Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cash4Life

279 replies. Last post 1 day ago by CajunWin4.

Page 13 of 19
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3702 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2016, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

GiveFive, 

Sorry for delayed response.

I'm with ya, 35 min. is not a bad ride, but still you might need a secondary reason for the trip.

35 min. and I'm just in the next county. 90 min. to Delaware so I might not make the trip in bad weather or if I'm busy.

On the PB odds, the less I play the more unrealistic those odds seem, and I don't really need $100s MILS. and the headaches it includes.

Yes 365Gs or 52Gs would be fine, although..I'll take the lump sum to be sure.

Adjusted my weekly spending as well,

Was                                     now

$6 PB/w                              $4 CFL

$4 MM/w                             $4 LFL if I go to Delaware

$7 JC5  daily game               $1 JC5 if it goes over $300,000

$2 PIC6                               $1 PIC6 if CV goes over $4 MIL.

$19 a week                             so far this is averaging out to $1 a day.

I go to PA about 6 times a year, Philco/Montco area have freinds and family there, about 70 minutes ride.

But raffles seem expensive...aren't they like $20 a pop ?

Sounds like you had a good time in South Jersey, glad to hear it, but you know the saying...nice place to visit...

well, been living here quite a while and I'm ready to go.

Had to laugh at the 20 something car salesmen, I had a brief career as a salesman (chevy) when I was 21, very brief,

you can have that job. LOL !

Haymaker...

Yeah, that's the downside of The PA Millionaire Raffle... tickets are $20 a pop. That's why I run a pool at work for them.  There's 8 of us in the pool, we play two times per year on New Years and again on The 4th of July.  We each throw in 40 bucks, but because tickets are on sale for about three months, I collect ten bucks every other week until I have 40 bucks from everybody, so it takes 8 weeks until I have $320. (8 x $40) 

Because there are four top prizes of $1,000,000 we have a total of 64 chances to win.  (16 tickets x 4 top prizes = 64 chances)  Doing it this way is the only way I could think of to make it easy on everybody in the pool.  It's tough to ask people for a $20 ticket.  But ya know, one guy dropped out (he was laid off) and I had no problem getting a replacement for him. (We limit the pool to a max of eight people. Should we win, we'd each get $125,000 BEFORE taxes, so if we let more people in, we'd all get less money)  I still have guys say to me "Let me know if somebody drops out.  I'll definitely do it."

Play that #4 (non-CashBall)... it's got 12 hits in 2016 (hottest number of 2016) and I think it's gonna hit 18 times this year.  GL  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3856 Posts
    Posted: September 15, 2016, 8:00 am - IP Logged

Haymaker...

Yeah, that's the downside of The PA Millionaire Raffle... tickets are $20 a pop. That's why I run a pool at work for them.  There's 8 of us in the pool, we play two times per year on New Years and again on The 4th of July.  We each throw in 40 bucks, but because tickets are on sale for about three months, I collect ten bucks every other week until I have 40 bucks from everybody, so it takes 8 weeks until I have $320. (8 x $40) 

Because there are four top prizes of $1,000,000 we have a total of 64 chances to win.  (16 tickets x 4 top prizes = 64 chances)  Doing it this way is the only way I could think of to make it easy on everybody in the pool.  It's tough to ask people for a $20 ticket.  But ya know, one guy dropped out (he was laid off) and I had no problem getting a replacement for him. (We limit the pool to a max of eight people. Should we win, we'd each get $125,000 BEFORE taxes, so if we let more people in, we'd all get less money)  I still have guys say to me "Let me know if somebody drops out.  I'll definitely do it."

Play that #4 (non-CashBall)... it's got 12 hits in 2016 (hottest number of 2016) and I think it's gonna hit 18 times this year.  GL  G5

Well, since it's only 2 times a year I'll have to give that some more thought, maybe skip 10 draws on LFL to  pay for it.

OTOH...a small win from LFL could also pay for it !

Have my C4L tix for next 6 draws...no #4 on those.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3702 Posts
      Posted: September 27, 2016, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

I've been studying the C4L numbers a little more and have learned that I was barking up the wrong tree when I was chasing #4.  Yeah, #4 (non-cashball) is the hottest number of 2016 with 12 hits. Based upon the premise that the hit leader of 2016 will have 18 hits, I thought for sure #4 was headed for 18 hits by 12/31/16.

Not so fast!  #'s 55 and 56, with 11 hits each in 2016, are looking to me to be much better candidates for top hitter of 2016 honors.  I say that because they have been consistently hitting once and twice each month since January 1st.  #4 had a bunch of hits in May... and since then has slowed way down with a few hits here and there. The last time it hit was on August 8th.

