Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Bulk filtering uisng history

134 replies. Last post 4 hours ago by notmyday.

Page 1 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3962 Posts
Posted: November 17, 2016, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

Here is one of my old filtering methods that kind of got forgotten over the years.  The idea is to use the last so many drawings,

seven, in this example as a line filter.  Notice in the first graphic we see the 5 numbers that showed in last nights game.  If we

look at the previous seven games we can see that two numbers came from out of that list, 12 & 22.

01-02-03-04-06-08-11-12-16-17-18-19-20-22-25-27-28-29-30-33-35-36-38-39.

There are a total of 35 number places in 7 drawings with a total of 24 different numbers in this example.  There are 42,504 five

number lines which could have been eliminated without much worry that one of them would have been the 5of5.  The average is

close to one in ten for this game which is a acceptable risk IMHO.  Each game produces a slightly different totals game to game

and I have seen as many as 30 different numbers in the list.  The third graphic shows results for the last 20 drawings and it's right

on target where 2 games failed as all 5 winning numbers were in the list.  The more history used the more often the winning set will

be in the list.  This filtering method does not remove any numbers from play just certain combos.  The larger the matrix the more

draws one can use but I have never tested it on the big games so can't say exactly what value works best. 

What I have been working on is trying to reduce the matrix in a sort of pre-loader fashion reducing the matrix as much as possible

before I start my main filtering.  I would be very interested in learning about methods others may have tried that have a high hit

rate for success.  I would like to create a single click option that would reduce the matrix by 50% or more.  This one option can

reduce by as much as 25% with a success of around 90% without any user analysis. 

RL     

Most recent drawing

Last 7 games

Last 20 games MO cash 5-30

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Sunglasses's avatar - nicebear
    Zaperlopopotam
    Belgium
    Member #173932
    March 26, 2016
    950 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2016, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

You sometimes find periodically high or low scoring numbers.

NN1N2N3N4N5N6R

Lotto BE

3 scored, 2 failed. 6 scored and was drawn again.

I might play 3 and 6 straight in first position.

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3962 Posts
      Posted: November 17, 2016, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

I am looking for a series of methods that don't have to be monitored.  The method I mentioned above can 

be turned into a user adjustable filter which makes it much more powerful.  Lets say I build a string with 25

numbers form the last however many games.  It's almost a sure bet that at least one and less than five

will be in the next drawing.   Since there would be 14 numbers outside the string and we could cull any 5

number combo coming from the 14 which would give us a 2002 reduction.   The odds for the 5of5 coming

from this group would be 575757 / 2002 or one in 278 drawings, very safe bet.  Next we can calculate the

number of lines that can be generated using the 25 lines in the string, remember no set with 5 numbers can

come from the 25 number string.  There are a 53,130 lines that can be gotten from the 25 and the odds are

575757/53,130 or 1 in  10.8.  This is still a good bet IMHO as 2 or 3 failures out of 20 games is not too bad

for a hands off filter.   We now have a reduced the matrix by 53,130+2002= 55,132, almost 10% without

having done any analysis.   The old version allowed the user to analyze the data and set a range so that

more filtering could be gotten.  Lets say that our analysis suggested that we play 3 numbers from the 25

and 2 numbers from the list of 14.  This would give us 2300 possible 3 number combinations from the 25

and 91 doubles from the other 14,  3200*91=209,300 or 64% reduction.   What I would like to do is find

several like the above mentioned that could be combined so that no analysis is needed and still give a

good hit rate for the 5of5.   The goal is a 50% overall reduction with a 3 out of 4 attempt hit rate.  Calling

the first or last number odd or even can reduce by 75% but last time I tried that it was not very successful.     

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

bgonçalves
        Brasil
        Member #92564
        June 9, 2010
        2122 Posts
        Posted: November 17, 2016, 4:01 pm - IP Logged
          bgonçalves
          Brasil
          Member #92564
          June 9, 2010
          2122 Posts
          Posted: November 17, 2016, 4:04 pm - IP Logged
            bgonçalves
            Brasil
            Member #92564
            June 9, 2010
            2122 Posts
            Posted: November 17, 2016, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Hello randonic, we can create the intersection filter,
            And easy the number 17 and blue is ande lies the line and column of the matrix
            Excluding 13 numbers, yes there are several union of rows and columns zeroed
            It is called the intersection filter is the number where the line with the column type Cartesian plane, in red is a lot, there are therefore 39 intersection filters (union of rows and columns)

Zaperlopopotam
              Belgium
              Member #173932
              March 26, 2016
              950 Posts
              Posted: November 17, 2016, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

I am looking for a series of methods that don't have to be monitored.  The method I mentioned above can 

be turned into a user adjustable filter which makes it much more powerful.  Lets say I build a string with 25

numbers form the last however many games.  It's almost a sure bet that at least one and less than five

will be in the next drawing.   Since there would be 14 numbers outside the string and we could cull any 5

number combo coming from the 14 which would give us a 2002 reduction.   The odds for the 5of5 coming

from this group would be 575757 / 2002 or one in 278 drawings, very safe bet.  Next we can calculate the

number of lines that can be generated using the 25 lines in the string, remember no set with 5 numbers can

come from the 25 number string.  There are a 53,130 lines that can be gotten from the 25 and the odds are

575757/53,130 or 1 in  10.8.  This is still a good bet IMHO as 2 or 3 failures out of 20 games is not too bad

for a hands off filter.   We now have a reduced the matrix by 53,130+2002= 55,132, almost 10% without

having done any analysis.   The old version allowed the user to analyze the data and set a range so that

more filtering could be gotten.  Lets say that our analysis suggested that we play 3 numbers from the 25

and 2 numbers from the list of 14.  This would give us 2300 possible 3 number combinations from the 25

and 91 doubles from the other 14,  3200*91=209,300 or 64% reduction.   What I would like to do is find

several like the above mentioned that could be combined so that no analysis is needed and still give a

good hit rate for the 5of5.   The goal is a 50% overall reduction with a 3 out of 4 attempt hit rate.  Calling

the first or last number odd or even can reduce by 75% but last time I tried that it was not very successful.     

