Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who plays more, who loses more?

Topic closed. 98 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Stack47.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2015, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

What is a lottery "buy in"?

Whatever you're in he game for... how much you spend on a draw.....

Odd that you would go off on diatribes about 'relative to the buy in' and then ask what's a lottery buy in.

Thud

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7310 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2015, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Whatever you're in he game for... how much you spend on a draw.....

Odd that you would go off on diatribes about 'relative to the buy in' and then ask what's a lottery buy in.

Thud

"Whatever you're in he game for... how much you spend on a draw....."

I didn't know most LP members and lottery players in general say "I'm in the game for $2, $5, $10, or whatever". Not many jackpot winners say how much they spent when they won their jackpot either. And it's none of our business how much other players spend on tickets or as you say, "buy into the game".

United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: August 4, 2015, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Whatever you say Stack, I'll let you have the (erroneous) last word once again.

Take a look at savagegoose's 'sig' to see someone who really knows how to track what he's in.

I am surprised that in your vast gambling knowledge you've never hear things like:

I'm in $300.

I'm stuck $500.

I didn't know if I wanted to invest anymore money in the pot.

See Ya!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7310 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2015, 12:08 am - IP Logged

Whatever you say Stack, I'll let you have the (erroneous) last word once again.

Take a look at savagegoose's 'sig' to see someone who really knows how to track what he's in.

I am surprised that in your vast gambling knowledge you've never hear things like:

I'm in $300.

I'm stuck $500.

I didn't know if I wanted to invest anymore money in the pot.

See Ya!

"Take a look at savagegoose's 'sig' to see someone who really knows how to track what he's in."

That's a yearly running total and you said "In lotteries, relative to the buy in would be for a particular draw." And it looks like you have no clue of what you're talking about.

Your topic is like asking if Craps players play the pass line or the don't pass line more and who loses more. In math the side with the most bets has the most wins and losses. A couple posters said they had better luck with QPs and maybe a couple SP players have better luck that way. But at the end of the day your data base is way to small to even determine if more LPs members play, win, or lose more playing QPs.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2015, 4:41 am - IP Logged

if you can get google spreadsheets, this is the actual  break down. ea lotto ea dollar spent and won. i just do the yearly, and monthly for the sig line.

The spreadsheet has monthly breakdowns, % returns etc and color coded for the day i end with %100+ return.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IBn_yfUDElWEtHDhmfyp6RnX5_U-vPwE2o1aNJEXaUA/edit#gid=145474285

not sure its set to strangers messing with the numbers, i dont like that  but 2015 is this years stats in complete format.

if anyone wants a copy let me know,

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: August 7, 2015, 12:55 am - IP Logged

savagegoose,

Sorry if I took too much of a liberty with posting about your stats, was just trying to prove a point.

Lep

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7310 Posts
              Posted: August 7, 2015, 2:05 am - IP Logged

savagegoose,

Sorry if I took too much of a liberty with posting about your stats, was just trying to prove a point.

Seriously, do you have any statistics proving who plays more or who wins more?

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1691 Posts
                Posted: August 7, 2015, 5:49 am - IP Logged

Stack47,

In lotteries, relative to the buy in would be for a particular draw. Sounds like you're trying to alter the term to fit you conception of it.

Pass line and full odds and two come bets on a number and full odds and another come bet is considered the hardest player to beat, but a place bettor will make more money, they get paid as soon as the number hits, they don't have to wait for it to repeat. On a monster roll a place bettor that presses or power presses will really make more money.

garyo1954,

I've never heard QP players talk about wheeling numbers. On this forum plenty of self pick players talk about it.

CT, that's an interesting point.

Except QP'ers don't have much to talk about.

Wheelers ask about the best wheel, best type of wheel, how many numbers to play.

Then there is the systems players who are talking about how to win spending the least possible amount.

What questions would QP'ers have to discuss?

What's the best QP to play?

How many QPs should I buy?

Where do you buy your QPs?

Do your QPs ever win?

There is not much that discuss about QPs. It a very limited topic.

Spend money, buy ticket. That's the way QPs work.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #165541
                  April 12, 2015
                  544 Posts
                  Posted: August 7, 2015, 6:53 am - IP Logged

Seriously, do you have any statistics proving who plays more or who wins more?

Perhaps she requested through FOI?

