Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does the size of the lottery jackpot matter to you?

Topic closed. 100 replies. Last post 3 months ago by RJOh.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4109 Posts
Posted: September 2, 2016, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Well in some cases people are happy with their lives and have saved well for any future retirement, so they only aim for a 2nd prize with a couple of million $. I love where I live and if I won hundreds of millions and it was public info, I would have to move. Yes, I play for the 2nd tier prizes.

You cannot aim for 2nd prize- that notion does not exist. If you a sniper in a contest with a Gal Or Guy whose in it with you & whom you really like, you will aim to miss.....then yeah.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

MoneyMike$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Ny
    United States
    Member #167314
    July 5, 2015
    1807 Posts
    Posted: September 2, 2016, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

You cannot aim for 2nd prize- that notion does not exist. If you a sniper in a contest with a Gal Or Guy whose in it with you & whom you really like, you will aim to miss.....then yeah.

If you want to look at it like that everybody's perspective is different.. I can go in depth that the basis of the game is still 5 of 5 you see that + means additional.. Alot comes with it.. About 200,000,000 increase in odds You can be caught up in the first prize hype.. Play how you like or view the game how you like to.. My goal is simplicity and I think alot and break things down.. I dont play how they tell its supposed to be

Creativity..

" What's more likely to happen will happen.. "

Million dollar operation 

Wink

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4109 Posts
      Posted: September 2, 2016, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

If you want to look at it like that everybody's perspective is different.. I can go in depth that the basis of the game is still 5 of 5 you see that + means additional.. Alot comes with it.. About 200,000,000 increase in odds You can be caught up in the first prize hype.. Play how you like or view the game how you like to.. My goal is simplicity and I think alot and break things down.. I dont play how they tell its supposed to be

l am looking at it from a realistic point of view.  Just as you cannot foretell the future or when you going to buy the farm, you cannot realistically aim for 2nd prize.  But you know what Money,  you right- we can agree to disagree and still have a  Cheers over the Internet.  Ain't life grand? Have an outstanding weekend,  you're earned it. Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1649 Posts
        Posted: September 2, 2016, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

the basis of the game is still 5 of 5 you see that + means additional.. Alot comes with it.. About 200,000,000 increase in odds

I definitely agree on this and the stats will surely support it. More players are more apt to match 5 of 5 any given time than all six but, that shouldn't be disappointing at all unless viewed from a 'I can never get that close again' perspective.' Still, a million plus dollars more than they had is realized. The larger the range of numbers and how many to match for the top prize directly determine my 'reasonable expectations'. 

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Ny
          United States
          Member #167314
          July 5, 2015
          1807 Posts
          Posted: September 2, 2016, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

l am looking at it from a realistic point of view.  Just as you cannot foretell the future or when you going to buy the farm, you cannot realistically aim for 2nd prize.  But you know what Money,  you right- we can agree to disagree and still have a  Cheers over the Internet.  Ain't life grand? Have an outstanding weekend,  you're earned it. Smile

Haha of course no harm no foul play..  just an interesting topic i'd say cheers to that brother

Creativity..

Million dollar operation 

Wink

Ny
            United States
            Member #167314
            July 5, 2015
            1807 Posts
            Posted: September 2, 2016, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

the basis of the game is still 5 of 5 you see that + means additional.. Alot comes with it.. About 200,000,000 increase in odds

I definitely agree on this and the stats will surely support it. More players are more apt to match 5 of 5 any given time than all six but, that shouldn't be disappointing at all unless viewed from a 'I can never get that close again' perspective.' Still, a million plus dollars more than they had is realized. The larger the range of numbers and how many to match for the top prize directly determine my 'reasonable expectations'. 

Yes LL stats don't lie more people are winners of 5 of 5 then the jackpot that's just fact.. It's all slightly a mind game Nyl plays on us.. The MB should be easy to get yet it's actually what makes the game astronomical.. So i've come to the conclusion a while ago not only is it how you play it's how you view the game also.. And aince lotterypost is full of strategies I figure that should be the basis of most strategies.. Its more then numbers

Creativity..

Million dollar operation 

Wink

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4794 Posts
              Posted: September 2, 2016, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

You are not understanding all the explanations. We are saying we focus our picking efforts on the first 5 digits. And, yes, you and others aim to win the first prize, the jackpot. An aim is a goal. No difference. Our focus is a pick 5 game.

J'aime La France.