RL

I had settings for filtering the local lotto, 6/45, by code. The amount of drawings was much too big, but it always cashed a net win in simulations. I used it for simulations without user interface. Later I deleted the code and built a form for private use only. I found many ways to reduce the amount of lines. It is up to you to decide if you apply a written filter or not.

Gambler667's avatar - shapes swish.jpg

Australia
                Member #166177
                May 8, 2015
                29 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2016, 2:18 am - IP Logged

RL,

Finally a good simple way of choosing numbers! 

What about using filtering the first digit as 1:6 or 2:6 using the last 2 or 4 past draws in a full wheel and then filtering the remaining package using the last digits either as 2:6  the latest draw? In this way it seems you are able to get the first number and second (which sometimes does not repeat from previous draw). Depending on your lottery having the 2 or 3 last digits correct from the previous draw might bring some winnings? The day I get a 5 out of 6 I will be Banana even without the bonus balls.

I start looking at my past 10 draws and see the repeats. One to three numbers certainly repeat from these previous draws. In my lottery having 3 correct numbers don`t pay back without 2 correct bonus balls :-(

What a pity Sunglasses deleted the code !!! I play a 6/45 game too and tired of pen & paper!!! Would you care to explain a little bit about your method, Sunglasses?

Gambler667

United States
                  Member #59354
                  March 13, 2008
                  3962 Posts
                  Posted: November 18, 2016, 5:47 am - IP Logged

I had settings for filtering the local lotto, 6/45, by code. The amount of drawings was much too big, but it always cashed a net win in simulations. I used it for simulations without user interface. Later I deleted the code and built a form for private use only. I found many ways to reduce the amount of lines. It is up to you to decide if you apply a written filter or not.

Any chance you could reconstruct the code you used, not the whole thing just the number stuff?

I have what I call a speed wheel which has several options but the plan for now is to use it to

wheel 30 numbers.  Wheeling 30 numbers in a pick-5 produces 142,506 lines which amounts to

a 75% reduction.  This means that on average one could expect to trap a 5of5 on average 1 in 4

games even if the numbers used are selected at random. 

I have very few attempts where I don't manage at least one 4of5 in the subset but I am focused on winning a jackpot.  When

selecting at random we can for this game expect to select one correct number for every 7.8 number choices we make.  If using 

30 numbers we should expect  to trap 3.84 correct even if selecting at random.  This makes me think that it's within the realm of

possibilities to increase the ratio by one full point.   Another advantage is that the lower level prize hit rates are often better than

playing the entire matrix. 

Here are the results for the 142,506 lines generated above

If we do the math we can see our overall chances also increase when playing any line from the subset.  For any line we play in

a 5-39 matrix the odds for a match-4 are 1 in 3387.  The odds for hitting a 4 of 5 from the subset is 142506/125=1140.  This is

close to 3x better.  Better odds will always translate more winnings.  I don't think this will generate a lot of interest because of

the total lines still in play but for me it's big.  Anyway, if you can remember the processes you used I would like to test them.

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    3962 Posts
                    Posted: November 18, 2016, 5:54 am - IP Logged

dr san

Don't understand exactly what your doing, can you break it down?

RL

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3962 Posts
                      Posted: November 18, 2016, 6:04 am - IP Logged

Gambler667

It should work for just about any matrix but falls a little short of the mark.  There is much that can be gained

from this but it's only one step in the process.  It's always easy to make connections after the drawing so be

advised, gaining dependable data before the draw is a little harder.

RL

Zaperlopopotam
                        Belgium
                        Member #173932
                        March 26, 2016
                        950 Posts
                        Posted: November 18, 2016, 8:27 am - IP Logged

RL,

Finally a good simple way of choosing numbers! 

What about using filtering the first digit as 1:6 or 2:6 using the last 2 or 4 past draws in a full wheel and then filtering the remaining package using the last digits either as 2:6  the latest draw? In this way it seems you are able to get the first number and second (which sometimes does not repeat from previous draw). Depending on your lottery having the 2 or 3 last digits correct from the previous draw might bring some winnings? The day I get a 5 out of 6 I will be Banana even without the bonus balls.

I start looking at my past 10 draws and see the repeats. One to three numbers certainly repeat from these previous draws. In my lottery having 3 correct numbers don`t pay back without 2 correct bonus balls :-(

What a pity Sunglasses deleted the code !!! I play a 6/45 game too and tired of pen & paper!!! Would you care to explain a little bit about your method, Sunglasses?

Gambler667

--- I think the best is to pull the plug.

Australia
                          Member #166177
                          May 8, 2015
                          29 Posts
                          Posted: November 18, 2016, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

RL,

Indeed. However, looking for 30 numbers seem to be many number to trap a 5/5.

Using 15 or 18 in your lottery should not be best?

Once again, what a pity Sunglasses deleted the code! Put the plug in !!

Gambler667.

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            3962 Posts
                            Posted: November 18, 2016, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Gambler667

I am thinking the code never existed, using 30 numbers gives me a good shot for trapping while still keeping

the total lines in the ballpark.  I will keep working on it and see what I can come up with.  With the tools I use

it does not take too much effort to reduce them to 10 to 15 lines to play.

RL

Australia
                              Member #166177
                              May 8, 2015
                              29 Posts
                              Posted: November 18, 2016, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

RL,

Keep us posted with your findings and tools/methods. It is always great seeing such a good player like you sharing the thoughts.

Gambler667