Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Robinson's buy 6.2 Million $ home on 320 acrea in TN

Topic closed. 132 replies. Last post 3 months ago by TheMeatman2005.

Page 7 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
Romulus,MI
United States
Member #142372
May 10, 2013
2343 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2016, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

EekEekEek WOW!! What a BEAUTIFULL home! That would be way too much house for single guy like me! You would have to have a clothing to match. You can`t be living in a house like that dressed like a bum. LOL

You can do anything if you put your mind into it. The sky is the limit! Cool

Unluckyone's avatar - lib

United States
    Member #176419
    August 4, 2016
    114 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2016, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

EekEekEek WOW!! What a BEAUTIFULL home! That would be way too much house for single guy like me! You would have to have a clothing to match. You can`t be living in a house like that dressed like a bum. LOL

That house is a little over 9000 square feet. In the early 2000's there was a NBA player named Matt G that had a 30,000 square foot home built for himself. I think he lived in it for a few years before selling it for a loss.

If you live in any kind of mansion, you can dress anyway you like .Wink

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
      Green Bay
      United States
      Member #169391
      October 15, 2015
      1245 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2016, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

I have a feeling eventually they'll regret buying such a large expensive house.  Sooner or later it will have to be sold.  Who's going to buy it?

Never give up.  Banana

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
        Brooklyn, NY
        United States
        Member #169723
        October 29, 2015
        877 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2016, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

I have a feeling eventually they'll regret buying such a large expensive house.  Sooner or later it will have to be sold.  Who's going to buy it?

Someone with $7 mil Yes Nod

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Skibunnylk's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #157701
          July 28, 2014
          137 Posts
          Posted: August 7, 2016, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

The land is what would attract future potential buyers. Homes that size on smaller lots would be lucky to sell for anything over $2million unless it was in a very desirable community.

Never attempt to maintain a lifestyle you can't afford.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4108 Posts
            Posted: August 7, 2016, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

JJ prince would. For $10 mil.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
              Member #169277
              October 10, 2015
              630 Posts
              Posted: August 7, 2016, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

The land is what would attract future potential buyers. Homes that size on smaller lots would be lucky to sell for anything over $2million unless it was in a very desirable community.

I agree, the value there is the land, it looks lovely. The house itself, well, the style just doesn't appeal to me. 

In any case, I hope they enjoy it.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                Brooklyn, NY
                United States
                Member #169723
                October 29, 2015
                877 Posts
                Posted: August 12, 2016, 5:08 am - IP Logged

I agree, the value there is the land, it looks lovely. The house itself, well, the style just doesn't appeal to me. 

In any case, I hope they enjoy it.

I do believe that even after winning they would have been very happy living in the same house they had before buying this one.

I would say they didn't buy it because they had all that money now. They bought it to get away from everyone after their extreme media exposure. 

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                  Happy California
                  United States
                  Member #157856
                  August 2, 2014
                  1520 Posts
                  Posted: August 12, 2016, 9:27 am - IP Logged

I Agree! "They bought it to get away...". Money changes people. Tell as few others about your win. Do not flash your cash.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: August 12, 2016, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

There are thousands of places for sale that would be perfectly nice and let you get away from people. There are a lot less of them that are that big and don't call attention to themselves or allow all the people you want to get away from to see pictures showing every room in your supposedly private house on the property's own website. If they bought this place just to get away from people I'd say the thought process ranks right up there with the TV appearance.

I'm a bit curious about how the media got the information. Did somebody manage to follow them home, or did they get more great legal advice and make it easy by buying in their own name?

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                      USA
                      United States
                      Member #152799
                      February 25, 2014
                      1092 Posts
                      Posted: August 12, 2016, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

There are thousands of places for sale that would be perfectly nice and let you get away from people. There are a lot less of them that are that big and don't call attention to themselves or allow all the people you want to get away from to see pictures showing every room in your supposedly private house on the property's own website. If they bought this place just to get away from people I'd say the thought process ranks right up there with the TV appearance.

I'm a bit curious about how the media got the information. Did somebody manage to follow them home, or did they get more great legal advice and make it easy by buying in their own name?

" did they get more great legal advice and make it easy by buying in their own name?"

I realize it makes your day to criticize these folks but the Robinson's actually got good legal advice in purchasing their home under a trust and not under their real name. With enough snooping around most folks can follow the transaction trail and figure out who actually purchased the home . FYI, many celebrities follow similar advice from their counsel.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                        u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19843 Posts
                        Posted: August 12, 2016, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

The house is JUNK! Maybe they bought it for the Property. Property TAX is going to Break them. LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                          Green Bay
                          United States
                          Member #169391
                          October 15, 2015
                          1245 Posts
                          Posted: August 12, 2016, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

The house is JUNK! Maybe they bought it for the Property. Property TAX is going to Break them. LOL

I don't think that house is junk but it should have been hidden amongst all those trees, not in the open like a sore thumb.

Never give up.  Banana

USA
                            United States
                            Member #152799
                            February 25, 2014
                            1092 Posts
                            Posted: August 12, 2016, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

Junk is usually referred to something that is worthless. If you think the house is junk, how are property taxes going to break them? If the county tax assessors don't agree with your wisdom then they could very well have a decent tax bill.

For the most part, TN property taxes are one of the lowest in the nation so I think the Robinson's will do just fine.

USA
                              United States
                              Member #152799
                              February 25, 2014
                              1092 Posts
                              Posted: August 12, 2016, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

I don't think that house is junk but it should have been hidden amongst all those trees, not in the open like a sore thumb.

I think the home itself is well hidden from the road. With 320 acres, the driveway leading up to the house is quite substantial and I doubt they walk to their mail box unless they enjoy the exercise.