Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Robinson's buy 6.2 Million $ home on 320 acrea in TN

Topic closed. 132 replies. Last post 3 months ago by TheMeatman2005.

Page 9 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
Arizona
United States
Member #165073
March 24, 2015
220 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2016, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

EekEekEek WOW!! What a BEAUTIFULL home! That would be way too much house for single guy like me! You would have to have a clothing to match. You can`t be living in a house like that dressed like a bum. LOL

Living in a house like that, you can wear anything you want.  Or nothing at all, if that's what you want. Wink

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4105 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2016, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Living in a house like that, you can wear anything you want.  Or nothing at all, if that's what you want. Wink

l would  go along with the Nothing at all statement. There are no voyeur neighbors anywhere close and lets me realistic, who is going to go out of their way to spy on some 50-60 something couple in their birthday suits?

* Which raises another question: Why did the Jedi not sense that Palpatine was a Sith lord- that dude was in their midst the whole freaking time?

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #77167
      July 15, 2009
      554 Posts
      Posted: August 14, 2016, 9:13 am - IP Logged

I see some real envious/jealous posts in this thread.  Who cares what they do with their money or where they live?  The only thing that I don't like about that house being way out in the middle of nowhere is that it gives off that home invasion/horror movie or crime story vibe just waiting to happen.

I Agree!  lol--thought it was just me.  I would imagine all sorts of awful things that could happen--even with bodyguards around.  Guess I've seen too many horror movies.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
        Happy California
        United States
        Member #157856
        August 2, 2014
        1511 Posts
        Posted: August 22, 2016, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Unhappy I just came across Tennessee lottery winners who won in November 2015 and claimed their win in a Trust in December 2015.

Their name and everything else about them is now secret. 

I found this Lottery Post using the Search box.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4105 Posts
          Posted: August 22, 2016, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

I see some real envious/jealous posts in this thread.  Who cares what they do with their money or where they live?  The only thing that I don't like about that house being way out in the middle of nowhere is that it gives off that home invasion/horror movie or crime story vibe just waiting to happen.

Its called Opinions GS- you know that thing you do from time to time and feel a need to say something- yeah, that thing... Opinions.

By the way someone could say you ONLY Jealous about the location of the Robinson's home, despite your putting up a vigorous defense to say its neither. You see Ol Man- opinions come in many forms here.Big Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4105 Posts
            Posted: August 22, 2016, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Unhappy I just came across Tennessee lottery winners who won in November 2015 and claimed their win in a Trust in December 2015.

Their name and everything else about them is now secret. 

I found this Lottery Post using the Search box.

Smart folk. 

Happy California
              United States
              Member #157856
              August 2, 2014
              1511 Posts
              Posted: August 23, 2016, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Smart folk. 

I Agree! Each lottery winner must take advantage of the laws in their State. If only John & Lisa Robinson knew that claiming with a Trust could have kept their identity secret. 

An example for them to copy was done one month before they won.

Poster Joshua Cloak alerted us to this but used non-lottery post sites in his post.

I am here in California and now know what rights I have when claiming my win.

Dance

United States
                Member #164725
                March 12, 2015
                341 Posts
                Posted: August 23, 2016, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

From the Official Tenn Lottery page under faqs:

Can the winner of a large Lottery prize remain anonymous?

It is the policy of the Tennessee Lottery to treat such information as a public record. The Lottery will therefore disclose the name, home state and home town of winners if a request is received for such information.

Happy California
                  United States
                  Member #157856
                  August 2, 2014
                  1511 Posts
                  Posted: August 23, 2016, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

From the Official Tenn Lottery page under faqs:

Can the winner of a large Lottery prize remain anonymous?

It is the policy of the Tennessee Lottery to treat such information as a public record. The Lottery will therefore disclose the name, home state and home town of winners if a request is received for such information.

I Agree! and this is the same policy for California. As a Californian, I will have the right to say NO to the Press Conference and the photo shoot with the big check. Marvin and Mae Costa of Chino Hills did this six months after the record Power Ball jackpot was won on January 13, 2016.

This is the best alternative to claiming anonymously.

Here is another winner's story found on LP Search box. "Lottery winner demonstrates the right way to claim a big jackpot." March 20,2005 This approach works for Illinois winners.

Dance

Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4105 Posts
                    Posted: August 24, 2016, 1:39 am - IP Logged

I Agree! Each lottery winner must take advantage of the laws in their State. If only John & Lisa Robinson knew that claiming with a Trust could have kept their identity secret. 

An example for them to copy was done one month before they won.

Poster Joshua Cloak alerted us to this but used non-lottery post sites in his post.

I am here in California and now know what rights I have when claiming my win.

Dance

I don't want to harp on the Robinson family but some folk think that  just because you have an attorney, you ought to abandon thinking for oneself and give the power to make decisions about your future to lawyers. Attorneys need to know that you the winner hired them, not the other way round. If you can hire, you can fire. If you can't fire your attorney, it means you fear them and that's a recipe for disaster. End of story.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                      Member #164603
                      March 8, 2015
                      604 Posts
                      Posted: August 24, 2016, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Well, back to the house for a bit. I don't like the style of the house, what with the vinyl cladding and the beige colours, the cast iron fencing and the 3 story family room.

A lot of these features could be changed no doubt, if they desire.  I would, but everyone's taste is different McMansions in Jersey or wherever sell too, so people must like them.

The property and acreage itself is great, the lake needs some plants, right now it looks like a huge puddle, it needs more atmosphere. I noticed the whole estate doesn't have a garden design yet. Should be beautiful with some trees and shrub.

Nolege is power.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #77167
                        July 15, 2009
                        554 Posts
                        Posted: August 24, 2016, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

I still think it is a decoy house and they really live somewhere else Smile  not saying they didn't buy it.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                          Brooklyn, NY
                          United States
                          Member #169723
                          October 29, 2015
                          877 Posts
                          Posted: August 24, 2016, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I still think it is a decoy house and they really live somewhere else Smile  not saying they didn't buy it.

Home is where the heart is. Your home will always be the place for which you feel the deepest affection, no matter where you are. And I hope they are very happy.

Although, if you think about it, they had to move away from friends and neighbors they have known for many years. They may live in a big, fancy house, but are they really happier?

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot