Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cash4Life

282 replies. Last post 11 hours ago by GiveFive.

Page 9 of 19
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3707 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2016, 7:16 am - IP Logged

For the first time in a lonnnnnnng time, I bought CFL yesterday. 

I bought five lines, played the #2 Cashball on all five lines, and did a partial QP with 42 as a power number. 

I don't even know why I bought the ticket.  Just did it is all.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Maryland
    United States
    Member #162434
    January 2, 2015
    891 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2016, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

For the first time in a lonnnnnnng time, I bought CFL yesterday. 

I bought five lines, played the #2 Cashball on all five lines, and did a partial QP with 42 as a power number. 

I don't even know why I bought the ticket.  Just did it is all.  G5

Personally I like the NFL not a big fan of the CFL ( Green laughyuck, yuck, yuck..)

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3856 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2016, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

Personally I like the NFL not a big fan of the CFL ( Green laughyuck, yuck, yuck..)

Had a $2 return Mon. night, it's not even a wash cause it was a 2nd ticket, bought by mistake

having forgot about the first one.

Had the 13 + 4

ROFL Does anyone even pay attention to the other CFL ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3707 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2016, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

I shoulda said "C4L".....

When I bought that ticket yesterday, I didn't have my glasses with me.  So I just winged it with a blurry betslip in front of me.  I was amazed it went thru the terminal OK.  But when I looked at the ticket, I immediately thought "This aint right."   I was trying to play #43 but actually played #42.  Maybe I'll hit it big tonite. 

I can see the newspaper headlines now: "Blind Old Fool Cashes in Big".  G5 

Does anyone even pay attention to blind old fools?

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3707 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2016, 8:06 am - IP Logged

I was never much of a C4L Player.  That's because up until now, there wasn't much history of the game that could be studied so as to see how the numbers behave.  But last nite was the 230th drawing since June 16, 2014 and now there's more than enough history to see a few things. 

So here's a few things I've noticed about The Cashball;

The #2 Cashball is the biggest hitter with 67 hits over the life of the game.  #3 is second with 57 hits and the #1 and 4 Cashballs are close behind #3 with 54 and 52 hits respectively. 

The #2 Cashball likes to repeat.   It's repeated 10 times, double repeated 4 times and has even triple repeated once.  (The #1 Cashball has also triple repeated.  The #1 and #2 Cashballs triple repeated within a month of each other in March and April of this year.)  So if you see a Cashball has been drawn in three consecutive drawings, don't play it.

The #2 Cashball is a huge one-skipper. So if it came out on Monday, look for it again the following Monday.  But you'd also be OK if you played it the drawing after it came out too. 

As I see more behavioral characteristics of the game, I'll post them here.  I gotta study the non-Cashball numbers some more.  G5

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3707 Posts
            Posted: August 27, 2016, 9:12 am - IP Logged

With a draw history of only 230 draws, I don't see some of the kinds of things in C4L that can be seen with NY's Take5. (7,083 Take5 drawings have been held since January 1992)

I downloaded an Excel file from a State of New York website that had all 230 C4L drawings in it.  I then sorted it in ascending order so I could get a look at the numbers from the lowest set of five numbers ever drawn (1 2 14 29 59) to the highest set ever drawn. (46 50 56 57 58)

Only twice have four numbers been drawn from the same number group. (20 22 26 27 43 and 46 50 56 57 58)  Never has there been a drawing where all five non-cashball numbers came from the same number group.  Actually, I was surprised I found two drawings with four numbers from the same group.  There have been many times when three numbers were drawn from the same number group.

C4L is a tough tough game!!  It's got a "coverage problem" too.  Just like it's predecessor, SweetMillion, NY players don't like the game.  So they vote with their dollars, and spend those dollars on other online or scratch off games.  A coverage problem simply means they don't sell an adequate enough number of five number combo's (plus the Cashball) to make it likely somebody will win a jackpot.  That's why when you check The NY Lottery's website, you see "Zero winners of the jackpot" for practically all of the drawings.  And... they sell C4L in other states too, but still there aren't enough combo's sold to make it likely somebody will win a JP in any state.  My guess as to why players don't like the game is due to the crummy lower tier prize payouts. 

What I've typically been doing when I do play C4L (which hasn't been a lot) is I play the #2 or 3 CashBall, and do a partial QP for the five numbers. I use a power number like #4, let the terminal pick the others, and hope for the best.  G5

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
              Member #93164
              June 23, 2010
              1325 Posts
              Posted: August 27, 2016, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

What is the current Cash4Life Current Jackpot?

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!

NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3707 Posts
                Posted: August 28, 2016, 7:42 am - IP Logged

What is the current Cash4Life Current Jackpot?

The "JP" never changes because you win a "for life" prize. There are two top tier prizes. 

