Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Robinson's buy 6.2 Million $ home on 320 acrea in TN

Topic closed. 132 replies. Last post 4 months ago by TheMeatman2005.

Page 6 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
Brooklyn, NY
United States
Member #169723
October 29, 2015
879 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2016, 10:57 am - IP Logged

After finally looking at all the pictures, I can confidently say, if I had been in their shoes, I would have bought it, too! What a house! Thank goodness they can afford to heat/cool it, and pay someone to keep it tidy.

Dang. Wonder what its like waking up there. Do you think the shock is over at this point, or have they hired someone to pinch them every day and remind them they aren't dreaming?

I Agree! LOL @ the pinching part

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4111 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2016, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

After finally looking at all the pictures, I can confidently say, if I had been in their shoes, I would have bought it, too! What a house! Thank goodness they can afford to heat/cool it, and pay someone to keep it tidy.

Dang. Wonder what its like waking up there. Do you think the shock is over at this point, or have they hired someone to pinch them every day and remind them they aren't dreaming?

After looking at all the pics l Disagree. Congrats on their win but l get the distinct impression that this home was bought to " get away from it all. "

*Here are my reasons.

They showed up in NY the very next morning to tell the world that they are winners.

Telling the press that they intended to keep working. Then they fired their attorney. 

Now that they over exposed they need to buy a home as far away as they can from civilization? From the pictures,  the only light other than their house is the stars.Face it: they home alone. 

I am willing to bet that they will not stay in this mansion 5 years. After all it's just the two of them & the dogs.

As always: an opinion. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Tulsa
      United States
      Member #172877
      February 7, 2016
      131 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2016, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

After looking at all the pics l Disagree. Congrats on their win but l get the distinct impression that this home was bought to " get away from it all. "

*Here are my reasons.

They showed up in NY the very next morning to tell the world that they are winners.

Telling the press that they intended to keep working. Then they fired their attorney. 

Now that they over exposed they need to buy a home as far away as they can from civilization? From the pictures,  the only light other than their house is the stars.Face it: they home alone. 

I am willing to bet that they will not stay in this mansion 5 years. After all it's just the two of them & the dogs.

As always: an opinion. 

The framework has been laid for the next country hit song.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
        Member #121745
        January 16, 2012
        4806 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2016, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

The framework has been laid for the next country hit song.

Next, they both decide to upgrade spouses and have a big nasty divorce.

And the song: " I had mansion walls that turned into bathroom stalls."

Or

"We had whistles and bells that turned into prison cells."

J'aime La France.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4111 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2016, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Or

GatorArtist or ArtistGator- you both are hilarious.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3475 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2016, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

"pay someone to keep it tidy."

Taking care of that house is a full time job for more than one someone. Not that they can't afford to have it done, but AFAIC, a house like that is just a giant albatross around the neck. I can only assume it's yet another manifestation of the emotional problems that sent them to a TV show before going to the lottery office.

LA Ca.
              United States
              Member #172750
              February 3, 2016
              89 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2016, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

I have read where some winners in SoCal had their atty drive them to a lottery office in Sacramento, submitted their claim, and then immediately flew to Hawaii for an extended vacation.

Would have made more sense to drive to the  lottery office in Van Nuys.

United States
                Member #164725
                March 12, 2015
                343 Posts
                Posted: August 3, 2016, 4:42 am - IP Logged

Would have made more sense to drive to the  lottery office in Van Nuys.

No, it wouldnt. The point was to avoid the press who are known to stalk the lottery offices. 

LA Ca.
                  United States
                  Member #172750
                  February 3, 2016
                  89 Posts
                  Posted: August 4, 2016, 2:16 am - IP Logged

No, it wouldnt. The point was to avoid the press who are known to stalk the lottery offices. 

Van Nuys lottery office used to be small office within a much larger Govt office building. There are 1000's of people coming & going there every day. I didn't know they had moved to the place on Sherman Way. Also: No one knows if you are going in there to claim a $601 ticket.

If they wanted to avoid using any of the 5 offices in SoCal, they could have gone to the one in Fresno.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                    USA
                    United States
                    Member #152799
                    February 25, 2014
                    1094 Posts
                    Posted: August 4, 2016, 9:10 am - IP Logged

Or

Lol! that could easily happen to them as a few years ago a jackpot winner in Great Britain did just that. The husband was perfectly content but the wife shall we say, became a little frisky with other males.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      22980 Posts
                      Posted: August 4, 2016, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

The house they moved from is at 236 West Dr. Munford,TN and their daughter was living in her grandparents house at 166 Tipton Rd Munford,TN You can google and look at the street view.

ty, big change.

Skibunnylk's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                        Member #157701
                        July 28, 2014
                        139 Posts
                        Posted: August 4, 2016, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

Well worth the money. Eek

http://online.flipbuilder.com/kpsm/ajey/

Just flip through the website's pics.

Wow! very nice!

Never attempt to maintain a lifestyle you can't afford.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4806 Posts
                          Posted: August 4, 2016, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Lol! that could easily happen to them as a few years ago a jackpot winner in Great Britain did just that. The husband was perfectly content but the wife shall we say, became a little frisky with other males.

I remember!  Lol

J'aime La France.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #74096
                            May 2, 2009
                            22980 Posts
                            Posted: August 6, 2016, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

I wonder how many people are asking for money. They both look like they have no problem with the word No.

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4111 Posts
                              Posted: August 6, 2016, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

I wonder how many people are asking for money. They both look like they have no problem with the word No.

If you took a gander at the pictures of their new place dr, l doubt you going to see beggars or Panhandlers hanging outside their gate. That's why they moved out there in the first place, to get away from non millionaires. Looks like a good quarter of a mile of gravel road to the front door, so that's out of the question. If they have caller ID, they could simply not pick up the phone. The only way to get their attention is to climb the gate or work their way through those trees at the back of their property ..only to be confronted by ..yes, my original idea...The cave trolls lurking the property. Think your encounter with them will be friendly- doubtful.