Seems like this info could be put in a savagegoose type file.

Seems likes she is just playing telephone though.

To claim that playing QP is the solution to winning the lottery seems deceptive to this cat.

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10351 Posts
                    Posted: August 7, 2015, 9:40 am - IP Logged

garyo1954,

Good points!

Stack,
                    Read Garyo's post below yours.

All,
                    Sometime in the future we will see ads for a book about wheeling quick picks!

Green laugh

Lep

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19826 Posts
                      Posted: August 7, 2015, 10:04 am - IP Logged

CT, that's an interesting point.

Except QP'ers don't have much to talk about.

Wheelers ask about the best wheel, best type of wheel, how many numbers to play.

Then there is the systems players who are talking about how to win spending the least possible amount.

What questions would QP'ers have to discuss?

What's the best QP to play?

How many QPs should I buy?

Where do you buy your QPs?

Do your QPs ever win?

There is not much that discuss about QPs. It a very limited topic.

Spend money, buy ticket. That's the way QPs work.

I have read posts of QP players who said they prefer to play at stores that are known to sell a lot of winners or at a particular time or day.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10351 Posts
                        Posted: August 7, 2015, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Stack,
                        For starters maybe ask a clerk who runs your tickets what the most common ticket amount is for a jp draw game, and what kind of ticket - QP or not.

Lep

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7310 Posts
                          Posted: August 7, 2015, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

Stack,
                          For starters maybe ask a clerk who runs your tickets what the most common ticket amount is for a jp draw game, and what kind of ticket - QP or not.

There are five or six clerks working in that store, each with a different perception depending on which time a day they work. That's one store out of thousands in the state so now multiply that by the total number of lottery retailers in all 44 PB and MM states and jurisdictions. It's your topic, I ask if you have any real statistics and instead of saying "NO" you expect me to do your homework.

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10351 Posts
                            Posted: August 7, 2015, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Stack,

Does the topic title 'Who plays more, who loses more?' somehow imply to you that a conclusion has been reached? Or the OP:

Who do you think plays more tickets (lines), people playing quick picks or self picks?

(Keep it to jackpot games)

Who do you think loses more, money wise? Consider that most tickets are losers.

I'm not asking you to do any of 'my homework'. You're the one wanting to know statistics on this that and the other.

The clerks where I usually play got tired of people calling out their numbers to them so put a sign up IF YOU'RE PLAYING MORE THAN THREE TICKETS FILL OUT A SLIP. Call me silly but calling out numbers can only mean self picks, nicht var?

Lep

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7310 Posts
                              Posted: August 8, 2015, 1:26 am - IP Logged

Stack,

Does the topic title 'Who plays more, who loses more?' somehow imply to you that a conclusion has been reached? Or the OP:

Who do you think plays more tickets (lines), people playing quick picks or self picks?

(Keep it to jackpot games)

Who do you think loses more, money wise? Consider that most tickets are losers.

I'm not asking you to do any of 'my homework'. You're the one wanting to know statistics on this that and the other.

The clerks where I usually play got tired of people calling out their numbers to them so put a sign up IF YOU'RE PLAYING MORE THAN THREE TICKETS FILL OUT A SLIP. Call me silly but calling out numbers can only mean self picks, nicht var?

"Who do you think plays more tickets (lines), people playing quick picks or self picks?"

Considering how many times you quoted the PB FAQ, that a very silly question.

"Who do you think loses more, money wise? Consider that most tickets are losers."

You should ask your imaginary friend "the lottery fairy" because that question is just as silly as the first one.

"The clerks where I usually play got tired of people calling out their numbers to them so put a sign up IF YOU'RE PLAYING MORE THAN THREE TICKETS FILL OUT A SLIP."

QP players don't need to fill out play slips because most stores allow players to ask for $2, $5, $10, or whatever worth of QPs.  Why don't the clerks in you favorite store just tell the players to fill out play slips like in almost every store where I bought lottery tickets?

"Call me silly"

You don't leave another option if you can't understand why "if more than 70% of ticket sales are QPs than 70% of the winning tickets are QPs".

"but calling out numbers can only mean self picks"

Probably two players out of 100 want to call out their numbers and you're pretending it's a huge number. Most stores prefer selling QPs because tickets can't be canceled. The only thing you proved is some players confuse jackpot games with pick-3 and pick-4 games.