Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cash4Life

268 replies. Last post 9 hours ago by GiveFive.

Page 11 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3692 Posts
Posted: September 4, 2016, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Want more proof that playing all longshots is a bad idea?

There's been 232 C4L drawings.  In ONE drawing (9/29/14's drawing) all five numbers drawn were greater than 9 skips.  That's it, just one.  Don't play all longshots or long skips. 

BTW... In the last 10 C4L drawings, there has NOT been a 6 skip drawn.  As of today, there are two numbers that are 6 skips - #'s 3 & 34.  They were last drawn on August 11th.  I say one of 'em is going to pop tomorrow nite!  Wanna bet??? G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3854 Posts
    Posted: September 6, 2016, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

While I'm boring you to tears going on and on about short skips, I think it's important for you to know that short skips DOMINATE every single online lottery game in the country.

I don't care what game in what state you look at.  (And I've done just that - looked at other states online games regardless of their matrix) I can tell you that short skips (I define a short skip as a number that was drawn in the seven or less drawings that preceded the most recent drawing) happen a lot!

While I'd love to be able to tell you why this phenomenon occurs, I cant because I don't know why it happens!  I just know that all lottery online games behave this way.  So do what I do - take advantage of the fact that you know that it happens!!  You don't have to know why it happens, just use the knowledge you just gained and take advantage of it.  G5 

Not boring...go on, I had to look at NY lottery site to see where your getting all this.

It's much better than Jersey's.

Last night I had only the 43

Hoping for better on next draw.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3854 Posts
      Posted: September 6, 2016, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Want more proof that playing all longshots is a bad idea?

There's been 232 C4L drawings.  In ONE drawing (9/29/14's drawing) all five numbers drawn were greater than 9 skips.  That's it, just one.  Don't play all longshots or long skips. 

BTW... In the last 10 C4L drawings, there has NOT been a 6 skip drawn.  As of today, there are two numbers that are 6 skips - #'s 3 & 34.  They were last drawn on August 11th.  I say one of 'em is going to pop tomorrow nite!  Wanna bet??? G5

Did you mean for the 3 to be on the CB or 1 of the 5 ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3692 Posts
        Posted: September 7, 2016, 4:09 am - IP Logged

Did you mean for the 3 to be on the CB or 1 of the 5 ?

1 of the 5 white balls.  The Cashball is green, so sometimes I call it "the green ball", but in that post I meant one of the five white balls.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3692 Posts
          Posted: September 7, 2016, 4:12 am - IP Logged

Not boring...go on, I had to look at NY lottery site to see where your getting all this.

It's much better than Jersey's.

Last night I had only the 43

Hoping for better on next draw.

Thanks!  I too use the NY Lottery's website, but truth be known, I also have Gail Howard's Advantage Plus software.  That's where most of what I post comes from.  G5

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3692 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2016, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Just got back from the store..... Got 10 lines workin' tonite... 5 with the #1 Cashball and 5 with the #2 Cashball.

All short skips with a longshot thrown in here and there.  G5

United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3854 Posts
              Posted: September 8, 2016, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

3-7-22-37-60 + 2

I have the CB, but that's all.

Just realized that the drawing host is the same women that does the other Jersey games.

Didn't realize the game was drawn here.

NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3692 Posts
                Posted: September 8, 2016, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

I had one number plus the CashBall on three lines ($6.00) and two numbers without the CashBall ($4.00) so I won 10 bucks... but not really because I spent $20 on two tickets... G5

United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3854 Posts
                  Posted: September 8, 2016, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Just got back from the store..... Got 10 lines workin' tonite... 5 with the #1 Cashball and 5 with the #2 Cashball.

All short skips with a longshot thrown in here and there.  G5

Well you got a #2 on the CB w/ 5 lines I'm guessing you got something.

I know you were expecting the #3 to pop...did you play it ?

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3692 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2016, 7:43 am - IP Logged

Well you got a #2 on the CB w/ 5 lines I'm guessing you got something.

I know you were expecting the #3 to pop...did you play it ?

