Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does the size of the lottery jackpot matter to you?

Topic closed. 100 replies. Last post 3 months ago by RJOh.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
USA
United States
Member #152799
February 25, 2014
1092 Posts
Posted: September 5, 2016, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

No, Stack. I'm not talking about 'spending' that kind of money, man. You said that two winning tickets in California paid $8,502 which are prizes. I was simply confirming that amount as being plenty enough, for me,  to care of some immediate priorities first and then some luxuries. In other words, I ain't picky at all when it comes to a financial blessing 'cause it's always right on time...no matter the amount. Anyone who'd find something wrong with winning any amount on such a difficult game doesn't deserve to win anyway in my humble opinion.

Most of us here understood your explanation referencing the prize amount but not Sad Stack as he gets enjoyment chastising others in order to elevate his ficticious status level that only exist in his head.

Majority of my winners are $7 or less so I would be extremely greatful on anything larger.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1649 Posts
    Posted: September 5, 2016, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Most of us here understood your explanation referencing the prize amount but not Sad Stack as he gets enjoyment chastising others in order to elevate his ficticious status level that only exist in his head.

Majority of my winners are $7 or less so I would be extremely greatful on anything larger.

Yeah, I kinda figured it made some sense but, maybe Stack misunderstood me along the way. It's all good as he and I have had many good debates in years prior on all the games...we agreed and agreed to disagree. Like you, whenever I did match anything, it was only a couple of bucks which I wrote off as funds for the next draw and was happy with that. Let me get even a 4 + 0 on either game and I'm gonna be at some convenience store POSING!! Cool

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: September 5, 2016, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I kinda figured it made some sense but, maybe Stack misunderstood me along the way. It's all good as he and I have had many good debates in years prior on all the games...we agreed and agreed to disagree. Like you, whenever I did match anything, it was only a couple of bucks which I wrote off as funds for the next draw and was happy with that. Let me get even a 4 + 0 on either game and I'm gonna be at some convenience store POSING!! Cool

Stack is alright, its all about Opinions, nothing more nothing less. What l find amazing is the fact that despite being of Spanish heritage, Kingofearth has no knowledge of Antonio Banderas. He had to Google the guy to find out who he was. Even my gardener who hardly speaks English knows who he is.

As Spock would say " Fascinating."

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7313 Posts
        Posted: September 5, 2016, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

No, Stack. I'm not talking about 'spending' that kind of money, man. You said that two winning tickets in California paid $8,502 which are prizes. I was simply confirming that amount as being plenty enough, for me,  to care of some immediate priorities first and then some luxuries. In other words, I ain't picky at all when it comes to a financial blessing 'cause it's always right on time...no matter the amount. Anyone who'd find something wrong with winning any amount on such a difficult game doesn't deserve to win anyway in my humble opinion.

"I was simply confirming that amount as being plenty enough, for me,  to care of some immediate priorities first and then some luxuries

But you didn't win $8502 or the $5000 payoff in your state.

"Anyone who'd find something wrong with winning any amount on such a difficult game doesn't deserve to win anyway in my humble opinion."

Nobody found fault with matching 4 + 1 and collecting $5000 or the two $8502 California winners. The topic is "does the size of the jackpot matter" and my observation was nobody won the jackpot or a $1 million dollar second prize. Are you seriously saying you're playing MM because $8502 is "plenty enough for you"?

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7313 Posts
          Posted: September 5, 2016, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

"Majority of my winners are $7 or less so I would be extremely greatful on anything larger."

Now you have all the LP members sitting on pins and needles waiting for your "how to win $7" lottery system.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7313 Posts
            Posted: September 5, 2016, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Stack is alright, its all about Opinions, nothing more nothing less. What l find amazing is the fact that despite being of Spanish heritage, Kingofearth has no knowledge of Antonio Banderas. He had to Google the guy to find out who he was. Even my gardener who hardly speaks English knows who he is.

There is a Heineken ad where people take selfies with Benicio Del Toro believing he was Antonio Banderas.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: September 5, 2016, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

There is a Heineken ad where people take selfies with Benicio Del Toro believing he was Antonio Banderas.

Right Stack. l get confused with this picture of me with some people out there as well.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                USA
                United States
                Member #152799
                February 25, 2014
                1092 Posts
                Posted: September 5, 2016, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

"Majority of my winners are $7 or less so I would be extremely greatful on anything larger."

Now you have all the LP members sitting on pins and needles waiting for your "how to win $7" lottery system.

No need to worry. I won't be infringing on your main source of income. You go right ahead and keep your $7 lottery system as you need it much more than I do.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
                  Upstate NY
                  United States
                  Member #174656
                  May 5, 2016
                  757 Posts
                  Posted: September 6, 2016, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

? I don't have Spanish heritage

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7313 Posts
                    Posted: September 7, 2016, 1:44 am - IP Logged

No need to worry. I won't be infringing on your main source of income. You go right ahead and keep your $7 lottery system as you need it much more than I do.

You said: "Majority of my winners are $7 or less so I would be extremely greatful on anything larger." and my comment was "Now you have all the LP members sitting on pins and needles waiting for your "how to win $7" lottery system."

"You go right ahead and keep your $7 lottery system as you need it much more than I do."