Looking at how the numbers behave, I don't care if you look at a rolling/moving year or simply a calendar year, one or maybe two numbers will have 18 hits in one year's time. (and will be the biggest hitter for the one year period you're looking at.) When C4L first started, #43 had 18 hits on June 13th, 2015.  (That's C4L's first birthday) Since then, various other numbers have had 18 hits in one years time.  Because we're almost to the end of the third quarter of 2016, the number that will have 18 hits by year end should have 11 or 12 hits by this Thursday. 

This is the time of year when knowing what number(s) are candidates to make it to 18 hits by year end becomes very useful.  It's going to happen, one or two numbers will have 18 hits by year end, so if you play #55 or #56 on every line you play from now until December 31st, your odds of winning a 2nd prize of $1,000 a week for life improve from 7,282,016 to 1 to 1 in 18,542 - if #55 or #56 is actually drawn.  That's because you'll need match only four more winning numbers drawn from a field of 59 numbers to win $1,000 a week for life. 

Lets face it, hardly any $1,000 a day prizes have been won since the game began 27 months ago, but there have been a fair amount of $1,000 a week winners, which if you ask me is what most players are trying to win.  I know that's what I'm gunning for.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3702 Posts
        Posted: September 29, 2016, 7:59 am - IP Logged

Because I won almost twenty bucks playing NY's Take5 yesterday, I'm playing C4L for FREE tonite!

I'm playing #4, #55 & #56, but only one of them on each line I play.  Maybe #40 too, it hit two drawings ago and has 10 hits in 2016.  G5

Brooklyn, NY
          United States
          Member #78507
          August 16, 2009
          7158 Posts
          Posted: September 29, 2016, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Because I won almost twenty bucks playing NY's Take5 yesterday, I'm playing C4L for FREE tonite!

I'm playing #4, #55 & #56, but only one of them on each line I play.  Maybe #40 too, it hit two drawings ago and has 10 hits in 2016.  G5

So your doing 3 partial QP's, using one number for each? 

230-005961856-142429

Brooklyn, NY
            United States
            Member #78507
            August 16, 2009
            7158 Posts
            Posted: September 29, 2016, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

C4L PARTIAL QP:

03 07 29 47 54   01

I did a partial QP the other day for tonight, but I can't remember what numbers I picked. 

Maybe it was 03 47 54

Good luck everyone.

230-005961856-142429

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3702 Posts
              Posted: September 29, 2016, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

So your doing 3 partial QP's, using one number for each? 

Hey Sam!!  Nice to see you over here in The C4L thread!!

Yes and no!  Although it sure looked like it, (I'm sorry for writing such an unclear post) all of my lines were partial QP's, but I picked three numbers and let the terminal pick the other two.  All of my lines had either #4, #55 or #56 and on a few of them I played both #4 and #55 or #56.

Tonites winning C4L numbers are 13 25 39 51 55  CB 3

But here's the best part of this post: I had two lines where I won $4.00 ($8.00 total) and one line where I had a 3/5 which is good for $25.00!!!  A $33.00 win!!   The nicest part about it is that I played C4L for free tonite because I won $19.50 playing T5 last nite!!  G5    

Brooklyn, NY
                United States
                Member #78507
                August 16, 2009
                7158 Posts
                Posted: September 29, 2016, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

Hey Sam!!  Nice to see you over here in The C4L thread!!

Yes and no!  Although it sure looked like it, (I'm sorry for writing such an unclear post) all of my lines were partial QP's, but I picked three numbers and let the terminal pick the other two.  All of my lines had either #4, #55 or #56 and on a few of them I played both #4 and #55 or #56.

Tonites winning C4L numbers are 13 25 39 51 55  CB 3

But here's the best part of this post: I had two lines where I won $4.00 ($8.00 total) and one line where I had a 3/5 which is good for $25.00!!!  A $33.00 win!!   The nicest part about it is that I played C4L for free tonite because I won $19.50 playing T5 last nite!!  G5    

Congrats. Hurray!

I want to do a partial QP and lock it in for 8 draws.

I think that's the max on the playslip.

Anyway, I'm thinking of using 4 and 55.

230-005961856-142429

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: September 30, 2016, 9:15 am - IP Logged

I had the 25 and 55, first return in last 4 draws.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3702 Posts
                    Posted: September 30, 2016, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Congrats. Hurray!

I want to do a partial QP and lock it in for 8 draws.

I think that's the max on the playslip.

Anyway, I'm thinking of using 4 and 55.

Thanks!!

Number 4 and #55 are nice picks as is #56.  #55 may not show again for a few draws as it was drawn last nite.  As for me, I don't care for the advance play option in C4L due to the Cash Ball.  I do use it in Take5, but T5 doesn't have a Cash Ball.  The Cash Ball is the fly in the ointment as far as advance plays go with C4L.  If you do lock in the next eight drawings, I'd play the #2 Cash Ball.  You'll be stuck with which ever Cash Ball you chose for eight drawings, so you might as well use the CB that's been drawn the most over the entire life of C4L.