If you have all five numbers and the Cashball, you win $1,000 a day for life.  (21 million to 1 odds)

If you have all five numbers but not the Cashball, you win $1,000 a week for life.  (7.2 million to 1)

There is also an option to take a lump sum cash value in lieu of an annuity. G5

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3707 Posts
                  Posted: August 28, 2016, 8:18 am - IP Logged

C4L isn't too popular among players, so I don't know if what I'm about to write will be of much interest to anybody....  But here goes anyway.

I took a look at the way C4L's numbers skip, and was surprised to see something.  In NY's Take5 one skips rule, but that's NOT the case with C4L.  Instead, over the life of the game, (minus the Cashball) five skips happen most often.  Four skips are the second most commonly occurring skip.

As of last Thursday nite, there are two numbers that have skipped the last five drawings: #4 and #23.

There are currently five numbers that have skipped the last four drawings: #'s 3 34 44 53 & 55. 

There has not been a five skip since July 28th (a five skip might be over due), so I'm gonna play #4 and #23 tomorrow nite and see what happens. Since July 28th, four skips have popped three times, so I'll also probably play a four skip or two.   G5

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3707 Posts
                    Posted: August 29, 2016, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

There have been 68 C4L drawings in 2016, which means 340 non-Cashballs have been drawn.

Of those 340, 122 were 1,2,3, 4, or 5 skips.  That says 35.8% of all non-cashballs are short skippers. 

When picking your numbers, chose some short skips.  (especially a 5 skip)  Pair them with either the #2 or #3 Cashball, and see what happens.  That's exactly what I did for tonites drawing.  G5

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                      United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3856 Posts
                      Posted: August 29, 2016, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

GiveFive,

I've never been a system player so let me see if I got this right.

Last draw 10-17-24-47 59 +2   so for example

next w/ skips  13-22-29-52-54 +2

Also, earlier in the thread Lottoking suggests avoiding numbers from last draw and adjacent numbers.

I wonder, could you use these 2 methods together ?

BTW already had my tix for tonight and the only # common w/ these is the 13.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19830 Posts
                        Posted: August 29, 2016, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Lucky for Life has a similar format to that of C4L with a 5/48+1/18 matrix so what works for C4L should work for L4L too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

GA
                          United States
                          Member #170888
                          December 22, 2015
                          48 Posts
                          Posted: August 29, 2016, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

GA just got this so I'm going to try it out.

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3707 Posts
                            Posted: August 29, 2016, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

GiveFive,

I've never been a system player so let me see if I got this right.

Last draw 10-17-24-47 59 +2   so for example

next w/ skips  13-22-29-52-54 +2

Also, earlier in the thread Lottoking suggests avoiding numbers from last draw and adjacent numbers.

I wonder, could you use these 2 methods together ?

BTW already had my tix for tonight and the only # common w/ these is the 13.

You've got the numbers correct for the last drawing (10 17 24 47 59 & 2)  but according to my copy of Gail Howard's Advantage Plus software, the skips are as follows; 15 14 1 33 19 & 7   

That translates to:  #10 skipped 15 drawings, #17 skipped 14 drawings, #24 skipped 1 drawing etc.

Only #24 fell into my method of choosing numbers that have skipped 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 drawings.

My "method" (if it can be called a method) comes from something a buddy of mine once told me.  He said "If you want to know tonite's numbers, then just look in the last four drawings.  You'll see 'em."

I wondered Just how true that statement really is or isn't, so I did a little math and here's what I came up with;

There have been 230 C4L drawings since the game began on June 16, 2014.  So that means a total of 1,150 non-Cashball numbers/balls have been drawn.

My copy of Advantage Plus software tells me that of the 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 skips (non-cashballs only, or excluding Cashballs) there have been 78 one-skips, 65 two-skips, 60 three-skips, 75 four-skips, and 81 five-skips since 6/16/14.  That totals up to 359.  Dividing 359 by 1,150 gives me a percentage of 31.22% of all skips were in those 5 categories. 

Why C4L numbers like to four and five skip is a mystery to me!  NY's Take5 is where one-skips rule.  I didn't calculate it, but I can tell you that 35 to 36 percent of all numbers drawn since Take5 began back in January of 1992 were 1, 2 3 or 4 skips.  Anyway, Good Luck to you tonite Haymaker!!  I've no idea how my "method" will do tonite.  It's just something I'm experimenting with. G5 

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3707 Posts
                              Posted: August 29, 2016, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Another crazy thing about C4L is the total number of New York winners.  It's all over the place. 

Looking back at various draws, I would have thought that I'd have seen approximately the same total number of NY winners week in, week out listed on The New York Lottery's website.  Not the case at all!  Many weeks you'll see approximately 50,000 winners, but there were weeks where there were upwards of 63,000 winners.  I cant imagine what would cause a spike up like that.  G5

Page 9 of 19