Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cash4Life

278 replies. Last post 3 hours ago by CajunWin4.

Page 10 of 19
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3854 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2016, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

8/29

5-21-25-31-55 + 4

I don't have any of these.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3854 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2016, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

You've got the numbers correct for the last drawing (10 17 24 47 59 & 2)  but according to my copy of Gail Howard's Advantage Plus software, the skips are as follows; 15 14 1 33 19 & 7   

That translates to:  #10 skipped 15 drawings, #17 skipped 14 drawings, #24 skipped 1 drawing etc.

Only #24 fell into my method of choosing numbers that have skipped 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 drawings.

My "method" (if it can be called a method) comes from something a buddy of mine once told me.  He said "If you want to know tonite's numbers, then just look in the last four drawings.  You'll see 'em."

I wondered Just how true that statement really is or isn't, so I did a little math and here's what I came up with;

There have been 230 C4L drawings since the game began on June 16, 2014.  So that means a total of 1,150 non-Cashball numbers/balls have been drawn.

My copy of Advantage Plus software tells me that of the 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 skips (non-cashballs only, or excluding Cashballs) there have been 78 one-skips, 65 two-skips, 60 three-skips, 75 four-skips, and 81 five-skips since 6/16/14.  That totals up to 359.  Dividing 359 by 1,150 gives me a percentage of 31.22% of all skips were in those 5 categories. 

Why C4L numbers like to four and five skip is a mystery to me!  NY's Take5 is where one-skips rule.  I didn't calculate it, but I can tell you that 35 to 36 percent of all numbers drawn since Take5 began back in January of 1992 were 1, 2 3 or 4 skips.  Anyway, Good Luck to you tonite Haymaker!!  I've no idea how my "method" will do tonite.  It's just something I'm experimenting with. G5 

Not sure I follow what you're doing...is this a way of avoiding cold #s ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
      NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3700 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2016, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

8/29

5-21-25-31-55 + 4

I don't have any of these.

Maybe this will help:

5 was a 25 skip.  It was last drawn on May 30th

21 was a 48 skip.  It was last drawn on March 10th.

25 was a 2 skip.  It was last drawn on August 18th.

31 was a 16 skip. It was last drawn on June 30th. 

55 was a 4 skip.  It was last drawn on August 11th.

Only two of the five numbers (25 & 55) were drawn within the last five drawings.   Basically what I'm doing is picking three numbers for each of my lines that were drawn in the last five or fewer drawings. (They're short skips, as opposed to #21 which skipped 48 drawings, so that's a long skip.) Short skips are "hot" numbers, and long skips are "cold" numbers, so yes, this is just another way of avoiding cold numbers. Consider the case of #42 which has a skip of 56 draws. (The longest skip of all 60 numbers) It's very cold... in fact it's the coldest C4L number having been drawn just four times over the life of the game.  It was last drawn on February 15, 2016.  Then, there's #8, the hottest C4L number.  It's been drawn 30 times over the life of the game.  It was last drawn on July 23, 2016.

I had 5 and 55 on the same line, so I won four dollars.  I picked #55, and the terminal picked #5.  (I did a "partial-QP". That's where you pick less than five numbers, and the terminal will pick the remainder.  If I pick three, the terminal will pick the other two.  If I pick four, the terminal will pick one etc)  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3854 Posts
        Posted: August 30, 2016, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Maybe this will help:

5 was a 25 skip.  It was last drawn on May 30th

21 was a 48 skip.  It was last drawn on March 10th.

25 was a 2 skip.  It was last drawn on August 18th.

31 was a 16 skip. It was last drawn on June 30th. 

55 was a 4 skip.  It was last drawn on August 11th.

Only two of the five numbers (25 & 55) were drawn within the last five drawings.   Basically what I'm doing is picking three numbers for each of my lines that were drawn in the last five or fewer drawings. (They're short skips, as opposed to #21 which skipped 48 drawings, so that's a long skip.) Short skips are "hot" numbers, and long skips are "cold" numbers, so yes, this is just another way of avoiding cold numbers. Consider the case of #42 which has a skip of 56 draws. (The longest skip of all 60 numbers) It's very cold... in fact it's the coldest C4L number having been drawn just four times over the life of the game.  It was last drawn on February 15, 2016.  Then, there's #8, the hottest C4L number.  It's been drawn 30 times over the life of the game.  It was last drawn on July 23, 2016.

