread link beginning on Page #8:

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/276724/8

In that study, clear profit was made and only $13.50 per draw was being spent to do it. I'm really baffled at how all these statistics are constantly being factored in when they are, in fact, very misleading and the list of combos in question was tailored to the draw style. You know, I sometimes go back and revisit topics which are very specific to the truth and fall directly within my line of thinking. In fact, there's one of the all-time best topics by one of the best here at LP from way back in 2007 that I saved because it told players exactly what they were not doing right. To this day they've still ignored him so, oh well. What I'm seeing is a serious lack of attention to detail as opposed to sitting down and burning the midnight oil to actually see what it takes to win and turn a profit. Then, everyone wants to make all the money on Pick 3 while spending very little money while still expecting to make out like they just successfully hit an armored truck with unmarked bills! Ain't gonna happen, folks...just ain't gonna happen!

There's an old saying..."Scared money doesn't make any money." What this means is that if you're only playing that little bit that you can afford to play, then you're prolly gonna fall in with all the rest that believe you can't profit from the lottery and there's no system for it. Well, in this case, you'd be absolutely correct and there's a reason why. Now, when discussing the JP games such as Cash 5 and larger then, there's system to be had unless spending astronomical dollars to properly implement one. Otherwise, it's completely unadulterated luck if it's won...period. Pick 3/4 are won every single day with skill, and, some move more money with these games than on their full time regular jobs...FACT. 

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                WA
                United States
                Member #122238
                January 27, 2012
                180 Posts
                Posted: August 9, 2015, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

You guys are funny...how can you proof such thing about lotteries. Some really be lucky to make out even. Lets just keep it civil and diplomatic about playing the lottery. This question contradicts itself to begin with.

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7322 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2015, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

They all lose.

This is just an example.

Bang Head

Bye.  See Ya!

"Let's say 100 people play at the same place. 70 of them buy $1 QPs."

I was correct, you don't have the mathematical background to understand how ticket sales percentages applies to win and loss percentages. Ticket sales are the number of tickets sold and not the number of players who bought them. For last nights PB drawing 17,571,695 tickets were sold and I can't find the break down of QPs and SPs anywhere. It probably because only you and a tiny few others believe there is any relevance of 70 players buying $1 QPs in one store. 

When the Ohio Lottery began selling MM ticket they told the retailers to tell the players picking their own numbers to use play slips because of the tickets could not be cancelled. Some stores thought that meant all MM tickets and told QP players to fill out play slips too.

"If you want to reply every time with a bush league attempt at an insult you're only revealing yourself to be a real clod."

You're still pretending there is an actual statistic showing "who plays more and who loses more". To my knowledge that statistic is not shown and if it is, you certainly haven't shown it.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                    Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1736 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2015, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

"Let's say 100 people play at the same place. 70 of them buy $1 QPs."

I was correct, you don't have the mathematical background to understand how ticket sales percentages applies to win and loss percentages. Ticket sales are the number of tickets sold and not the number of players who bought them. For last nights PB drawing 17,571,695 tickets were sold and I can't find the break down of QPs and SPs anywhere. It probably because only you and a tiny few others believe there is any relevance of 70 players buying $1 QPs in one store. 

When the Ohio Lottery began selling MM ticket they told the retailers to tell the players picking their own numbers to use play slips because of the tickets could not be cancelled. Some stores thought that meant all MM tickets and told QP players to fill out play slips too.

"If you want to reply every time with a bush league attempt at an insult you're only revealing yourself to be a real clod."

You're still pretending there is an actual statistic showing "who plays more and who loses more". To my knowledge that statistic is not shown and if it is, you certainly haven't shown it.

If $17,571,695 on last night power ball and 70% (as stated is true) then 12,300,186 QPs dollars were spent, while 5,271,509 went to SPs.

One store is not an indicator of what is happening overall. Put a poll on LP asking for a head count who plays QPs, SP, and who plays both. And what games they play.

I have seen Pick3 and Pick4 players try to get the clerk to put their number in the machine, but they don't play near the QPs of jackpot players. And jackpot players are secretive about their numbers.

That must be an odd store if it inputs jackpot numbers by hand. Clerks wouldn't do that if you paid them. Without a written ticket, a person could say the clerk put in a wrong number and he/she doesn't want that ticket. They should hire smarter clerks there.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7322 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2015, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Are you saying they played the same line twenty times?

If a system player thought they had a magnificent and deluded self perceived mathematical skill, then wouldn't it be better for that person to play a twenty dollar balanced wheel instead of 20 $1 tickets?

A better question might be, who plays more, who loses more?

A Twenty dollar quick pick player or a system player with a twenty dollar wheel.

So stack is a clod and I am a buffon, hey stack lets hang out!!!

CT thinks ticket sales in one store represents sales in his state and the thousands of stores in the other 43 states/jurisdictions. And don't let the fact 65% of all MM combos won't match even one number or a bonus number get in the way of his illogical arguments.

Only he knows the relevance of a baseball pitch to lottery ticket sales. LOL

United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10354 Posts
                        Posted: August 10, 2015, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Stack,

There you go jumping to conclusions again. I never said the one store represented all stores.

If you can't see the comparison to your obsessive demand for 'statistical data' and the curve ball it's useless trying to talk to you.

Good luck in your fantasy world where you must have the last word no matter how erroneous it is.

Lep

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7322 Posts
                          Posted: August 10, 2015, 12:28 am - IP Logged

If $17,571,695 on last night power ball and 70% (as stated is true) then 12,300,186 QPs dollars were spent, while 5,271,509 went to SPs.

One store is not an indicator of what is happening overall. Put a poll on LP asking for a head count who plays QPs, SP, and who plays both. And what games they play.

I have seen Pick3 and Pick4 players try to get the clerk to put their number in the machine, but they don't play near the QPs of jackpot players. And jackpot players are secretive about their numbers.

That must be an odd store if it inputs jackpot numbers by hand. Clerks wouldn't do that if you paid them. Without a written ticket, a person could say the clerk put in a wrong number and he/she doesn't want that ticket. They should hire smarter clerks there.

"Without a written ticket, a person could say the clerk put in a wrong number and he/she doesn't want that ticket."

Especially considering tickets can't be cancelled.

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7322 Posts
                            Posted: August 10, 2015, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Stack,

There you go jumping to conclusions again. I never said the one store represented all stores.

If you can't see the comparison to your obsessive demand for 'statistical data' and the curve ball it's useless trying to talk to you.

Good luck in your fantasy world where you must have the last word no matter how erroneous it is.

"If you can't see the comparison to your obsessive demand for 'statistical data' and the curve ball it's useless trying to talk to you."

Are you going to say more batters strike out on curve balls than fast balls?

"Good luck in your fantasy world where you must have the last word no matter how erroneous it is."

"Let's say the Lottery Fairie or a genie granted you a wish but there's a condition."

And you say I live in a fantasy world. LOL

United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10354 Posts
                              Posted: August 10, 2015, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I posed a question for discussion.

I don't put words in other people's mouths.

I don't jump to conclusions and make assumptions in vain attempts to make myself to appear to be right.

I don't look for threads just to criticize them.

Et vous?

Lep