Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Robinson's buy 6.2 Million $ home on 320 acrea in TN

Topic closed. 132 replies. Last post 5 months ago by TheMeatman2005.

Page 8 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
helpmewin's avatar - dandy
u$a
United States
Member #106665
February 22, 2011
19967 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2016, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Junk is usually referred to something that is worthless. If you think the house is junk, how are property taxes going to break them? If the county tax assessors don't agree with your wisdom then they could very well have a decent tax bill.

For the most part, TN property taxes are one of the lowest in the nation so I think the Robinson's will do just fine.

(Junk is usually referred to something that is worthless)---->WRONG They say one man's JUNK is another Treasure.

So i guess it is NOT Worthless to them. It's Their Money they can waste it however they want we'll be reading about them again soon enough.LOL

Patriot

u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19967 Posts
    Posted: August 12, 2016, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

I don't think that house is junk but it should have been hidden amongst all those trees, not in the open like a sore thumb.

I Hope you spend your Money Wisely if you ever WIN BIG!

GOOD LUCK Lep

Patriot

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
      Green Bay
      United States
      Member #169391
      October 15, 2015
      1280 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2016, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

I Hope you spend your Money Wisely if you ever WIN BIG!

GOOD LUCK Lep

Haha...I probably won't but my wife won't let me.

Never give up.  Banana

Portland, OR
        United States
        Member #145973
        August 20, 2013
        226 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2016, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Nice crib.  The most I'd spend in a home is 1 1/2 million even if I win a billion after taxes.   But this isolation will kill me.  No people around,  no good for me.  What am I going to do?  Count my money all day? :)  I mean for vacation is fine, but not to call it home.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

xstreamgaming15's avatar - 41M8sCXM8YL _SY300_.jpg
          SoCal
          United States
          Member #170973
          December 25, 2015
          30 Posts
          Posted: August 12, 2016, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

I believe this is how lottery winners dig themselves into a financial grave. Thats why I don't believe what the press says about any lotto winners, that they'll continue living normal lives and continue to be productive citizens. It starts small for example the Robinsons family they bought a giant 6.2 million house, a dozen fancy cars, body guards and probably pay for their kids college tuition. But all those things require maintenance that usually costs money. Every year you have to pay Uncle Sam property taxes, cars need to be insured/maintained, body guards want to be paid for thier services and college is not cheap if they choose to send them. I guess the amount powerball/mega million winners get determines when they'll go bankrupt. Since the Robinsons stopped working and have no self control over the money. I can see 328 million (before taxes) burn out within 10 years.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #77167
            July 15, 2009
            569 Posts
            Posted: August 12, 2016, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

How many children do the Robinsons have?  I saw one daughter on tv with them.

Do they really live in the house?  They could be living somewhere more suitable to their personalities while voyeurs are watching "the house".

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
              Green Bay
              United States
              Member #169391
              October 15, 2015
              1280 Posts
              Posted: August 12, 2016, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

How many children do the Robinsons have?  I saw one daughter on tv with them.

Do they really live in the house?  They could be living somewhere more suitable to their personalities while voyeurs are watching "the house".

Maybe they're living in the guest house.  That looked real nice too.

Never give up.  Banana

South Carolina
                United States
                Member #77167
                July 15, 2009
                569 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2016, 4:37 am - IP Logged

Like a luxury retirement community where they can socialize with other people when they aren't travelling.

Two homes are not uncommon for the wealthy.

Skibunnylk's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                  Member #157701
                  July 28, 2014
                  148 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2016, 11:03 am - IP Logged

A lots lot of middle to upper middle class families own two homes. No need to be extremely wealthy to do that as long as you're sensible with your budgeting.

Never attempt to maintain a lifestyle you can't afford.

United States
                    Member #157701
                    July 28, 2014
                    148 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2016, 11:11 am - IP Logged

(Junk is usually referred to something that is worthless)---->WRONG They say one man's JUNK is another Treasure.

So i guess it is NOT Worthless to them. It's Their Money they can waste it however they want we'll be reading about them again soon enough.LOL

True, one man's junk can very well be someone else's treasure. This particular home would tend to sway toward treasure instead of junk in most people's eyes. I have seen single wide mobile homes that the occupants believe is the nices place around while others think otherwise.

u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19967 Posts
                      Posted: August 13, 2016, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

True, one man's junk can very well be someone else's treasure. This particular home would tend to sway toward treasure instead of junk in most people's eyes. I have seen single wide mobile homes that the occupants believe is the nices place around while others think otherwise.

I Agree!

Patriot

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                        Member #169277
                        October 10, 2015
                        630 Posts
                        Posted: August 13, 2016, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

I believe this is how lottery winners dig themselves into a financial grave. Thats why I don't believe what the press says about any lotto winners, that they'll continue living normal lives and continue to be productive citizens. It starts small for example the Robinsons family they bought a giant 6.2 million house, a dozen fancy cars, body guards and probably pay for their kids college tuition. But all those things require maintenance that usually costs money. Every year you have to pay Uncle Sam property taxes, cars need to be insured/maintained, body guards want to be paid for thier services and college is not cheap if they choose to send them. I guess the amount powerball/mega million winners get determines when they'll go bankrupt. Since the Robinsons stopped working and have no self control over the money. I can see 328 million (before taxes) burn out within 10 years.

Time will tell. But I think you're wrong, they should've had over 190 million after tax to start with. Invested sensibly, that's more than enough to maintain the property and live well. 

It all depends on where they go from here.  I hope they succeed.

United States
                          Member #157701
                          July 28, 2014
                          148 Posts
                          Posted: August 13, 2016, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Time will tell. But I think you're wrong, they should've had over 190 million after tax to start with. Invested sensibly, that's more than enough to maintain the property and live well. 

It all depends on where they go from here.  I hope they succeed.

I Agree! With $190 million after taxes, even spending $20 million will leave them $170 million. Any decent financial expert should easily return a minimum of 2% yearly and this would equate to $3.4 million annually. Their property tax is under $20k per year, upkeep/utilities on the property might run $20k monthly but may very well be less while security would be their biggest expenditure at $30k monthly (3 separate guards on rotating shifts every 8 hours 24/7).

With over $280k of monthly income, all their expenses won't even make a dent in what they bring in yearly and unless they go hog wild on spending, the $170 million principal won't even be touched even after 30 years.

Face it, some of you are not pleased that this family won all that money and unless the future tax codes doesn't go ballistic I bet it will last for generations.

South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #77167
                            July 15, 2009
                            569 Posts
                            Posted: August 13, 2016, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

"Since the Robinsons stopped working and have no self control over the money. I can see 328 million (before taxes) burn out within 10 years."

And how did you come to this assessment of the Robinsons?  Lottery envy is real isn't it?

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Tulsa
                              United States
                              Member #172877
                              February 7, 2016
                              131 Posts
                              Posted: August 13, 2016, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

I see some real envious/jealous posts in this thread.  Who cares what they do with their money or where they live?  The only thing that I don't like about that house being way out in the middle of nowhere is that it gives off that home invasion/horror movie or crime story vibe just waiting to happen.