I had 5 and 55 on the same line, so I won four dollars.  I picked #55, and the terminal picked #5.  (I did a "partial-QP". That's where you pick less than five numbers, and the terminal will pick the remainder.  If I pick three, the terminal will pick the other two.  If I pick four, the terminal will pick one etc)  G5

OK (Slaps self on forehead) got it, thanks.  LOL !

I want to try that, but I don't think you can do partial QPs in Jersey.

Going to Delaware for LFL tix maybe after that

I'll go a few more miles and  see if it can be done in Maryland

Funny that you mention #42..had it on last night's ticket and that is also my ticket for coming Thursday.

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3700 Posts
          Posted: August 31, 2016, 8:41 am - IP Logged

Here's a little C4L food for thought;

In the first year of C4L's existence (in New York, from June 16, 2014 thru June 15, 2015) #42 was the hottest number with 18 hits.  From January 1st 2015 thru December 31st 2015, #47 was the hits leader with 18 hits.   

Here we are two thirds of the way thru 2016, and #4 has 12 hits.  (That's two thirds of the way to 18 hits)

Do you think #4 will hit 18 times in 2016?  I do.  Play it!  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3700 Posts
            Posted: August 31, 2016, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Here's a little C4L food for thought;

In the first year of C4L's existence (in New York, from June 16, 2014 thru June 15, 2015) #42 was the hottest number with 18 hits.  From January 1st 2015 thru December 31st 2015, #47 was the hits leader with 18 hits.   

Here we are two thirds of the way thru 2016, and #4 has 12 hits.  (That's two thirds of the way to 18 hits)

Do you think #4 will hit 18 times in 2016?  I do.  Play it!  G5

OK.  Let's play a little game.  I'm gonna stick my neck out a little here...

If I'm right about #4 having 18 hits in 2016, then we should see it having 15 hits by the end of September. That's just one month away.  I say that's easily done given how frequently #4 has been showing up in 2016.

There are 35 C4L drawings left in 2016.  All #4 needs to do is hit 6 times to get to 18.  That's one hit every sixth draw.  It's carrying an average skip of 4.3 draws so it's got a very good shot of hitting 18 times.  Right now, it's been missing for six drawings, so I'd play it tomorrow nite for sure.

#'s 25, 55 & 56 have 10 hits in 2016.  They've got a decent shot at 18 hits in 2016 as well. 

BTW.... On June 30th, #4 had 9 hits in 2016!!  G5

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3700 Posts
              Posted: August 31, 2016, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

On a "moving year basis"  (9/1/15 to 8/31/16) #4 has 16 hits.  So you can see that #4 has been a short skipper for quite a while. 

Over the lifetime of C4L, #4 is expected to have had 19 hits, but it has a total of 24.  Interestingly enough, it's not the hottest number over the entire lifespan of C4L.  #'s 8 and 43 have 30 hits each and they're the biggest hitters.  #4 started it's hot streak in May of this year with the May 12th drawing.   #43 has had two double repeats, and a couple of repeat drawings over the life of the game.  That's the big reason why it's got a total of 30 hits in twenty months. G5   

NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3700 Posts
                Posted: September 1, 2016, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

I've got ten C4L lines in for tonite's draw.

I played partial QP's on the non-cashballs. (I picked three numbers and let the terminal pick two) I  bought five lines with the #2 Cashball and five with the #3 Cashball. 

I chose mostly short skips for the numbers I picked.  I looked at the skip on the numbers the terminal chose, and I got one or two short skips, and some medium to long skips.  The terminal also slammed the longest skip of them all on me!  The #42 with a skip of 56 draws!!  G5

United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3854 Posts
                  Posted: September 1, 2016, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

OK (Slaps self on forehead) got it, thanks.  LOL !

I want to try that, but I don't think you can do partial QPs in Jersey.

Going to Delaware for LFL tix maybe after that

I'll go a few more miles and  see if it can be done in Maryland

Funny that you mention #42..had it on last night's ticket and that is also my ticket for coming Thursday.