I did in fact play #3, and I had The #2 Cashball with it.   #3 was a seven skip, last drawn on Augst 11th.  I bought two five line tickets, (total cost of $20) and won 6 bucks on one of them and 4 bucks on the other. So I actually lost ten bucks.....but that's better than losing all 20!! Wink

What I typically do is play five lines with the same CashBall on all five lines.  So on one ticket, I had The #2 Cashball five times, and on the other I had the #1 Cashball five times.  That gives me a 50/50 chance of having The Cashball. Sometimes I have it, other times I don't.  I usually play one ticket with the #2 Cashball because it's the hottest Cashball since C4L began back in 2014.  But other times I dump it, and go with #1, #3 or #4.  If The #2 Cashball has been drawn in back to back drawings, I usually don't play it. It doesn't "three-peat" very much, although it has done exactly that and burned me!

On The #2 Cashball ticket, I had 1 number and the CashBall on three lines so I won 6 bucks on that ticket.  On the #1 Cashball ticket, I had two numbers on one line. (but obviously I didn't have the Cashball on that ticket) Having two numbers on the same line, but not the Cashball wins 4 bucks.

I attribute my win to my short skip strategy.  Last nites numbers had three short skips and two longshots. G5 

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3692 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2016, 8:08 am - IP Logged

BTW.... Check out last nites C4L TWO winners in NY...  That's rare.  We hardly ever see one winner of either top prize!  G5

September 8, 2016 CASH4LIFE WINNING NUMBERS: 03-07-22-37-60 + CASH BALL ( 2 )
                      0 WINNERS OF THE JACKPOT  (TICKETS SOLD IN : )
                      0 SECOND-PRIZE WINNERS  (TICKETS SOLD IN : )

New York WinnerPrize LevelNumbers MatchedPrize Amount
                      0Jackpot5 of 5 + Cash Ball$1,000 A DAY FOR LIFE
                      2Second5 of 5$1,000 A WEEK FOR LIFE
                      Winning Counties: KINGS (QP) , SUFFOLK (QP)
                      Retailer Locations:
                      • H&K MART INC , 2001 CROPSY AVE , BROOKLYN
                      • 7-ELEVEN #34350A , 6230 JERICHO TURNPIKE , COMMACK

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3692 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2016, 8:26 am - IP Logged

Here's an interesting "what if" question.

What if I had the same line TWICE on my ticket, and I had all five whiteballs and the Cashball? Would The NY Lottery pay me $2,000 a day for life??  I would think they'd have to. 

Although I've never read the official rules for C4L, I think the game is NOT parimutuel. If I have 4 numbers and The Cashball, they'd pay me $2,500.  Therefore if I had the same line twice on my ticket, and four of my numbers hit plus The Cashball, they'd pay me $5,000. 

My guess is that the game will become parimutuel if The NY State Lottery thinks the number of top tier prize winners is what they consider to be excessive.  I'm sure there's some kind of statement to that effect buried in the official game rules for C4L. 

I usually don't play two identical lines on my tickets, but I might!  It aint gonna happen for me, but it's nice to dream.  G5

United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3854 Posts
                          Posted: September 9, 2016, 9:22 am - IP Logged

If there is more than 1 wining ticket JP shall be divided.

Found that on Jersey lottery site, under odds and prizes,

think it applies to 2nd prize as well...since it's even more likely to happen there.

And ya know...they're not going to do anything they don't have to

I don't think they used the word parimutuel !

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3692 Posts
                            Posted: September 9, 2016, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

If there is more than 1 wining ticket JP shall be divided.

Found that on Jersey lottery site, under odds and prizes,

think it applies to 2nd prize as well...since it's even more likely to happen there.

And ya know...they're not going to do anything they don't have to

I don't think they used the word parimutuel !

Interesting!

So they make it parimutuel for the two top prizes, but not the lower prizes...

I wouldn't mind having two identical lines on my ticket and have 4 whiteballs and the Cashball... That'd be a $5,000 hit.  G5

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3692 Posts
                              Posted: September 9, 2016, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Given the fact that C4L rarely has any $1,000 a day for life winners, it's really a $1,000 a week game.  And the various state lotteries are very aware of that fact.

Personally, I like the game.... but as with most high odds games, I really have a second place win in mind when I play.  Make no mistake... it's expensive at 2 bucks a line, and that's probably the main reason why they don't sell enough tickets to produce a top prize winner very often. G5 

Page 11 of 18