Ny
                United States
                Member #167314
                July 5, 2015
                1807 Posts
                Posted: September 2, 2016, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

You are not understanding all the explanations. We are saying we focus our picking efforts on the first 5 digits. And, yes, you and others aim to win the first prize, the jackpot. An aim is a goal. No difference. Our focus is a pick 5 game.

Same game two different views. It's interesting. Almost like its designed that way. I jus find it to be chaos to pick 5 and double back on a mega ball low number. Somethings not right with that. Thats why when I play I have certain steps I take that I have gotten me mighty close to the jackpot in the near past.

Creativity..

Million dollar operation 

Wink

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7317 Posts
                  Posted: September 2, 2016, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Money- No disrespect but you CANNOT aim for 2nd prize in a game of chance. No such thing exists. Come on, even you must see that.You have no stake in the outcome,no one does.How can you foretell the future. Given that how do you focus on 2nd place? It's like telling family & friends " l will be touring Europe next summer" ..and when asked do you have the money, your reply is " l will when I win the lottery in January."  Better yet, how about telling friends  " l was aiming for 2nd prize & and guess what happened,  l ended up winning  this infernal jackpot."

Really? 

Nobody matched five MM numbers on Tuesday so the most one ticket could win was $5000 except in California where two 4 + 1 tickets paid $8,502.

Texas
                    United States
                    Member #86154
                    January 30, 2010
                    1649 Posts
                    Posted: September 2, 2016, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Nobody matched five MM numbers on Tuesday so the most one ticket could win was $5000 except in California where two 4 + 1 tickets paid $8,502.

Yep, and I'd take the $8,502 and pay my mortgage, insurance, truck note, truck insurance, light bill, water bill, HIT SPEC'S REAL GOOD, send my girlfriend shopping, and book a table at one of the higher end restaurants. I'll take 4 + 1 please. Yes Nod 

#lotto-4-a-living

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7317 Posts
                      Posted: September 2, 2016, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Yep, and I'd take the $8,502 and pay my mortgage, insurance, truck note, truck insurance, light bill, water bill, HIT SPEC'S REAL GOOD, send my girlfriend shopping, and book a table at one of the higher end restaurants. I'll take 4 + 1 please. Yes Nod 

Whether it's spending $8502 or $92 million you're still talking about spending imaginary winnings. I'll take another real $1200 pick-4 box win please Wink

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1649 Posts
                        Posted: September 2, 2016, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

No, Stack. I'm not talking about 'spending' that kind of money, man. You said that two winning tickets in California paid $8,502 which are prizes. I was simply confirming that amount as being plenty enough, for me,  to care of some immediate priorities first and then some luxuries. In other words, I ain't picky at all when it comes to a financial blessing 'cause it's always right on time...no matter the amount. Anyone who'd find something wrong with winning any amount on such a difficult game doesn't deserve to win anyway in my humble opinion.

#lotto-4-a-living

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4794 Posts
                          Posted: September 3, 2016, 7:51 am - IP Logged

No, Stack. I'm not talking about 'spending' that kind of money, man. You said that two winning tickets in California paid $8,502 which are prizes. I was simply confirming that amount as being plenty enough, for me,  to care of some immediate priorities first and then some luxuries. In other words, I ain't picky at all when it comes to a financial blessing 'cause it's always right on time...no matter the amount. Anyone who'd find something wrong with winning any amount on such a difficult game doesn't deserve to win anyway in my humble opinion.

Smokestack just thinks he is a better player than everyone on LP. Far from it of course.

J'aime La France.

Ny
                            United States
                            Member #167314
                            July 5, 2015
                            1807 Posts
                            Posted: September 3, 2016, 9:31 am - IP Logged

Last nite Mega Jackpot rollover to $101 million.. No 1st place winner.. 1 second prize $1,000,000 sold in Florida.. $101 million Smash  the games have begun

Creativity..

Million dollar operation 

Wink

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5124 Posts
                              Posted: September 3, 2016, 9:55 am - IP Logged

NG:                                                                                                                                                                  Psyko agrees looking at it from a realistic point of view. (example to get more bang for UR buck play)$

9/3 ....PB game=$170 mil JP (vs) UR $2 for one ticket to win makes me put $2 on the MM JP 9/6/16 $$    9/6 ...MM game=$101 mil JP (vs) UR $1 for one ticket to win makes my $1 work on two tickets to win$