OK...just got back from Maryland.

No partial QPs  there, in fact I bought a 10 draw advance

and they couldn't even give me different #s for each draw like Delaware could on the LFL tix.

Not sure if the limitation comes from the game or the state.

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3700 Posts
                    Posted: September 1, 2016, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

I've got ten C4L lines in for tonite's draw.

I played partial QP's on the non-cashballs. (I picked three numbers and let the terminal pick two) I  bought five lines with the #2 Cashball and five with the #3 Cashball. 

I chose mostly short skips for the numbers I picked.  I looked at the skip on the numbers the terminal chose, and I got one or two short skips, and some medium to long skips.  The terminal also slammed the longest skip of them all on me!  The #42 with a skip of 56 draws!!  G5

I won six bucks....

I had one number and the Cashball on three of five lines on my ticket with the #2 Cashball.

Seems like maybe my new strategy of playing a lot of short skips has a little something to it.  We'll see.  G5

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3700 Posts
                      Posted: September 2, 2016, 8:26 am - IP Logged

We didn't see #4 (whiteball) last nite but don't forget to play it next Monday nite.  G5

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3700 Posts
                        Posted: September 4, 2016, 5:20 am - IP Logged

I won 20 bucks last nite playing NY's Take5 (I had 3 of the 5 winning numbers) I used my new "short skip" strategy, and all five of Take5's winning numbers were short skips....

I'm playin' C4L tomorrow nite for FREE!!  Gonna buy ten lines of short skips

Remember to play that #4 whiteball, and look for that #3 Cashball (The greenball).  Think I'll play five lines with the #3 Cashball, and five with the #1 Cashball.  G5 

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3700 Posts
                          Posted: September 4, 2016, 9:14 am - IP Logged

Here's a chart that tells you a lot about the behavioral characteristics of C4L with regard to skips, and it's why I play mostly short skips on my tickets.

Over the life of C4L (232 drawings since 6/16/14) 60.6% of all the numbers drawn were a seven skip or less.

Skip    #Times Drawn   Percent   Cum Percentage

0            212                  15.2             15.2

1            141                  10.1              25.4

2              96                    6.9              32.3

3              84                    6.0              38.3

4              86                    6.2              44.5

5              93                    6.7              51.1

6              73                    5.2              56.4 

7              59                    4.2              60.6 

I play mostly four short skips and one medium/long skip on all of my lines.  G5    

PS  And while it might not seem to you like it happens very much, the number of drawings with four winning numbers that were skips of seven or less is a lot.  It's NOT uncommon to see drawings where all five whiteballs are seven or less skips!      

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3700 Posts
                            Posted: September 4, 2016, 9:26 am - IP Logged

While I'm boring you to tears going on and on about short skips, I think it's important for you to know that short skips DOMINATE every single online lottery game in the country.

I don't care what game in what state you look at.  (And I've done just that - looked at other states online games regardless of their matrix) I can tell you that short skips (I define a short skip as a number that was drawn in the seven or less drawings that preceded the most recent drawing) happen a lot!

While I'd love to be able to tell you why this phenomenon occurs, I cant because I don't know why it happens!  I just know that all lottery online games behave this way.  So do what I do - take advantage of the fact that you know that it happens!!  You don't have to know why it happens, just use the knowledge you just gained and take advantage of it.  G5 

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3700 Posts
                              Posted: September 4, 2016, 11:15 am - IP Logged

So I just got back from buyin' my C4L picks for tomorrow nite.

I changed my strategy just a little.. instead of picking all five white balls, I did a Partial-QP and let the terminal pick one number.  (I picked 4 of them - all short skips)

I dunno why, (I did P-QP's last Thursday too) but once again I got #42 on one of my lines.  #42 is the longest skip of them all!  It's gone missing for the last 57 consecutive draws.  (Not to mention it's the weakest hitter of all 60 white balls having been drawn 4 lousy times over the lifetime of C4L)

While I was picking my numbers was when I decided to do a P-QP.  I thought to myself, "You might get #42 again doing this."  But then I thought "Naaaaah.  It'll never happen."   Go figure.  Maybe The Lottery Gods are trying to tell me sumthin'.  G5

Page 10 of 19