When I get some time, I'll post here some stats that I've been watching for C4L.  Today, I learned of a different approach to picking numbers. It's based upon the expected number of hits any number has over a two year time period, versus how many hits the number actually had during that time. For example, if a number has 5 hits in two years, but it should of had 10, (the "expected" number of hits) then maybe a player should play that number because it needs to "catch up".  The approach is based upon the idea that everything evens out over time.  G5  

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3702 Posts
                      Posted: September 30, 2016, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

I had the 25 and 55, first return in last 4 draws.

25 is a good number!  As a matter of fact, I had #25 paired with #55 one two different lines and won $8.00 off that pair!  G5

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3702 Posts
                        Posted: September 30, 2016, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Thanks!!

Number 4 and #55 are nice picks as is #56.  #55 may not show again for a few draws as it was drawn last nite.  As for me, I don't care for the advance play option in C4L due to the Cash Ball.  I do use it in Take5, but T5 doesn't have a Cash Ball.  The Cash Ball is the fly in the ointment as far as advance plays go with C4L.  If you do lock in the next eight drawings, I'd play the #2 Cash Ball.  You'll be stuck with which ever Cash Ball you chose for eight drawings, so you might as well use the CB that's been drawn the most over the entire life of C4L.

When I get some time, I'll post here some stats that I've been watching for C4L.  Today, I learned of a different approach to picking numbers. It's based upon the expected number of hits any number has over a two year time period, versus how many hits the number actually had during that time. For example, if a number has 5 hits in two years, but it should of had 10, (the "expected" number of hits) then maybe a player should play that number because it needs to "catch up".  The approach is based upon the idea that everything evens out over time.  G5  

Sam,

Something just occurred to me and that's that you may not be playing for the C4L top prize of $1,000 a day for life.  If that's the case, by all means, go ahead and lock in your numbers for eight draws, and don't give The Cash Ball any consideration what so ever. 

A player DOES NOT need the Cash Ball to win $1,000 a week for life.  In order to win the second place prize of $1,000 a week for life, a player must match the five non-cash balls.  The Cash Ball becomes meaningless if you're playing for 2nd place.  G5 

Brooklyn, NY
                          United States
                          Member #78507
                          August 16, 2009
                          7158 Posts
                          Posted: September 30, 2016, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Sam,

Something just occurred to me and that's that you may not be playing for the C4L top prize of $1,000 a day for life.  If that's the case, by all means, go ahead and lock in your numbers for eight draws, and don't give The Cash Ball any consideration what so ever. 

A player DOES NOT need the Cash Ball to win $1,000 a week for life.  In order to win the second place prize of $1,000 a week for life, a player must match the five non-cash balls.  The Cash Ball becomes meaningless if you're playing for 2nd place.  G5 

Thanks for the great info. 

I'd be happy with a $500 win.

230-005961856-142429

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3702 Posts
                            Posted: October 1, 2016, 7:52 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the great info. 

I'd be happy with a $500 win.

Five hundred beans Sam?  Hell!  I'd take that in a heartbeat

BTW - All ya gotta have is 4 of 5 (without The Cash Ball) to pick up that 500 beans!

The thing I noticed about this game is that sometimes The Cash Ball means something, and sometimes it means nothing. If you just have The Cash Ball, but no other numbers, you won't win a dime.  G5

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3702 Posts
                              Posted: October 1, 2016, 8:27 am - IP Logged

I recently re-read an old C4L thread that I started back in June of 2014 when C4L first began. At that time, I think only New York was offering the game.  (If I recall correctly, The New Jersey Lottery offered the game to NJ residents a short while after New York.)

I was amazed to see how many New York winners there were back then, as compared to the number of New York winners we see today.  It was in the range of 70,000 winners.  Obviously because the game was new, many lottery players were buying C4L tickets.  That's to be expected. I don't know how long it took for the game to settle down, but today there are typically 40,000 to 50,000 New York prize winners after each drawing.   (The NY Lottery's website does not report the number of winners in any other state other than if there was a JP winner in New Jersey.) 

That says something to me about the game.  New York has a population of 19 million people. New Jersey has a population of about 9 million. So the best chance/opportunity to see a JP winner lies in NY/NJ combined.  That's because the other six states that offer the game, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Tennessee, Indiana and Georgia have fewer people/lottery players. Pennsylvania has a good shot at producing a JP winner with almost 13 million residents.  That said, any state that offers the game could produce a JP winner. (Maryland has had one. )

I'm curious if there are as many non-jackpot (lower tier) winners in the other states as there are in New York. My guess is that there are fewer lower tier prize winners in the other states. G5  

Page 13 of 19