It's really sad especially when discussing lottery topics when a poster (you) don't even know they (you) brought up "the majority of your winners are $7 or less. But if being grateful winning $7 (probably $5 after deducting the cost of a ticket) is why you're playing PB, good luck too ya.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7313 Posts
                      Posted: September 7, 2016, 1:56 am - IP Logged

The topic is almost a debate between the extreme right and extreme left. One side might say they are smarter because they wait to play until there is at least a 50% chance of the jackpot being won. And the other side is saying they have a chance to win the jackpot in every drawing and have a chance to win $5000, $50,000, or $1 million too. Both extremes are giving logical fallacies when the truth is some people play every drawings and while others are "some time" players.

Isn't waiting for the ticket buying frenzy more conservative and playing every drawing?

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1649 Posts
                        Posted: September 7, 2016, 10:16 am - IP Logged

"I was simply confirming that amount as being plenty enough, for me,  to care of some immediate priorities first and then some luxuries

But you didn't win $8502 or the $5000 payoff in your state.

"Anyone who'd find something wrong with winning any amount on such a difficult game doesn't deserve to win anyway in my humble opinion."

Nobody found fault with matching 4 + 1 and collecting $5000 or the two $8502 California winners. The topic is "does the size of the jackpot matter" and my observation was nobody won the jackpot or a $1 million dollar second prize. Are you seriously saying you're playing MM because $8502 is "plenty enough for you"?

Really, Stack? Man, come on. Everyone here knows that I didn't match for either prize but, that my comment was geared up to an 'in the event that I would've been' one of those winners. Regarding your last question, I never implied that as being the sole reason I play whenever I do, okay, and your answer had already taken place several posts back when I included the following statements in my comment:

-I ain't picky at all when it comes to a financial blessing-

-winning any amount on such a difficult game-

Do you intentionally take things out of context, Stack, or did you honestly not get the point I was driving? I look at most everything from a purely moral perspective because one's thought pattern has EVERYTHING to do with how they fare in life. Once again, my point here is simply to be very thankful if able to match ANYTHING on either game 'cause it's extremely hard and pure luck when/if it happens. Lastly, I can guarantee that the $8502 won by those individuals was "plenty enough for their efforts' on that play.....'cause they're both $8502 AHEAD OF ALL OF US IN WINNINGS ON THAT GAME.

Can you hear me now? LOL

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7313 Posts
                          Posted: September 7, 2016, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Really, Stack? Man, come on. Everyone here knows that I didn't match for either prize but, that my comment was geared up to an 'in the event that I would've been' one of those winners. Regarding your last question, I never implied that as being the sole reason I play whenever I do, okay, and your answer had already taken place several posts back when I included the following statements in my comment:

-I ain't picky at all when it comes to a financial blessing-

-winning any amount on such a difficult game-

Do you intentionally take things out of context, Stack, or did you honestly not get the point I was driving? I look at most everything from a purely moral perspective because one's thought pattern has EVERYTHING to do with how they fare in life. Once again, my point here is simply to be very thankful if able to match ANYTHING on either game 'cause it's extremely hard and pure luck when/if it happens. Lastly, I can guarantee that the $8502 won by those individuals was "plenty enough for their efforts' on that play.....'cause they're both $8502 AHEAD OF ALL OF US IN WINNINGS ON THAT GAME.

Can you hear me now? LOL

If people could just stay on topic, things would be so much easier. 

I highlight which part of the posts I'm commenting on so there is no confusions, but now I have to repeat what I said in a previous post.

A reason why the "size of the jackpot matters" to some players is what I previously said, the jackpot rolled, nobody won a $1 million second prize, and 20 only tickets beat odds of 1:739,688 by matching 4 + 1.

"Lastly, I can guarantee that the $8502 won by those individuals was "plenty enough for their efforts' on that play.....'cause they're both $8502 AHEAD OF ALL OF US IN WINNINGS ON THAT GAME."

It's obvious size doesn't matter to those playing every drawing and just as obvious more people play as the jackpot grows. Seriously, how does being happy with winning a third prize relate to the size of the jackpot?

"Can you hear me now?"

Loud and clear if the topic was "are you satisfied winning $5000 after missing winning the jackpot by one number", but it's not.

MoneyMike$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                            Ny
                            United States
                            Member #167314
                            July 5, 2015
                            1806 Posts
                            Posted: September 7, 2016, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

If people could just stay on topic, things would be so much easier. 

I highlight which part of the posts I'm commenting on so there is no confusions, but now I have to repeat what I said in a previous post.

A reason why the "size of the jackpot matters" to some players is what I previously said, the jackpot rolled, nobody won a $1 million second prize, and 20 only tickets beat odds of 1:739,688 by matching 4 + 1.

"Lastly, I can guarantee that the $8502 won by those individuals was "plenty enough for their efforts' on that play.....'cause they're both $8502 AHEAD OF ALL OF US IN WINNINGS ON THAT GAME."

It's obvious size doesn't matter to those playing every drawing and just as obvious more people play as the jackpot grows. Seriously, how does being happy with winning a third prize relate to the size of the jackpot?

"Can you hear me now?"

Loud and clear if the topic was "are you satisfied winning $5000 after missing winning the jackpot by one number", but it's not.

Green laughhahah both make decent points truth is stay on topic and win big. It is human nature to feel as if you missed out even when winning a 4+1. Truth is in life you get what you work for so I wouldn't set my aim for a 4+1 win in PB or MM. I'll be at ease with a million dollar prize or better because that's what is advertised so that's what I get in the game for nothing less.

Creativity..

" What's more likely to happen will happen.. "

Million dollar operation 

Wink

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                              Brooklyn, NY
                              United States
                              Member #169723
                              October 29, 2015
                              878 Posts
                              Posted: September 7, 2016, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Contrary to popular belief.... Size doesn't matter! Wink

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot