Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does the size of the lottery jackpot matter to you?

Topic closed. 100 replies. Last post 3 months ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4104 Posts
Posted: September 1, 2016, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Does it have to be a specific amount before you would even consider playing a dollar or more? Or are you in " for a penny or a pound" as the saying goes?  Does she have to be a redhead/ brunette or does he have to have blue eyes/ tanned before you would even think of going out on a date. ..so to speak. You get my drift.

Have a good day & upcoming weekend People. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
    Happy California
    United States
    Member #157856
    August 2, 2014
    1507 Posts
    Posted: September 1, 2016, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

I play advance play for both PB & MM. So I am ready to win the jackpot at any time.Wink

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

MoneyMike$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Ny
      United States
      Member #167314
      July 5, 2015
      1805 Posts
      Posted: September 1, 2016, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Not really I play when I feel ready to win some odd millions.. Usually around a hundred million is where I feel inspired and start playing either a draw or 2 before i feel the hundred mark will be reached.. grabbing a qp but at a hundred million is usually where my calculation starts.. Just call me when it reaches a hundred million and its mine or we can share

Creativity..

" What's more likely to happen will happen.. "

Million dollar operation 

Wink

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7297 Posts
        Posted: September 1, 2016, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Does it have to be a specific amount before you would even consider playing a dollar or more? Or are you in " for a penny or a pound" as the saying goes?  Does she have to be a redhead/ brunette or does he have to have blue eyes/ tanned before you would even think of going out on a date. ..so to speak. You get my drift.

There is a core group of MM players that purchase around $16 tickets every drawing and the sales as the jackpot approaches $100 million suggests other players are now purchasing tickets and/or some of the core group is buying more tickets. PB core group of players on average purchase less tickets than MM when the jackpot is under $100 million, but it's a $2 ticket.

Personally I don't want to throw away money, not just betting on one of my five or ten tickets will win a jackpot (or something), but betting at least one all the tickets sold for that drawing will win the jackpot. There was only a 5.5% chance anyone would win last night's $154 million PB jackpot and nobody won a $1 million second prize. The MM drawing was even worse when 20 players beat odds of 1:739,688 to win the same $5000 pick-4 players get for beating 1:10,000 odds.

I Agree! "You can't win if you don't play", but there are no winners in most drawings.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
          Brooklyn, NY
          United States
          Member #169723
          October 29, 2015
          877 Posts
          Posted: September 1, 2016, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

I am in it to win it. No matter the size of the jackpot. But, when it comes to jackpots, the bigger, the better!

After  winning, It wouldn't matter redhead or brunette! As long as I'm loved for me and not my money. Troll Hippy Thumbs Up

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
            NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3692 Posts
            Posted: September 1, 2016, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

In some games, I play for second place. 

I don't pay attention to the jackpot as much as I do 2nd place for those games.  I'm referring to NY's 6/59 game, Lotto.  The second place prize rolls over if no one wins it, and I've seen it grow to $500,000.  Odds on it are 7.5 million to 1 vs 45 million to 1 for Lotto's  jackpot.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
              Green Bay
              United States
              Member #169391
              October 15, 2015
              1239 Posts
              Posted: September 1, 2016, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

At this point, I'll take anything.

Never give up.  Banana

MoneyMike$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                Ny
                United States
                Member #167314
                July 5, 2015
                1805 Posts
                Posted: September 1, 2016, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

In some games, I play for second place. 

I don't pay attention to the jackpot as much as I do 2nd place for those games.  I'm referring to NY's 6/59 game, Lotto.  The second place prize rolls over if no one wins it, and I've seen it grow to $500,000.  Odds on it are 7.5 million to 1 vs 45 million to 1 for Lotto's  jackpot.  G5

Like you G5 when it comes to Mega Millions or PB (I mainly like to play Mega) i usually focus on the 5 of 5 prize for second knowing first is possible.. I'll take the taxed million because it's possible.. If i get the Mega Ball 1-15 correct even  better.. But I would start with the 5 of 5.. mega millions usually draws 2-3 #s from 1-15 including the Mega Ball..

Creativity..

" What's more likely to happen will happen.. "

Million dollar operation 

Wink

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                  Member #138729
                  February 4, 2013
                  2867 Posts
                  Posted: September 1, 2016, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Does not matter to me...

Smile

Want regulated Internet gaming in your state? Got 30 SECONDS to spare?
                  MI Residents ONLY (Time is running out; ACT NOW)-
                  Click me
                  Open to EVERYONE- Click me

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4104 Posts
                    Posted: September 1, 2016, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

I play advance play for both PB & MM. So I am ready to win the jackpot at any time.Wink

So you lock & loaded regardless Music. That's called covering every angle. Good Man!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Arizona
                      United States
                      Member #165073
                      March 24, 2015
                      220 Posts
                      Posted: September 1, 2016, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

I'm in for every drawing. I have rough plans for how to handle any level of win, from a multi-way split of a starting MM jackpot, to being the sole winner of a billion.

Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4104 Posts
                        Posted: September 1, 2016, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Not really I play when I feel ready to win some odd millions.. Usually around a hundred million is where I feel inspired and start playing either a draw or 2 before i feel the hundred mark will be reached.. grabbing a qp but at a hundred million is usually where my calculation starts.. Just call me when it reaches a hundred million and its mine or we can share

Interpreted differently : l want others to use their money while building the jackpot up so when it hits my benchmark- then l play. Is my assumption correct Money? 

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4104 Posts
                          Posted: September 1, 2016, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

There is a core group of MM players that purchase around $16 tickets every drawing and the sales as the jackpot approaches $100 million suggests other players are now purchasing tickets and/or some of the core group is buying more tickets. PB core group of players on average purchase less tickets than MM when the jackpot is under $100 million, but it's a $2 ticket.

Personally I don't want to throw away money, not just betting on one of my five or ten tickets will win a jackpot (or something), but betting at least one all the tickets sold for that drawing will win the jackpot. There was only a 5.5% chance anyone would win last night's $154 million PB jackpot and nobody won a $1 million second prize. The MM drawing was even worse when 20 players beat odds of 1:739,688 to win the same $5000 pick-4 players get for beating 1:10,000 odds.

I Agree! "You can't win if you don't play", but there are no winners in most drawings.

Interesting stats Stack.

Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4104 Posts
                            Posted: September 1, 2016, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

I am in it to win it. No matter the size of the jackpot. But, when it comes to jackpots, the bigger, the better!

After  winning, It wouldn't matter redhead or brunette! As long as I'm loved for me and not my money. Troll Hippy Thumbs Up

l think winning anything is worth more than winning nothing. 

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4104 Posts
                              Posted: September 1, 2016, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Like you G5 when it comes to Mega Millions or PB (I mainly like to play Mega) i usually focus on the 5 of 5 prize for second knowing first is possible.. I'll take the taxed million because it's possible.. If i get the Mega Ball 1-15 correct even  better.. But I would start with the 5 of 5.. mega millions usually draws 2-3 #s from 1-15 including the Mega Ball..

2nd place is the First loser. But it's a loser that wins.Big Smile